PDA

View Full Version : Godfather in Chief?

Writewing
01-14-2010, 04:14 PM
This new propsed Bank Tax or redistribution of wealth is becoming laughable and is starting to look like Obama has a Mafia way of doing business. First he forces some Banks to take money they didnt ask for and said the didnt want.
Some banks like Branch Bank and Trust refused the money only to be threatened with audit..............sorta like how the Mob would charge for "Protection".
Then the rules keep changing in the middle of the game, after the money was paid back in full with interest Obama said "NOW we will tell you what you can pay your team".....not long after that "We can NOW tell you what you can do with your investments" then attempting to control what they pay for bonus money.
Now the "Don" and his band of thigs think they have the right to take money from Banks to give it to the bailed out auto makers aswell as Freddie and Fannie. The proposal is to raise or steal $90 Billion over 10 years.
Where does the arrogance of Obama and his Capo's end? This isnt Constitutional and he knows it.
What we as a country are left with is only to hope reason still is in supply at our Supreme Court because it left our Godfather....errrr....President long ago.
This is no different than Mob Loan Sharking and if anyone else did this it would be folded into a RICO case, Tony Soprano would be proud.

Boreas
01-14-2010, 04:34 PM
This new propsed Bank Tax or redistribution of wealth is becoming laughable and is starting to look like Obama has a Mafia way of doing business. First he forces some Banks to take money they didnt ask for and said the didnt want.
Some banks like Branch Bank and Trust refused the money only to be threatened with audit..............sorta like how the Mob would charge for "Protection".
Then the rules keep changing in the middle of the game, after the money was paid back in full with interest Obama said "NOW we will tell you what you can pay your team".....not long after that "We can NOW tell you what you can do with your investments" then attempting to control what they pay for bonus money.
Now the "Don" and his band of thigs think they have the right to take money from Banks to give it to the bailed out auto makers aswell as Freddie and Fannie. The proposal is to raise or steal $90 Billion over 10 years.
Where does the arrogance of Obama and his Capo's end? This isnt Constitutional and he knows it.
What we as a country are left with is only to hope reason still is in supply at our Supreme Court because it left our Godfather....errrr....President long ago.
This is no different than Mob Loan Sharking and if anyone else did this it would be folded into a RICO case, Tony Soprano would be proud.

You do realize this is all bullshit, don't you? You've combined blaming Obama for some of the things Bush did with grotesque misrepresentations of fact.

For instance, the money you claim Obama wants to "take from the banks" is money which was allocated under the stimulus but never distributed. Since the banks say they don't need it and in fact have paid back a large portion of the money they did receive, Congress and the Administration are looking at other ways to spend the money to help rebuild our economy.

Also, it was Bush who insisted that banks take stimulus funds even if they said they didn't want them. This was to conceal the identities of the banks that were in real trouble by loaning funds to all of them, regardless of need.

I could go on. There's not a single honest statement in your entire post but I'll stop here.

d-ray657
01-14-2010, 05:17 PM

I don't Care

finnbow
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
So did any of you catch the testimony of the bank bosses who inferred that the bank collapse was an act of God as opposed to being the result of their own greed and incompetence.

Sandy G
01-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Obama as a Wiseguy ?!? Oh, Prunella...Guido Sarducci, maybe. Tony Soprano, no way...

Writewing
01-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Your right Sandy, Obama would have been whacked long ago, but both their names no end in a vowel.
I love how folks keep going back to Bush as if the past is an excuse for further stupidity.

Charles
01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Obama as a Wiseguy ?!? Oh, Prunella...Guido Sarducci, maybe. Tony Soprano, no way...

Michelle, maybe...she has the look in her eye.

Obama is just trying to regain some political capital by tapping into the current populist distaste for banks.

Politics as usual...and it's election year again!!!!

Chas

Boreas
01-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Obama is just trying to regain some political capital by tapping into the current populist distaste for banks.

Chas

There's always that. It's politics after all but don't you think Obama feels some genuine anger at the high handed behavior of these bankers? I do.

John

Writewing
01-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Michelle, maybe...she has the look in her eye.

Chas

"Politics as usual"..............Change we can believe in!

Boreas
01-14-2010, 06:55 PM

Please leave.

Writewing
01-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Please leave.

Please stop your arrogance

d-ray657
01-14-2010, 07:05 PM

I don't care.

Fast_Eddie
01-14-2010, 08:35 PM

Agreed. It's how our system works. You don't play the game, you don't get elected. It's fucked up, but as the old saying goes, it's the worst system on earth except for all the others.

noonereal
01-14-2010, 09:05 PM
You do realize this is all bullshit, don't you? .

I'll bet dollars to donuts he does not.

noonereal
01-14-2010, 09:09 PM
So did any of you catch the testimony of the bank bosses who inferred that the bank collapse was an act of God as opposed to being the result of their own greed and incompetence.

Calling it the result of greed and incompetence is a charitable appraisal.
They should send an army of special prosecutors to review exactly who did what.

And yes I herd a few of them answer questions and frankly they should have been bitch slapped.

noonereal
01-14-2010, 09:11 PM

Do you wear saddle shoes when you post like this?

Writewing
01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Do you wear saddle shoes when you post like this?

Thats the best you can do?.

noonereal
01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Thats the best you can do?.

It's a very witty line.

;)

Writewing
01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
It's a very witty line.

;)

If you say so:D

noonereal
01-14-2010, 09:40 PM
If you say so:D

I just did.

d-ray657
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
So what we were talking about was that the President has proposed a plan to hold financially accountable those institutions and individuals who have made a killing by playing around with other people's money. Sounds reasonable to me.

Regards,

D-Ray

Writewing
01-14-2010, 10:15 PM
So what we were talking about was that the President has proposed a plan to hold financially accountable those institutions and individuals who have made a killing by playing around with other people's money. Sounds reasonable to me.

Regards,

D-Ray

I thought you didnt care?