PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Else Creeped Out......

Boreas
01-25-2010, 08:48 PM
...... by seeing Billy Mays still pitching crap on Teevee? :confused:

John

Sandy G
01-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Not necessarily creeped out, but I DO find it in extremely poor taste...At least Vince has been temporarily silenced-Ain't seen his ugly mug for awhile. Now if we can get rid of Flo & that cutesy-wootsey feckin' Lizard....

finnbow
01-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Now if we can get rid of Flo...

Don't you just want to strangle that b_tch (the gal from the Progressive Insurance Commercials)?:o

Boreas
01-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Not necessarily creeped out, but I DO find it in extremely poor taste...At least Vince has been temporarily silenced-Ain't seen his ugly mug for awhile. Now if we can get rid of Flo & that cutesy-wootsey feckin' Lizard....

The gecko has to go.

John

BlueStreak
01-25-2010, 11:50 PM

John

Death can't even make that annoying loudmouth shut the fuck up.:confused:

Dave

Grumpy
01-26-2010, 05:49 AM
Guess im weird since it don't bother me. Now that other guy, porckchop, I think they call him, creeps the hell outta me.

d-ray657
01-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Sounds like I'm missing out on so much fun by not turning on the TV. Most of my radio listening is also NPR. I have become so accustomed to not being exposed to commercials, that their aggravation factor quickly cures me of the temptation to pick the TV habit up again.

Regards,

D-Ray

Sandy G
01-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Another thing about commercials anymore is that men are seemingly virtually ALWAYS portrayed as clueless, idiotic dolts or buffoons...And it takes a Wise 'n' Wunnerful Woman to show 'em how to do it, 'cause w/o Wise 'n' Wunnerful Women looking out for us, we'd barely have enuff sense to get to the bathroom...Just another example of the "Wussification" of America...

merrylander
01-26-2010, 07:08 AM
So where have you guys been for the last 30 years?:rolleyes:

Boreas
01-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Another thing about commercials anymore is that men are seemingly virtually ALWAYS portrayed as clueless, idiotic dolts or buffoons...And it takes a Wise 'n' Wunnerful Woman to show 'em how to do it, 'cause w/o Wise 'n' Wunnerful Women looking out for us, we'd barely have enuff sense to get to the bathroom...Just another example of the "Wussification" of America...

Dagwood & Blondie, Fibber McGee & Molly, Our Miss Brooks........

T'was ever thus.

John

merrylander
01-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Say goodnight Gracie.

piece-itpete
01-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Goodnight Gracie.

Pete

Sandy G
01-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Dagwood & Blondie, Fibber McGee & Molly, Our Miss Brooks........

T'was ever thus.

John

Yeah, well, they were at least MEANT to be laughed at...Nowadays, it seems as if men are portrayed as dumbasses just for being being men-or being dumbasses for dumbasses' sake.

noonereal
01-26-2010, 11:56 AM

John

nah, not really

I didn't even know who he was till he passed.

Grumpy
01-26-2010, 02:19 PM
nah, not really

I didn't even know who he was till he passed.

If only I could forget him.

piece-itpete
01-26-2010, 03:19 PM
You need to oxy-clean your memory :)

Pete

rickr15
01-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Vince isn't gone. He now does a remake of his slap chop commercial where he pokes fun of his arrest.

As long as were getting rid of lame commercials how about those free credit report idiots. Also hasn't the caveman thing run on about 5 years too long?

Sandy G
01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah, & ain't it about time for G. Gordo to die so he won't hawk gold at us anymore ? An' y'all DON'T wanna know what I'd like to do to those Free Credit Report dweebs...It prolly isn't even physically possible, anyhow...

Boreas
01-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Vince isn't gone. He now does a remake of his slap chop commercial where he pokes fun of his arrest.

As long as were getting rid of lame commercials how about those free credit report idiots. Also hasn't the caveman thing run on about 5 years too long?

What we need is a commercial where the cavemen are arrested for animal cruelty for roasting the gecko like a marshmallow on a forked stick. :D

John

Sandy G
01-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Nah, John, you ain't thinkin'...After the cavemen have diced the gekko up in a Slap-Chopper they bought from Vince w/some of G. Gordo's gold, that they got fronted for havin' an excellent credit report, w/the insurance money they got from Flo after the accident, 'cause nobody remembered that Cavemen can't drive...ARREST 'EM ALL !

merrylander
01-27-2010, 07:24 AM
I do miss the chihauhua.