PDA

View Full Version : Has Danny Glover lost his mind?

Writewing
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Danny Glover says the tragic events in Haiti are a cause of Global Warming!
It is a good thing the G.W. crowd has such a articulate and educated spokesman, who would have thought those alleged few degrees could somehow seep miles below our Earths crust and cause a Earthquake?
Enjoy in all its lunatic glory!!
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/pact_with_gaia/

stereocuuple
01-15-2010, 08:43 PM
this is the best reason to ignore the hollywood crowd look what they did influencing our elections what a fucking mess. the guy is an actor not a scientest or a leader he should keep his stupid mouth shut

finnbow
01-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Unlike the rightwing nutcases (Limbaugh, Bob Jones, Robertson, et al.), at least the Democrats don't kowtow (as much) to their own nutcases. The way GOP politicians grovel before the likes of Limbaugh and Co. is truly frightening. The Democrats are more inclined to ignore the acknowledged wackjobs, rather than cosy up to them.

Danny Glover says the tragic events in Haiti are a cause of Global Warming!
It is a good thing the G.W. crowd has such a articulate and educated spokesman, who would have thought those alleged few degrees could somehow seep miles below our Earths crust and cause a Earthquake?
Enjoy in all its lunatic glory!!
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/pact_with_gaia/

Boreas
01-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Danny Glover is an earnest but unsophisticated street kid from Oakland. As such he tends to get a little out of his depth from time to time. I like him. His heart is in the right place but he goes off track from time to time.

In listening to that video a possible explanation for what he was saying occurred to me. I don't insist that it's true but it may be.

Danny said that "... the threat of what happened in Haiti is a threat that can happen anywhere in the Caribbean.......... they're all in peril because of global warming. They're all in peril because of climate change....."

It's possible, and I think probable, that he was speaking not of earthquakes specifically but of natural disasters generally which are indeed becoming more numerous and more severe in the region as a result of climate change.

John

d-ray657
01-15-2010, 09:14 PM
I thought global warming had been going on for years and years, not just a few days. So I guess it doesn't make sense that the earthquake in Haiti caused global warming.

Now if there was a suggestion that the earthquake was an effect of global warming, I would probably want to see the scientific basis for such an assertion before accepting it. I will agree, however, that it is downright crazy to think that the earthquake caused global warming.

Regards,

D-Ray

Writewing
01-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Maybe next time Danny and Hugo Chavez sit down for a beer he could clarify his comments.

stereocuuple
01-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Maybe next time Danny and Hugo Chavez sit down for a beer he could clarify his comments.

amen +1

BlueStreak
01-16-2010, 02:30 AM
Danny Glover is an idiot. Why anyone pays any attention to him is beyond me.

To restate my position on global warming;

Global warming is real. Just because we had a cold snap earlier this week is not conclusive evidence that the whole thing is a hoax. There are other things going on that present some pretty hard evidence that the climate is changing.

However. I personally believe this to be to the larger extent a natural phenominon. Man has had some effect, and can help the situaution a little, but we will not stop it no matter what we do. It is much larger than we are, and we are foolish to think we are going to "Save the Planet". When it comes time for nature to freeze or fry us, we are as good as dead and that's it. Al Gore will not save us.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must shower. 10 hours in the coffee plant has left me smelling like a goat. A goat that drinks way too much coffee.

Dave

merrylander
01-16-2010, 07:46 AM
I will suggest one simple method of standing by your belief that global warming is a hoax, move to the Seychell Islands. just take a sea worthy life raft with you.:D

Haiti happens to lie along a fault line where the northern tectonic plate is moving in one direction (eastward if memory serves), and the southern plate is moving in the opposite direction. Earthquakes happen.

BlueStreak
01-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I just thought of something.

How big is the homosexual population of Haiti?

Dave

HatchetJack
01-16-2010, 11:17 AM
I will suggest one simple method of standing by your belief that global warming is a hoax, move to the Seychell Islands. just take a sea worthy life raft with you.:D

Haiti happens to lie along a fault line where the northern tectonic plate is moving in one direction (eastward if memory serves), and the southern plate is moving in the opposite direction. Earthquakes happen.

Ok so land can rise, sink and shake in one place and it's normal but another
and it's my fault. Yeah right

Grumpy
01-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Global warming argument aside. So you think we have enough oil to last forever ? Do you care about what we leave those that come after us ?

d-ray657
01-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Global warming argument aside. So you think we have enough oil to last forever ? Do you care about what we leave those that come after us ?

Grumpy, you'd better be careful. You're starting to sound like a tree-hugger.:rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

Grumpy
01-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I will remember that next time im filling up the Chevelle with race gas :)

BlueStreak
01-16-2010, 12:40 PM

No I don't, and yes I do.

On point one; This is why I think, that so long as there is oil to be sucked out of the ground elsewhere, we would be idiots to drill here. We should suck their reserves dry, and I mean to last drop, whilst advancing research into alternative fuel and energy sources. When theirs runs out, we would have plenty, and maybe even have our consumption down so it would last even longer. Being the last country on earth with large petroleum reserves would be of immense economic benefit to future generations.:)

"Drill Baby, drill!!" is the mantra of the short-sighted and reactionary, IMHO.

On point two; Well, I think I've already covered that.

Dave

merrylander
01-16-2010, 02:50 PM
The Seychelles are not sinking, the oceans are rising.

d-ray657
01-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Ok so land can rise, sink and shake in one place and it's normal but another
and it's my fault. Yeah right

Pun intended, right?

Regards,

D-Ray