PDA

View Full Version : what a morning !

Grumpy
05-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Damn aliens stole my breakfast burrito again while changing the channel on my Chinese made TV from their black helicopters. Thats its I want Al gore back but hes buried under a mountain of chads right next to Hoffa !

Strangeband
05-16-2009, 07:11 AM
twenty three

wajobu
05-16-2009, 07:29 AM
"Syrup on table before pancakes."

Grumpy
05-16-2009, 07:35 AM
"Syrup on table before pancakes."

Unless your an aussie ;)

Sandy G
05-16-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm having a better run of it. Went out to Hardee's, got a big coffee, & a bacon/cheese biscuit, which I CAN eat if I take it slow. Lauriann & Kim are fixin' to go to this tres HUMONGOUS community yard sale at the city park. so I'll be left to my own devices for awhile. It's 65 here, may storm later on, but for now, it's about as fine as frog hair here. No offense, Osmoid....(grin)

Ozmoid
05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
None taken, Sandy... frog hair is about as fine as it gets! :D

As for Dave's post, give me a minute, I need a fresh hat. Now where did I put the Reynold's wrap...

Infinitoid
05-17-2009, 01:06 PM
I'd love to understand what the hell this thread is about. Just a bit too many inside jokes, methinks. Oh, well, there's other threads where conspiracies are really, really, "No, I'm not kidding about this", real.

Ozmoid
05-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd love to understand what the hell this thread is about.

So would the rest of us. :o

Grumpy
05-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I'd love to understand what the hell this thread is about. Just a bit too many inside jokes, methinks. Oh, well, there's other threads where conspiracies are really, really, "No, I'm not kidding about this", real.

If you figure out its meaning could you please tell all of us ?

Kamakiri
05-18-2009, 11:43 AM
One thought instantly came to mind when I saw this kinda thread....

"I Love YaBB 1 Gold!"

Ahhhh....memories :D

Sandy G
05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Tim ! Glad t'see ya here ! Been wonderin' where you were...

Kamakiri
05-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Floatin' around here and there making my rounds on all the boards as time allows.....

Grumpy
05-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Welcome Kam.

HarmanKardon
09-25-2013, 06:49 AM

Three posts in four years, not bad Sir :D - happy 65th birthday anyway. ;)

I like the original post Grumpy Sir, it's demanding... in a way...

;-)

BlueStreak
09-25-2013, 08:00 AM
I left work this morning anxious to get home, only to discover that home, this morning, sucks too.

Dave

bobabode
09-25-2013, 08:24 AM
I woke up to Huell Howser reporting from the top of Half Dome. Everything looks downhill from here.

Dondilion
09-25-2013, 10:08 AM
The end of the month approaches and puts a drag on my morning.

merrylander
09-25-2013, 11:12 AM
My mornings are just fine, bit of work in the shop today maybe. Yesterday I got out the golf cart and watered the three new spruce trees. Yes there is a lot to be said for retirement.

bobabode
10-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Where's the frog?http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_greenbouncer.gif

HarmanKardon
10-15-2013, 02:39 AM
I just this morning got a call from my health insurance company. The lady wanted to talk about my preventive medical check-ups, the company launches such crap at least one time a year.

It is of course not lovingkindess what they have in mind, they try to prevent themselves of avoidable costs.

I told her that all my check-ups are up to date and that I avoid life risks as far as possible. And I told her that my regular sexlife is a very good prostate cancer prevention. I wish I could have seen her face when I remarked that. She stumbled: "Oh yes...sure...that's...that's fine...for you..." :D

The same procedure, the same blabla next year... :mad:

Dondilion
10-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Nice morning!

Wasillaguy
10-15-2013, 01:18 PM
I just this morning got a call from my health insurance company. The lady wanted to talk about my preventive medical check-ups, the company launches such crap at least one time a year.

It is of course not lovingkindess what they have in mind, they try to prevent themselves of avoidable costs.

I told her that all my check-ups are up to date and that I avoid life risks as far as possible. And I told her that my regular sexlife is a very good prostate cancer prevention. I wish I could have seen her face when I remarked that. She stumbled: "Oh yes...sure...that's...that's fine...for you..." :D

The same procedure, the same blabla next year... :mad:

I just can't wait until we Americans are subjected to the same. I'm sure they will have a checkbox to record that you were obstinant/sarcastic in your response. Helps them track and sort out who's deserving of care.
I wonder how much she makes doing these phone interviews?
Supposedly, the folks who will advise us which plan to sign up for will be making $48/hr.

bobabode
10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
I just can't wait until we Americans are subjected to the same. I'm sure they will have a checkbox to record that you were obstinant/sarcastic in your response. Helps them track and sort out who's deserving of care.
Supposedly, the folks who will advise us which plan to sign up for will be making $48/hr.

No more red meat for you.:rolleyes:

donquixote99
10-15-2013, 01:43 PM

Everything you said is wrong.

Wasillaguy
10-15-2013, 02:07 PM

Well shit, I should be a politician then.

merrylander
10-16-2013, 06:35 AM
The funny thing is back home no one ever phoned me to remind me about check-ups, that was up to me or the family doctor. All they did was pay for them.

HarmanKardon
10-16-2013, 07:00 AM

However, our German health insurance companies are incredibly rich although they have to spent a bunch of bucks for paying hospital costs, check-up costs, medical costs, treatment etc.

But actually they pay only a little share of the medicine costs which is often so expensive what makes it difficult for let's say pensioners with little money. And when they have to use an expensive medicine (or even several) for a longer period, like my mother, it is quite often (not for mom) a real financial burden. We pay high premiums and they refuse to pay the medicine, that sucks.

But this is a reason apart from the high monthly premium we have to pay, that those companies are such wealthy. A bit annoying for them is that the life expectancy of the insured increase more and more due to the contemporary high technology treatment methods.

I am really dying to see Obamacare...

;-)

donquixote99
10-16-2013, 07:42 AM
That insurance companies are wealthy does't mean they pay lots of money to low-level phone workers, unless their activities are a profit center. Now if the government was paying them extra $ for everybody they convinced to get preventative checkups, the callers might be on commission....

Your wealthy insurance companies sound analogous to our wealthy airlines, when their ticket prices were regulated by the government. That regulation ended here, eventually. Most think it great in that prices fell sharply, though service levels fell as well....

The $48/hr figure for ACA navigators was the top of the initial salary estimate released, of $20 to $48/hr. As you'd expect in lean budget times, the lower end of the range predominates. This salary reporting gadget says the average wage for ACA navigators in the city of Indianapolis is $39,000 on a yearly basis, less than $20.00/hr; http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Aca+Navigator&l1=Indianapolis%2C+IN

I also plugged Baltimore, MD into it and got $49,000 on the higher-cost east coast. The $48/hr salary would translate into about $100,000 a year. BTW, the ACA navigators, by law, cannot take any money from insurance companies. They are employed by non-profits.

HarmanKardon
10-16-2013, 12:57 PM
That insurance companies are wealthy does't mean they pay lots of money to low-level phone workers, unless their activities are a profit center. Now if the government was paying them extra $ for everybody they convinced to get preventative checkups, the callers might be on commission....

Your wealthy insurance companies sound analogous to our wealthy airlines, when their ticket prices were regulated by the government. That regulation ended here, eventually. Most think it great in that prices fell sharply, though service levels fell as well....

The $48/hr figure for ACA navigators was the top of the initial salary estimate released, of $20 to $48/hr. As you'd expect in lean budget times, the lower end of the range predominates. This salary reporting gadget says the average wage for ACA navigators in the city of Indianapolis is $39,000 on a yearly basis, less than $20.00/hr; http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Aca+Navigator&l1=Indianapolis%2C+IN

I also plugged Baltimore, MD into it and got $49,000 on the higher-cost east coast. The $48/hr salary would translate into about $100,000 a year. BTW, the ACA navigators, by law, cannot take any money from insurance companies. They are employed by non-profits.

I checked it via google - some 20 euros/hour for the phone workers of a German health insurance company.

BlueStreak
10-16-2013, 01:22 PM

$48/hour? No shit? Where do I apply? Sounds like big government is far more generous than you guys!:);)

whell
10-16-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.benefitspro.com/2013/07/25/ppaca-navigators-to-earn-20-48-an-hour

donquixote99
10-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Speaking of the airlines, we're getting new harder, flatter, more skinny from front-to-back seats now. Allows airlines to cram in a couple more rows.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1486435.1381863172!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/seat-squeeze.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/airlines-trim-seat-sizes-weights-boost-capacity-reduce-fuel-costs-article-1.1486440

donquixote99
10-16-2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.benefitspro.com/2013/07/25/ppaca-navigators-to-earn-20-48-an-hour

So based on that, you agree that the client-level navigator you speak to will be making about $20/hr, not $48/hr, right?

Wasillaguy
10-16-2013, 06:47 PM
From the OP's link-

"The agency is expecting to provide federal exchange navigator organization grants for 264 organizations, with each organization employing an average of seven "caseworkers," or staff navigators."

So, for each organization, you've got an average of 7 people at the $20/hr level. I didn't see anything detailing the ratio of mid-level, and executive level. If this were a business endeavor, you'd likely have 40 or more caseworkers under a single mid-level manager and competition would whittle down the profit and therefore the number of fat cats at the top.

HarmanKardon
10-17-2013, 01:37 AM
What a morning! October 17th! :D

Time to listen to Frank Zappa's bootleg album "The Day The Earth Stood Still"

:rolleyes:

Well well well... as we say in Germany: "Es wird nichts so heiss gegessen wie es gekocht wird." "Nothing is eaten as hot as it has been cooked."

bobabode
10-17-2013, 01:51 AM
What a morning! October 17th! :D

Time to listen to Frank Zappa's bootleg album "The Day The Earth Stood Still"

:rolleyes:

Well well well... as we say in Germany: "Es wird nichts so heiss gegessen wie es gekocht wird." "Nothing is eaten as hot as it has been cooked."

Guten morgen, Chris. Der Teetrinker Gans wird gekocht.:D

It's still October 16th here in California.:)

HarmanKardon
10-17-2013, 02:50 AM
Ahhh Bob... :) :) :)

Another German saying (>> shutdown): "Aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben!" "Postponed but not solved!" The translation destroys the pun/rhyme of the saying.

bobabode
10-17-2013, 03:16 AM
Postponed in a sense, yes but the opposition will be loath to revisit this battle. Once bitten, twice shy.;) The good news is that the adults in the Republican party are tired of the childish and immature tirades and miscalculations of the Tea drinkers.

Hopefully we won't be seeing any more of these self destructive games for a long time.

HarmanKardon
10-17-2013, 04:25 AM
What is the similarity of Bobabode and New York? Both never sleep!

The Kindergarten part of the Republican party damaged the reputation of the political America all over the world, according to the latest German News comments. American correspondent Linda Crane named it a blamage.

JJIII
10-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Postponed in a sense, yes but the opposition will be loath to revisit this battle. Once bitten, twice shy.;) The good news is that the adults in the Republican party are tired of the childish and immature tirades and miscalculations of the Tea drinkers.

Hopefully we won't be seeing any more of these self destructive games for a long time.

Oh, I'm sure somebody will dream up something stupid before long.:(

merrylander
10-17-2013, 06:15 AM
I understand that there is now a bill in the Senate to replace the national anthem with "Send in the Clowns".

HarmanKardon
10-17-2013, 07:09 AM
The Tea Party freaks did a "good" job and they will try to repeat their success in the beginning of the next year, this is what I suppose.

Oh my, this is another thread that went a bit off topic. Now let us consider it this way. Late Marcel Reich-Ranicki, most famous literary critic of Germany, perhaps most respected intellectual public person in Germany apart from retired chancellor Helmut Schmidt, once said: "There are only two issues: Love and Death, nothing else." And for America I add: "And Tea Party." So it is legitimate that the TP (issue) contaminates any thread in this forum. :cool:

By the way - you may look for further informations about MRR. (This is how he was named - just MRR) An overwhelming outstanding personality. He loved the German literature. He loved the German language. He loved the German culture. He loved Germany - ALTHOUGH he was a surviver of the Warzaw Ghetto, ALTHOUGH Nazi Germany devastated his family in the concentration camps. He was the King of reconciliation, and Germany will never never forget him. Due to his great sense of humor he was almost a pop star, and most Gemans knew him, even a lot of people who do not know what a book is... He died some weeks ago aged 93.

Oh shit... even more off topic... ;-)

donquixote99
10-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Never heard of him. Because he didn't write in English, and he's not in the canon of 'world literature' I studied in translation in college. Perhaps the later has changed by now, at least....

It's amazing how high and tight language barriers can be.

donquixote99
10-17-2013, 08:05 AM
OK, read up a little. He was a literary critic, a public 'man of letters.' Of course no one knows him here. We don't even pay attention to people who do that in English.

piece-itpete
10-17-2013, 08:10 AM

By the way - you may look for further informations about MRR. (This is how he was named - just MRR) An overwhelming outstanding personality. He loved the German literature. He loved the German language. He loved the German culture. He loved Germany - ALTHOUGH he was a surviver of the Warzaw Ghetto, ALTHOUGH Nazi Germany devastated his family in the concentration camps. He was the King of reconciliation, and Germany will never never forget him. Due to his great sense of humor he was almost a pop star, and most Gemans knew him, even a lot of people who do not know what a book is... He died some weeks ago aged 93.

Oh shit... even more off topic... ;-)

That level of forgiveness always surprises me.

Pete

donquixote99
10-17-2013, 08:48 AM
That level of forgiveness always surprises me.

Pete

I read in Wikipedia he was in the Warsaw Ghetto, where he was a translator in the Judenrat. He saw and heard it all. The worst of the Germans, and the worst of the Jews too.

Later, he becomes famous as the Polish Jewish intellectual who loves German culture, and tells Germans how wonderful it is. It's easy to be a tad cynical about how popular THAT became. But he also may have been genuine, brilliant, and wonderful--exceptional qualities under any circumstances, but doubly so in his case.

HarmanKardon
10-17-2013, 12:19 PM
OK, read up a little. He was a literary critic, a public 'man of letters.' Of course no one knows him here. We don't even pay attention to people who do that in English.

I did not expect that anyone would know him in the USA. I thought it would be nice to inseminate the incestuous New World with some European culture. ;)

MRR said that he thought every day of his long life of the time in the Warzaw Ghetto. The level of forgiveness is astonishing and made us embarrassed. (embarrassing).

Wasillaguy
10-17-2013, 01:33 PM
From the OP's link-

"The agency is expecting to provide federal exchange navigator organization grants for 264 organizations, with each organization employing an average of seven "caseworkers," or staff navigators."

So, for each organization, you've got an average of 7 people at the $20/hr level. I didn't see anything detailing the ratio of mid-level, and executive level. If this were a business endeavor, you'd likely have 40 or more caseworkers under a single mid-level manager and competition would whittle down the profit and therefore the number of fat cats at the top.

How many mid-level? How many executive level?

Also, the non-profits that have navigators and less than 50 employees will be allowed to grandfather in their existing plans with lower requirements than the ACA's minimum requirements. So, these people who will be navigating for the public often won't enjoy the same coverage (and rates) as those they're helping?

donquixote99
10-17-2013, 01:51 PM
How many mid-level? How many executive level?

Also, the non-profits that have navigators and less than 50 employees will be allowed to grandfather in their existing plans with lower requirements than the ACA's minimum requirements. So, these people who will be navigating for the public often won't enjoy the same coverage (and rates) as those they're helping?

I am foursquare for fixing everything that can be fixed!

icenine
10-17-2013, 02:50 PM

You sound like you went to college...did you go in Ohio? I went to Kent State.
You are right...the only people that would know about literary critics are graduate students who cannot get dates lol.

donquixote99
10-17-2013, 03:42 PM
I started in Indiana, and stayed there. Went to Valparaiso University,