PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter

Wasillaguy
04-21-2014, 12:40 PM
I hope everyone had a great time with their families yesterday.
Observing my little grand babies pestering each other yesterday and recalling all my siblings and I pulled growing up, I was very thankful Jesus died for their sins.

piece-itpete
04-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Amen brother.

Mine was good, but there were only sauerkraut perogies. So I take that back, it was a disaster :D

Pete

BlueStreak
04-21-2014, 12:44 PM
It was alright.

Dave

finnbow
04-21-2014, 12:46 PM
I still taste garlic. Yum.

Wasillaguy
04-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Prime rib, baked broccoli, and my wife's excellent potato salad.
My only complaint is the new jar of horseradish has no heat. That will never do.

MrPots
04-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Way hung over. Carryout chicken and BR choco chip ice cream on the sofa was all I could manage. (but I had an excellent party the night before :))

Tom Joad
04-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Amen brother.

Mine was good, but there were only sauerkraut perogies. So I take that back, it was a disaster :D

Pete

Perogies!

I'd forgotten all about them.

I haven't had perogies since I was a kid and my mother used to make them because my old man was a Polack.

You a Polack Pete?

As I remember they had meat in them and they were fried up real greasy like in a skillet. Damn good eatin as I recall.

piece-itpete
04-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Apparently there's a little Polack in the background. But in spite of growing up in an area of quite a few Poles I'd never had a perogie until I met my SO. Her mother makes them small and boils them, with usually sauerkraut or potato and cheese stuffing. Perhaps because she's German, I don't know, but the potato ones are very good. The local Polish restaurant 'Babuska's Kitchen' makes them large and fries them which I believe is more traditional, with a large choice of filling.

Check it out, it's awesome :) The Hunters Feast is the BEST!

http://media.wix.com/ugd/d5dffb_0851740c6f556012045a1990747f4ce1.pdf

They do ship :o Or if you ever come to Cleveland (for some strange reason :headscratch: ) it's on me.

Pete

Dondilion
04-21-2014, 01:57 PM
A peaceful time! Played a lot of jazz, especial jazz from the fifties.

Ate fish - snappers - escovitched.

Resolved that that next year I will walk across the Brooklyn Bridge with the Catholics.

JJIII
04-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Apparently there's a little Polack in the background. But in spite of growing up in an area of quite a few Poles I'd never had a perogie until I met my SO. Her mother makes them small and boils them, with usually sauerkraut or potato and cheese stuffing. Perhaps because she's German, I don't know, but the potato ones are very good. The local Polish restaurant 'Babuska's Kitchen' makes them large and fries them which I believe is more traditional, with a large choice of filling.

Check it out, it's awesome :) The Hunters Feast is the BEST!

http://media.wix.com/ugd/d5dffb_0851740c6f556012045a1990747f4ce1.pdf

They do ship :o Or if you ever come to Cleveland (for some strange reason :headscratch: ) it's on me.

Pete

The menu has my belly calling for a road trip!:D

bobabode
04-21-2014, 02:27 PM

Resolved that that next year I will walk across the Brooklyn Bridge with the Catholics.

Was there ackee and fried plantain? :)

merrylander
04-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Amen brother.

Pete

Best perogiies I ever had were at a Polish restaurant in Tel Aviv. Did some comsulting/advising for a guy who had been at my lecture. He wanted to pay me so I said buy me dinner. Then he drove me to the airport.:)

merrylander
04-21-2014, 02:59 PM

Ha I had an invitation to attend Mass from the good Sisters but we have given up flyingg.