PDA

View Full Version : Evangelicals feeling dissed by the GOP

finnbow
08-16-2014, 08:15 PM
I guess evangelicals are a bit slow on the uptake. The GOP has long since been using Evangelicals since Reagan decided to court the "moral majority."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/some-evangelicals-in-republican-party-are-feeling-left-out-see-no-standard-bearer/2014/08/16/77c380e8-224e-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

These folks just can't accept that the world is passing them by.

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 08:31 PM
I guess evangelicals are a bit slow on the uptake. The GOP has long since been using Evangelicals since Reagan decided to court the "moral majority."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/some-evangelicals-in-republican-party-are-feeling-left-out-see-no-standard-bearer/2014/08/16/77c380e8-224e-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

Weren't there a couple of Jesus weasels running in the primaries last time, trying to remember who.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

donquixote99
08-16-2014, 08:32 PM
They have no where to go.

finnbow
08-16-2014, 08:35 PM
Weren't there a couple of Jesus weasels running in the primaries last time, trying to remember who.

Probably so, and I bet they were snorting coke and banging whores (sometimes gay ones) on the campaign trail.

4-2-7
08-16-2014, 08:47 PM

Jesus Weasels?

You may not like religion but can you see your behavior in that comment liken to a homophobic comment?

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Jesus Weasels?

You may not like religion but can you see your behavior in that comment liken to a homophobic comment?

I use it to differentiate between respectable Christian folk and the other kind that force dogma over service on others, particularly thru political activism. Hypocracy is frequently a feature of this condition.

4-2-7
08-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Glad I'm not a hipacritial democrat just look at the speach comming out of their mouths.

It's sickening that "They" use "They" all the time, this "They" word is as prejudiced and bigoted as everything "They" want to point out but "They" can't see it "They're Special"

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 08:59 PM
General nonpartisan political condition.

4-2-7
08-16-2014, 09:02 PM
I use it to differentiate between respectable Christian folk and the other kind that force dogma over service on others, particularly thru political activism.

Kind of like if I say a "flamer" aposed a gay man. A flamer is a fagot trying to force his comfort zone onto me. Like if I say "Im not gay" and thay say "Oh sure your are you just don't know it yet" Thats a "Flamer":rolleyes:

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Watching someone stand by with a fire extinguisher during a late night appreance by Richard Simmons was one of the funniest sight gags I've ever witnessed.

4-2-7
08-16-2014, 09:06 PM
General nonpartisan political condition.

Steve I hope you can see how Bigotry bothers me in every way, I just can generalize people.

4-2-7
08-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Watching someone stand by with a fire extinguisher during a late night appreance by Richard Simmons was one of the funniest sight gags I've ever witnessed.

What late night show is this? Youtube:D

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Of course I see that and agree completely. I'm not bigoted against anyone in general but strongly object to those who work to impose their religious beliefs thru color of law.

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 09:11 PM
What late night show is this? Youtube:D

David Letterman, Youtube, go.:)

4-2-7
08-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Of course I see that and agree completely. I'm not bigoted against anyone in general but strongly object to those who work to impose their religious beliefs thru color of law.

But people force there political views religiously onto other people though the color of law, even Atheist.

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 09:20 PM
That's politics in the USA, the 1st is supposed to guarantee freedom of personal religious belief independent of compulsion under color of law.
Most laws against gays are religious based and therefore an unlawful imposition of religion under the first, tho that point has yet to wend it's way to and thru the Supremes.

4-2-7
08-16-2014, 09:38 PM
That's politics in the USA, the 1st is supposed to guarantee freedom of personal religious belief independent of compulsion under color of law.
Most laws against gays are religious based and therefore an unlawful imposition of religion under the first, tho that point has yet to wend it's way to and thru the Supremes.

I despise groups that choose to force views onto others and this is the push pull that's tearing this country apart.

I like to be me and let others live their life as an individual. Everyone want's to tag me with a label but it will not stick. I'm just me for what it's worth and will die with that and be happy that I do not follow.

PS: I won't be a Jesus Wessil if you don't be a Flamer and I guess I'll go and read some of the propaganda the OP posted now. :D

bobabode
08-16-2014, 09:39 PM

We have one of those Jesus freak Calvary Chapels here in Orange county. They have those NOTW (not of this world :rolleyes:) huge rear window banners emblazoned on their Escalades and Mercedes SUVs. My bro in law dragged me to one of their services probably 40 years ago when I visited, part of the festivities involved a group prayer for some Newport Beach socialite who got clocked by a golfball in her eye. Lo and behold, she was magically healed by this group circle jerk and tore off her bandages as proof. I almost ralphed on the spot.

Biggest bunch of hucksters I've ever seen.

bobabode
08-16-2014, 09:44 PM

'Frothy' Santorum was one. :rolleyes:

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 09:45 PM
We have one of those Jesus freak Calvary Chapels here in Orange county. They have those NOTW (not of this world :rolleyes:) huge rear window banners emblazoned on their Escalades and Mercedes SUVs. My bro in law dragged me to one of their services probably 40 years ago when I visited, part of the festivities involved a group prayer for some Newport Beach socialite who got clocked by a golfball in her eye. Lo and behold, she was magically healed by this group circle jerk and tore off her bandages as proof. I almost ralphed on the spot.

Biggest bunch of hucksters I've ever seen.

As long as you Ralph Laurened on them it's probably OK.

bobabode
08-16-2014, 09:47 PM
They have no where to go.

If they're 'Not Of This World', why don't they hitch their wagon to the next comet and off themselves like that group in Dan Diego? :rolleyes:

Pio1980
08-16-2014, 09:47 PM
'Frothy' Santorum was one. :rolleyes:

Right, sanctimoni-ass Santorum was one of them.

bobabode
08-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Right, sanctimonious Santorum.

Mr. Sweater Vest sure has a curious obsession with anal sex for a pillar of the religious right. IIRC, he got his 'Frothy' moniker from a lecture he gave about gay sex where he described it as "A frothy mixture of semen, feces and KY jelly".

donquixote99
08-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Mr. Sweater Vest sure has a curious obsession with anal sex for a pillar of the religious right. IIRC, he got his 'Frothy' moniker from a lecture he gave about gay sex where he described it as "A frothy mixture of semen, feces and KY jelly".

It's a friggin' cappuccino! So to speak. :D

BlueStreak
08-17-2014, 07:20 AM
Evangelicals are annoying, brainless morons. Well, the ones that follow are anyways. The leaders are smart, they know how to talk the moronic sheep into forking over the "blessings" and leave them thinking they are going to heaven for doing so.

Judging by the way these scam artists live, it must be a pretty good gig.

Dave

4-2-7
08-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Evangelicals are annoying, brainless morons. Well, the ones that follow are anyways. The leaders are smart, they know how to talk the moronic sheep into forking over the "blessings" and leave them thinking they are going to heaven for doing so.

Dave

You just described the political parties one of which you follow with vigor.

bobabode
08-17-2014, 09:57 AM

Dave

Here's a local one-TBN
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6BHZOUO7ChgwbK3T1gFbWS9kdQcsgy-bLdjsZnTQFYA-mzAbPww

nailer
08-17-2014, 10:12 AM
That house is probably owned by a not-for-profit corporation. :rolleyes:

Rajoo
08-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Special Rules Limiting IRS Authority to Audit a Church
Tax Inquiries and Examinations of Churches

Congress has imposed special limitations, found in section 7611 of the Internal Revenue Code, on how and when the IRS may conduct civil tax inquiries and examinations of churches. The IRS may begin a church tax inquiry only if an appropriate high-level Treasury official reasonably believes, on the basis of facts and circumstances recorded in writing, that an organization claiming to be a church or convention or association of churches may not qualify for exemption, may be carrying on an unrelated trade or business (within the meaning of IRC § 513), may otherwise be engaged in taxable activities or may have entered into an IRC § 4958 excess benefit transaction with a disqualified person.

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Churches-&-Religious-Organizations/Special-Rules-Limiting-IRS-Authority-to-Audit-a-Church

Dondilion
08-17-2014, 11:13 AM

Congress has imposed special limitations, found in section 7611 of the Internal Revenue Code, on how and when the IRS may conduct civil tax inquiries and examinations of churches. The IRS may begin a church tax inquiry only if an appropriate high-level Treasury official reasonably believes, on the basis of facts and circumstances recorded in writing, that an organization claiming to be a church or convention or association of churches may not qualify for exemption, may be carrying on an unrelated trade or business (within the meaning of IRC § 513), may otherwise be engaged in taxable activities or may have entered into an IRC § 4958 excess benefit transaction with a disqualified person.

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Churches-&-Religious-Organizations/Special-Rules-Limiting-IRS-Authority-to-Audit-a-Church

Excellent!

4-2-7
08-17-2014, 11:36 AM

Speaking of "Special Rules Limiting IRS Authority to Audit"

What about a revenue code on this house.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EGg11-7AXjg/U7o4CR0JKeI/AAAAAAAAIT8/GYazNmcq1EM/s1600/C02_movieb.gif

BlueStreak
08-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Here's a local one-TBN
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6BHZOUO7ChgwbK3T1gFbWS9kdQcsgy-bLdjsZnTQFYA-mzAbPww

That house is probably owned by a not-for-profit corporation. :rolleyes:

The whole thing is just a sham. Why people don't see it and how it works is amazing. Just turn on the telly any Sunday morning and you can see the mass brainwashing at work. Throngs of adoring followers chanting and crying, throwing money at the slick tongued snake oil salesman on the stage.....

"Oooooo, but he is so blessed!"....No, he's a shyster, a con artist and you're a total yutz, giving him 10% of your income so his dog can eat prime rib out of a golden bowl in air conditioned comfort. Moron.

Dave

MrPots
08-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Kind of like if I say a "flamer" aposed a gay man. A flamer is a fagot trying to force his comfort zone onto me. Like if I say "Im not gay" and thay say "Oh sure your are you just don't know it yet" Thats a "Flamer":rolleyes:

If you have this happen to you a lot maybe you should look in the mirror and take note of how you act or dress. If you're repeatedly setting off gaydar there's probably a reason.

Just a suggestion.....

VanishingPoi
09-07-2014, 07:04 PM

I was never so scared when the moral majority was around. I guess after their leader Jerry Falwell died, they just went away. Now we got many other crazies taking their place of the Michelle and Sarah types.

I am becoming terrified that the these crazies will take over the Senate and the rest.

Tom Joad
09-07-2014, 07:11 PM
I am becoming terrified that the these crazies will take over the Senate and the rest.

If that happens the Democrats better grow a pair and start using the filibuster like the Republicans have been for the past 5 years.

VanishingPoi
09-07-2014, 07:18 PM
If that happens the Democrats better grow a pair and start using the filibuster like the Republicans have been for the past 5 years.

I watched Rubio on Face the Nation this morning. What a frickin whiner and blamer? I had to stop watching. He was unbelievable (in a literal sense)!

Pio1980
09-08-2014, 07:35 AM

That's just playful repartee, force is something very different. Force is prison rape, force is Jesus weasels making their religious outlook the law of the land.