PDA

View Full Version : Obamas 500 promises kept, broken and in the works

Writewing
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Interesting read, nothing more on my part than to pass this list on to review, the good the bad and the ugly.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/

Fast_Eddie
01-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I just looked at the graph, but I'd say for one year in that's a fair record. How many promises did Bush keep?

Writewing
01-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I was not putting it up for a debate, just simply posted what I thought was an interesting read, I would say he may be slightly behind schedule if you do go with 25% of his term is over making 125 the goal for being on pace.
Bush made broke and kept many aswell, same old same old.

Fast_Eddie
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
I was not putting it up for a debate, just simply posted what I thought was an interesting read, I would say he may be slightly behind schedule if you do go with 25% of his term is over making 125 the goal for being on pace.
Bush made broke and kept many aswell, same old same old.

A lot of "in the works" there. Makes him look pretty good I think. It is interesting to see very specific ones that he simply did not do. The "State of the World" address. I never heard that one. But he didn't do it. Maybe he's just late- might hear it next week.

finnbow
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Par for the course. I put no faith in anyone's campaign promises. I judge by performance in office. By this measure, Obama still has a long way to fall (or fail) before he approaches Dubya's abysmal record.

Writewing
01-21-2010, 09:23 PM
A lot of "in the works" there. Makes him look pretty good I think. It is interesting to see very specific ones that he simply did not do. The "State of the World" address. I never heard that one. But he didn't do it. Maybe he's just late- might hear it next week.

State of the world kinda struck me as complete bullshit, I mean just turn on your news of choice and there it is right? I think he was over reaching a bit and his advisors may have reminded him he isnt the President of the world.

Fast_Eddie
01-21-2010, 09:26 PM
his advisors may have reminded him he isnt the President of the world.

lol, could be.

BlueStreak
01-21-2010, 11:34 PM
He does semm to be a little "full of himself" at times. But I still think he gets way more flak than he actually deserves. But, I will not hypothisize on why I think that is right now, I'm too tired.

Dave

BlueStreak
01-21-2010, 11:39 PM
It just occured to me to ask y'all a question;

Do you think we will ever see a politician who will say, "I can't make any promises, but here is what I will work hard to accomplish......"

I guess I'm just a dreamer. So sue me.

Dave

Fast_Eddie
01-21-2010, 11:48 PM
That site is really cool. I shared it with some friends of mine. Pretty neat.

piece-itpete
01-22-2010, 07:56 AM
It just occured to me to ask y'all a question;

Do you think we will ever see a politician who will say, "I can't make any promises, but here is what I will work hard to accomplish......"

I guess I'm just a dreamer. So sue me.

Dave

"We" (plural) are too thick for that! 'No new taxes' or 'change' is about as far as we get.

Pete

Grumpy
01-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Transparency in gooberments, got me scratching my head. Unless he meant to say bar the doors and double the guards. Yeah thats the ticket.