PDA

View Full Version : WARNING RE: Offensive posts

d-ray657
06-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Fair warning: The 100 percent tolerance is over. We will start with temporary suspensions and move from there. This will apply to future posts, and it will apply to inappropriate posts as well as those that are clear provocations of such posts.

We will also start enforcing the rule that is strictly enforced at AK: public discussions of moderation decisions are off limits. That means that if discipline is imposed, there will be no cartwheels of celebration or bitching about it being unfair. There are plenty of topics here for discussion. Moderation will not be one of them.

This has been a topic of serious discussion among the moderators and the management.

Regards,

D-Ray

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 12:15 PM
as well as those that are clear provocations.
Regards,
D-Ray
Please clarify that.

piece-itpete
06-03-2014, 12:30 PM
What a sad thing.

I believe the answer is, basically, whatever management thinks. I don't see a way to have clear cut lines.

Pete

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 12:32 PM
What a sad thing.

I believe the answer is, basically, whatever management thinks. I don't see a way to have clear cut lines.

Pete

"Report post" buttons would be a start.

4-2-7
06-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Dictatorship?
My post are offensive to some because I can't spell there,their,they're

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 12:44 PM
It's tuff because the Left is offended by binders with women's names in them.

merrylander
06-03-2014, 01:12 PM
It is quite amusing now that my ignore list is cleared. I have to laugh at people who are so certain they know exactly how their politcal opposites think, especially as they would have difficulty finding their butt with both hands.:)

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 01:17 PM
It is quite amusing now that my ignore list is cleared. I have to laugh at people who are so certain they know exactly how their politcal opposites think, especially as they would have difficulty finding their butt with both hands.:)
You have put all of your political thoughts on the table. Nothing left to assume.

donquixote99
06-03-2014, 01:22 PM
As requested, I will not discuss moderation publicly. Or privately, unless invited to do so. This will be my only post in this topic.

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 01:45 PM
This will be my only post in this topic.
I'm fine with that.

merrylander
06-03-2014, 01:58 PM
You have put all of your political thoughts on the table. Nothing left to assume.

I haven't been here long enough to put all my thoughts out here. :)

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 01:59 PM
I haven't been here long enough to put all my thoughts out here. :)
Oh sure you have. You're not that complicated IMO.

merrylander
06-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Oh sure you have. You're not that complicated IMO.

Ah IMO well there is your first error.:)

Tom Joad
06-03-2014, 02:48 PM
It's about time we got a little law and order around here.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Dog_of_the_Earth/dk-barneygun.jpg (http://s843.photobucket.com/user/Dog_of_the_Earth/media/dk-barneygun.jpg.html)

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 02:57 PM
This is like being on a diet.
We need a couple of "Free Days" per year to let loose IMO.

merrylander
06-03-2014, 03:05 PM
This is like being on a diet.
We need a couple of "Free Days" per year to let loose IMO.

Sorry but I find no difficulty in expressing myself without profanity - mostly. It is the willing stupidity that bings out the odd firetruck word simply because I cannot understand why people can so wish to be ignorant.:rolleyes:

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Sorry but I find no difficulty in expressing myself without profanity - mostly. It is the willing stupidity that bings out the odd firetruck word simply because I cannot understand why people can so wish to be ignorant.:rolleyes:
You constantly call people names. :confused:

4-2-7
06-03-2014, 03:36 PM
You constantly call people names. :confused:

Yes he does and a main culprit of personal attacks

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 04:21 PM

We should just ban all name calling that doesn't apply to politics. If you can't argue the facts without calling names to provoke and/or insult, than you need to go away.

bobabode
06-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Who knew all you right wingers had such thin skin? :rolleyes: Somebody needs to throw a pity party for you guys...:)

Tom Joad
06-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Who knew all you right wingers had such thin skin? :rolleyes:

It's funny isn't it?

They are always complaining about being attacked, and now, when it appears that there might be a crackdown on attacks, they are complaining about that.

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Who knew all you right wingers had such thin skin? :rolleyes: Somebody needs to throw a pity party for you guys...:)
Somebody has to show leadership. With Obama being the poster child for leadership on the Left, clearly a Righty needs to lead on this critical issue. I will lead you my friend & colleague to an utopian web forum.

ebacon
06-03-2014, 04:57 PM

Did someone say party?

/perk!

bobabode
06-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Somebody has to show leadership. With Obama being the poster child for leadership on the Left, clearly a Righty needs to lead on this critical issue. I will lead you my friend & colleague to an utopian web forum.

:rolleyes:You have friends? Count me outta that circle. How was Bunkerville btw?

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 05:02 PM
It's funny isn't it?

They are always complaining about being attacked, and now, when it appears that there might be a crackdown on attacks, they are complaining about that.
Interesting how the Left creates PC & only wants the Right to live by it. You guys are never happy.

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 05:05 PM
:rolleyes:You have friends? Count me outta that circle. How was Bunkerville btw?
Man, I'm just messing around Bob. We need to hookup soon. As a matter of fact, I'm going to be to picking up an auger bit close to Costa Mesa in a few weeks. Email me your address or phone# Bob.

d-ray657
06-03-2014, 05:11 PM
We should just ban all name calling that doesn't apply to politics. If you can't argue the facts without calling names to provoke and/or insult, than you need to go away.

I didn't realize that you had such a well developed sense of irony.

Regards,

D-Ray

djv8ga
06-03-2014, 05:15 PM
I didn't realize that you had such a well developed sense of irony.

Regards,

D-Ray
Surprised you would notice such a thing.

4-2-7
06-03-2014, 06:10 PM

The only problem with that Bob would have nothing to post.

4-2-7
06-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Interesting how the Left creates PC & only wants the Right to live by it. You guys are never happy.

Bam:mad:

BlueStreak
06-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Well, it has finally come to this.

We'll see if some people can get a rational point across without vitriol.

Good luck.

Dave

d-ray657
06-03-2014, 07:03 PM
The only problem with that Bob would have nothing to post.

You really don't get it. Grow up.

HarmanKardon
06-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Ahhh...kiddies sitting in the sandbox are throwing sand cakes against each other again...actually I expected something different of this thread started by the administrator... :rolleyes:

:)

bobabode
06-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Well, it has finally come to this.

We'll see if some people can get a rational point across without vitriol.

Good luck.

Dave

C'mon Dave. Politics without vitriol? I'd rather guzzle castor oil.

merrylander
06-04-2014, 06:02 AM

Remedial reading needed as I did not mention any names in my post. However if the shoe fits ....

merrylander
06-04-2014, 07:06 AM

Of course the right never ever has insisted that everyone must follow their dictates. Just ask any woman.

Dondilion
06-04-2014, 07:27 AM
I say: Welcome a new dawn, a new day!

piece-itpete
06-04-2014, 11:20 AM
You're all a bunch of weenies :p

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Dog_of_the_Earth/dk-barneygun.jpg (http://s843.photobucket.com/user/Dog_of_the_Earth/media/dk-barneygun.jpg.html)

I have my bullet!

Pete

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Of course the right never ever has insisted that everyone must follow their dictates. Just ask any woman.
If you ran that by my wife, she would call you a sexest & a pussy.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
I say: Welcome a new dawn, a new day!
"Hope & Change" :D

merrylander
06-04-2014, 11:28 AM
If you ran that by my wife, she would call you a sexist & a pussy.

Her opinion and she is entiltled, all I know is what I see and it is quite obvious that women here are not shown the respect they are due. Especially if they are accomplished because women like that svcare the giblets out of men.:rolleyes:

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 11:41 AM
New post by Ike Bana under current events -
"Are you being deliberately obtuse or does it just come squirting out of you like shit from a goose? "

So is this offensive & provoking under the new rules? I find it VERY PROVOKING! I figure that I should be able to respond to this with all the hatred I want to if this is OK & not provoking under the new rules.

HarmanKardon
06-04-2014, 12:04 PM
"Are you being deliberately obtuse or does it just come squirting out of you like shit from a goose? "

So is this offensive & provoking under the new rules? I find it VERY PROVOKING! I figure that I should be able to respond to this with all the hatred I want to if this is OK & not provoking under the new rules.

(Ike that's a funny sentence, but...:rolleyes: )

You hate Ike Bana? Is this really true? We should consider the use of the term "hatred" very carefully and try to be capable to avoid it generally as far as possible. But of course I respect your sentiment and I share your criticism of what Ike Bana said and it is actually an ugly violation of civility. We should try to express aversion on an other level of diction and eloquence.

merrylander
06-04-2014, 12:07 PM

And by make your lady wife responsible for saying I am "a sexist and pussy" you were all sweet innocence - DJ you are unbelieveable, are you really that thick?:)

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 12:11 PM
And by make your lady wife responsible for saying I am "a sexist and pussy" you were all sweet innocence - DJ you are unbelieveable, are you really that thick?:)
Not the same and you know it. You made a comment generalizing women like they're cattle. My comment to you was how many women would respond to that 50's era statement you made. It was a legitimate response unlike that of Bana's.

You are sexist if that is your view of women...period.

4-2-7
06-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Remedial reading needed as I did not mention any names in my post. However if the shoe fits ....

Senility setting in ? Plenty of post of yours contribute to name calling.

HarmanKardon
06-04-2014, 12:13 PM

Ugly violations of civility...

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones dj...

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 12:17 PM
(Ike that's a funny sentence, but...:rolleyes: )

You hate Ike Bana? Is this really true? We should consider the use of the term "hatred" very carefully and try to be capable to avoid it generally as far as possible. But of course I respect your sentiment and I share your criticism of what Ike Bana said and it is actually an ugly violation of civility. We should try to express aversion on an other level of diction and eloquence.
WTF? Look dude, If I rip that guy, many Leftys will refer to it as "Hate Speech" so I just roll with it.
The guy just can't be civil with anyone who disagrees with his politics & he provokes them every chance he gets.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Ugly violations of civility...

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones dj...
He shouldn't generalize all women as if they're cattle. Maybe in his house it's the way it is, but it sure the hell isn't like that here.
I guess my old lady is a stronger American than he is.

You shouldn't judge either.

HarmanKardon
06-04-2014, 12:22 PM
WTF? Look dude, If I rip that guy, many Leftys will refer to it as "Hate Speech" so I just roll with it.
The guy just can't be civil with anyone who disagrees with his politics & he provokes them every chance he gets.

Sorry, Sir, but the "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" principle is no sign of superiority.

merrylander
06-04-2014, 12:26 PM
He shouldn't generalize all women as if they're cattle. Maybe in his house it's the way it is, but it sure the hell isn't like that here.

You always manage to read words that are not there, it is a rather amusing ability that you have.

I said that women here were not shown the respect that they were due so if it is anyone treating them like cattle it sure as hell was not me.

HarmanKardon
06-04-2014, 12:28 PM

I am convinced that merrylander respects woman. And more than that: I know that he is a Gentleman.

merrylander
06-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Senility setting in ? Plenty of post of yours contribute to name calling.

My we are sensitive, so when I make a generalized reference to stupidity I must be talking about you? Wow! :)

As to senility dear boy the only reason I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with you is because it is against my principles to fight an unarmed man.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 12:32 PM
You always manage to read words that are not there, it is a rather amusing ability that you have.

I said that women here were not shown the respect that they were due so if it is anyone treating them like cattle it sure as hell was not me.
No I don't! You post as if you live in the 50's when it comes to women. Women of today are stronger than they were in your day. They want the challenges that men have. You want to treat them as if they're inferior & can't cut it unless we make it easier on them.
Susan Rice is a lier! Everyone knows it. Why should she be treated any different than a man? Don't make exuses for her because she has a vagina. That's degrading & out of touch.

merrylander
06-04-2014, 12:33 PM

DJ this is so like you the small underhanded insult, you are not even fit to kiss her shoes, do us all a favour and drop dead.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 12:35 PM
I am convinced that merrylander respects woman. And more than that: I know that he is a Gentleman.
He was gentleman 40 years ago. Now he insults women by treating them like he is superior & can't stand it when a women tells him that she isn't looking for his pity.
He's what's wrong with the older generation of men when it comes to treating women as equals.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 12:39 PM
DJ this is so like you the small underhanded insult, you are not even fit to kiss her shoes, do us all a favour and drop dead.
You are offensive by nature in your posts. I don't blame you for it because it's just how you are being from the era you're from & the way you were brought up.
Good women don't want your pity.

donquixote99
06-04-2014, 12:58 PM
He was gentleman 40 years ago. Now he insults women by treating them like he is superior & can't stand it when a women tells him that she isn't looking for his pity.
He's what's wrong with the older generation of men when it comes to treating women as equals.

What woman has told him any such thing? We've seen some words hypothetically attributed to your wife, by you, but nothing except stuff you've made up.

Nor have I seen Merrylander do anything remotely like treating a woman like he is her superior.

You attacks strike me as dishonest and dishonorable.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 01:02 PM
What woman has told him any such thing? We've seen some words hypothetically attributed to your wife, by you, but nothing except stuff you've made up.

Nor have I seen Merrylander do anything remotely like treating a woman like he is her superior.

You attacks strike me as dishonest and dishonorable.
I read it to the old lady & that's what she said.
She says she doesn't need or want the Pity of a weak old liberal.
Her words, not mine.
Again, I know this is hard for you old guys to understand. Women don't want your damn pity. It's demeaning if you mean to be or not.
You getting involved with this is nothing but an attack on me. I said nothing to you.

donquixote99
06-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Her words, not mine.
Again, I know this is hard for you old guys to understand. Women don't want your damn pity. It's demeaning if you mean to be or not.
You getting involved with this is nothing but an attack on me. I said nothing to you.

If you post obnoxious attacks in public, I reserve the right to attack you in turn.

Pity is just a bad-connotation word for 'sympathetic concern.' Doesn't seem like a crime to me. Anyone who doesn't want my pity, should I offer any, is free to disregard it. BTW, YOU WON'T HAVE TO BEND OVER AND STRAIN TO READ INSULTING CONNOTATIONS INTO MY POSTS. MY INSULTS WILL BE PLAINLY STATED.

To wit, I think you're a liar. I don't think you ever spoke of merrylander's opinions with your wife. I note that in message #39, quoted below, you claim "she would," not "she did."

If you ran that by my wife, she would call you a sexest & a pussy.

MrPots
06-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Her words, not mine.

The term "old lady" is quite disrespectful in itself. Heal thyself.

Would it surprise you that many women today would crumble under the pressures women of past years have had to endure? You think any women today could have endured pioneer life or living on the plains in the great depression? THAT my friend was equality and respect.

My wife of 35 years hold her own. She is a professional and brings home some good dough. But she likes to be treated like a lady. She enjoys the attentions and treatment of a gentleman and she is not a all "demeaned when I offer to take care of the heavy lifting and dirty work so she doesn't break her nails. My daughter, she enjoys the hell out of cooking and cleaning and being a traditional housewife.

Your broad brushes do you no favors and I suspect you'll never see your 35 anniversary.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 02:37 PM
The term "old lady" is quite disrespectful in itself. Heal thyself.

Would it surprise you that many women today would crumble under the pressures women of past years have had to endure? You think any women today could have endured pioneer life or living on the plains in the great depression? THAT my friend was equality and respect.

My wife of 35 years hold her own. She is a professional and brings home some good dough. But she likes to be treated like a lady. She enjoys the attentions and treatment of a gentleman and she is not a all "demeaned when I offer to take care of the heavy lifting and dirty work so she doesn't break her nails. My daughter, she enjoys the hell out of cooking and cleaning and being a traditional housewife.

Your broad brushes do you no favors and I suspect you'll never see your 35 anniversary.

If you "Pity" women, you are demeaning them...period. This has nothing to do with anything else except the fact that Merrylander believes ALL American women are victims & need help from Liberals like him or the government in order to compete with men.
Your post is really getting off topic in this case. Are you saying you do more heavy lifting than I do? Not sure WTF that has to do with anything, but I really doubt it.
I didn't know you were a marriage counselor...that's fascinating.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 02:44 PM
If you post obnoxious attacks in public, I reserve the right to attack you in turn.

Pity is just a bad-connotation word for 'sympathetic concern.' Doesn't seem like a crime to me. Anyone who doesn't want my pity, should I offer any, is free to disregard it. BTW, YOU WON'T HAVE TO BEND OVER AND STRAIN TO READ INSULTING CONNOTATIONS INTO MY POSTS. MY INSULTS WILL BE PLAINLY STATED.

To wit, I think you're a liar. I don't think you ever spoke of merrylander's opinions with your wife. I note that in message #39, quoted below, you claim "she would," not "she did."
My wife checks out my posts all the time & interjects her thoughts.
Your post is nothing but Trolling in this case. You & Merrylander are old liberals who do nothing but try to tell everybody else about society, culture & their own jobs. Quite honestly, I find all of your posts nothing but spin & innuendo, as well as a complete waste of time.
I'll tell you what. Later on, I'll let the old lady tell you what she thinks of you & your attacks on me. Get your wife too, it will be a God Damn blast.
Stop Trolling old man.

MrPots
06-04-2014, 02:53 PM
If you "Pity" women, you are demeaning them...period. This has nothing to do with anything else except the fact that Merrylander believes ALL American women are victims & need help from Liberals like him or the government in order to compete with men.
Your post is really getting off topic in this case. Are you saying you do more heavy lifting than I do? Not sure WTF that has to do with anything, but I really doubt it.
I didn't know you were a marriage counselor...that's fascinating.

Did I once mention you except to say you are disrespectful of women yourself and that I seriously doubt your marriage will last 35 years with your fucked up attitude?

No, I'm not a marriage counselor but the women I know respect me, I respect them and I've managed to maintain a strong relationship for 35 years...no, make that 42 years as I knew my wife for 5 years before we got married so I suppose I qualify. What do you have?

I'm done with you kid...go bother someone else.

bobabode
06-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Finally we'll get to see past the veil of DJ's bluff, bluster, bile and vitriol to see the real power behind the façade of the Great and Terrible Oz. :rolleyes:

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Finally we'll get to see past the veil of DJ's bluff, bluster, bile and vitriol to see the real power behind the façade of the Great and Terrible Oz. :rolleyes:
Hey, I'm still waiting for your address. :rolleyes:

bobabode
06-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey, I'm still waiting for your address. :rolleyes:

What in the world for DJ? Are you bi curious? Like I've told you before, homey don't schwang that way. I'm a happily married hetero so look elsewhere for your kicks dude.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 03:20 PM
What in the world for DJ? Are you bi curious? Like I've told you before, homey don't schwang that way. I'm a happily married hetero so look elsewhere for your kicks dude.
No, I want to buy you a beer. Come on little buddy, I don't bite. :)

bobabode
06-04-2014, 03:39 PM
No, I want to buy you a beer. Come on little buddy, I don't bite. :)

This must've been your wife talking then? :rolleyes:

DJ " As for you, you're just a Punk. If I wanted to kick your ass, I would do it. You sit here & play internet Rambo insulting people & why it's allowed to go on everyday by the mods is beyond me.
If you have a problem with me personally, lets hook up so I can stomp the fuck out of you.
Anytime, anywhere, & anyway you want to do it.
Be a man one fucking time you puss!"

http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7292&page=6

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 03:42 PM

DJ " As for you, you're just a Punk. If I wanted to kick your ass, I would do it. You sit here & play internet Rambo insulting people & why it's allowed to go on everyday by the mods is beyond me.
If you have a problem with me personally, lets hook up so I can stomp the fuck out of you.

Just one beer?

Tom Joad
06-04-2014, 03:48 PM
OK, we are now 27 hours into the New World Order and so far, and I admit it is still early in the game, but so far, from what I am seeing, the usual suspects are continuing to Troll unabated and with apparent impunity, while the good posters are now walking on eggshells trying not to be offensive.

Therefore, at this point, my assessment is that this new policy is, in effect, a "Be nice to Trolls" policy.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 03:52 PM
OK, we are now 27 hours into the New World Order and so far, and I admit it is still early in the game, but so far, from what I am seeing, the usual suspects are continuing to Troll unabated and with apparent impunity, while the good posters are now walking on eggshells trying not to be offensive.

Therefore, at this point, my assessment is that this new policy is, in effect, a "Be nice to Trolls" policy.
I agree. I continue to get badgered by the same people. I say screw this crap & lets go back to where we were 27 Hrs. ago.

ebacon
06-04-2014, 03:53 PM
. . . this new policy is, in effect, a "Be nice to Trolls" policy.

We all have to take a bite of the sandwich. :D

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 03:54 PM
We all have to take a bite of the sandwich. :D
LOL..I'm full! :D

d-ray657
06-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Neither Pete nor I have time to babysit. Everyone knows a line was crossed, and if that line is crossed again, there will be consequences. One expects everyone here to be adults and to be able to exercise some judgment. If judgment is not exercised and either Pete or I see a reason to take action, that action - or lack thereof - is not a matter for public discussion.

JBS...
06-04-2014, 05:12 PM

HAW, thin skin. I don't recall anyone on the right using the Ignore option :rolleyes:

bobabode
06-04-2014, 05:14 PM
HAW, thin skin. I don't recall anyone on the right using the Ignore option :rolleyes:

Naw, the wingnuttery run in 'stealth mode' apparently.:rolleyes:

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Naw, the wingnuttery run in 'stealth mode' apparently.:rolleyes:
So what? You live here because you don't have a job. What a worthless waste of human DNA....wait for it....:rolleyes:

Tom Joad
06-04-2014, 05:25 PM
If offensive posts are outlawed, only outlaws will make offensive posts.

bobabode
06-04-2014, 05:28 PM
So what? You live here because you don't have a job. What a worthless waste of human DNA....wait for it....:rolleyes:

Whatever gave you that idea Deej. :D I live to get under the skin of wingnuts, it's so easy. :rolleyes:

donquixote99
06-04-2014, 05:30 PM

You will note that for my part, I've changed my personal rulebook. Stupid harmful expression will be called-out, shown to be what it is, and labeled strongly. Trolls are harmful, and should do not deserve to be treated 'nicely.'

donquixote99
06-04-2014, 05:37 PM
I think the idea that people's value is based on their 'jobs' is evil. It's basically saying people are only worth something if others can make money off them.

policy towards those not 'worth something' under these rules left as an exercise....

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 05:38 PM
You will note that for my part, I've changed my personal rulebook. Stupid harmful expression will be called-out, shown to be what it is, and labeled strongly. Trolls are harmful, and should do not deserve to be treated 'nicely.'
You're a damn Troll.
Another hypocrite on the Left?. Who would have ever thought.
Don't forget to get your wife on here in a few hours so mine can shred both of your old asses!

JBS...
06-04-2014, 05:39 PM
+ 1 on the report button.

Also, I think we should ban a sexually explicit remarks... e.g. Teabagger

I personally find these remarks provocative :rolleyes:

JBS...
06-04-2014, 05:41 PM

On both sides or just the right...

bobabode
06-04-2014, 05:45 PM

Sexually explicit? That's whut the founder's of the movement called themselves. You do realize that the act of "teabagging" was invented to make you 'baggers pucker up in consternation? You were spoofed.;)

Nice to see that you have embraced politically correct speech, tho. Actually, it's hilarious Jim. :D

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 05:45 PM

Me too.

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Sexually explicit? That's whut the founder's of the movement called themselves. You do realize that the act of "teabagging" was invented to make you 'baggers pucker up in consternation? You were spoofed.;)

Nice to see that you have embraced politically correct speech, tho. Actually, it's hilarious Jim. :D
Go find a job you free loading worthless little Troll.

bobabode
06-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Go find a job you free loading worthless little Troll.

I'm livin' off the fat of the land brosky. I got a big fat stipend for working the polls yesterday. When was the last time you volunteered for anything? Playing Minuteman down on the border don't count. :rolleyes:

djv8ga
06-04-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm livin' off the fat of the land brosky. I got a big fat stipend for working the polls yesterday. When was the last time you volunteered for anything? Playing Minuteman down on the border don't count. :rolleyes:
Dude, you are a worthless free loading old POS. WTF can you do? I'm not sure you even know how to dig a trench. Skills are not something you possess.
Ever thought about turning off the computer & becoming acquainted with reality again?
wait for it................................................ ................................:rolleyes:

stereorob2.0
06-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Dose this mean we can't say fuck anymore?

d-ray657
06-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Dose this mean we can't say fuck anymore?

It means that people are expected to act like adults.

Regards,

D-Ray

CarlV
06-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Damn, I missed all the fun.

Carl

CarlV
06-17-2014, 07:58 PM

I thought Grumpy started PC. Grumpy is not a leftie in any sense of the term.

Carl

bobabode
06-17-2014, 08:05 PM

Carl

Grumpy isn't a tree huggin', granola crunching, hair on fire lefty libbie? Who knew? :rolleyes: :D

piece-itpete
06-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Damn, I missed all the fun.

Carl

If you like I can call you some names :D

Pete

icenine
06-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Your mother wears combat boots....

how is that for some retro fun lol

CarlV
06-18-2014, 02:29 PM

Pete

Be my guest, I'm just happy to be alive. :)
(I had ruptured AAA 28 days ago)

Carl

piece-itpete
06-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Holy crap glad you're still with us! My father in law went through that, it almost killed him.

Wanker.

:p

Pete

barbara
06-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Be my guest, I'm just happy to be alive. :)

(I had ruptured AAA 28 days ago)

Carl

How scary!

Hope you are doing better now.

CarlV
06-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Yes, way scary indeed. I still feel pretty weak overall and I am waiting for the people to call for a cat scan I guess it is. The surgeon says the 3 stents he put in stay in place but the aorta can move sometimes.

Carl

CarlV
06-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Wanker.

Pete

Clevelander!

Carl

piece-itpete
06-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Ouch!

:D

Pete

bobabode
06-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Clevelander tosspot!

Carl

;)Fixed that for ya Carl. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

merrylander
06-18-2014, 03:01 PM

Carl

I have no idea what Dave or Nancy's political leanings are. I do know that they are two darn fine people.

Charles
08-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Fair warning: The 100 percent tolerance is over. We will start with temporary suspensions and move from there. This will apply to future posts, and it will apply to inappropriate posts as well as those that are clear provocations of such posts.

We will also start enforcing the rule that is strictly enforced at AK: public discussions of moderation decisions are off limits. That means that if discipline is imposed, there will be no cartwheels of celebration or bitching about it being unfair. There are plenty of topics here for discussion. Moderation will not be one of them.

This has been a topic of serious discussion among the moderators and the management.

Regards,

D-Ray

You know, Don, this is really a sad situation.

You would think that we, as the chosen few, could manage to elevate our rhetoric beyond the level of a 2nd grader.

Guess not.

Personally, the profanity has never bothered me, but the mentality of attacking one's intelligence, or one's station in life over a simple political disagreement certainly has. Perhaps this is a result of being unable to differentiate between a hypothesis and a conclusion.

Anyway, this is not a game adults play.

Chas

Charles
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM

Pete

So long as they're dirty, and you beat me with a feather duster...I'm game!!!

Chas

donquixote99
08-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Perhaps this is a result of being unable to differentiate between a hypothesis and a conclusion.
Chas

It's not due to any inability. It's a manifestation of the emotions. Some people enjoy kicking others around.

Rajoo
08-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Simple logic, if you are wrong then I am right. So if you are full of shit, then you are always wrong.

d-ray657
08-01-2014, 06:15 PM
You know, Don, this is really a sad situation.

You would think that we, as the chosen few, could manage to elevate our rhetoric beyond the level of a 2nd grader.

Guess not.

Personally, the profanity has never bothered me, but the mentality of attacking one's intelligence, or one's station in life over a simple political disagreement certainly has. Perhaps this is a result of being unable to differentiate between a hypothesis and a conclusion.

Anyway, this is not a game adults play.

Chas

Agreed that it is sad. I know the comment about the chosen few was tongue in cheek, but if you look at us we are really the outcasts. We engage here in the conversations that are forbidden at AK. In any event, I thought that we could be governed by the concept that this is a marketplace of ideas, but it hard to have a market when there are some who insist on knocking over the apple cart.

By the way, glad to see you poking you head in every once in a while.

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
08-01-2014, 07:12 PM
It's not due to any inability. It's a manifestation of the emotions. Some people enjoy kicking others around.

From what I've noticed, it's more prevalent on the anonymous WWW than it is at the "County Line" where someone can reach across the table, grab you by the shirt, and bust your head open with a long neck.

A lot to be said from learning decorum from the "lowbrows".

Makes Jack a polite boy...unless he wants to play for keeps.

Chas

bobabode
08-01-2014, 07:21 PM
How've you been doing you ol' reprobate? Drowning worms I trust.

Charles
08-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Agreed that it is sad. I know the comment about the chosen few was tongue in cheek, but if you look at us we are really the outcasts. We engage here in the conversations that are forbidden at AK. In any event, I thought that we could be governed by the concept that this is a marketplace of ideas, but it hard to have a market when there are some who insist on knocking over the apple cart.

By the way, glad to see you poking you head in every once in a while.

Regards,

D-Ray

I've always been of the notion that if you can ignore a problem long enough, it will take care of itself. And 99% of the time that is the case.

Unfortunately, you're Marshall Dillion. You have accepted the responsibility to go forth and settle issues of which even you are not positive of who is the "good" guy or the "bad" one. Which puts you in a bad situation, as it counters your innate appreciation of the free flow of ideas...thus free flowing discourse...no matter what the level.

In other words, you have become one of those your abhor.

You know, when I was young I wanted power...not so much to control people, but to prevent them from controlling me. And I have achieved a certain amount of it.

The flip side of the coin is it comes with responsibility. Hell, I don't wanna be the boss, but I don't for sure wanna be the serf.

Are my intoxicated ramblings making any sense?

Chas

Charles
08-01-2014, 08:34 PM
How've you been doing you ol' reprobate? Drowning worms I trust.

We've been sparing the worms.

Last time out Manns DD20's were the hot ticket. Along with the big Reef Runners.

I was ready to kill my wife. Long liners as ourselves know that you have to be at the right place, at the right time, and at the right depth. You have maybe an hour of two window. Every few days.

And we were there. Didn't catch shit. Finally I looked to the rear of the boat and neither rod tip was working. The lures were fouled together.

Now I don't mind being the Charter Captain/Indian Guide and running the boat on a contour and letting her catch the fish...but she's had enough experience to know the rod tips aren't working...and to say something.

Wimmen, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em. If they didn't have legs they would leave a trail on the ground like a slug. And they can't fish for shit.

Don't tell her I said this!!!

Chas

donquixote99
08-02-2014, 06:09 AM
From what I've noticed, it's more prevalent on the anonymous WWW than it is at the "County Line" where someone can reach across the table, grab you by the shirt, and bust your head open with a long neck.

A lot to be said from learning decorum from the "lowbrows".

Makes Jack a polite boy...unless he wants to play for keeps.

Chas

Well yes. The fact that in cyberspace no one can bust your head, no matter how much you piss them off, just means more people will get into the habit of being a shit for kicks and laughs.

JJIII
08-02-2014, 08:00 AM
We've been sparing the worms.

Last time out Manns DD20's were the hot ticket. Along with the big Reef Runners.

I was ready to kill my wife. Long liners as ourselves know that you have to be at the right place, at the right time, and at the right depth. You have maybe an hour of two window. Every few days.

And we were there. Didn't catch shit. Finally I looked to the rear of the boat and neither rod tip was working. The lures were fouled together.

Now I don't mind being the Charter Captain/Indian Guide and running the boat on a contour and letting her catch the fish...but she's had enough experience to know the rod tips aren't working...and to say something.

Wimmen, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em. If they didn't have legs they would leave a trail on the ground like a slug. And they can't fish for shit.

Don't tell her I said this!!!

Chas

There is a paragraph in this post that made peanuts and Coke come out of my nose!:D I'm not gonna say which one it was.;)

donquixote99
08-02-2014, 09:10 AM
There is a paragraph in this post that made peanuts and Coke come out of my nose!:D I'm not gonna say which one it was.;)

Charles saw 'offensive posts' in the thread title and took it as a challenge. You may laugh, but I wonder how the ladies present feel about it.

Another difference between cyberspace and your roadhouse, Charles, is that in Cyberspace, you can't check who's listening before you start trashing some group....

4-2-7
08-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Charles saw 'offensive posts' in the thread title and took it as a challenge. You may laugh, but I wonder how the ladies present feel about it.

Another difference between cyberspace and your roadhouse, Charles, is that in Cyberspace, you can't check who's listening before you start trashing some group....

Maybe we should take a look at it then?

I see 90% of the titles members here post as the heading of a topic offensive. But being so bias of a site 90% of the members look at it as normal behavior and appropriate.

I find 90% of the crap coming out of Obamas mouth offensive should we omit it from the conversation?

I find 90% of liberals would prefer to eliminate free speach when it's not theirs.

donquixote99
08-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Political views you don't like are one thing. Personal insult and abuse are another. I think the consensus is you have to put up with the first, but we want some limits to the second.

bobabode
08-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Maybe we should take a look at it then?

I see 90% of the titles members here post as the heading of a topic offensive. But being so bias of a site 90% of the members look at it as normal behavior and appropriate.

I find 90% of the crap coming out of Obamas mouth offensive should we omit it from the conversation?

I find 90% of liberals would prefer to eliminate free speach when it's not theirs.

Still trying to tell the moderators how to do their jobs I see.

4-2-7
08-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Still trying to tell the moderators how to do their jobs I see.

How do you get moderation out of my comment Bobby? The reference is in who and what one views as appropriate speech. Everyone is different in how they are offended, I have viewed just about every comment from you directed at me as offensive like this one that you're trolling stirring up shit and assuming.

Do me a favor Do not reply to me off topic other wise we all will need to think about your acktions in doing so.

bobabode
08-02-2014, 04:14 PM
How do you get moderation out of my comment Bobby? The reference is in who and what one views as appropriate speech. Everyone is different in how they are offended, I have viewed just about every comment from you directed at me as offensive like this one that you're trolling stirring up shit and assuming.

Do me a favor Do not reply to me off topic other wise we all will need to think about your acktions in doing so.

This is an open forum and I'll reply to any post I care to reply to. You're are a fine one to whine about trolling. :rolleyes:

piece-itpete
08-04-2014, 12:17 PM
So long as they're dirty, and you beat me with a feather duster...I'm game!!!

Chas

There's a funny response involving references to mud and crap - and dust - but for the life of me I can't put it together.

Pete

donquixote99
08-04-2014, 02:17 PM
...tickle your ass with a feather?

piece-itpete
08-04-2014, 02:53 PM
GAAAAA!!

Pete

JCricket
08-29-2014, 07:46 AM
D-Ray,
I wish you the best of luck with this..

I arrive, I read, I shake my head, and I leave. Repeat.

If the post is written with the intent of venting anger at another, of if it is written to invoke anger, I submit it should not be written ever. PERIOD!!

This is how I would classify offensive posts.

nailer
08-29-2014, 09:55 AM
I let my conscience be my guide.

BlueStreak
08-29-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm a mean person. I don't see this changing. Ever.

Have a Great Day.

Dave

HarmanKardon
08-29-2014, 11:23 AM
I let my conscience be my guide.

Sense of tact, civility, common sense are - as far as possible (not when I'm talking about Merkel) - the basis of most of my posts.

Rajoo
08-29-2014, 11:26 AM

Have a Great Day.

Dave

IMO, you are not mean Dave. Some times the truth hurts.

nailer
08-29-2014, 11:30 AM
Sense of tact, civility, common sense are - as far as possible (not when I'm talking about Merkel) - the basis of most of my posts.

I saw Pinocchio at seven. It was intense.

donquixote99
08-29-2014, 12:08 PM

Have a Great Day.

Dave

Mean you may be, but you aren't mean all the time, and it's not the only thing you are.

I see your statement as at best incomplete and imprecise. So I caution against treating it as 'the whole truth.' :)

HarmanKardon
08-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I saw Pinocchio at seven. It was intense.

Mon étrange ami, pourquoi parles-tu toujours par égnimes???

JJIII
08-29-2014, 01:00 PM

Have a Great Day.

Dave

Heeeeere's Davie!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv412e7hM11qlepxzo2_400.jpg

piece-itpete
08-29-2014, 01:18 PM

Well I'll be Tom, looks like my last avatar was subliminal from you. Thanks :)

Pete

PS yes Dave's an asshole :D

JCricket
08-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Heeeeere's Davie!

Dat was funny!!!!!:D

bobabode
08-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Well I'll be Tom, looks like my last avatar was subliminal from you. Thanks :)

Pete

PS yes Dave's an asshole :D

That's my title Cleveland. :mad: :rolleyes:

piece-itpete
08-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Whoops :p

We're all a bunch of assholes at PC :o

Pete

BlueStreak
08-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Heeeeere's Davie!

Up yours.

Dave

JCricket
08-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Up yours.

Dave

You have to admit that was very appropriate and dang funny too.

BlueStreak
08-29-2014, 04:55 PM

No, I don't. Up yours too, Sunshine.

bobabode
08-29-2014, 07:47 PM

How so?

JCricket
08-29-2014, 09:09 PM
How so?

Bluestreak said he was mean

Blue and mean makes a blue meanie. Thus the pic of the blue meanie from the yellow submarine.
I thought it was a great visual pun, appropriate to the words used by bluestreak and his name.

nailer
08-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Emily Litella

JCricket
08-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Emily Litella

I was going to respond but,
nevermind.

mark

JJIII
08-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Bluestreak said he was mean

Blue and mean makes a blue meanie. Thus the pic of the blue meanie from the yellow submarine.
I thought it was a great visual pun, appropriate to the words used by bluestreak and his name.

That was my only intention.

nailer
08-31-2014, 12:24 PM
I've traveled roads paved with intention.

Pio1980
08-31-2014, 12:26 PM
How hot was it at the end?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

d-ray657
03-23-2015, 05:36 PM
A bump and a reminder.

Regards,

D-Ray

bobabode
03-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Thanks Don.

Zeke
03-23-2015, 10:38 PM
A bump and a reminder.

Regards,

D-Ray

Subtle as always.

Tom Joad
03-24-2015, 12:29 PM
A bump and a reminder.

Regards,

D-Ray

Yes!

A crackdown on these recalcitrant trolls is long overdue!

I'm sure glad that I always remain dignified and above the fray, and therefore have nothing to worry about.:)

nailer
03-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Yes!

A crackdown on these recalcitrant trolls is long overdue!

I'm sure glad hat I always remain dignified and above the fray, and therefore have nothing to worry about.:)

Thank god for band camp.

d-ray657
03-24-2015, 02:13 PM
This forum should be a place for political debate. Personal vendettas interfere with that purpose. This is not a matter of keeping score. Each person should accept responsibility for his or her own conduct. Any real or perceived slight does not justify massive retaliation, or stalking, or a campaign of character assassination. There are plenty of targets for finger-pointing. Finger-pointing is not the type of posting that makes this a worthwhile website to visit. I detest the thought of having to engage in line-drawing when adults should be capable of drawing reasonable lines on their own. But if it is necessary for the health of this forum, I will.

Regards,

D-Ray

JJIII
03-24-2015, 02:39 PM
^^^^^ Thank you!

merrylander
03-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Good Luck with that Don.

bobabode
03-29-2015, 01:11 PM
This forum should be a place for political debate. Personal vendettas interfere with that purpose. This is not a matter of keeping score. Each person should accept responsibility for his or her own conduct. Any real or perceived slight does not justify massive retaliation, or stalking, or a campaign of character assassination. There are plenty of targets for finger-pointing. Finger-pointing is not the type of posting that makes this a worthwhile website to visit. I detest the thought of having to engage in line-drawing when adults should be capable of drawing reasonable lines on their own. But if it is necessary for the health of this forum, I will.

Regards,

D-Ray

Well said Don.

The almost incessant snide personal attacks are getting out of hand. Attack and defend ideas, not each other.

Much as I like using the f word, let's dial it back a bit, eh?

Feel free to bash me with the kettle...:rolleyes:

JJIII
03-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Well said Don.

The almost incessant snide personal attacks are getting out of hand. Attack and defend ideas, not each other.

Much as I like using the f word, let's dial it back a bit, eh?

Feel free to bash me with the kettle...:rolleyes:

We agree on this, my friend.:)

bobabode
03-29-2015, 03:15 PM
We agree on this, my friend.:)

Yeah, well yur a hillbilly with one leg shorter'n the other. So there! :D

Heeeeheeheeeee!

BlueStreak
03-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Bite me.

Dave

JJIII
03-30-2015, 05:32 AM
Yeah, well yur a hillbilly with one leg shorter'n the other. So there! :D

Heeeeheeheeeee!

Yeah? Well, your Momma wears combat boots!:D

donquixote99
03-30-2015, 06:48 AM
Yo momma's got feet so big, she wears boots made out of mud! :D

d-ray657
03-30-2015, 06:51 AM
Yo momma so ugly she got hit by a bus and everybody tell her how much better she looks.

Regards,

D-Ray

d-ray657
03-30-2015, 06:55 AM
Yo momma's got feet so big, she wears boots made out of mud! :D

And now a musical interlude (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR6pHtiNT_k).

Regards,

D-Ray

JJIII
03-30-2015, 06:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

donquixote99
03-30-2015, 07:12 AM
Funny thing, walking is the last thing those boots were made for....

d-ray657
03-30-2015, 07:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

She inherited her daddy's . . . name.

Regards,

D-Ray

JJIII
03-30-2015, 07:53 AM
She inherited her daddy's . . . name.

Regards,

D-Ray

You got that right.

Grumpy
04-08-2015, 06:35 AM
On a more serious note, I have always tried to run our websites by the motto of "its not what you say, but how you say it"

Its perfectly acceptable to disagree with one, but insulting, badgering and or harassing will not be tolerated, unless its by me :p

bobabode
04-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Bumpity, bump. :eek:

donquixote99
04-30-2015, 03:04 PM
Hmmm...so now I will proceed to catch up, and see what prompted this, happy in the knowledge that it isn't me....

donquixote99
04-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Ah yes. Baltimore Mom. A fine figure for everyone to project their own perceptions onto, with little possibility of true facts getting in the way. An argument born to degenerate.

HarmanKardon
05-01-2015, 03:01 AM
On a more serious note, I have always tried to run our websites by the motto of "its not what you say, but how you say it"

Its perfectly acceptable to disagree with one, but insulting, badgering and or harassing will not be tolerated, unless its by me :p

Great!

At AK we have a motto (is motto the correct term?) - "All Audio, No Attitude". David, wouldn't it be fine if this forum got a motto as well, a motto that consists of the attitude of mind of your comment above?

mpholland
05-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Great!

At AK we have a motto (is motto the correct term?) - "All Audio, No Attitude". David, wouldn't it be fine if this forum got a motto as well, a motto that consists of the attitude of mind of your comment above?

A fine line to walk there as this site was kind of born to keep the attitude out of AK. On the other hand, it really doesn't need to be all attitude.

icenine
05-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Remember The Wire? When the police decided to let one section of Baltimore be a criminal free for all (like a criminal red-light district) so that all the other parts of the city would suddenly be free of all the bad crime so that at least the rest of the town was crime free? Political Chat forms that function, except that all the criminals here are left-wingers lol.;)

BAP is the opposition's red light district lol:D

bobabode
05-01-2015, 06:35 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

Bears repeating...

Wasillaguy
05-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Bears repeating...

If you insist-
🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻

bobabode
05-04-2015, 05:45 PM
If you insist-
��������������������������

Those look like wombats, Wasi...:rolleyes:

HarmanKardon
05-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Zeke??? Did I miss a party??? If yes - when???

donquixote99
05-05-2015, 07:52 AM
See post #172.

HarmanKardon
05-05-2015, 10:02 AM
See post #172.

:eek: :eek:

LawDawg
05-22-2015, 04:38 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D:D:D Lord Have Mercy!!! Bob, I have some valium that belongs to the "old lady"....you can have one, I believe you need it....do you already know DJ ain't 6'5" and 295 lbs.....careful I know this was awhile back, but, don't let your mouth write a check your ass can't cash.....you guys are a HOOT!!!

LawDawg
05-22-2015, 04:43 PM
if offensive posts are outlawed, only outlaws will make offensive posts.

love it!!!:d

bobabode
05-22-2015, 04:51 PM
You still here, bubba? :rolleyes:

LawDawg
05-22-2015, 04:57 PM
You still here, bubba? :rolleyes:

I'm still here, Bob. Hanging in there like a hair on a biscuit!:D

bobabode
05-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Sorry, old son. You're just going to have to find another playmate, homey don't schwang that way.

See ya, Bugtussle. :)

LawDawg
05-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Sorry, old son. You're just going to have to find another playmate, homey don't schwang that way.

See ya, Bugtussle. :)

schwang what way? I don't get it.....:confused:

HarmanKardon
06-19-2015, 01:04 PM
At Audiokarma 4-2-7 has been banned today. I can't notice anything offensive in his last posts, I can't see that he broke the rules.

Most of you disliked him here in this forum and I can understand it. His behaviour was repeatedly absolutely unacceptable. But he was always very nice to me and very very helpful and understanding. This is the reason why I will miss him.

Of course - the name of Dan's most dangerous enemy is: Dan. Pity.

Pio1980
06-19-2015, 01:35 PM
At Audiokarma 4-2-7 has been banned today. I can't notice anything offensive in his last posts, I can't see that he broke the rules.

Most of you disliked him here in this forum and I can understand it. His behaviour was repeatedly absolutely unacceptable. But he was always very nice to me and very very helpful and understanding. This is the reason why I will miss him.

Of course - the name of Dan's most dangerous enemy is: Dan. Pity.

Agreed.

icenine
06-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Actually he got into some dustup in the Are We Fading Away thread.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=664605

CarlV
06-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Chris,
It is almost impossible to get banned permanantly the first time from any AK venue, here, audio site, or video site. You know, you've seen it. There are as of today 199,905 critics registered at AK audio site, many of them just dying to spout opinions on anything at all. Especially politics.
Compared to other sites, those in charge here are fair to a fault. Besides the rules are so simple and basic....
Me?, I just can't feel sorry for anybody who gets banned even if they seem a nice guy to most everybody.
Thanks to all those in charge who keep it fun. :)

Carl

donquixote99
06-19-2015, 02:32 PM
The dustup was with kcbluesman, who is a good guy who's been helpful to me. Him banned too. :(

d-ray657
06-19-2015, 07:52 PM
Chris,
It is almost impossible to get banned permanantly the first time from any AK venue, here, audio site, or video site. You know, you've seen it. There are as of today 199,905 critics registered at AK audio site, many of them just dying to spout opinions on anything at all. Especially politics.
Compared to other sites, those in charge here are fair to a fault. Besides the rules are so simple and basic....
Me?, I just can't feel sorry for anybody who gets banned even if they seem a nice guy to most everybody.
Thanks to all those in charge who keep it fun. :)

Carl

Just watch out for Bob. He is one trigger happy hombre. :rolleyes:

Regards,

D-Ray

mpholland
06-19-2015, 07:54 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

Did he finally break down and get one of those trigger style bottle openers?

Pio1980
06-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Could be temporary for both, dunno.

CarlV
06-19-2015, 08:35 PM
Could be temporary for both, dunno.

Dunno what it all about and I don't really care to know. I think Bolly was given 8 bannings before Grumpy got tired of his shit for good.

Carl

bobabode
06-19-2015, 08:50 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

Did he finally break down and get one of those trigger style bottle openers?

You better watch out
You better not cry...;)

http://www.politicalchat.org/picture.php?pictureid=19&albumid=5&dl=1355720167&thumb=1

HarmanKardon
06-20-2015, 01:35 AM
I suppose that I am pretty familiar with Audiokarma. But a temporary ban over there, as it is practised here, is new to me. I have seen about ten AK'rs which I liked and had been banned, and none of them ever returned. Actually years before one of the moderators, I think it was Clay, told me that almost never a ban at AK is taken back. Almost never.

However, Dan is a great guy. But he is not capable of controlling his demons, and that destroys everything. Or in other words, he is a sort of Jekyll and Hyde case.

Okay then, let us move on...

Boreas
06-20-2015, 09:08 AM
I suppose that I am pretty familiar with Audiokarma. But a temporary ban over there, as it is practised here, is new to me. I have seen about ten AK'rs which I liked and had been banned, and none of them ever returned. Actually years before one of the moderators, I think it was Clay, told me that almost never a ban at AK is taken back. Almost never.

However, Dan is a great guy. But he is not capable of controlling his demons, and that destroys everything. Or in other words, he is a sort of Jekyll and Hyde case.

Okay then, let us move on...

I was given a 2 week "time out" at AK for responding to another member's political posts. Apparently, I was marked as "BANNED" during the period of my vacation. Minus 5 and KC may be experiencing a similar "punishment".

mpholland
06-20-2015, 09:15 AM
Usually the nose is only stuck in the corner for a brief duration.

HarmanKardon
06-20-2015, 12:05 PM
I was given a 2 week "time out" at AK for responding to another member's political posts. Apparently, I was marked as "BANNED" during the period of my vacation. Minus 5 and KC may be experiencing a similar "punishment".

I am not familiar with KC but I do not expect a return of Dan. We will see...

bobabode
04-20-2019, 12:36 AM

Regards,

D-Ray

Bears repeating.

Dude111
07-22-2019, 09:54 PM
Im sorry you guys are having these problems....... This is a good site and Grumpy doesnt ask anything except cleanliness and civilness here........

bobabode
01-09-2021, 05:01 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

Please read and please refrain from commenting on moderation. Thank you.

bobabode
04-01-2022, 12:16 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

A gentle reminder good people. Thank you.

bobabode
06-06-2022, 07:47 AM

Regards,

D-Ray

Once again for the spitballers in the back row. Cool it with the personal insults directed at other members or garner a timeout.
ps This goes for the oldtimers as well.

Not Insane
06-24-2022, 07:07 AM
I was a member on a political site that had a "no holds barred" attitude about ad-hom attacks. One day they changed their rules and no longer allowed ad-hom attacks. At first, people got one or two week suspensions, but eventually a lot of members simply went away. They could not argue politics/culture without calling their opponents names and most of their posts could be summarized as "You're wrong and you are stupid and/or evil."

The whole place changed. And here's how: The conservative voices got louder and more numerous, and the far left kids went away, leaving in their place, the thoughtful liberals that could actually form cohesive arguments and, as a bonus, actually post in complete sentences.

i.e. it was good all around and became, in many ways, a much better and fairer discussion of current events.

hjames
08-05-2022, 03:24 PM
Well, politeness is a winning strategy no matter what your political opinion!

Oerets
08-05-2022, 05:10 PM
Well, politeness is a winning strategy no matter what your political opinion!

_______

BlueStreak
08-13-2022, 11:44 PM
I was a member on a political site that had a "no holds barred" attitude about ad-hom attacks. One day they changed their rules and no longer allowed ad-hom attacks. At first, people got one or two week suspensions, but eventually a lot of members simply went away. They could not argue politics/culture without calling their opponents names and most of their posts could be summarized as "You're wrong and you are stupid and/or evil."

The whole place changed. And here's how: The conservative voices got louder and more numerous, and the far left kids went away, leaving in their place, the thoughtful liberals that could actually form cohesive arguments and, as a bonus, actually post in complete sentences.

i.e. it was good all around and became, in many ways, a much better and fairer discussion of current events.

In other words, it became another rightwing echo chamber for unsubstantiated looney-tune conspiracy theories to emanate from. I've been on those sites...... Hoo Wee, the things that come out of nowhere when the inmates are free to run unopposed in the asylum!:rolleyes:

ZeroJunk
10-03-2023, 02:38 PM
Most every post on here offends me LOL.

finnbow
10-03-2023, 03:38 PM

You a perfect reflection of modern American conservatism -outraged at all sorts of stupid shit, but too dumb to know why.

Rajoo
10-03-2023, 04:13 PM

Subject matter, content or verbage?
And for quicker transaction, get a portable mouse, faster and more accurate.