PDA

View Full Version : China Bans Windows 8

whell
05-20-2014, 02:34 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/20/us-microsoft-china-idUSBREA4J07Q20140520

(Reuters) - China has banned government use of Windows 8, Microsoft Corp's latest operating system, a blow to a U.S. technology company that has long struggled with sales in the country.

The official Xinhua news agency said the ban was to ensure computer security after Microsoft ended support for its Windows XP operating system, which was widely used in China.

This apparently pre-dates the Justice department's action against China over hacking and tech theft. However, it does suggest a pretty big crack in the dam that could benefit open source operating systems like Linux.

Dondilion
05-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Or maybe China wants to promote something of its own.

BTW Putin is due in China today.

Apart from oil contract they want to find ways to avoid Americana. e.g. Visa, MasterCard.

piece-itpete
05-20-2014, 02:48 PM
My first thought too.

Pete

Oerets
05-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Might just be 8 was to tough for them to crack. Or we had something in it to track the end user?

Barney

BlueStreak
05-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Good for them. I hate Windows 8. We should ban it too.

Dave

Dondilion
05-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Might just be 8 was to tough for them to crack. Or we had something in it to track the end user?

Barney

Some people claim windows 8 is a spying tool.

Anyway the Chinese were woefully underpaying Microsoft in terms of fee.

donquixote99
05-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Windows 8's a clunk because every other Windows release is always a clunk.

4-2-7
05-20-2014, 07:57 PM
You know Whell this president is creating so many Power Vacuum's & Enemies world wide all the while slapping allies in the face.

At home he is dividing the country and ginning up racial tensions. Using government power to suppress the masses. He lies about everything right to our faces.

It's looking more obvious to me he want's a civil war or a world war. At that point he would suspend any elections shut down congress and be a dictator. King fuckin Obama.

4-2-7
05-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Or maybe China wants to promote something of its own.

BTW Putin is due in China today.

Apart from oil contract they want to find ways to avoid Americana. e.g. Visa, MasterCard.

These countries are already dealing out of World Reserve currency. I hope your all ready for that outcome.

BlueStreak
05-20-2014, 08:07 PM
So, China banning Windows 8, a suck ass piece of shit operating system, is all Obamas fault and evidence that he is trying to provoke civil war?

And, I thought I was a crazy bastard. I got nothing on you................

Dave

BlueStreak
05-20-2014, 08:09 PM
You're rapidly approaching Pat Sayjak territory..........

Dave

one1
05-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Good for them. I hate Windows 8. We should ban it too.

Dave

Dave I love My 8.1 it works excellent,at first it was rough.but only A learning curve.

one1
05-20-2014, 08:13 PM
You know Whell this president is creating so many Power Vacuum's & Enemies world wide all the while slapping allies in the face.

At home he is dividing the country and ginning up racial tensions. Using government power to suppress the masses. He lies about everything right to our faces.

It's looking more obvious to me he want's a civil war or a world war. At that point he would suspend any elections shut down congress and be a dictator. King fuckin Obama.

what the hell,you been drinkin little buddy?

bobabode
05-20-2014, 08:15 PM

Smokin'. :rolleyes:

one1
05-20-2014, 08:17 PM
I vam telling you all The Chinese do not fuck around the are like robots and show no emotion,But I do not think they are ready to show their hand yet.they are just testing the water.

icenine
05-20-2014, 08:18 PM
This is really nothing. Most Chinese are using a bootleg copy of Windows since most overseas cannot afford the cost of a legit copy of OS. So outside of the government everyone else will still be on Windows there.

In the Philippines I saw a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on sale at the market for about $3.

Dondilion
05-20-2014, 08:19 PM

By not attacking the militias, by not sending troops to Ukraine

BlueStreak
05-20-2014, 08:20 PM
I dunno. That little Chinese chick I bought some garlic beef from at China King last night seemed very friendly, even laughed at my corny jokes. She was pretty cute, too. Twenty years ago, I would've been after that like a rutting buck....;)

Dave

one1
05-20-2014, 08:22 PM
if you want to get the gist of the chinese attitude then check out some of the comedians,they put out a vibe on the political climate in china.

BlueStreak
05-20-2014, 08:22 PM
By not attacking the militias, by not sending troops to Ukraine

Yeah, the aggression is shocking.........:confused:

Dave

one1
05-20-2014, 08:23 PM
I dunno. That little Chinese chick I bought some garlic beef from at China King last night seemed very friendly, even laughed at my corny jokes. She was pretty cute, too. Twenty years ago, I would've been after that like a rutting buck....;)

Dave

Oh Gawd,Dave

one1
05-20-2014, 08:25 PM
well its lights out here ,after a fat piece of German Chocolate cake,Germans do dessert right.

bobabode
05-20-2014, 08:28 PM
well its lights out here ,after a fat piece of German Chocolate cake,Germans do dessert right.

I thought you were Cherokee? ;)

4-2-7
05-20-2014, 08:30 PM

U.S. Charges Five Chinese Military Hackers for Cyber Espionage Against U.S. Corporations and a Labor Organization for Commercial Advantage
First Time Criminal Charges Are Filed Against Known State Actors for Hacking
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2014/May/14-ag-528.html

one1
05-20-2014, 08:31 PM

yes ,what Cherokees cant eat cake from Germany?

4-2-7
05-20-2014, 08:33 PM

Dave

Chicken, you should have tried lol.

one1
05-20-2014, 08:34 PM
U.S. Charges Five Chinese Military Hackers for Cyber Espionage Against U.S. Corporations and a Labor Organization for Commercial Advantage
First Time Criminal Charges Are Filed Against Known State Actors for Hacking
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2014/May/14-ag-528.html

I will get into this later ,all I can say is China Is not the only Country with Hacking skills,it is all tisk for task.be back in the morning,Hopefully.

bobabode
05-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Good night Cleon. :)

BlueStreak
05-20-2014, 08:40 PM

A German Cherokee? No wonder...................

donquixote99
05-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah, the aggression is shocking.........:confused:

Dave

That's the 'creating power vacuums' part.

So here it is: if Obama exercises power, he's 'creating enemies,' and if he doesn't, he's 'creating power vacuums.' So all possibilities are covered. Everything is evidence of his evil schemes!

4-2-7
05-20-2014, 09:13 PM

So here it is: if Obama exercises power, he's 'creating enemies,' and if he doesn't, he's 'creating power vacuums.' So all possibilities are covered. Everything is evidence of his evil schemes!

Vacuum

Afganistan
Egypt
Libia
Iraq
Ukraine

bobabode
05-20-2014, 09:17 PM

Obama Derangement Syndrome.

BlueStreak
05-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Vacuum

Afganistan
Egypt
Libia
Iraq
Ukraine

And if he had increased or initiated any action on those places, regime change or whatever, he would be.....What, Dan? Imperialist Dictator? Global Tyrant? What?

I await your answer.

Dave

BlueStreak
05-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Obama Derangement Syndrome.

No shit.:rolleyes:

Dave

4-2-7
05-21-2014, 12:36 AM
And if he had increased or initiated any action on those places, regime change or whatever, he would be.....What, Dan? Imperialist Dictator? Global Tyrant? What?

I await your answer.

Dave

Egypt Libia should of never had any US involvement. Have you noticed I never say anything about Syria except the dumb ass comment a red line BS.

BlueStreak
05-21-2014, 12:39 AM
Lame.

From the Swamp with love,

Dave

one1
05-21-2014, 06:27 AM
I really have not detected a Sentiment either way from Obama,he is playing this right Bynot showing any emotion at the chinese.