PDA

View Full Version : Faith-Based Fanatics

VanishingPoi
07-19-2014, 08:39 AM
This would be terribly funny if if were not so true....:(

He’s had a busy summer. As God only knows, he was summoned to slaughter in the Holy Land, asked to end the killings of Muslims by Buddhist monks in Myanmar, and played both sides again in the 1,400-year-old dispute over the rightful successor to the Prophet Muhammad.

In between, not much down time. Yes, the World Cup was fun, and God chose to mess with His Holinesses, pitting the team from Pope Francis’s Argentina against Germany, home of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. Well played, even if the better pope lost.

At least Rick Perry was not his usual time-suck. The governor proclaimed three days of prayer to end the Texas drought in 2011, saying, “I think it’s time for us to just hand it over to God, and say, ‘God: You’re going to have to fix this.’ ” The drought got worse. Two years ago, Perry said that God had not “changed his mind” about same-sex marriage. But the states have. Since Perry became a spokesman for the deity, the map of legalized gay marriage in America has expanded by 50 percent.

Continue... (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/19/opinion/timothy-egan-faith-based-fanatics.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=c-column-top-span-region&region=c-column-top-span-region&WT.nav=c-column-top-span-region&_r=0)

Dondilion
07-19-2014, 08:59 AM
The writer of the article ignore Goddess...gender bias?

VanishingPoi
07-19-2014, 09:01 AM
The writer of the article ignore Goddess...gender bias?

I have no idea your meaning. :confused:

Dondilion
07-19-2014, 09:23 AM
I have no idea your meaning. :confused:He only refer to God. Are there Goddesses?

BlueStreak
07-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Since Hobby Lobby can refuse to pay into Obamacare because cock scabbards violate their religious beliefs, can I refuse to pay into the Faith Based Initiative because some of it goes into religious organizations that I do not support?

Dondilion
07-19-2014, 09:35 AM
He only refer to God. Are there Goddesses?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goddess

Pio1980
07-19-2014, 09:35 AM
He only refer to God. Are there Goddesses?

Mmmm, let's see, for the wingnuts, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schafley, others as I'm sure I missed a few. With these as representative I can see how irrational it is not to be on board the Teapublican klown kar.
BTW, good article.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dondilion
07-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Mmmm, let's see, for the wingnuts, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schafley, others as I'm sure I missed a few. With these as representative I can see how irrational it is not to be on board the Teapublican klown kar.
BTW, good article.

Oh shit! :D

Pio1980
07-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Oh shit! :D

Indeed. I was trying out my purchased-new 1978 GE Superadio yesterday and picked up the EIB stand-in on a distant station, an ass with a Brit accent waxing every bit as ridiculous as the regular idiot. I find it incredible that any rational person wastes their time on this garbage but know a few Limbotomised dittiots myself.
I studied the 3rd Reich years ago mainly to determine Hitlers motive (very simply put, he envisioned himself the fated Teutonic/Aryan messiah and acted to fulfill his perceived destiny) and found the acceptance by an educated but desperate populace of his ideas thru himself and Josef Goebbles hard to understand beyond basic psychological manipulation. The hard won costly lessons of not-so-distant history are lost too soon.

BlueStreak
07-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Indeed. I was trying out my purchased-new 1978 GE Superadio yesterday and picked up the EIB stand-in on a distant station, an ass with a Brit accent waxing every bit as ridiculous as the regular idiot. I find it incredible that any rational person wastes their time on this garbage but know a few Limbotomised dittiots myself.
I studied the 3rd Reich years ago mainly to determine Hitlers motive (very simply put, he envisioned himself the fated Teutonic/Aryan messiah and acted to fulfill his perceived destiny) and found the acceptance by an educated but desperate populace of his ideas thru himself and Josef Goebbles hard to understand beyond basic psychological manipulation. The hard won costly lessons of not-so-distant history are lost too soon.

Do you mean to tell me that the pervasive notion spreading in this country by 24/7/365 media outlets such as EIB and FoxNews that it's unpatriotic to vote for anything but a Republican...............is mind control, Steve?

Wow, now that's just crazy enough to be true.;)

Dave

donquixote99
07-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Do you mean to tell me that the pervasive notion spreading in this country by 24/7/365 media outlets such as EIB and FoxNews that it's unpatriotic to vote for anything but a Republican...............is mind control, Steve?

Dave

If you define 'mind' sort of loosely....

VanishingPoi
07-19-2014, 11:27 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goddess

Since the one and only, I don't think there has been any Goddesses. They were eliminated when the one and only showed up.

VanishingPoi
07-19-2014, 11:32 AM
BTW, good article.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/hand-clap-smiley-emoticon.gif Got dat right!

donquixote99
07-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Since the one and only, I don't think there has been any Goddesses. They were eliminated when the one and only showed up.

Although the Catholics have made an effort to fill this void....

http://www.artbible.info/images/rafael_sistine_madonna_grt.jpg

BlueStreak
07-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Dave

If you define 'mind' sort of loosely....

Good point. "thought control', perhaps? Or maybe "involuntary brain synapse manipulation"?:p

Dave

nailer
07-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Although the Catholics have made an effort to fill this void....

http://www.artbible.info/images/rafael_sistine_madonna_grt.jpg

That would be the One True Church. :rolleyes:

Rafael inspired? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfthrizXKOM

donquixote99
07-19-2014, 12:16 PM
"Children (cherubs) at your feet...."

Pio1980
07-19-2014, 01:40 PM
"Children (cherubs) at your feet...."

Domestic cherubs or border jumpers? It seems to matter somehow.

Pio1980
07-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Are any of these folk rocking those WWJD things at their anti- emigration/border kids protests?

nailer
07-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Are any of these folk rocking those WWJD things at their anti- emigration/border kids protests?

If they are basing their faith on the verses quoted as Jesus' word they will say they would welcome the children. Difficulties arise in separating what Jesus of Nazareth said from the words of Christ. Then there's all that stuff Paul wrote ...

Rajoo
07-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks for a good article VP.

VanishingPoi
07-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks for a good article VP.

You are very welcome!