PDA

View Full Version : Undermining Public Health Mission.

Dondilion
08-04-2014, 08:28 AM
The CIA used vaccination programs to gather intelligence which eventually undermined the programs. Now it is revealed that USAID used its AIDS prevention program to front fomentation of instability in Cuba.

Dumb, dumb, dumb!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/us-latin-youth-undercover-anti-cuban-ploy-24828609?page=3

finnbow
08-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I think they did the same thing in Pakistan.

Dondilion
08-04-2014, 12:38 PM
I think they did the same thing in Pakistan.

Indeed!

As to Cuba just end the embargo and Castro and his system would be in trouble.

finnbow
08-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Indeed!

As to Cuba just end the embargo and Castro and his system would be in trouble.

As would any politician pandering for votes in south Florida.:(

Dondilion
08-04-2014, 12:59 PM
As would any politician pandering for votes in south Florida.:(

A bold politician could do well there. South Florida has changed. For instance there are more Puerto Ricans who do not like the old guard Cubans, and the young Cubans are not so rigid.

finnbow
08-04-2014, 01:56 PM
A bold politician could do well there. South Florida has changed. For instance there are more Puerto Ricans who do not like the old guard Cubans, and the young Cubans are not so rigid.

We can only hope. I'd like to be able to travel to Cuba without all the required (expensive) cultural overlay required by the State Dept.

piece-itpete
08-04-2014, 02:54 PM
I heard it's pretty simple, you go through a third country.

I bet it'd be great.

Pete

finnbow
08-04-2014, 03:24 PM
I heard it's pretty simple, you go through a third country.

I bet it'd be great.

Pete

My nephew went down there doing his graduate research and ended up meeting a really nice gal that he married and brought back to the US. He goes back there frequently. In addition to now being a PhD in cultural geography (and university professor), he's a really terrific percussionist and studied Latin percussion with one of the famed Cuban musicians who recorded Buena Vista Social Club with Ry Cooder.

piece-itpete
08-04-2014, 03:32 PM
That is awesome!

I'd love to visit before the Americans screw it all up :)

Pete

bobabode
08-04-2014, 03:34 PM
That is awesome!

I'd love to visit before the Americans screw it all up :)

Pete

Pre Castro American cars sans rust, eh Pete? :D