PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Church Sickos Receive Compassion From The Target Of Their Hate

bobabode
03-16-2014, 05:52 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/founder-of-anti-gay-kansas-church-in-care-facility/2014/03/16/e9fc6ad8-ad2a-11e3-b8b3-44b1d1cd4c1f_story.html?hpid=z4

Pretty 'amazing' grace those people are showing towards their enemy.

finnbow
03-16-2014, 06:12 PM
The funeral he deserves is to be dumped in the dumpster out back.

Boreas
03-16-2014, 06:20 PM
A Kansas gay rights group on Sunday urged the gay community to respect the privacy of the “notoriously anti-LGBT” pastor if his health is declining.

Phelps and the members of his church have “harassed” the grieving families of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Kansans and others, Thomas Witt, executive director of Equality Kansas, said in a prepared statement.

But Witt added: “This is our moment as a community to rise above the sorrow, anger, and strife he sowed, and to show the world we are caring and compassionate people who respect the privacy and dignity of all.”

Pretty classy. I wonder how charitable I'd be in their shoes.

John

mpholland
03-16-2014, 06:24 PM
I don't really have a dog in the fight as I am not gay and yet don't have anything against them, but I do have a hard time deciphering the motive for the compassion. Is it true compassion or is it also a political move? I can see not sinking to his level and picketing the hospital and/or funeral when it comes, but you would never see or hear a compassionate word or action out of me.

Boreas
03-16-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't really have a dog in the fight as I am not gay and yet don't have anything against them, but I do have a hard time deciphering the motive for the compassion. Is it true compassion or is it also a political move? I can see not sinking to his level and picketing the hospital and/or funeral when it comes, but you would never see or hear a compassionate word or action out of me.

Both, I'd say, true compassion and smart PR.

John

bobabode

Shrewd of them eh? ;) Worked for Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King. In that vein, I would say we all have a dog in this fight, equal rights and protection under the law.

donquixote99
Virtue is it's own reward? Anyone still think that?

Boreas
03-16-2014, 06:38 PM

Well, I know I'd be happier with myself if I'd been more, and more often, virtuous. Since I'm the only person I have to live with, that's pretty important.

John

BlueStreak
03-16-2014, 06:48 PM
I think they are doing the right thing. They shouldn't lower themselves to his level.
Just let the freaks bury their pious pied Piper in peace...........

Although the temptation to take a dump on his headstone must be incredible.

Dave

d-ray657
03-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Showing compassion toward Phelps in these circumstances says all that needs to be said about those whom he opposed.

Regards,

D-Ray

Tom Joad
03-16-2014, 09:13 PM

Dave

I hear you, but I'm waiting for George W. Bush's grave.

That's one of the reasons I am exercising regularly, living clean, and watching what I eat. I want to outlive that SOB so I can take a big steaming dump on his grave.

Anyone know what kind of security, if any, there is around the grave of a former President? I'm hoping none.

4-2-7
03-16-2014, 10:07 PM
I know there doing the right thing but!!!!!

It's not like they would get another crack at his funeral. What better way can they show the pain the Westboro Church inflict onto others.

4-2-7
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
I hear you, but I'm waiting for George W. Bush's grave.

That's one of the reasons I am exercising regularly, living clean, and watching what I eat. I want to outlive that SOB so I can take a big steaming dump on his grave.

Anyone know what kind of security, if any, there is around the grave of a former President? I'm hoping none.
Yep pretty Vile little boy you are.

bobabode
03-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Showing compassion toward Phelps in these circumstances says all that needs to be said about those whom he opposed.

Regards,

D-Ray

Well said boss. Must be sickening to hear of what these asses are doing in your adopted state. :(

bobabode
03-16-2014, 10:45 PM
I think they are doing the right thing. They shouldn't lower themselves to his level.
Just let the freaks bury their pious pied Piper in peace...........

Dave

I'm tempted to take a leak on Orange county's native son, Tricky Dick Nixon's here before I get outta Dodge. ;)

CarlV
03-16-2014, 11:39 PM
I know there doing the right thing but!!!!!

It's not like they would get another crack at his funeral. What better way can they show the pain the Westboro Church inflict onto others.

So 2 wrongs make a right, huh? :rolleyes:

Not here. :)

If there is a heaven the crackpot trailer trash preacher Phelps sure ain't going there when it is all said and done. Wasn't it in the bible to turn the other cheek?
Hmmm, a quick Google says twice, both Matthew 5:29 and Luke 6:29.

Maybe they will turn his church into a Planned Parenthood center. :) When the People's Temple church in SF burned down they put a nice big post office there. Always struck me as kinda weird that place was right next door to the original Fillmore Ballroom.

Carl

merrylander
03-17-2014, 07:29 AM

Yes, especially as I am the one who has to look in the mirror to shave. It would be difficult to shave properly while throwing up.

I believe that Paul said it all in one of his letters to the people in Corinth (1 Corinthians 13: 1-13 except that the King James translators took the Greek 'agape' to mean charity whereas the correct translation is a self effacing or unconditional love. Clever folks the Greeks they have four words for love.

one1
03-17-2014, 08:55 AM
anothers Feelings towards others is their choice for whatever reason,Valid or not.most men know hatred and what it does and still they choose to arm themselves with it and use it indiscrimatley.A man is known by his works and deeds to himself and if that said man can look in the mirror and feel right about his doings then he is a sanctified man.It is sad but this is how the majority of people live ther lives,Know there concept of life and how it should be lived is the one and only Way.

MikeG22
03-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Why drop to the level of the WBC and do anything at this bigots funeral? After this piece of crap there will be another pathetic attention monger don't you worry the world's full of em.

d-ray657
03-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Well said boss. Must be sickening to hear of what these asses are doing in your adopted state. :(

His offspring have their hooks into the Kansas Department of Corrections. I have to deal with them professionally. :(

Regards,

D-Ray

Zeke
03-17-2014, 11:30 AM
His offspring have their hooks into the Kansas Department of Corrections. I have to deal with them professionally. :(

Regards,

D-Ray

Ten years ago, I worked for Margie.

Interestingly, I didn't sense a lot of personal/professional overlap...

MrPots
03-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Pretty classy. I wonder how charitable I'd be in their shoes.

John

I'm not that classy. When he kicks the can I'll be there with a poster.....fashioned after one of his own.

I've had to read his vile crap for decades now.

donquixote99
03-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Thomas Aquinas said the saints will view the sufferings of the damned in hell, and be made all the more happy thereby. I've always been quite dubious about his logic here, but thinking about Rev Phelps, I suddenly can see his point.

finnbow
03-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Thomas Aquinas said the saints will view the sufferings of the damned in hell, and be made all the more happy thereby. I've always been quite dubious about his logic here, but thinking about Rev Phelps, I suddenly can see his point.

Ach ja. Schadenfreude.;)

Boreas
03-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Ach ja. Schadenfreude.;)

St. Thomas Aquinas, patron saint of scadenfreude.

John

Pio1980
03-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Class act here; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-hotham-carroll/fred-phelps-westboro_b_4976787.html

Tom Joad
03-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Yep pretty Vile little boy you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ov3FhRB_Wc

piece-itpete
03-18-2014, 08:06 AM

Ah but the scroll of vengeance tastes sweet in the mouth, but turns bitter in the stomach ;)

Pete

donquixote99
03-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Ah but the scroll of vengeance tastes sweet in the mouth, but turns bitter in the stomach ;)

Pete

Hmmmm...sort of suggests a drawback to the whole 'eternal punishment' concept.

piece-itpete
03-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Hence the old saying 'Justice is for the strong' ;)

Pete

donquixote99
03-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Hence the old saying 'Justice is for the strong' ;)

Pete

'Strong of stomach,' that is. Interesting point, given what mostly passes for 'justice....'

4-2-7
03-18-2014, 08:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ov3FhRB_Wc

You can save the effort looking on youtube to communicate, I never open any of your links. I don't want it recorded in my computer that I searched for the crap you look at. It could incriminate me in some vile little man syndrome.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/head-up-your-ass-funny-quotes.jpg

bobabode
03-18-2014, 04:47 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2014/03/18/why-fred-phelps-was-so-useful-to-the-gay-rights-movement/

I guess we can file this in the category of useful idiots.;) I hope no one shows up to protest this sicko's funeral, that would be the best coda to his miserable life and hate filled life.

"For more than two decades, the Westboro Baptist Church has been the tin can tied to the tail of those who opposed the expansion of marriage equality and other legal protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, defining an extreme end of the spectrum of American thinking on gay people. Whenever conservative Christians tried to draw a distinction between their objections to homosexuality and outright hatred of gay people, there were Phelps and his followers cheerfully brandishing their distinctive striped “God Hates Fags” placards in a sort of intellectual photobomb." WaPo

bobabode
03-18-2014, 05:01 PM
You can save the effort looking on youtube to communicate, I never open any of your links. I don't want it recorded in my computer that I searched for the crap you look at. It could incriminate me in some vile little man syndrome.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/head-up-your-ass-funny-quotes.jpg

Why don't you two get a friggin' room and stop the incessant & childish threadcrapping on this forum?

Tom Joad
03-18-2014, 07:46 PM

Pete

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Remember that Pete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF6QKTSlW6g

Tom Joad
03-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Why don't you two get a friggin' room and stop the incessant & childish threadcrapping on this forum?

Et Tu bobabode?

I've made a total of one reply to the SOB in the last week.

You on the other hand have been playing internet post ping pong with him all day every day.

So fuck you.

bobabode
03-18-2014, 08:03 PM
I love you too Bouncin' Betty. Most of that was directed at our pet troll -5. ;)

Tom Joad
03-18-2014, 08:07 PM
I love you too Bouncin' Betty. Most of that was directed at our pet troll -5. ;)

No problemo.

I'm mostly just having fun.

If my sense of humor goes over like a turd in a punch bowl, so what?

bobabode
03-18-2014, 08:13 PM
No problemo.

I'm mostly just having fun.

If my sense of humor goes over like a turd in a punch bowl, so what?

It's cool. This old broken down ex-roofer can take it. :D

Tom Joad
03-18-2014, 08:27 PM
It's cool. This old broken down ex-roofer can take it. :D

An ex-roofer.

Cool.

I'm a retired State Government worker.

I have a lot of respect for people like you that had real jobs.

bobabode
03-18-2014, 08:45 PM
An ex-roofer.

Cool.

I'm a retired State Government worker.

I have a lot of respect for people like you that had real jobs.

Still at it, I just stay the hell off of the roof these days. Well, except when I went up to cheer the black dudes' election and re election with fireworks and my bugle. ;)

Five to six years of being a fulltime shingler was enough of that shit for me. Been doing everything else related residential construction since. Finish carpenter is my last hat in the trades, I think. Who knows?

I've got a helluva lot of respect for you roadbuilders and government workers. Pops was a union official for a time in LA looking after government workers, AFL CIO, when he wasn't out in the grape fields with Caesar Chavez or wearing his ministers' robes.

Pio1980
03-18-2014, 10:36 PM
The State has yet to demonstrate a rationally or legally valid interest in prohibiting gay marriage or polygamy for what that's worth, the 1st and forth amendments prohibit pressing others to practice an alien religion under color of law or applying the law unequally for no justifiable reason, and some courts are figuring this out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2014/03/18/why-fred-phelps-was-so-useful-to-the-gay-rights-movement/

I guess we can file this in the category of useful idiots.;) I hope no one shows up to protest this sicko's funeral, that would be the best coda to his miserable life and hate filled life.

"For more than two decades, the Westboro Baptist Church has been the tin can tied to the tail of those who opposed the expansion of marriage equality and other legal protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, defining an extreme end of the spectrum of American thinking on gay people. Whenever conservative Christians tried to draw a distinction between their objections to homosexuality and outright hatred of gay people, there were Phelps and his followers cheerfully brandishing their distinctive striped “God Hates Fags” placards in a sort of intellectual photobomb." WaPo

bobabode
03-18-2014, 10:51 PM
The State has yet to demonstrate a rationally or legally valid interest in prohibiting gay marriage or polygamy for what that's worth, the 1st and forth amendments prohibit pressing others to practice an alien religion under color of law or applying the law unequally for no justifiable reason, and some courts are figuring this out.

Ayup. There's no legal justification for the denial of equal rights. This 'un will be back before the Supreme court soon and there will be no hiding behind the robe for Scalia and his merry band of malcontents.

Just saw your location, good one there Pio. :D I would've left off the Ala but then my ancestors were blue bellies. No offense.

Pio1980
03-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Ayup. There's no legal justification for the denial of equal rights. This 'un will be back before the Supreme court soon and there will be no hiding behind the robe for Scalia and his merry band of malcontents.

Just saw your location, good one there Pio. :D I would've left off the Ala but then my ancestors were blue bellies. No offense.

No prob', I'm a transplant. So you think 'Bamastan works better?

bobabode
03-18-2014, 11:11 PM
No prob', I'm a transplant. So you think 'Bamastan works better?

Just don't share that with your neighbors. :D How did you end up there?

Pio1980
03-18-2014, 11:18 PM
I retired from the Army here, I spent as much or more time in my adult life here as anywhere else so it made sense to just settle here. I'm just an iddy biddy blueberry in a big-ass field of crabapples.

bobabode
03-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Ahhh, got it. I guess like anywhere else it has it's pluses and minuses. Lived in the DC area for a dozen years before heading back to California in '80. I'll take the occasional earthquake over hurricanes and the humidity over your way.

piece-itpete
03-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Remember that Pete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF6QKTSlW6g

I will! Does it come with beer?

Pete

donquixote99
03-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Hah! It comes with whisky!

Boreas
03-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Hah! It comes with whisky!

'shine.

John

piece-itpete
03-19-2014, 11:50 AM
WIN!

Pete

djv8ga
03-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Sad news for Kansas. They'll need to find a new celebrity.

Pio1980
03-20-2014, 10:08 AM

They've still got Brownback, so the top official asshole position is covered.

finnbow
03-20-2014, 11:35 AM
It seems that the worthless, hatefull @sshole has gone to meet his maker.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/fred-phelps-sr-leader-of-westboro-baptist-church-dies-at-84/2014/03/20/a0c5cd30-ae2b-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

one1
03-20-2014, 01:10 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/fred-phelps-sr-leader-of-westboro-baptist-church-dies-at-84/2014/03/20/a0c5cd30-ae2b-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

see thats what I mean about Karma comin round,the hate he spewed is now being spewed at him by someone else with hate in ther heart.

finnbow
03-20-2014, 01:19 PM
see thats what I mean about Karma comin round,the hate he spewed is now being spewed at him by someone else with hate in ther heart.

I'll take back worthless. His outrageous behavior actually probably helped to serve the gay rights movement. He remains a hateful @sshole though.

bobabode
03-20-2014, 01:31 PM

You're mistaking disgust with hate here.

CarlV
03-20-2014, 01:44 PM

Celebrity, I like that name. You can't really be a Baptist preacher when you do not follow either the bible or the 10 commandments.

Carl

4-2-7
03-20-2014, 02:15 PM
I'll take back worthless. His outrageous behavior actually probably helped to serve the gay rights movement. He remains a hateful @sshole though.

Yep nobody is worthless they can show what a bad example is.

one1
03-20-2014, 02:59 PM
You're mistaking disgust with hate here.

yea but the disgust reincarnates as hate,it does not matter though.at least now he can see how many points he aquired here on earth.It's all good.

bobabode
03-20-2014, 11:24 PM
yea but the disgust reincarnates as hate,it does not matter though.at least now he can see how many points he aquired here on earth.It's all good.

Only if you hold on to it. I just hope the world will give a collective yawn at this sicko's passing and nobody feeds the hate by protesting his funeral. I suspect these sickos at Westboro won't even hold a public funeral. That's how coward haters roll.

mpholland
03-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Wonder how much validity is in this.

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2014/03/20/slayer-to-protest-westboro-baptist-leader-fred-phelps-funeral/

donquixote99
03-21-2014, 08:49 PM
It's satire.

Phelps passed away earlier today after suffering a severe heart attack when informed that Ellen DeGeneres had a popular television talk show.

As satire, it's not so bad.... :)

mpholland
03-21-2014, 08:54 PM
I understand it is satire, but sometimes there is a minute shred of truth in satire.

Tom Joad
03-22-2014, 01:35 PM

I don't believe in that religious crap, but on the off chance that I'm wrong I'm pretty sure who he has gone to meet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8

Boreas
03-22-2014, 01:51 PM
I think, right here on PC, we might actually be witnessing the good that Phelps did, despite his black soul. Not terribly long ago, some of us here would have used a thread like this to voice their discomfort with "the gay lifestyle" or "the homosexual agenda", even is it were only, "I don't approve of what Phelps does but.......".

Maybe, through the absurdity and downright evil of the WBC campaign, some of us have come to change our former attitude toward LGBT people or, if not our attitude, at least our willingness to give voice to our hurtful and intolerant position.

John

Tom Joad
03-22-2014, 02:20 PM
I think, right here on PC, we might actually be witnessing the good that Phelps did, despite his black soul. Not terribly long ago, some of us here would have used a thread like this to voice their discomfort with "the gay lifestyle" or "the homosexual agenda", even is it were only, "I don't approve of what Phelps does but.......".

Maybe, through the absurdity and downright evil of the WBC campaign, some of us have come to change our former attitude toward LGBT people or, if not our attitude, at least our willingness to give voice to our hurtful and intolerant position.

John

Maybe for some.

For me it was my gay brother-law and my two gay cousins that changed my attitude. They are some of the finest people you would ever want to meet. Not assholes like me. :D

Boreas
03-22-2014, 02:27 PM
My second ever job was as a waiter in a basement beer pub in DC, near Georgetown University. There was a proper restaurant on the main floor. A lot of the waiters and bus boys upstairs were gay and, since we all worked for the same boss, we got to know one another and often went bar-hopping together after work.

One night a couple of Quantico Marines decided to give Herbie a ration of shit for, you know, being a fag. That queen just kicked the living shit out of both of them!

After that, I never thought being anti-gay was a particularly good idea. :D

John

mpholland
03-22-2014, 03:06 PM
When I was a teenager we had a gay couple that decided to start up a goat dairy down the road a couple miles. A couple of the nicest guys I have met to this day. I had a bisexual girlfriend several years back. We went to a club in Portland and she introduced me to her friend Manley. I found it amusing that she had nicknamed him "Notso".

finnbow
03-22-2014, 03:20 PM
My second ever job was as a waiter in a basement beer pub in DC, near Georgetown University. There was a proper restaurant on the mail floor. A lot of the waiters and bus boys upstairs were gay and, since we all worked for the same boss, we got to know one another and often went bar-hopping together after work.

The Tombs?

Boreas
03-22-2014, 03:37 PM
The Tombs?

The Tombs. 1789 upstairs.

Is it still there?

John

finnbow
03-22-2014, 03:49 PM
The Tombs. 1789 upstairs.

Is it still there?

John

Yep. 1789 is a pretty upscale place. When I was home on break from college in the '71-73 time-frame, my college buddies from NoVa (I was living in MoCo) and I used to meet at The Tombs before heading out to do other stuff (e.g., going to the Cellar Door). The Tombs had been their high school hangout before anyone cared about the drinking age around here. FWIW, my high school's hangout was The Lodge on upper Wisconsin - closer cheap beer for us MD kids.

Boreas
03-22-2014, 03:56 PM
FWIW, my high school's hangout was The Lodge on upper Wisconsin - closer cheap beer for us MD kids.

Yeah, but that was full of AU pukes! ;)

John

Boreas
03-22-2014, 04:01 PM
..... used to meet at The Tombs before heading out to do other stuff (e.g., going to the Cellar Door).

Remember Mac's, on the other side of 34th from the Door? That was one of our hangouts. Jack Boyle owned that too.

Saw a lot of great acts at the Cellar Door too, for instance, Woody Allen and Proctor & Bergman.

John

finnbow
03-22-2014, 04:01 PM

John

The Lodge is now a crab house, The Dancing Crab. Haven't been there in ~40 years.:eek:

Boreas
03-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Remember Mac's, on the other side of 34th from the Door? That was one of our hangouts. Jack Boyle owned that too.

Saw a lot of great acts at the Cellar Door too, for instance, Woody Allen and Proctor & Bergman.

John

I just remembered that it was at Mac's (or right outside) that Herbie took out those two jarheads.

John

Boreas
03-22-2014, 04:09 PM
The Lodge is now a crab house, The Dancing Crab. Haven't been there in ~40 years.:eek:

Yeah, I know, Pat! It has been around 45 since I've been to the Tombs!

John

bobabode
03-22-2014, 04:10 PM

John

Wasn't Jack Cassidy of Hot Tuna and Jefferson Airplane an AU puke? ;)

Boreas
03-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Wasn't Jack Cassidy of Hot Tuna and Jefferson Airplane an AU puke? ;)

Think so. He and Kaukonnen are both from DC. Casady is one hell of a bass player!

John

bobabode
03-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Think so. He and Kaukonnen are both from DC. Casady is one hell of a bass player!

John

I saw Hot Tuna play a couple of times at AU (American University) back in the early '70s. Free concerts! Yipeee!

bobabode
03-22-2014, 04:23 PM
. Casady is one hell of a bass player!

John

Oh yeah. Jack was called to play on Electric Ladyland by Hendrix. Voodoo Child was the tune. The best eyebrows in the business. ;)

finnbow
03-22-2014, 04:33 PM
I just remembered that it was at Mac's (or right outside) that Herbie took out those two jarheads.

John

Old Mac's Pub. Crusty old place. We always had our Cellar Door pregame activities there.

Tom Joad
03-22-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I know, Pat! It has been around 45 since I've been to the Tombs!

John

As long as we're reminiscing, I saw the Shangri-las at the old Clearwater Florida Auditorium about 50 years ago when I was in High School.

Had a huge crush on Mary Weiss, their hot little blonde lead singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnb4CPt0ork

Pio1980
03-23-2014, 08:33 AM
My second ever job was as a waiter in a basement beer pub in DC, near Georgetown University. There was a proper restaurant on the main floor. A lot of the waiters and bus boys upstairs were gay and, since we all worked for the same boss, we got to know one another and often went bar-hopping together after work.

One night a couple of Quantico Marines decided to give Herbie a ration of shit for, you know, being a fag. That queen just kicked the living shit out of both of them!

After that, I never thought being anti-gay was a particularly good idea. :D

John

I met a gay active military guy in Atlanta one weekend bar-hopping. His 'thing' was to come to town on Saturday night and stumble around the gay district, looking like easy pickings for the carloads of kids that would come into town looking for gays to jump and stomp. His MA skills were more than sufficient to "make his day".

Pio1980
03-23-2014, 09:51 AM
And then there's this;http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2155&d=1395586273

Boreas
03-23-2014, 11:07 AM
And then there's this;http://www.politicalchat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2155&d=1395586273

Yeah, well see I got a problem with that too.;) There's a big beautiful black fig right outside my front door. I love just picking a fruit on my way in or out of the house when they're ripe. Deeeeelicious!

John

Boreas
03-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Mark 11:12-14

King James Version (KJV)

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:

13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

donquixote99
03-23-2014, 01:01 PM
That shows he hated a particular fig tree, that cruelly wasn't fruiting when he was hungry. Shows Jesus pissed and irrational. I am a bit surprised, didn't hear about this one in Sunday school, for some reason....

Boreas
03-23-2014, 01:07 PM
That shows he hated a particular fig tree, that cruelly wasn't fruiting when he was hungry. Shows Jesus pissed and irrational. I am a bit surprised, didn't hear about this one in Sunday school, for some reason....

Well, Jesus was only human after all. :D

John

Pio1980
03-24-2014, 09:09 AM
So the oft-quoted "God hates fags" statement is not true in the case of the Savior? He must be rolling in his tomb. Oh, wait---.

d-ray657
04-18-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm not a big fan of modern pop music, but this gal Lorde has some spunk. (http://www.refinery29.com/2014/03/64942/westboro-baptist-lorde-protest-backfires?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=adsales&utm_campaign=comuv&utm_content=Westboro-Baptist-Churchs-Protest-of-Lord)

Regards,

D-Ray

barbara
04-18-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of modern pop music, but this gal Lorde has some spunk. (http://www.refinery29.com/2014/03/64942/westboro-baptist-lorde-protest-backfires?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=adsales&utm_campaign=comuv&utm_content=Westboro-Baptist-Churchs-Protest-of-Lord)

Regards,

D-Ray

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

bobabode
04-18-2014, 10:56 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

Now that's a righteous bunch there with the patience of Job. :)

d-ray657
04-18-2014, 10:56 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

That song was inspired by Kansas City hall of fame third baseman George Brett. I'm sure that you wanted to know that. ;)

barbara
04-19-2014, 12:59 AM
That song was inspired by Kansas City hall of fame third baseman George Brett. I'm sure that you wanted to know that. ;)

I read that in a headline but didn't read the whole article. I don't know who he is and I don't know anything about her except they play this song on the radio in the mornings when I'm driving to work.

Now I'm curious... Gotta go google. 😀