PDA

View Full Version : Bill Nye (The Science Guy) debates uber-Creationist

finnbow
02-04-2014, 09:32 PM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/02/04/271648691/watch-the-creationism-vs-evolution-debate-bill-nye-and-ken-ham

This happened tonight and was just posted. It's long (over 2 hours), but I can't help but believe it will be highly amusing. The debate takes place inside the Creationism Museum (one debater is its founder).

I haven't had the time to watch it yet, but I thought I'd offer it up for your amusement. The article provides some excerpts from the debate.

bobabode
02-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I'll have to check it out. I've been a fan of Bill's for a long time.

JJIII
02-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Love this comment...

"When you had my old friend Larry King up there – you could've just asked him. He's been around a long time, and he's a smart guy. He could probably answer for all of us."

:D

Oerets
02-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Started watching in streamed last night. Some good laughs! But soon got bored. Scary to think of a world in which Creationism ran things.

Barney

BlueStreak
02-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Haven't watched it. So, did the Biblethumper raise any points beyond; "Because the Bible says so."?

Dave

Countryford
02-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Back in the 90's, the church I went to(don't ask), was very pro creationism and against evolution. Anyways, they showed videos of a guy by the name of Kent Hovind who traveled about preaching creationism. Kent Hovind was also supposed to eventually make it to our church and talk/preach to us. Things happened in the church that we had to cancel the meeting. I ended up leaving that church(best thing I ever did). Not that long ago, I remembered all of this and Kent Hovind and was curious to know if he was still out there preaching. The information I found is that in 2007 he was sentenced for 58 federal counts, including 12 tax offenses, one count of obstructing federal agents, and 45 counts of structuring cash transactions.

Somewhere I have some of his videos from 1997.

merrylander
02-05-2014, 09:38 AM
The trouble is that far too many people take the Bible literally. So if He created Earth in six days, please define 'day'. And I still laugh out loud everytime I see depictions of Adam and Eve - they both have navels.

noonereal
02-05-2014, 10:50 AM
The trouble is that far too many people take the Bible literally. So if He created Earth in six days, please define 'day'. And I still laugh out loud everytime I see depictions of Adam and Eve - they both have navels.

Where else would they keep spare lint?