PDA

View Full Version : Brown isnt Olbermans kind of guy......

Writewing
01-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Now it could be Keith is off his Lithium again or maybe Scott Brown just needs a few tweaks to his resume to be Olberman's kind of guy.
“In short in Scott Brown we have an irresponsible homophobic racist reactionary ex-nude-model tea-bagging supporter of violence against women and against politicians with whom he disagrees. In any other time in our history this man would have been laughed off the stage as an unqualified and disaster in the making by the most conservative of conservatives. Instead the commonwealth of Massachusetts is close to sending this bad joke to the Senate of the United States.”
Looks like if he added Alcoholism, murder, potential treason, and educational fraud (booted from Harvard for buying a test) to his resume he would be Olberman's hero just as Ted Kennedy was. Is this an insane point for me to make?......, you bet but its no more insane than what Keith said, its also no more immature or inappropriate. Keith set the bar, I just try to limbo under it.:)

Boreas
01-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Looks like if he added Alcoholism, murder, potential treason, and educational fraud (booted from Harvard for buying a test) to his resume he would be Olberman's hero just as Ted Kennedy was. Is this an insane point for me to make?......, you bet but its no more insane than what Keith said, its also no more immature or inappropriate. Keith set the bar, I just try to limbo under it.:)

So, your point is that you and Olbermann are both assholes? I doubt you'll get much of an argument from anyone here on that.

John

noonereal
01-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Now it could be Keith is off his Lithium again or maybe Scott Brown just needs a few tweaks to his resume to be Olberman's kind of guy.
“In short in Scott Brown we have an irresponsible homophobic racist reactionary ex-nude-model tea-bagging supporter of violence against women and against politicians with whom he disagrees. In any other time in our history this man would have been laughed off the stage as an unqualified and disaster in the making by the most conservative of conservatives. Instead the commonwealth of Massachusetts is close to sending this bad joke to the Senate of the United States.”

You don't think much of the high road do you?

Writewing
01-20-2010, 09:36 PM
So your calling me an asshole now, you are nothing but a miserable little man who plays tough behind your keyboards protection. It is said that profane name calling is the substitute for true intelligence, but if that makes you feel tough or superior to another good luck with your pathetic life and its empty void that makes you so bitter.

Boreas
01-20-2010, 09:42 PM
So your calling me an asshole now,

I think it's a pretty fair description of a person who throws around insults and grotesque accusations about a great American who recently died and of a person whose signature line is one of the most offensive I have ever read.

It is said that profane name calling is the substitute for true intelligence,

You mean name calling like murderer, traitor, alcoholic and fraud?

John

Writewing
01-20-2010, 09:48 PM
I think it's a pretty fair description of a person who throws around insults and grotesque accusations about a great American who recently died and of a person whose signature line is one of the most offensive I have ever read.

John

I guess if you cant come up with anything smart to say asshole will do in a pinch.

Fast_Eddie
01-20-2010, 09:49 PM
It's fun to make fun of dead people! Weeeh! We Republicans are a real caring lot. Sure, piss on Ted's grave. Everyone else has.

Writewing
01-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I wonder if Mary Jo Kopechne's family thinks of him as a "great American"?

finnbow
01-20-2010, 10:03 PM
The paragon of right-wing virtue, Glenn Beck, had some equally unpleasant things (http://rawstory.com/2010/01/beck-rips-brown-could-end-with-dead-intern/) to say about Brown, implying that Brown was dangerous and may end up killing an intern. This unsavory accusation sounds at least as bad as that offered up by Olberman. Your outrage over the rabid, inane blathering of cable/talk radio personalities is a bit selective, methinks.

Writewing
01-20-2010, 10:08 PM
The paragon of right-wing virtue, Glenn Beck, had some equally unpleasant things (http://rawstory.com/2010/01/beck-rips-brown-could-end-with-dead-intern/) to say about Brown, implying that Brown was dangerous and may end up killing an intern. This unsavory accusation sounds at least as bad as that offered up by Olberman. Your outrage over the rabid, inane blathering of cable/talk radio personalities is a bit selective, methinks.

You have me wrong, I am far from outraged infact I thought it was comical and enjoyed pointing out the continued hypocricy that is a hallmark of MSNBC and the far Left.

Boreas
01-20-2010, 10:10 PM
The paragon of right-wing virtue, Glenn Beck, had some equally unpleasant things to say about Brown, implying that Brown was dangerous and may end up killing an intern.

You know, it would take a fair amount to convince me that this wasn't a veiled attack on Joe Scarborough who has been pretty critical of Beck.

John

Writewing
01-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey Finn I read that link and I can only hope that Brown does not indeed kill an intern but if he does then Ted may potentially be dethroned as a scumbag killer but it would take alot to overcome his benchmark.
When you leave a woman in a car filling with water, go to your hotel and chat it up with a hotel worker while a 28yr old woman lives her last couple of hours (noted by coroner) in a small airpocket as Kennedy slept off his intoxication one would think Brown would have some work cut out for him.

finnbow
01-20-2010, 10:18 PM
You have me wrong, I am far from outraged infact I thought it was comical and enjoyed pointing out the continued hypocricy that is a hallmark of MSNBC and the far Left.

I don't really see the hypocrisy in Olberman's comments, just bad taste and an uncivil manner. I seem to remember a recent post in which you stated that you liked or agreed with about 75% of the programming on the Fox News Channel. This puts you in a decidedly uncomfortable position with respect to criticizing another network for tastelessness or hypocrisy.

davidb
01-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Can't we all just get along and get the real assholes out of Washington? If the pres had done what he promised we would not know who Brown is. I didn't vote for obama but when he was elected I tried to get behind him. After one year I can't think of one thing he has done. Good or bad. He's just there giving the same old tired speech. Change?

finnbow
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
You know, it would take a fair amount to convince me that this wasn't a veiled attack on Joe Scarborough who has been pretty critical of Beck.

John

It was actually Beck's response to the part of Brown's acceptance speech in which he joked with the audience that both of his daughters were "available." I guess pimping for your daughters is considered to be in poor taste by the party of "family values."

noonereal
01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey Finn I read that link and I can only hope that Brown does not indeed kill an intern but if he does then Ted may potentially be dethroned as a scumbag killer but it would take alot to overcome his benchmark.
When you leave a woman in a car filling with water, go to your hotel and chat it up with a hotel worker while a 28yr old woman lives her last couple of hours (noted by coroner) in a small airpocket as Kennedy slept off his intoxication one would think Brown would have some work cut out for him.

Yeah, you are low road all the way.

noonereal
01-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Can't we all just get along and ...

We pretty much did prior to January 5th.

Fast_Eddie
I wonder if Mary Jo Kopechne's family thinks of him as a "great American"?

Irony.

And yet Bush was President, live in the past or step into the here and now with sometihng more than a guess of what may have happened and tired old bitching about an Election almost a decade ago.

So which is it? Here and now or live in the past? I went back a decade. How far did you go?

You're a jack ass.

finnbow
We pretty much did prior to January 5th.

True dat.

Writewing
01-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Irony.

So which is it? Here and now or live in the past? I went back a decade. How far did you go?

You're a jack ass.

I will take Jack ass over killer anyday

Boreas
01-20-2010, 10:28 PM
It was actually Beck's response to the part of Brown's acceptance speech in which he joked with the audience that both of his daughters were "available."

Oh, I realize that but how does that lead, even in Beck's fevered brain, to dead interns? On the other hand, when Scarborough was a Congressman one of his interns was found dead in his offices.

John

finnbow
01-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Oh, I realize that but how does that lead, even in Beck's fevered brain, to dead interns? On the other hand, when Scarborough was a Congressman one of his interns was found dead in his offices.

John

Could be. I also heard of some possible connection (in Beck's mind) to the Condit/Chandra Levy case, even though Condit was exonerated and the real killer found. I guess it's risky business to try to attribute rational thinking to Beck.

Boreas
01-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Could be. I also heard of some possible connection (in Beck's mind) to the Condit/Chandra Levy case, even though Condit was exonerated and the real killer found. I guess it's risky business to try to attribute rational thinking to Beck.

Lord, that man is deranged!

Hey, why don't we start a rumor that teenager Beck drowned his mother and her lover.

Oh, wait!

John

d-ray657
01-20-2010, 10:44 PM
It was actually Beck's response to the part of Brown's acceptance speech in which he joked with the audience that both of his daughters were "available." I guess pimping for your daughters is considered to be in poor taste by the party of "family values."

If she's truly available, I've heard of another beefcake model who has freed himself from his former entanglements. He might have to make some child support payments, but he would fit right in with the family.

Regards,

D-Ray

Writewing
01-20-2010, 10:46 PM
If she's truly available, I've heard of another beefcake model who has freed himself from his former entanglements. He might have to make some child support payments, but he would fit right in with the family.

Regards,

D-Ray

Who John Edwards?

d-ray657
01-20-2010, 10:47 PM
I heard . . . (in Beck's mind)

I thought the only thing you could hear in there was an echo.:D:

Regards,

D-Ray

Writewing
01-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Oh hahha its that dude who shacked up with Palins kid, better hurry he is at 14:58:)

d-ray657
01-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Oh hahha its that dude who shacked up with Palins kid, better hurry he is at 14:58:)

Dang man, that's two good ones on one day. Only 242 to make up for now.

Regards,

D-Ray

Writewing
01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh you forget I cant stand Palin but 241 with a bullet!

merrylander
01-21-2010, 07:11 AM

I hope all you good people realize that Beck, et. al. are only dancing to the puppetmaster's strings. Murdoch is a melomaniac who envisages himself sitting atop the world media conglomerate. The only reason he shills for the right wing is because he knows they will kiss his arse but the lefties will not. We really should change his name to Gepetto.:rolleyes: