PDA

View Full Version : An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israel

VanishingPoi
08-05-2014, 09:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXAm-OylQQ

Miko Peled was born in Jersusalem into a famous and influential Israeli Zionist family. His father was a famous General in the Israeli Army, of which Miko also served his time. When Miko's niece was killed by Palestinian suicide bombers, you may have expected the family to put Palestinians at fault, but surprisingly they blamed the state of Israel, and their violent torturing and persecution for driving people to such sadness that they would take their own lives.

Through his father's deep knowledge of the Israeli war of terror, together with his own research, Miko Peled ruins the myths surrounding the Israel and Palestine situation, and delivers a truth so damning that many Jews and Israel supporters will not be able to bear it. He reveals facts such as the original expelled Jews are not the ones returning, and they are not their descendants either, covers the double standards regarding the right of return, which doesn't apply to Palestinians, and dispels the myth that there has been a conflict for ages by producing proof that it was peaceful up until 1947 when Israel launched their illegal attacks.

Miko is just one of the many modern day Jews against Zionism and the state of Israel, and with the information he delivers in this astounding talk, it is not difficult to see why more and more Jews are rejecting Zionism and calling for the dismantling of Israel. It is a true eye-opener for anyone who has for too long been blinded by the fake misinformation given by the mainstream media, and the truths come straight from the heartland where he has spent many years documenting the real story.

4-2-7
08-05-2014, 09:16 PM
And above all what he says is the "Truth" because?

VanishingPoi
08-05-2014, 09:23 PM

It is definitely his truth, that is for sure.

VanishingPoi
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
He wrote an entire book about it.

HarmanKardon
08-06-2014, 12:23 AM
Look at this picture, Dan. This is the ugly face of a lousy rotten liar.

Come on man... :rolleyes:

HarmanKardon
08-06-2014, 12:25 AM
We are surrounded by desintegrity - does that mean that there is no integrity at all anymore? No.

HarmanKardon
08-06-2014, 12:41 AM

Just ordered the book via amazon. Thanks VP.

Rajoo
08-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Here is an opposing view.

Earlier today the Times of Israel published the article “When Genocide is Permissible” by Yochanan Gordon. They have since taken it down but we are republishing it here as representative of part of the discourse in the American Jewish community. According to Gordon’s bio at the Times of Israel his father is the founder of The Five Towns Jewish Times in Nassau County, NY which is “committed to showing the best of our Orthodox Jewish community, while reflecting reality.” The article is still posted there.

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/08/yochanan-genocide-permissible.html

HarmanKardon
08-06-2014, 03:19 AM
Gordon's twitter account has been deleted - very interesting!

donquixote99
08-06-2014, 05:03 AM
Here is an opposing view.

Earlier today the Times of Israel published the article “When Genocide is Permissible” by Yochanan Gordon. They have since taken it down but we are republishing it here as representative of part of the discourse in the American Jewish community. According to Gordon’s bio at the Times of Israel his father is the founder of The Five Towns Jewish Times in Nassau County, NY which is “committed to showing the best of our Orthodox Jewish community, while reflecting reality.” The article is still posted there.

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/08/yochanan-genocide-permissible.html

Gordon's argument is based on premises widely believed and shared by Israelis and their apologists. These include, quoting Gordon's piece:

1. "We are at war with an enemy whose charter calls for the annihilation of our people."

2. "...falsehood and deceit is part of the very fabric of who they [Gazans] are and that will never change."

3. "...anyone who lives with rocket launchers installed or terror tunnels burrowed in or around the vicinity of their home cannot be considered an innocent civilian."

This aim of Hamas claimed in point 1. is taken as absolute, unalterable, and unquestionable. It likewise is treated as an immediate threat, despite Hamas's utter inability to carry out such an aim. The ideas that Hamas might have other aims as well, that such other aims might conflict with the annihilation aim and mitigate it, that the individuals who are collectively called Hamas all have individual motivations and values that all vary, or that such aims might vary under varying times and circumstances, are all rejected.

The reason for the rejection of all question of the annihilation aim, and much else, can be seen in point 2. It is believed that the Gazan enemy is unlike other human beings. While most people are only dishonest sometimes and can indeed change, the Gazans are believed to be unalterably corrupt in their nature. So anything said by Gazans can be disregarded, if it conflicts with one's own beliefs. One may assume they are lying. Likewise, it is obviously useless to negotiate with them in any sense, since they will lie and they will not change. Point 2. asserts nothing less than the belief that the Gazans are not really human, but a special, evil breed of humanoid, unlike one's own acquaintances or any other group of people on the planet.

Point 3. is the collective guilt belief, and it follows easily from points one and two. First of all, all Gazans are guilty of thoughtcrime, since they all believe in the annihilation aim and are all corrupt in their nature. But further, any Gazan who by some inconceivable chance escapes guilt on the first counts is still guilty, since it is their individual responsibility to stop the armed forces of Hamas from carrying out operations in their vicinity.

That the three points are bigoted claptrap is self-evident. But if one does believe them, they logically and immediately lead to when Gordon goes--to justification of genocide. And while most apologists for the Gazan Punitive Expedition shrink back from stating this conclusion explicitly and boldly, most will indeed, explicitly, make arguments equivalent to the three points.

piece-itpete
08-06-2014, 07:34 AM
#1 is correct. Hamas wouldn't stop if settlements pulled out for the West Bank - they want Israel gone and make no bones about it.

Here's another take from inside Hamas. The left has some interesting bedfellows.

"......

“Hamas does not care about the lives of Palestinians, or the lives of Israelis, or Americans; they don’t care about their own lives,” Yousef told CNN in a recent interview. “They consider dying for their ideology a way of worship.”

........."

http://nypost.com/2014/07/30/israel-praised-by-hamas-co-founders-son/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosab_Hassan_Yousef

Pete

BlueStreak
08-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Israel; When the oppressed become the oppressor.

I have no sympathy for Israel. It was a stupid idea, based on fairytales, that has been more headache than it's worth. Zionism is bigoted, religion based garbage and it needs to lose our support, once and for all.

Dave

BlueStreak
08-06-2014, 07:41 AM
#1 is correct. Hamas wouldn't stop if settlements pulled out for the West Bank - they want Israel gone and make no bones about it.

Pete

Of course they do. Why wouldn't they?

Israel SHOULD go and good riddance to it.

Dave

VanishingPoi
08-06-2014, 08:27 AM

Here's another take from inside Hamas. The left has some interesting bedfellows.

"......

“Hamas does not care about the lives of Palestinians, or the lives of Israelis, or Americans; they don’t care about their own lives,” Yousef told CNN in a recent interview. “They consider dying for their ideology a way of worship.”

........."

Pete

Hamas, Benghazi, Hamas, Benghazi. I don't need to read the links because I know right from wrong. That is all I need to know. More than One Thousand Eight Hundred human women, children (Mostly), have been wiped from the face of this earth.

The blame shifters never cease to amaze and never ever disappoint.

4-2-7
08-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Hamas, Benghazi, Hamas, Benghazi. I don't need to read the links because I know right from wrong. That is all I need to know. More than One Thousand Eight Hundred human women, children (Mostly), have been wiped from the face of this earth.

The blame shifters never cease to amaze and never ever disappoint.

In other words it right for Hamas to launch rockets into a country's civilian population indascrimitatly. :rolleyes:

The truth is Isreal can wipe Hamas off the face of this earth and don't, Hamas would love to have this capability. The only thing Hamas can do I is sneak around hiding behind women and children letting them die in the conflict they alone start. Then send out the propaganda for Kool aid drinkers like yourself to get drunk on.

I think it would be good for you to read something other than what you are.

donquixote99
08-06-2014, 08:54 AM

"......

........."

Pete

'Bedfellows' is a metaphor and like all metaphors proves nothing. I am on record as advocating a total opposite approach from Hammas's violence.

Hamas will change or die. What doesn't? The fairytale 'exestential threat' from Hamas is used, by bigots, to justify bigotry. Collective guilt and collective punishment are still wrong, as wrong as anti-Semitism.

piece-itpete
08-06-2014, 10:55 AM
I hereby retract 'bedfellows' DQ, because I know you do indeed wish the Palestinians would change their approach :)

As do I. If they could pull off acting like Caesars Wife for just a couple years! the international pressure on Israel would be overwhelming. Americans and Europeans would be hugging them in the streets :D

That said I believe Israel has the right to go after the rockets and ones who fire them, and the tunnels/ones who build them.

Pete

Dondilion
08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
The Three Big Lies Supporting Israeli War In Gaza.

http://theweek.com/article/index/265798/the-3-big-lies-supporting-israels-war-in-gaza

Rajoo
08-06-2014, 11:25 AM

........."

Pete

True. I believe this comes from the concept of Islamic Jihad, Jihad of the Sword. What I can comprehend from the Jihad of the Sword is that the Jihadists are fighting against injustice. And for all I know (I am no expert nor have studied Islam), Hamas looks at Israel as a land that was taken away from the Palestinians so by fighting Israel and dying, they become martyrs.

donquixote99
08-06-2014, 12:24 PM
I hereby retract 'bedfellows' DQ, because I know you do indeed wish the Palestinians would change their approach :)

As do I. If they could pull off acting like Caesars Wife for just a couple years! the international pressure on Israel would be overwhelming. Americans and Europeans would be hugging them in the streets :D

That said I believe Israel has the right to go after the rockets and ones who fire them, and the tunnels/ones who build them.

Pete

Oh, I think something different than 'Ceasar's wife' would be needed. Non-violent non-cooperation. It would involve getting in the way a lot. It would involve taking losses.

piece-itpete
08-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Losses? How now, brown cow? :o

Pete

Ike Bana
08-07-2014, 02:56 PM

Yeh...so did L. Ron Hubbard, who went this guy one better by writing an entire book telling everybody the truth about everything.

Ike Bana
08-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Israel SHOULD go and good riddance to it.

Dave

Hey Dave! Remember the LA riots after the acquittal of the cops who beat the spit out of Rodney? I'm sure you do. But do ya remember that vicious motherfucker Damian "Football" Williams who caved in the side of trucker Reginald Denny's head with a brick? I have a point to make if you'll bear with me a minute.

So a week or so later, they track down Football and former police chief Daryl Gates who's career was by that time completely ruined, figures he's gonna get some pub he needs by personally arresting Football. It was pretty uneventful with exception of the brief exchange between Football and Gates just prior to tossing Football into the patrol car.

Football, "You're goin' Gates, you're goin'!!!"
Gates, "Yeah...yeah Football, I'm goin', but you're goin' first."

There's a whole list of countries that should go Dave, and most of them...including this one (if we're gonna honestly consider histories of oppression and total body count of innocent civilians), should be going first.

donquixote99
08-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Losses? How now, brown cow? :o

Pete

I'm sorry, but I find it completely impossible to imagine you actually want some sort of answer.

piece-itpete
08-07-2014, 03:24 PM
As you wish.

I'm actually getting tired of the argument, I mean overall not you or the topic. I sometimes enjoy a good debate but there's something about the internet that makes everything seem extreme or perhaps pushes it to the extreme.

Maybe a beer would do it.

Pete

donquixote99
08-07-2014, 03:48 PM
As you wish.

I'm actually getting tired of the argument, I mean overall not you or the topic. I sometimes enjoy a good debate but there's something about the internet that makes everything seem extreme or perhaps pushes it to the extreme.

Maybe a beer would do it.

Pete

I think good old text effect is what you and I are dealing with here. You wanted to ask 'how.' I felt casting the question in that bit of rhyme was cute to the point of disrespect. Probably not what you intended, but that's what i got from it. So I toss back a bit of pomposity, which probably made a bigger splat than I intended, on your end.

text effect. negative impact magnified.

I'd say in this case, a beer would surely improve matters, and be otherwise good.

piece-itpete
08-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Sold! And as stated it wasn't really you, if that matters :o Cheers.

Pete

VanishingPoi
08-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Yeh...so did L. Ron Hubbard, who went this guy one better by writing an entire book telling everybody the truth about everything.

I don't see your point. I never said it was the truth (but I do tend to agree), I said it was His truth.

bobabode
08-07-2014, 08:37 PM
I think good old text effect is what you and I are dealing with here. You wanted to ask 'how.' I felt casting the question in that bit of rhyme was cute to the point of disrespect. Probably not what you intended, but that's what i got from it. So I toss back a bit of pomposity, which probably made a bigger splat than I intended, on your end.

text effect. negative impact magnified.

I'd say in this (a) case a beer would surely improve matters, and be otherwise good.

I'm in. I'll buy the first 'un, Modelo Negro OK? :)

Pio1980
08-07-2014, 08:41 PM
I don't see your point. I never said it was the truth (but I do tend to agree), I said it was His truth.

Didn't he say something about starting a religion to make a killing fleecing people?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

donquixote99
08-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Or a fleecing killing people? Plenty enough have done it that way....

Ike Bana
08-07-2014, 10:17 PM

It's not a particularly complicated point is it. And it was L. Ron Hubbard's truth. So what? Because Miko is a Jew his truth means anything more than Bibi's truth, or anybody else's truth?

Maybe we should all be touting Allen West's truth about poor black people because Allen West is an honest American black man.:rolleyes:

piece-itpete
08-08-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm in. I'll buy the first 'un, Modelo Negro OK? :)

As my black friends would say, why's it gotta be black? :D Cheers.

Pete

Pio1980
08-08-2014, 10:49 AM

Pete

Because Henry Ford supposedly said "You can have it in any color, as long as it's black".

Tom Joad
08-08-2014, 02:42 PM

Pete

http://blackpeopleloveus.com/

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Dog_of_the_Earth/raisintheroof.jpg (http://s843.photobucket.com/user/Dog_of_the_Earth/media/raisintheroof.jpg.html)

piece-itpete
08-08-2014, 03:04 PM
ROTFLMAO!! "Excuse me, I speak jive" :D

http://www.sanitaryum.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/tumblr_lz1ctyQEtm1qdqr1xo1_1280.jpg

Pete

bobabode
08-08-2014, 03:07 PM

Pete

You have friends? :rolleyes:

Modelo Negro is a Viennese lager 5.6 ABV introduced to Mexico by friends of Emperor Max. Perfect for a good morning beer buzz. ;)

piece-itpete
08-08-2014, 03:08 PM
[deadpan] I'll be right over.

:D

Pete

VanishingPoi
08-08-2014, 09:46 PM

Pete
Do your black friends know what you post here? Very curious?

VanishingPoi
08-08-2014, 09:48 PM
It's not a particularly complicated point is it. And it was L. Ron Hubbard's truth. So what? Because Miko is a Jew his truth means anything more than Bibi's truth, or anybody else's truth?

Maybe we should all be touting Allen West's truth about poor black people because Allen West is an honest American black man.:rolleyes:

What is L Ron Hubbards truth as you see it? What is your truth?

Pio1980
08-08-2014, 09:56 PM

The way I see it is that he agreed with Lenin on religion being the opiate of the people, and that one could get fabulously wealthy making one up and peddling it in the right way.

4-2-7
08-08-2014, 09:56 PM

To tell the truth I like your post because it's the truth.:D

4-2-7
08-08-2014, 10:03 PM

He just gave you the truth and to be quite honest truth has its faults mainly from the sceptic.:rolleyes:

bobabode
08-08-2014, 11:40 PM

Pete

There will be bourbon too, Old Weller Antique 107. ;)

donquixote99
08-08-2014, 11:46 PM
There's only one truth, and it doesn't belong to anybody.

It is the universal solvent, cleaning away the centuries of superstition and stories.

bobabode
08-08-2014, 11:53 PM

It is the universal solvent, cleaning away the centuries of superstition and stories.

That would be door number one, KSBW. :cool:

4-2-7
08-09-2014, 01:59 AM

Incorrect and not truthful, behold your title to this thread and the reasoning behind my first comment.

An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israel

Rajoo
08-09-2014, 07:09 AM

Truth is often based on our perception of what we believe is true. This then becomes our truth . There is the universal truth which no one can agree on since we all have our own perceptions. So there is the truth as we know it and the real truth that is so elusive it's nowhere to be found.

donquixote99
08-09-2014, 07:57 AM
However, some perceptions are a lot more evidence-based than others. 'Truth' claims contrary to evidence can be dismissed. All truth claims are not equal; mine may be a lot better than L. Ron Hubbard's.

For example, I dismiss claims that persons of certain ethnic groups are more dishonest and more bloodthirsty than other human beings. I base this on considerable evidence of dishonesty and bloodthirstyness occurring in all groups, and also evidence that hatred of enemies distorts perceptions.

VanishingPoi
08-09-2014, 09:18 AM
However, some perceptions are a lot more evidence-based than others. 'Truth' claims contrary to evidence can be dismissed. All truth claims are not equal; mine may be a lot better than L. Ron Hubbard's.

For example, I dismiss claims that persons of certain ethnic groups are more dishonest and more bloodthirsty than other human beings. I base this on considerable evidence of dishonesty and bloodthirstyness occurring in all groups, and also evidence that hatred of enemies distorts perceptions.

I see the whole thread has been hijacked and gone off the real topic.

VanishingPoi
08-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Let’s take a look at what is true. Miko Peled was born in Jerusalem and raised in a Zionist family so we can conclude that he was well indoctrinated into Zionism.

4-2-7
08-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Let’s take a look at what is true. Miko Peled was born in Jerusalem and raised in a Zionist family so we can conclude that he was well indoctrinated into Zionism.

So?

Or should we say "Maybe" My parents like to introduce me to a wide array of things so I can make my own decisions and experience things that were not part of home life.

So the bad jew indoctinate their childern? Is that what you do with your kids?

bobabode
08-09-2014, 06:36 PM
I see the whole thread has been hijacked and gone off the real topic.

:oWe do stumble and blunder around a bit VP. Eventually we get back to the topic at hand or wander off into the weeds altogether...:)

VanishingPoi
08-09-2014, 07:03 PM
:oWe do stumble and blunder around a bit VP. Eventually we get back to the topic at hand or wander off into the weeds altogether...:)

Yes, thank you. I can see that.

VanishingPoi
08-09-2014, 07:16 PM
This is crazy insane. Condemning Israel for killing so many and then giving them more killing weapons in record time. I don't get it!

Health officials in Gaza have put the death toll from one month of Operation Protective Edge, the official title of the Israeli bombing, artillery and ground attacks, at 1,893 Palestinians, including at least 429 children. UN officials estimate that three quarters of those killed by Israeli attacks were civilians.
Palestinian officials have estimated 40,000 homes destroyed or damaged, seven times the number wrecked during Operation Cast Lead five years ago. At least 100 to 120 factories have been destroyed, wiping out the workplaces of thousands of workers. Eighty mosques have been damaged or destroyed, and nearly 150 schools.

The US government has responded to the humanitarian disaster with a swift response—increasing its military aid to the regime that produced it. On Monday, President Obama signed a bill giving Israel $225 million in emergency aid for the Iron Dome anti-missile system, a measure passed by Congress with near-unanimous support and in record time. This comes after the Pentagon, at Obama’s direction, turned over huge quantities of ammunition, bombs and other military materiel to the Israel Defense Forces.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-resumes-indiscriminate-killings-in-gaza/5395367

Rajoo
08-09-2014, 10:48 PM
I am not sure our relatonship with Israel has ever been fully defined other than calling them our best ally in the Middle East.

October 24, 2012
America's Unknown Commitment to Israel
A US / Israeli Defense Treaty?
by BARRY LANDO

Paris.

Several questions asked in the third presidential debate were never clearly answered. One of the most vital concerns Israel: What exactly is the U.S. commitment to that country? It’s a question that an American president may suddenly be confronted with, some chaotic night at three A.M.

The reporter moderating the debate attempted to get an answer.

BOB SCHIEFFER: “Red lines, Israel and Iran. Would either of you —Would either of you be willing to declare that an attack on Israel is an attack on the United States, which of course is the same promise that we give to our close allies like Japan?

And if you made such a declaration, would not that deter Iran? It’s certainly deterred the Soviet Union for a long, long time when we made that — when we made that promise to our allies.

Good question…a request to clarify what has been a very intimate but imprecise relationship–challenging an American president –or future president–to make a stark commitment to Israel on his own accord, without seeking the consent of the Senate or Congress. Which, who knows, one chaotic night at three in the morning, he might be called upon to do.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, first of all, Israel is a true friend. It is our greatest ally in the region. And if Israel is attacked, America will stand with Israel.

I’ve made that clear throughout my presidency. And —

Just a minute, he didn’t really answer…but the moderator was there:

MR. SCHIEFFER: So you’re saying we’ve already made that declaration?

Good Question, but dodged again:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I will stand with Israel if they are attacked.

Unasked question: What does “stand by” mean, Mr. President? Cheer from the sidelines? Send emergency arms, dispatch rockets to shoot down incoming missiles, as was done in past crises by the U.S?

But Obama went on.

OBAMA: And this is the reason why, working with Israel, we have created the strongest military and intelligence cooperation between our two countries in history. In fact, this week we’ll be carrying out the largest military exercise with Israel in history, this very week.

Unasked Question: Does that mean, Mr. President, that American armed forces would become directly involved if Israel were attacked?…if say, its perimeter defenses were overwhelmed? If the Arabs or Iranians were marching on Tel Aviv?

If not, what is the point of carrying out the “largest military exercises in history” with Israel? Exercising for what?”

Next to a question about economic sanctions against Iran…

OBAMA: …the reason we did this is because a nuclear Iran is a threat to our national security and it’s threat to Israel’s national security. We cannot afford to have a nuclear arms race in the most volatile region of the world.

Unanswered question. Nuclear arms race? Hasn’t Israel had nuclear weapons for decades now, Mr. President?

And now to Romney on Israel:

MR. ROMNEY: Well, first of all, I — I want to underscore the — the same point the president made, which is that if I’m president of the United States, when I’m president of the United States, we will stand with Israel. And — and if Israel is attacked, we have their back, not just diplomatically, not just culturally, but militarily.

Unanswered Question: Uh, again, what does that mean, Governor? Would you commit boots on the ground? Cruise missiles? Destroyers? Under what circumstances?

Then, when the subject of Egypt’s shaky new government came up

OBAMA: They [the Egyptians] have to abide by their treaty with Israel. That is a red line for us, because not only is Israel’s security at stake, but our security is at stake if that unravels.

Mr. President, could you explain why America’s security is dependent on a treaty between Egypt and Israel?

If these question weren’t asked during the debate, did anyone hear them raised afterwards by any of the army of media pundits?

Barry M. Lando, a graduate of Harvard and Columbia University, spent 25 years as an award-winning investigative producer with 60 Minutes. His latest book is “Web of Deceit: The History of Western Complicity in Iraq, from Churchill to Kennedy to George W. Bush.” Lando is currently completing a novel, “The Watchman’s File”, concerning Israel’s most closely guarded secret (it’s not the bomb.) He can be reached through his blog.

VanishingPoi
08-09-2014, 11:45 PM
I am not sure our relatonship with Israel has ever been fully defined other than calling them our best ally in the Middle East.

October 24, 2012
America's Unknown Commitment to Israel
A US / Israeli Defense Treaty?
by BARRY LANDO

Paris.

Several questions asked in the third presidential debate were never clearly answered. One of the most vital concerns Israel: What exactly is the U.S. commitment to that country? It’s a question that an American president may suddenly be confronted with, some chaotic night at three A.M.

The reporter moderating the debate attempted to get an answer.

BOB SCHIEFFER: “Red lines, Israel and Iran. Would either of you —Would either of you be willing to declare that an attack on Israel is an attack on the United States, which of course is the same promise that we give to our close allies like Japan?

And if you made such a declaration, would not that deter Iran? It’s certainly deterred the Soviet Union for a long, long time when we made that — when we made that promise to our allies.

Good question…a request to clarify what has been a very intimate but imprecise relationship–challenging an American president –or future president–to make a stark commitment to Israel on his own accord, without seeking the consent of the Senate or Congress. Which, who knows, one chaotic night at three in the morning, he might be called upon to do.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, first of all, Israel is a true friend. It is our greatest ally in the region. And if Israel is attacked, America will stand with Israel.

I’ve made that clear throughout my presidency. And —

Just a minute, he didn’t really answer…but the moderator was there:

MR. SCHIEFFER: So you’re saying we’ve already made that declaration?

Good Question, but dodged again:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I will stand with Israel if they are attacked.

Unasked question: What does “stand by” mean, Mr. President? Cheer from the sidelines? Send emergency arms, dispatch rockets to shoot down incoming missiles, as was done in past crises by the U.S?

But Obama went on.

OBAMA: And this is the reason why, working with Israel, we have created the strongest military and intelligence cooperation between our two countries in history. In fact, this week we’ll be carrying out the largest military exercise with Israel in history, this very week.

Unasked Question: Does that mean, Mr. President, that American armed forces would become directly involved if Israel were attacked?…if say, its perimeter defenses were overwhelmed? If the Arabs or Iranians were marching on Tel Aviv?

If not, what is the point of carrying out the “largest military exercises in history” with Israel? Exercising for what?”

Next to a question about economic sanctions against Iran…

OBAMA: …the reason we did this is because a nuclear Iran is a threat to our national security and it’s threat to Israel’s national security. We cannot afford to have a nuclear arms race in the most volatile region of the world.

Unanswered question. Nuclear arms race? Hasn’t Israel had nuclear weapons for decades now, Mr. President?

And now to Romney on Israel:

MR. ROMNEY: Well, first of all, I — I want to underscore the — the same point the president made, which is that if I’m president of the United States, when I’m president of the United States, we will stand with Israel. And — and if Israel is attacked, we have their back, not just diplomatically, not just culturally, but militarily.

Unanswered Question: Uh, again, what does that mean, Governor? Would you commit boots on the ground? Cruise missiles? Destroyers? Under what circumstances?

Then, when the subject of Egypt’s shaky new government came up

OBAMA: They [the Egyptians] have to abide by their treaty with Israel. That is a red line for us, because not only is Israel’s security at stake, but our security is at stake if that unravels.

Mr. President, could you explain why America’s security is dependent on a treaty between Egypt and Israel?

If these question weren’t asked during the debate, did anyone hear them raised afterwards by any of the army of media pundits?

Barry M. Lando, a graduate of Harvard and Columbia University, spent 25 years as an award-winning investigative producer with 60 Minutes. His latest book is “Web of Deceit: The History of Western Complicity in Iraq, from Churchill to Kennedy to George W. Bush.” Lando is currently completing a novel, “The Watchman’s File”, concerning Israel’s most closely guarded secret (it’s not the bomb.) He can be reached through his blog.

Thank you, that was some very interesting reading.

piece-itpete
08-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Do your black friends know what you post here? Very curious?

No, though most don't have 'puters. Their phones might do it. Why, because I don't like Obama? I wouldn't bring it up but would be honest if asked.

Anyone is always welcome to stop in. If the timing's right we can head down to Cleveland.

I agree, though society can certainly be different.

If this Israeli Jew is honest and 'telling the real truth', what about the Son of Hamas?

Pete

donquixote99
01-01-2015, 05:59 PM
I agree, though society can certainly be different.

If this Israeli Jew is honest and 'telling the real truth', what about the Son of Hamas?

Pete

If both are honest and 'telling the real truth,' (not false things that they believe to be true), then they will not contradict each other on matters of fact.

merrylander
01-02-2015, 10:00 AM
In actual fact Israel is better equipped than we are to shoot down incoming missiles, in fact the same company that perfected the Iron Dome has opened offices here in Maryland as far as I know.

Regarding the title of this thread is it actually the truth simply because it coincides with your bias? I spent a week in Herzilyah and was treated kindly and with respect and saw no terrorist activity so I cannot comment on that. My hosts were very gracious and their oldest son, who was about to serve his time in the military very thoughtful.