PDA

View Full Version : John Edwards, the Left's Sarah Palin?

Writewing
01-22-2010, 01:39 AM
On Hardball today the topic of John Edwards came up with his surprise to noone revelation he fathered a love child. The author of "Game Change" was on the panel and Edwards was discussed and it wasnt very flattering.
It turns out Edwards didnt read any magazines (or anything for that matter) was said to be grossly uninformed on his policy push during his run for office with John Kerry in 2004 and was said to be sort of a joke in private circles.
Yet this guy too was a charmer, good looking and had a large level of popularity during his time in the spotlight.
It struck me how similar he and Palin are yet the media seemed ignorant if not indifferent to this buffoon even though he was potentially second in command of our country. Either the media didnt do its job or didnt care to, yet they pounced on Palin (rightfully so) and uncovered her lack of substance and ability to be a viable candidate when she was on a ticket.
So the Left is not much better than the Right but I wonder why didnt we really know it and if we did where was the outrage?????
Palin is an idiot and I am not a fan but I smell another double standard here.

Writewing
01-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Oh shit it just hit me, Palins baby is John Edwards' child!!!!!!!!
While I do sympathize with the childs disability and wish no child ot have to grow through that I could see how if you put these two idiots together the child would likely be doomed from the start.
Cue the Twilight Zone music, I smell a conspiracy. Ok gotta go, time to take my "Happy Place" pills:confused:

noonereal
01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
I certainly see what you mean but Sarah is in a league of her own.

Sandy G
01-22-2010, 08:55 AM
If Johnny-Boy hadn't got his Toe Caught in the Sheets, he would have been a campaign strategist's dream-Handsome, reasonably bright, relatively young, handsome, Southern, a bit of a lovable rogue, handsome...Remind you of anyone else we know? Oh, & Johnny-Boy had another thing going for him-a long-suffering wife who's gonna Kick the Bucket shortly, unlike Shrillary, who was there to carom expensive lamps offa Bubba's head...But Johnny-Boy's taste in "Other Women" was seemingly as deliciously Trashy as Bubba's was...I DO wish either Hillary or Mrs. Edwards had the "Nads" to have excised either one of these Lotharios' Yarbles out thru their throats, so as to teach them a lesson...

Fast_Eddie
01-22-2010, 09:01 AM
They may be similar, but there is one huge difference: there is now groundswell of Democrats who think he's fantastic and he is the leader of no popular movement. I would guess that if it were polled his chances of being elected President would be single digits.

finnbow
01-22-2010, 09:05 AM
I guess this shows that the becoming a charlatan is an equal-opportunity endeavor.

Boreas
01-22-2010, 09:19 AM
If Edwards had made any of the public missteps that Palin made the press would have been all over it. The public John Edwards was very polished and knew how to answer the press' questions but when the rumors started leaking out about the affair and the child the press were all over the story. Here we are almost two years after Edwards dropped out of the race and they're still talking about it.

John

Boreas
01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
They may be similar, but there is one huge difference: there is now groundswell of Democrats who think he's fantastic and he is the leader of no popular movement. I would guess that if it were polled his chances of being elected President would be single digits.

Within the margin of error for being zero.

John

merrylander
01-22-2010, 09:25 AM
The other difference between John and Bill was that he went looking for the woman but Bill's came looking for trouble, as she told her friend she was off to Washington to earn her presidential knee pads.

Sandy G
01-22-2010, 10:02 AM
I dunno, Rob, in all fairness to Johnny-Boy, I think Rielle had a pretty damn good idear of what SHE was up to as well..."Rielle"...Shit...that name, right there, shoulda told Johnny-Boy she was up to no good...Women are typically portrayed as The Victim in these kinds of things...I personally think that's a load if I ever heard it...There are as many "libertine" women out there as there are Lothario types...

BlueStreak
01-22-2010, 10:09 AM
John Edwards and Sarah Palin deserve each other. Although I tend to think Edwards is much smarter---he just can't keep his little soldier in the tent. Getting lots of pussy seems to be a problem with Democrats.:p

Dave

finnbow
01-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I dunno, Rob, in all fairness to Johnny-Boy, I think Rielle had a pretty damn good idear of what SHE was up to as well

It probably started out innocent enough - she was just seeking hair care advice.:D

merrylander
01-22-2010, 10:15 AM
John Edwards and Sarah Palin deserve each other. Although I tend to think Edwards is much smarter---he just can't keep his little soldier in the tent. Getting lots of pussy seems to be a problem with Democrats.:p

Dave

Whereas the other lot seems to be anal retentive.:rolleyes:

merrylander
01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
I dunno, Rob, in all fairness to Johnny-Boy, I think Rielle had a pretty damn good idear of what SHE was up to as well..."Rielle"...Shit...that name, right there, shoulda told Johnny-Boy she was up to no good...Women are typically portrayed as The Victim in these kinds of things...I personally think that's a load if I ever heard it...There are as many "libertine" women out there as there are Lothario types...

Maybe it is like the story I posted yesterday "We have already established that now we are haggling over the price".:rolleyes:

BlueStreak
01-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Whereas the other lot seems to be anal retentive.:rolleyes:

Or just plain anal, in airport restrooms.:p

Dave

Writewing
01-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Or just plain anal, in airport restrooms.:p

Dave

When you said that Barney Frank perked up and said "Thath thexy"