PDA

View Full Version : The Yellowstone theroy

stereorob2.0
07-16-2014, 11:11 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/supervolcano-world-altering-doomsday-eruption-could-happen-us

Some say that it will take a cataclysmic event to trigger martial law, open the FEMA camps, and end America. I'd say the Yellowstone eruption is probably the most realistic scenario for this to actually..

Rajoo
07-16-2014, 11:35 AM
What's with all this gloom and doom. Drives a person to seek religion. :)

piece-itpete
07-16-2014, 11:41 AM
kaBOOM! I hope we never see Yellowstone blow. And those darn Illuminati, who do they think they are?

Pete

merrylander
07-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Krakatoa anyone?

icenine
07-16-2014, 11:49 AM
As long as we have the American dollar and people continue to believe in the full faith and credit of the United States we will be fine no matter what befalls us. I believe that the most important thing is our concept of the Nation and our adherence to the rule of law. That would be a very very hard thing to break down. We survived The American Revolution, the Civil War (which was the biggest threat to our nation's existence) and two world wars. A volcano eruption is not going to bring about your apocalyptic fantasies.

bobabode
07-16-2014, 11:50 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/supervolcano-world-altering-doomsday-eruption-could-happen-us

Some say that it will take a cataclysmic event to trigger martial law, open the FEMA camps, and end America. I'd say the Yellowstone eruption is probably the most realistic scenario for this to actually..

Sure, why not but I prefer the 'Lucifer's Hammer' scenario. A big ass comet will get us or that asteroid 'Apothis' or .....?

Then 'Obummer' can release his jack booted Black Panther minions and finally kill off all the crackas. :rolleyes: I read it at WND.com, so it must be true. :rolleyes:

donquixote99
07-16-2014, 11:57 AM

1. That examiner.com site is evil, in the amount of intrusive advertising it pushes.

2. If we need FEMA camps because of a supervolcano, you'll be glad if we have them.

3. Some say Obama has a secret plan to set the supervolcano off. Is the attribution to "some" authoritative enough to get you to believe it? (If so, that's one way you and I differ....)

icenine
07-16-2014, 12:06 PM
To paraphrase the great American Democratic President Franklin D. Roosevelt "The only thing we have to fear is Stereorob2.0...."

Oerets
07-16-2014, 09:09 PM
I remember when Mt Saint Helens went boom and in Winchester KY we had a quarter inch of ash on the VW's afterwards . Can only imagine what Yellowstone would leave.

It is shown to blow what on average every 600K years, and we are half way between. IIRC.

Barney

stereorob2.0
07-16-2014, 10:16 PM
I remember when Mt Saint Helens went boom and in Winchester KY we had a quarter inch of ash on the VW's afterwards . Can only imagine what Yellowstone would leave.

It is shown to blow what on average every 600K years, and we are half way between. IIRC.

Barney

Well.. What if we live to 300k years old?!!! Then what?!:D

nailer
07-16-2014, 10:47 PM
It's the zombie threat that keeps me awake at night.

piece-itpete
07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
700,000 years, and it's been 640,000 :D

We might never recover: http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~leeman/YNPashcomp.jpg

I'm not too worried about the coming zombie apocalypse, I think they'd probably starve :o

Pete

Oerets
07-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Going from memory with just my first cup of coffee staring back at me. An statistics were never my thing. More abstract thinker.

But the wiki on Yellowstone says an eruption 2.1M 1.3M and 640K years ago. So if it was 800K between the 2.1M and 3.1M I don't think it will happen soon.

Just funny how some science is believed and another study is not.

Barney

piece-itpete
07-17-2014, 09:39 AM
I just took 2.1 divided by 3 :) It's all hit or miss anyway, not predictable like say gravity. Don't mean to seem contrary, I know you were talking off the cuff. It's interesting imo.

'Hit or miss', there's a good end of civilization asteroid saying :o

Pete

Tom Joad
07-29-2014, 02:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbzIVR1OaAY

bobabode
07-29-2014, 03:19 PM
Time to make a sacrifice to the goddess Pele, I nominate Pete. :D

That'll reverse global warming. :rolleyes:

icenine
07-29-2014, 04:06 PM
As a government employee my job will be handing out basketballs at the FEMA camp gym.

bobabode
07-29-2014, 06:26 PM
As a government employee my job will be handing out basketballs at the FEMA camp gym.

Can I run the backhoe? :)

Pio1980
07-29-2014, 06:31 PM

Relax, it's not THAT kind of hoe.:o

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

icenine
07-29-2014, 07:26 PM

As long as you throw some Merle Haggard and Radioheadm in with the JA and Little Feat lol;)