PDA

View Full Version : Ford relocating production TO Ohio.

BlueStreak
03-09-2014, 02:00 PM
http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/03/07/ford-to-move-production-large-trucks-from-mexico-to-ohio/

Dave

BlueStreak
03-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Also;

http://www.norwalkreflector.com/article/4256976

What the working class hating, 1% worshippers at Fox omit is this;

"This shift in production from Mexico to the Ohio Assembly Plant is the result of the 2011 collective bargaining agreement between Ford and the United Auto Workers (UAW)."

Or was it that King of Outsources, Mitt Romney who did this?

No, I think not. He's worthless.

Dave

icenine
03-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Sounds like the Avon plant.....but Pete will know for sure.
I do know if Ford still owns the closed Lorain facility but that is literally across the street from the border of my home town. Good news for that area of Ohio.

Boreas
03-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Sounds like the Avon plant.....but Pete will know for sure.
I do know if Ford still owns the closed Lorain facility but that is literally across the street from the border of my home town. Good news for that area of Ohio.

Great news. I'll bet Pete will be very pleased..... but will he admit it? ;)

John

icenine
03-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Great news. I'll bet Pete will be very pleased..... but will he admit it? ;)

John

Yes...he loves American cars more than I do lol;)

Boreas
03-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Yes...he loves American cars more than I do lol;)

But what about unions?

John

icenine
03-09-2014, 09:26 PM
hmmm
I always get the impression he drives American cars from previous posts.....

I guess we will all have to tune in Monday morning for Pete to answer!

donquixote99
03-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Honda is bringing work into Ohio too. But from Indiana, so no get gain USA-wise....

icenine
03-09-2014, 09:45 PM
I route for the home team!

You are in the SW part of Ohio right DQ?

donquixote99
03-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Yes. Or the Northwest Territory, as i tell some puzzled folks sometimes....

4-2-7
03-09-2014, 09:53 PM
It would be good if this country would start gearing up and building all the components again as well.

Assembly is fine but all the industry needed to build components is where the bulk of jobs are at.

Buy Fords!!!

icenine
03-09-2014, 10:45 PM
It would be good if this country would start gearing up and building all the components again as well.

Assembly is fine but all the industry needed to build components is where the bulk of jobs are at.

Buy Fords!!!

our economy is too world entwined for that sort of step...particularly with Ford and GM building cars overseas like Honda and Toyota do here......

people in other countries need jobs to buy our stuff too

perhaps we should build really cheap speakers and badge them with BOSA and a big made in the USA sticker....and send them overseas

I joke but we need to sell stuff the rest of the world wants

BlueStreak
03-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Buy Fords!!!

OMG, that would mean more dumbass clock punchers like me sharing this country with superior beings such as yourself. Oh, my what will you do?

Tell me; Any of your customers punch a clock, dumbass? Maybe they'd like to know what you think of them and how much more highly you regard yourself over them?;)

Dave

piece-itpete
03-10-2014, 09:00 AM
I'm all for private unions if they can be competitive.

I see Kasich is bringing home the bacon ;)

Pete

4-2-7
03-10-2014, 09:02 AM
OMG, that would mean more dumbass clock punchers like me sharing this country with superior beings such as yourself. Oh, my what will you do?

Tell me; Any of your customers punch a clock, dumbass? Maybe they'd like to know what you think of them and how much more highly you regard yourself over them?;)

Dave

No my customers are very rich.

Small component building would generate contracts for small business.

4-2-7
03-10-2014, 09:05 AM
I'm all for private unions if they can be competitive.

I see Kasich is bringing home the bacon ;)

Pete

John Kasich has been very good for Ohio's economy, a republican of corse.

BlueStreak
03-10-2014, 09:13 AM
How so?

Dave

BlueStreak
03-10-2014, 09:14 AM
No my customers are very rich.

Small component building would generate contracts for small business.

Do you run at their heels and kiss their asses, or is that only for "little people" like me, your royal majesty?

Dave

icenine
03-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Do you know where these trucks are going to be assembled Pete?

icenine
03-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Remember Dave 13 is completely self-reliant.

BlueStreak
03-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Remember Dave 13 is completely self-reliant.

I hear he shits diamonds and weaves cloth to make his own sails for the 120' yacht he built out of Teak he grew and cut on his own plantation.

Dave

BlueStreak
03-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Do you know where these trucks are going to be assembled Pete?

Avon. It's in the second article, Robbin.

Dave

icenine
03-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Hurray!

Oerets
03-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Bravo Ford! They have a very large presents in the Derby City. The truck plant and Explorer/Escape. But they have lowered the starting pay and benefits so it might be at a level it now makes economic sense to move to Ohio. Then add the events in TN with VW and elected officials one wonders? http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/mar/09/is-right-to-work-alive-as-an-issue/ What will happen in an election year?

Barney

icenine
03-10-2014, 10:04 AM
I hear he shits diamonds and weaves cloth to make his own sails for the 120' yacht he built out of Teak he grew and cut on his own plantation.

Dave

He road a unicycle to school when all the other kids took the bus;)