PDA

View Full Version : War and Peace: The Youth of Gaza

VanishingPoi
08-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Palestinians and Israelis cannot keep fighting for the rest of their lives; they must make peace.

I have lived and grown up in the Gaza Strip, one of the most dangerous places in the world. Despite only being 16 years old, I have seen death and destruction, and lived through tough experiences that are full of painful memories. I wanted to write this so I can show the world a different view of people in Gaza, especially the youth.

The struggle between Palestinians and Israelis has been going on for over 60 years. However, I believe that nothing is permanent — one day, there will be peace. Actually, I think it’s possible to make peace at any point, if the will is there.

I have left Gaza only once in my life to visit Europe via Israel and Jordan. On route, I went to have lunch in an Israeli restaurant. When I paid the bill, the cashier, who was Israeli, couldn’t believe I came from Gaza. The look on his face made me feel like I was an alien or something, but I shook his hand and we shared some laughs. It made me feel so relaxed because, at the end of the day, we are both human and have the same simple desires of life: We want to grow up, have a job and live a peaceful life full of joy. This encounter made me feel hopeful that one day peace will be achieved.

But the problem is the Israeli blockade of Gaza as it doesn’t allow Palestinians to go outside the territory, especially the youth. What the entire world sees in Gaza in terms of resistance and extremists is a consequence of the siege — and occupation — because the situation in the Strip is extremely difficult.

http://www.fairobserver.com/region/middle_east_north_africa/war-peace-youth-gaza-66701/

VanishingPoi
08-02-2014, 10:46 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152217542668837

VanishingPoi
08-02-2014, 11:03 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152217542668837

"There are no winners, only losers" "No points, no scores"

I cried when I heard those words.

donquixote99
08-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Very affecting stuff. Ordinary, compassionate human feeling.

Alas, hate is ordinary too.

VanishingPoi
08-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Very affecting stuff. Ordinary, compassionate human feeling.

Alas, hate is ordinary too.

Unfortunately, compassion is one of doe's higher level emotions (I think). I don't have any research, I am making that up but it is a neat question.

bobabode
08-02-2014, 02:44 PM

Me too. Brave gal there.

Pio1980
08-03-2014, 09:41 AM

Hamas apparently isn't listening as it doesn't serve their agenda.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

donquixote99
08-03-2014, 10:08 AM
And the inmates of Gaza deserve whatever they get, because they support the 'fuck the screws' party.

BlueStreak
08-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Maybe there is hope for the future?

Naw. In 20 years, she'll have a high paying job and she'll see how shitting down the throats of weaker people is how the system she prospers from sustains itself. And, if she's typical of those in Judeo-Christian society, she'll look the other way and keep quiet.

I hope not.

Dave