PDA

View Full Version : Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

whell
05-09-2014, 11:48 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/07/hillary-s-state-department-refused-to-brand-boko-haram-as-terrorists.html

Under Hillary Clinton, the State Department repeatedly declined to fully go after the terror group responsible for kidnapping hundreds of girls.

And...

What Clinton didn’t mention was that her own State Department refused to place Boko Haram on the list of foreign terrorist organizations in 2011, after the group bombed the U.N. headquarters in Abuja. The refusal came despite the urging of the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and over a dozen senators and congressmen.

“The one thing she could have done, the one tool she had at her disposal, she didn’t use. And nobody can say she wasn’t urged to do it. It’s gross hypocrisy,” said a former senior U.S. official who was involved in the debate. “The FBI, the CIA, and the Justice Department really wanted Boko Haram designated, they wanted the authorities that would provide to go after them, and they voiced that repeatedly to elected officials.”

Hillary's - and apparently the Obamas' - weapon of choice against this terrorist group is apparently a Twitter hash tag. :rolleyes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnD8vbnCUAAFdTA.jpg

bobabode
05-09-2014, 11:53 AM
You're sounding like Reince Priebus' errand boy Whell. :rolleyes:

donquixote99
05-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Do you know why anyone argued against the designation in 2011?
Might it be that there would have undesirable legal drawbacks regarding our relations with Nigeria?
Were they so designatied in 2012, or 2013?

Unless you can show that the reasons against designation were somehow reprehensible, you're just repeating a hit piece, with no real substance.

whell
05-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Do you know why anyone argued against the designation in 2011?
Might it be that there would have undesirable legal drawbacks regarding our relations with Nigeria?
Were they so designatied in 2012, or 2013?

Unless you can show that the reasons against designation were somehow reprehensible, you're just repeating a hit piece, with no real substance.

Try this (particularly starting on page 23): http://www.scribd.com/doc/74286783/Homeland-Security-Committee-Report-Boko-Haram-Emerging-Threat-to-the-U-S-Homeland?secret_password=1sq5dweo8gt9mkb9t5fj

Also, from the article:

In May 2012, then-Justice Department official Lisa Monaco (now at the White House) wrote to the State Department to urge Clinton to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization. The following month, Gen. Carter Ham, the chief of U.S. Africa Command, said that Boko Haram “are likely sharing funds, training, and explosive materials” with al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. And yet, Hillary Clinton’s State Department still declined to place Boko Haram on its official terrorist roster.

Secretary of State John Kerry eventually added Boko Haram and its splinter group Ansaru to the list of foreign terrorist organizations in November 2013, following a spate of church bombings and other acts that demonstrated the group’s escalating abilities to wreak havoc.

icenine
05-09-2014, 02:09 PM
What's wrong Whell the ACA not working for you anymore?

mpholland
05-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Hillary's State Department Refused to Brand Boko Haram as Terrorists

So what?

BlueStreak
05-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Who gives a shit? Screw the Republican Party.

I'd put David Berkowitz in the Whitehouse before I'd vote for anymore Republicans. He's probably just a hair less crazy than the lot of them.

Dave

MrPots
05-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I keep reading Procol Harum is a terrorist group......

mpholland
05-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I keep reading Procol Harum is a terrorist group......

...and they are taking over PC. I just saw a reference to Robin Trower in another thread.

MrPots
05-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Uh oh...... a whiter shade of pale is a coming....

Tom Joad
05-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Uh oh...... a whiter shade of pale is a coming....

Happy to oblige. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtzRRwfOXus

donquixote99
05-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Try this (particularly starting on page 23): http://www.scribd.com/doc/74286783/Homeland-Security-Committee-Report-Boko-Haram-Emerging-Threat-to-the-U-S-Homeland?secret_password=1sq5dweo8gt9mkb9t5fj

Also, from the article:

In May 2012, then-Justice Department official Lisa Monaco (now at the White House) wrote to the State Department to urge Clinton to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization. The following month, Gen. Carter Ham, the chief of U.S. Africa Command, said that Boko Haram “are likely sharing funds, training, and explosive materials” with al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. And yet, Hillary Clinton’s State Department still declined to place Boko Haram on its official terrorist roster.

Secretary of State John Kerry eventually added Boko Haram and its splinter group Ansaru to the list of foreign terrorist organizations in November 2013, following a spate of church bombings and other acts that demonstrated the group’s escalating abilities to wreak havoc.

Well, there's one answer to one question I asked. They were designated as terrorists in 2013.

Nothing about what the resons may have been for not designating in 2011 or 2012. Perhaps they were awful reasons, perhaps very good reasons. Or perhaps it's all a grey muddle. But we have to have their side of the story, before we can judge.

You're implying that the Administration did something terrible by not designating these guys, but you have not come close to actually making that case.

4-2-7
05-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Funny they did not care about the burning of 59 boys alive three months back.

I proclaim theirs a war on boys.

bobabode
05-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Two years ago the administration named the three top leaders of this group as terrorists. I guess this doesn't fit into the false narrative that this administration is soft on terror, nevermind that Osama Bin Laden still sleeps with the fishes.

What we are seeing is the rightwing echo chamber troika of Faux News, Rush Limpballs and the other sickos in rightwing media employing a tactic of using 20/20 hindsight to smear the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.

Pio1980
05-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Two years ago the administration named the three top leaders of this group as terrorists. I guess this doesn't fit into the false narrative that this administration is soft on terror, nevermind that Osama Bin Laden still sleeps with the fishes.

What we are seeing is the rightwing echo chamber troika of Faux News, Rush Limpballs and the other sickos in rightwing media employing a tactic of using 20/20 hindsight to smear the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.

Excrement in Fraudcasting.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4-2-7
05-09-2014, 07:36 PM

Can we please see some factual links, otherwise it's just a rant.

4-2-7
05-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Excrement in Fraudcasting.

That sounds messy Steve.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6g_P0KNEj8E_VOA0u2PO7Yge1L81ZG OtUAcsDk2hqOi1vZJBdAQ

Pio1980
05-09-2014, 07:48 PM
That sounds messy Steve.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6g_P0KNEj8E_VOA0u2PO7Yge1L81ZG OtUAcsDk2hqOi1vZJBdAQ

Great moments in bungled paperwork, don't wanna know details.

bobabode
05-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Can we please see some factual links, otherwise it's just a rant.

Do your own homework dipshit. :rolleyes:

4-2-7
05-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Do your own homework dipshit. :rolleyes:

Ok you lied.

Rajoo
05-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Hey DipshitDooDan, go take a dump in your paperless toilet.