PDA

View Full Version : Sandy G...In or Out ?

Sandy G
01-09-2010, 10:31 AM
It has come to my attention that I have angered a majority of the members of this Board with my comments. Not wishing to anger or infuriate anyone, I have decided to put it to a vote-If you feel that the interests of this board would be better served if I was gone, here's your chance, vote me out. In view of what's been said already, & furthermore, what I feel has been IMPLIED, I've about 75% made my mind up anyway...I just want confirmation of what I already know. DON'T say things like, "Stay, but quit saying things like "Hoosain Jug Ears", if you find this offensive, then by all means, give me the boot. I promise that I'll abide by the group's wishes. -Sandy

noonereal
01-09-2010, 10:58 AM
:eek: What are you nuts?

I am sort of the loony lib leader here (by default :D)
and I have never been offended by your posts. On any forum. On any pm......ect.

Hell, if you were local I'd even invite you over to practice your Uzi on the old truck I have rusting on the edge of the property.

Your going nowhere. :mad:

jwrags
01-09-2010, 11:00 AM
I have no problem with you Sandy. Stick around.

Best
John

Grumpy
01-09-2010, 11:08 AM
You better not even think of going anywhere bucko !

Charles
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Give 'em Hell, Harry!!!

Besides, when you were calling Boosch names nobody was complaining.

Chas

Boreas
01-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Hell no, don't go! Stick around. You make Jack seem almost sane. ;)

What, you been getting hate mail from lurkers? Heck with 'em!

Now, you know this wouldn't be me if I didn't get a little preachy so just let me say that I have to exercise a fair amount of self control to avoid, oh, I dunno, calling Limbaugh a pedophile drug addict or Beck a socipoathic magic underwear wearing crybaby or Bush a psychotic dry drunk frat boy.

But I would never allow myself to do that!. :)

That's 'cuz I know that sometimes the rhetoric sinks the message. Sandy, you often make very valid points but sometimes I have to read your posts a couple of times before I get it. For the first reading or two all I get is the Hoosain Jug Ears stuff and I miss the actual argument. It's usually worth the extra effort.

I hope this forum stays diverse and spirited with opposing views expressed with conviction but without contempt for other points of view or for the people who express them. I don't want to see the libs chase all the cons away or the cons chase all the libs away. If I want that I can go to the Daily Kos and you can go to Little Green Footballs. Oh, wait! He sold out to the libs. :D

Stick around!

John

BlueStreak
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM
But, that's what we're here for. To say outrageous things and piss each other off a little.
(And, maybe in the process, make each other stop and think a bit.........).

Don't go away, Bro.
I'll miss you.

Feel free to insult me all you want,
Dave

JJIII
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
We've got to have somebody here with a sense of humor. Keep on doing what you do so well.

Charles
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM
We've got to have somebody here with a sense of humor. Keep on doing what you do so well.

Yew Tennessee fellers sure stick together!!!!!!

Chas

Boreas
01-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Yew Tennessee fellers sure stick together!!!!!!

Chas

Yeah, makes me sick the way they're always braggin' on Al Gore.

John

Charles
01-09-2010, 12:59 PM

John

Owl Gore's the one THEY don't like!!!

Chas

merrylander
01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Leaving? That's the dumbest idea I have heard all day.

JJIII
01-09-2010, 02:36 PM

John

Al Gore may be from Tennessee but we don't claim him. :mad:

finnbow
01-09-2010, 02:53 PM
You leave, Sandy and I'll come down to Tennessee and kick your ass myself - and then I'll steal your guns. Don't get all introspective on us.

doucanoe
01-09-2010, 04:03 PM
It has come to my attention that I have angered a majority of the members of this Board with my comments.

You have only angered 86 members here? I think you have a ways to go before you top me :D

Besides, I think you need a super majority vote before you can leave.

RC

HatchetJack
01-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Sorry Sandy, you aint leaving. I'll send cousin Eddie to bring you back in his RV.

Grumpy
01-09-2010, 09:13 PM
You have only angered 86 members here? I think you have a ways to go before you top me :D

Besides, I think you need a super majority vote before you can leave.

RC

You can check out, but you can never leave !

doucanoe
01-09-2010, 09:31 PM
You can check out, but you can never leave !

"Just when I thought I was out..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Hotel California, Mafia, Political Chat, it's all the same

:D
RC

noonereal
01-09-2010, 09:38 PM
"Just when I thought I was out..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Hotel California, Mafia, Political Chat, it's all the same

RC

great post

i never knew Sandy looked like that :D

doucanoe
01-09-2010, 10:05 PM
great post

i never knew Sandy looked like that :D

Yup! Thats our Sandy :)

RC

Writewing
01-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Dont go, besides they seem to hate me even more

Boreas
01-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Dont go, besides they seem to hate me even more

What do you mean "even more"? That suggests some of us hate Sandy. That isn't even a little bit true.

Reading your posts I get the idea you think we're supposed to hate the people we disagree with or at least not like them. I think that's a pretty sad way to go through life.

We're a pretty good group here. We've got flaming liberals like Noone, ;) NRA conservatives like HatchetJack and everything in between. We all get along great and we all learn from each other. I for one want it to stay that way.

Frankly, I don't think you're off to a very good start here. I'd like to hope you'll take your cues from the rest of us and start being a tad less confrontational. If you can't manage that I hope you decide to move on.

This isn't personal. I just don't want the friendly atmosphere to change.

John

Writewing
01-10-2010, 01:02 AM
See Sandy I told ya lol........BTW love your email!

noonereal
01-10-2010, 05:30 AM
We've got flaming liberals like Noone, ;) NRA conservatives like HatchetJack and everything in between. We all get along great and we all learn from each other. I for one want it to stay that way.

The folks we have here are genuine. He is the first exception.

flaming liberal:

I can see why I am called this but I am still a registered republican, a war hawk (when a war is for defense) believe in universal service and only stopped voting republican at the top of the ticket when Bush took the party for himself and introduced stupid and religion as party virtues.

merrylander
01-10-2010, 07:43 AM
I for one, as a former member of the Conservative Party in Canada still resent Republicans being called conservatives. Conserve my arse, they have frittered away everything of value we had.

Oh and WW, I don't hate you, you really have to be somebody to earn my hatred.

Boreas
01-10-2010, 07:56 AM
The folks we have here are genuine. He is the first exception.

A real cartoon. I'm done with him.

flaming liberal:

I can see why I am called this but I am still a registered republican, a war hawk (when a war is for defense) believe in universal service and only stopped voting republican at the top of the ticket when Bush took the party for himself and introduced stupid and religion as party virtues.

No, I don't think you're a flaming liberal, Noone. That's why I used a smiley. There are darned few of us who can be pigeon holed into a nice neat political definition.

noonereal
01-10-2010, 08:07 AM
A real cartoon. I'm done with him.

I feel the same way but folks can change. (I guess that's the liberal in me ;))

No, I don't think you're a flaming liberal, Noone. That's why I used a smiley. There are darned few of us who can be pigeon holed into a nice neat political definition.

I know. I just needed to reflect on my own "growth" and the political changes that have taken place in our country.

Sandy G
01-10-2010, 08:28 AM
The only real "Flamers" I know of are Harvey Fierstein, & that little queen w/the Larry Fine haircut...He's a fitness freak, & prances around in "Daisy Dukes"-Oh, yeah, Richard Simmons. Shit, man, he's so bad, he ain't a "Flamer" he's on "Afterburner"... (grin) BTW, I spose I'll stay...This collective bunch of screwballs, knotheads, wahoos, & other assorted Yardbirds has gotten under my skin...I've just been going thru a tough time here lately-Call it mid-winter blues, male menopause, crisis of confidence, whatever, I've just been kinda low here lately. Your comments CERTAINLY did a lot to pick me up-You'll never know how much, & I'll not soon forget it. Now...I sure was glad to see that Dingy Harry, he who would benefit MIGHTILY by a goodly dosage of Prunes, is trailing BADLY in his re-election bid....And he committed the unpardonable sin of calling His Holiness a "Negro".... a "Hi-Yal..."...Erm..."Light-Skinned" one at that.....Mbwahahahahaha...

noonereal
01-10-2010, 08:35 AM
I have been waiting for this post.

:)

HatchetJack
01-10-2010, 08:51 AM
You lefties should take it easy on the new guys. They dont know you are
really just yankin their chain.

Boreas
01-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I have been waiting for this post.

:)

It reads like a misdirected PM. Is that what it is, Sandy?

John

Sandy G
01-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Nah, not really. Another thing, you CAN'T see the impish grin that's typically on my face when I dream this Chyte up... Seriously, though, & I REALLY mean this...I think I would prolly get along w/Barry quite well if you could ever get him out & away from being The President....Same w/ Der Schlickmeister, Bushitler, & the lot of 'em...Well, maybe not Tricky Dickie...I doubt if that anally-retentive bstrd EVER let loose...Feel sorry for 'em, too...Barry & Michelle CAN'T ever take the girls out, cruise the malls, just do "normal" stuff.. Some of the happiest times I ever had were w/Bethany & Shay, her half-sister, when I'd have 'em in Gatlinburg or somewhere, & they were seeing which one could clean my wallet out quicker..Just doin' goofy stuff like that. And if Barry & the girls took a joyride on Airforce One, & had the pilot do a barrel-roll, imagine the hue & cry over THAT one...Except for me. I'd understand perfectly. A daddy trying to show off a little for his girls. What's wrong w/that ?!?

Grumpy
01-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Your a wicked guy :)

piece-itpete
01-11-2010, 08:47 AM
"Stay, but quit saying things like "Hoosain Jug Ears",

Stay, but keep saying things like "Hoosain Jug Ears".

Pete

d-ray657
01-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Because I had been scarce for a little while, I hadn't seen this thread. Man what a collection of warm fuzzy feel good BS!

Sandy, I wish I were as creative as you and had your wit. Instead, I have sanctimonious prose, which is a professional affliction. Since you decided to stay without my input, I don't have to take any of the blame for some offensive thing you are sure to say:p

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
01-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Reading through this thread has made me a bit misty-eyed.
Damn, I love yins guys.............................................. ....

Aw, bullshit. Your all just a bunch of pathetic losers with nothin' better to do.

Dave

noonereal
01-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Aw, bullshit. Your all just a bunch of pathetic losers with nothin' better to do.

You called me out. :mad:

hillbilly
01-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Al Gore may be from Tennessee but we don't claim him. :mad:

And that, fokes, is the truth ;)

noonereal
01-13-2010, 11:54 AM
I Always thought the best three things from Tennessee were Al Gore, the music and the women of Nashville. (sexiest women in the country IMHO)

Boreas
01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I Always thought the best three things from Tennessee were Al Gore, the music and the women of Nashville. (sexiest women in the country IMHO)

Can't swing a dead cat in Nashville without hitting a really good player or a pretty woman.

John

rickr15
01-13-2010, 12:10 PM

I liked Nashville but you can keep Al gore.

Keep Sandy too.:D

noonereal
01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Can't swing a dead cat in Nashville without hitting a really good player or a pretty woman.

John

I remember the first business meeting I had in Nashville.

It was volunteered to me that Nashville had the sexiest women in the US.

I looked at the guy who told me like he was partially brain damaged.

It did not take long to see however, he was right.

Boreas
01-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I liked Nashville but you can keep Al gore.

I've often wondered whether the reason for the irrational right wing hatred of Al Gore has it's basis in plain old guilt. We sometimes assuage our feelings of guilt by demonizing the person (or race) that we've wronged.

There is no reasonable person in the world who fails to recognize that Bush was installed in office by a judicial coup d'etat. At some level right must feel some degree of guilt over what they did so what better way to make themselves feel less soiled than to villify the person (and the people) whom they robbed.

John

rickr15
01-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I've often wondered whether the reason for the irrational right wing hatred of Al Gore has it's basis in plain old guilt. We sometimes assuage our feelings of guilt by demonizing the person (or race) that we've wronged.

There is no reasonable person in the world who fails to recognize that Bush was installed in office by a judicial coup d'etat. At some level right must feel some degree of guilt over what they did so what better way to make themselves feel less soiled than to villify the person (and the people) whom they robbed.

John

The supreme court elected Bush no doubt. That still doesn't mean that I need to deitize Al Gore whose political agenda I disagree with.

Guilt has nothing to do with my opinions on Al Gore the fact I think He's an idiot does.
Except for the part where he invented the internet of course.

As far as people being robbed and people feeling guilty. You need to take that up with the Supreme Court, of which I am not a member BTW.

noonereal
01-13-2010, 12:32 PM

John

I remember that night very vividly.
I was watching the TV when the election was called for Gore. Bush was being interviewed live when the announcement was made that Fl was in and was for Gore. Bush looked right at the camera and said, "That's a mistake."
He then got up and left.
I turned to my significant other and said, "wow, the fix is in. Tomorrow Bush will be declared president elect"
Well it took the supreme court to appoint him but indeed the fix "was in" in FL.
It was pretty obvious yet few folks ever noticed that "tell."

noonereal
01-13-2010, 12:35 PM
I think He's an idiot does.

WHY?

I can list pages of reasons why Palin is but I can't think of any as to why AL is.
I disagree with Chaney but I know he's no fool for example.

What makes you say that about Al?

Sandy G
01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
I can't tell you much of anything about Nashville, I've never really spent any time there. Was only in Memphis once, in '93. Now East Tennessee, whaddya wanna know ? Memphis-and really Nashville, may as well be in different universes than NE Tennessee. They're river delta people, Democrats, flatlanders. We're hillbillies, Republicans-Rock-ribbed at that-and hill people. We have MUCH more in common w/people from Roanoke,VA, Lexington, KY, Asheville, NC, than we really do w/Nashville or Memphis. They regard us as violent, inbred savages, by & large, we look upon them as four-flushers & scalawags, hustlers. I DID go to an airshow at the Nashville airport in '72-There WERE a lot of babe-alicious types there...(grin)

piece-itpete
01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Using footage from 'The Day After Tomorrow' for his gloom and doom lecture comes to mind.

And let's not forget the crass and rude sighs at the debate, that wasn't one of our finest moments.

For you Bush was appointed guys, the AP did an in depth study of the Florida vote. It turned out that, if they would've used the rules Gore wanted, Bush would've won. If they would've used the rules Bush wanted, Gore would've won.

That has GOT to show something. What, I'm not sure.

Pete

noonereal
01-13-2010, 12:51 PM

Pete

yes, "what I am not sure."

Boreas
01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by rickr15
Guilt has nothing to do with my opinions on Al Gore the fact I think He's an idiot does.

WHY?

See, that's what I mean, Ed. There is absolutely no basis for concluding that Al Gore is "an idiot". No matter what else you may think about him, he is a very smart man. His detractors throw any handful of shite they can find against the wall hoping some of it sticks or that the proles won't notice when it doesn't.

Remember all the dumb stuff Dan Quayle used to say? Well, during the 2000 campaign some Republican dirty trickster decided to dredge all of that stuff up and then spread it all over the internet. The only difference was he claimed that Al Gore had said all of it, not Quayle.

It worked. Just like Fox viewers believing that Saddam was behind 9/11. The idea is if it makes the guy you're against look bad then it must be true, right?

John

Boreas
01-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Using footage from 'The Day After Tomorrow' for his gloom and doom lecture comes to mind.

That's just pointless bitching. What the heck is wrong with using a little theater to tell your story?

And let's not forget the crass and rude sighs at the debate, that wasn't one of our finest moments.

No, it wasn't but it doesn't make him unfit for office or the sort of bogey man the right tries to make him.

For you Bush was appointed guys, the AP did an in depth study of the Florida vote. It turned out that, if they would've used the rules Gore wanted, Bush would've won. If they would've used the rules Bush wanted, Gore would've won.

Not that he wasn't appointed. He definitely was.

Both candidates requested the method that they believed held an advantage for them. The fact that they may have guessed wrong doesn't really matter.

Here's what matters: if they had recounted the whole state Gore would have won.

John

noonereal
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
It worked. Just like Fox viewers believing that Saddam was behind 9/11. The idea is if it makes the guy you're against look bad then it must be true, right?

The amazing part to me is that these same folks were happy to vote for the lovely Sarah in spite of her believing that Saddam was behind 9/11.
Never mind the witch craft, the cave man dinosaur thing, the Africa is a country stuff.........

noonereal
01-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Both candidates requested the method that they believed held an advantage for them. The fact that they may have guessed wrong doesn't really matter.

Here's what matters: if they had recounted the whole state Gore would have won.

John

No matter how it was counted Bush would have won.

Al had no brother controlling things down there in FL.

d-ray657
01-13-2010, 01:10 PM
If the voters' selection in the 2000 presidential election had been inaugurated, where would Joe Lieberman be today?

Regards,

D-Ray

rickr15
01-13-2010, 01:17 PM
WHY?

I can list pages of reasons why Palin is but I can't think of any as to why AL is.
I disagree with Chaney but I know he's no fool for example.

What makes you say that about Al?

Maybe idiot is a little harsh.

Mostly his totalitarian "green" stand. If he was elected and acted on his agenda the few factories left here would be forced to pack up and move to where the legislation allowed them to operate. If he would have softened his stance he probably would have been elected. Maybe good character but bad politics.

BTW you will never see me defend Palin either. I've heard her speak.

And we agree on Cheney he is fool. Evil maybe, but definitely not stupid.

piece-itpete
01-13-2010, 01:26 PM
When I was young I had the pleasure of helping my neighbor run for mayor n the midsized city I grew up in (about 30K residents).

It was close. One recount 3 or 4 votes one way, next recount the same but the other way.

6 times. 6 recounts.

Get this - no lawsuit. They flipped a coin. My guy lost.

Get this - no recrimination. The only time it was brought up was in 'wow that was amazing'.

I bet it was statistically more than the votes that won or lost FL.

Pete

noonereal
01-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Maybe idiot is a little harsh.

Mostly his totalitarian "green" stand. If he was elected and acted on his agenda the few factories left here would be forced to pack up and move to where the legislation allowed them to operate. If he would have softened his stance he probably would have been elected. Maybe good character but bad politics.

BTW you will never see me defend Palin either. I've heard her speak.

And we agree on Cheney he is fool. Evil maybe, but definitely not stupid.

Thanks for the clarification. I am not a green fanatic at all. That being said I do believe we need to take steps to correct the ill effects of pollutants in prudent manner that balances economics.

Boreas
01-13-2010, 01:34 PM
If the voters' selection in the 2000 presidential election had been inaugurated, where would Joe Lieberman be today?

Regards,

D-Ray

I know. That has always given me the willies. The thing is Lieberman was a pretty cynical choice that Gore had pushed on him by his campaign staff. Lieberman brought conservative credentials with him which might counter "left wing" accusations but most important was Lieberman represented a tacit condemnation of Clinton's sexual philandering because he was virtually alone among Democrats in condemning him for it.

John

rickr15
01-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I am not a green fanatic at all. That being said I do believe we need to take steps to correct the ill effects of pollutants in prudent manner that balances economics.

Agreed but it has to be implemented in such a way that our industry can compete with cheap offshore goods manufactured under no such constraints.

noonereal
01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Agreed but it has to be implemented in such a way that our industry can compete with cheap offshore goods manufactured under no such constraints.

Yes and no.

We were among th world polluters to begin with so we need to be among the first to clean things up. We enjoyed quite a rise in standard of living as a result that others want now.

Boreas
01-13-2010, 01:43 PM

That's one of the reasons why binding international agreements are so essential.

John

Charles
01-13-2010, 02:05 PM

John

You're pullin' my chain, right?

If this is your honest evaluation of why people don't like Al Gore, then you truly don't understand people.

Allow me to advance the notion that people who dislike Al Gore feel that way because of Al Gore. They think that he is a fraud, and least I do, along with everyone else I know of who dislikes Al Gore. And be assured, none of us are on a guilt trip because Boosch stole the election.

Actually, we're somewhat irritated that after three recounts, people are still bitching about how Boosch was annotated by the courts. Gore lost. Franken won in a similar manner. It's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now perhaps we're all so stupid that we tie our shoelaces together, and would be unable to carry a political discussion beyond "Duh" if we hadn't tuned into Glenn Beck to get our talking points, but I don't find this to be the case.

We fundamentally disagree with you on a number of issues. And, by and large, the majority of us are capable of rational thought.

We've just come to a different conclusion.

Chas

PS: Political discussions are so polarizing. Let's talk about something important, like hot wimmen down in Nashville!!!

noonereal
01-13-2010, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=Charles;14971]

people are still bitching about how Boosch was annotated by the courts. Gore lost. Franken won in a similar manner. It's the way the cookie crumbles.

QUOTE]

This is just not the case.

sorry

noonereal
01-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Here ya go chas

at your request

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen_dyrgas/sets/72157602399676812/

Charles
01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Here ya go chas

at your request

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephen_dyrgas/sets/72157602399676812/

You're so cruel.

Good to see you're feeling better. I might just have a snort in your honor.

Chas

Boreas
01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
You're pullin' my chain, right?

If this is your honest evaluation of why people don't like Al Gore, then you truly don't understand people.

Allow me to advance the notion that people who dislike Al Gore feel that way because of Al Gore. They think that he is a fraud, and least I do, along with everyone else I know of who dislikes Al Gore. And be assured, none of us are on a guilt trip because Boosch stole the election.

Actually, we're somewhat irritated that after three recounts, people are still bitching about how Boosch was annotated by the courts. Gore lost. Franken won in a similar manner. It's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now perhaps we're all so stupid that we tie our shoelaces together, and would be unable to carry a political discussion beyond "Duh" if we hadn't tuned into Glenn Beck to get our talking points, but I don't find this to be the case.

We fundamentally disagree with you on a number of issues. And, by and large, the majority of us are capable of rational thought.

We've just come to a different conclusion.

Chas

PS: Political discussions are so polarizing. Let's talk about something important, like hot wimmen down in Nashville!!!

Chas, I don't think everyone who hates Gore harbors guilt feelings about the election but I really do think some do. He was robbed. There's no question of that. Some people just have to find a rationale for supporting a president they voted for but whom they recognize in their heart of hearts to be illegitimate.

When you say that Gore is a fraud I assume that's because you believe he is insincere in his assertions about climate change. Is that so? Would you like to explain how you arrived at that conclusion?

Now, Minnesota. In that election the state was allowed to do its job in determining the outcome without interference. In Bush V Gore the Supreme court intervened to stop the recount and then decided that the delay which they had imposed meant that resuming the recount would cause irreparable harm to Bush. They went on to say that the decision in Bush v Gore was a one-time-only decision. It could not be cited as precedent in any future case.

Nobody is questioning your intelligence, Chas, but because you are intelligent you have to recognize that one reason we reach different conclusions is that we consider different information.

John

Charles
01-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Chas, I don't think everyone who hates Gore harbors guilt feelings about the election but I really do think some do. He was robbed. There's no question of that. Some people just have to find a rationale for supporting a president they voted for but whom they recognize in their heart of hearts to be illegitimate.

When you say that Gore is a fraud I assume that's because you believe he is insincere in his assertions about climate change. Is that so? Would you like to explain how you arrived at that conclusion?

Now, Minnesota. In that election the state was allowed to do its job in determining the outcome without interference. In Bush V Gore the Supreme court intervened to stop the recount and then decided that the delay which they had imposed meant that resuming the recount would cause irreparable harm to Bush. They went on to say that the decision in Bush v Gore was a one-time-only decision. It could not be cited as precedent in any future case.

Nobody is questioning your intelligence, Chas, but because you are intelligent you have to recognize that one reason we reach different conclusions is that we consider different information.

John

There is no doubt that we do evaluate different information.

As to Gore. Perhaps he does believe in Global warming. But he has also come out and said that it's not so much about global warming, but more about controlling people's behavior. I started a thread on this, complete with a link, several months ago. It's buried in here somewhere, you can search for it if you wish, or simply take me at my word. I try to post factual information, unless I'm talking about hot wimmen or peeking in people's windows.

Another problem I have with Gore is that he has positioned himself to make a great amount of money on trading carbon credits. I tend to distrust anyone who uses the Chicken Little approach to advance a cause which has a direct effect on their pocketbook.

But most of all, if he TRULY believed that the end is near, he could dump the energy hog house, the 2,000 sq' houseboat with "bio diesel powerplants", the private jets and the lemo's, etc. A more Gandhi like approach would go a long way to establishing his credibility.

All in all, I view him as no more than a Pat Robertson, only huckstering a different sort of God. Personally, I see him as worse. Robertson basically wants to screw the faithful and live like a King on their dime. Gore wishes to force all of us to his alter, and use the power of Government to live like a King on our dime.

Just my humble opinion.

Chas

noonereal
01-13-2010, 04:07 PM
You're so cruel.

Good to see you're feeling better. I might just have a snort in your honor.

Chas

It's now 11 months since I have been able to. :(

But my goal is to be able to again, one day.

Charles
01-13-2010, 05:46 PM
It's now 11 months since I have been able to. :(

But my goal is to be able to again, one day.

Is the fence painted?

Chas

noonereal
01-13-2010, 05:52 PM
no it's not :(

Charles
01-13-2010, 07:38 PM
no it's not :(

Always thought that was one of the upsides of taking the pledge.

I used to wax my car when I was on the wagon.

Chas

noonereal
01-13-2010, 07:44 PM
i never liked a shinny car :p

merrylander
01-14-2010, 08:28 AM
BTW, it is somewhere on the 'net, Snopes maybe, but Gore never said that he invented the internet, Goebbels would be proud of the RNC.

Boreas
01-14-2010, 10:08 AM
BTW, it is somewhere on the 'net, Snopes maybe, but Gore never said that he invented the internet, Goebbels would be proud of the RNC.

Snopes is one place you can find it but it doesn't matter. The righties and deniers won't look or won't believe it if they do. Hating Al Gore has taken on the less salutary aspects of a religion.

John

merrylander
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Snopes is one place you can find it but it doesn't matter. The righties and deniers won't look or won't believe it if they do. Hating Al Gore has taken on the less salutary aspects of a religion.

John

Most likely, but they really need to realize that the Republicans do not rule by divine right, maybe we need an American version of the Magna Carta.:rolleyes:

Actually of some of the ones that did; Vint Cerf, Larry Roberts, Bob Metcalfe, Leonard Kleinrock is the only one that I never met personally.