PDA

View Full Version : "You Didn't Build That", part 2

whell
10-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Businesses don't create jobs, says Hilly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyUoCiWsTfI

donquixote99
10-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Not well stated. But the point that trickle-down doesn't work is totally true. You can (and we have) arranged for corporations and business owners to be rolling in wealth, and that hasn't motivated them to create jobs.

bobabode
10-24-2014, 07:55 PM
I can understand your consternation Mike. The truth hurts. :rolleyes:

Tom Joad
10-24-2014, 08:00 PM
At least Whelly has his job shillin on the net.

whell
10-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Hey, you got me wrong gents. It must be true. Certainly we've seen how, in the last 6 years, that gov't stimulus and unemployment benefit extensions create jobs. Elect Hillary and I'm sure we'll continue down the same path to job creation and economic prosperity.

nailer
10-24-2014, 09:17 PM
U.S. corporations are creating jobs - most of them overseas.

bobabode
10-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Hey, you got me wrong gents. It must be true. Certainly we've seen how, in the last 6 years, that gov't stimulus and unemployment benefit extensions create jobs. Elect Hillary and I'm sure we'll continue down the same path to job creation and economic prosperity.

That little bit of urban legend was dealt with long ago Mike. The statement "You didn't build that" was parsed out of a speech where the President said that businesses didn't build the infrastructure like roads that enabled them to succeed. Leave it to you to dredge up a lame political canard from the last presidential race. It didn't work then and it won't work this time.

Parse much?

Tom Joad
10-25-2014, 06:11 AM

And most of the ones they crate here are low wage, low benefit.

whell
10-25-2014, 06:52 AM

So you guys disagree with Mrs Clinton? Corps do create jobs, just not in an acceptable manner?

whell
10-25-2014, 07:01 AM
That little bit of urban legend was dealt with long ago Mike. The statement "You didn't build that" was parsed out of a speech where the President said that businesses didn't build the infrastructure like roads that enabled them to succeed. Leave it to you to dredge up a lame political canard from the last presidential race. It didn't work then and it won't work this time.

Similarly, the gov't couldn't have built all those roads and bridges without levying fuel taxes and business taxes. But the Prez has you here to help "clarify" his comments, and I'm sure he appreciates your diligence.

Now, can you clarify Mrs Clinton's assertion that businesses don't create jobs?

donquixote99
10-25-2014, 07:18 AM
Ooooo, what a great talkin' point Whell's got now! He'll just say it over and over, and utterly ignore that actual truth of what Hillary was actually saying, What fun! Stupid, but fun!

merrylander
10-25-2014, 08:10 AM
The only way a corporation will create a job is if there is a demand for its product(s). So it is actually the consumer who creates the jobs. Unfortunately American monetary behavior has beggared the consumer

nailer
10-25-2014, 09:57 AM

Not in the countries in which these Globalization jobs were created.

BTW, are you as shocked as I that whell has us sharing the same bed?

nailer
10-25-2014, 10:03 AM
So you guys disagree with Mrs Clinton? Corps do create jobs, just not in an acceptable manner?

Did I say that? Your kneejerkism damages your points which are occasionally good.

I doubt that I would agree with Hillary all that often, but her husband was a good president.

whell
10-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Ooooo, what a great talkin' point Whell's got now! He'll just say it over and over, and utterly ignore that actual truth of what Hillary was actually saying, What fun! Stupid, but fun!

Oooo, maybe she's got you here so you can wordsmith for her. You can "clarify" what she meant. What fun! Stupid, but fun!

whell
10-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Did I say that?

Sounded like it to me. Clarify?

nailer
10-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Sounded like it to me. Clarify?

Post 13.

Rajoo
10-25-2014, 10:48 AM
The only way a corporation will create a job is if there is a demand for its product(s). So it is actually the consumer who creates the jobs. Unfortunately American monetary behavior has beggared the consumer

This is worth repeating. We are a capitalistic nation where supply and demand rules. So as discretionary income keeps getting reduced due to lowering of wages from jobs going off-shore, there is less and less demand. Welcome to globalization.

For example: "For the 2014 model year, just 13 models assembled in the USA have domestic-parts content of 75% or higher, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/06/30/carscom-american-made-index-ford-f150/11774335/

donquixote99
10-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Oooo, maybe she's got you here so you can wordsmith for her. You can "clarify" what she meant. What fun! Stupid, but fun!

I'm suggesting dealing honestly with the statement, instead of playing gotcha with one sentence out-of-context. So honesty is stupid?

This is too trivial to be fun, actually. I repeat my wish for more intelligent and articulate conservatives on this board.

Rajoo
10-25-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm suggesting dealing honestly with the statement, instead of playing gotcha with one sentence out-of-context. So honesty is stupid?

This is too trivial to be fun, actually. I repeat my wish for more intelligent and articulate conservatives on this board.

This is worth reading IMO.

Can we hear from intelligent conservatives? Are there any?

http://open.salon.com/blog/terry_mckenna/2013/06/23/can_we_hear_from_intelligent_conservatives_are_the re_any

nailer
10-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Excellent article Beam On.

In today's environment wouldn't it be political suicide for an intelligent conservative to speak out?

Pio1980
10-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Interesting opinion piece, too bad it has no currency in the present.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tom Joad
10-25-2014, 12:33 PM
Not in the countries in which these Globalization jobs were created.

BTW, are you as shocked as I that whell has us sharing the same bed?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

We are in a world-wide race to the bottom as far as worker compensation goes.

As for you in bed with Whell, why would I be shocked?

I'm the one who pegged you as a right winger in disguise before your post count got to double figures.

Tom Joad
10-25-2014, 12:36 PM

I was the last one.

I unassed the Republicans in March of 2000, when it became apparent that Bush was going to get the nomination over McCain.

I turned out the lights on my way out.

merrylander
10-25-2014, 12:40 PM

Odd because I was a member of the Joe Clark Progressive Conservative Party back in Canada, but looking at some definitions with Bing I could not recognize myself. Yes we did like to hang on to ideas and concepts that had proven over time that they worked, but we were not averse to tweaking them if it made them better. The idea that we were closed minded as far as new ideas were concerned is not true. Vast changes simply for the sake of making changes seemed a senseless idea. When my Member of Parliament died young the Party must have found our correspondence in his files because they called my ex hoping I would run to replace him but I had already left the country.

The strange part is that I knew some of the folks in the New Democratic Party, what everyone down here would call soci@lists and we got along quite well.

But then as a high school dropout I guess I can't be an intelligent conservative. :)

bobabode
10-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Similarly, the gov't couldn't have built all those roads and bridges without levying fuel taxes and business taxes. But the Prez has you here to help "clarify" his comments, and I'm sure he appreciates your diligence.

Now, can you clarify Mrs Clinton's assertion that businesses don't create jobs?

As they say,bro. If you don't get it right the first time? Try, try again Mike.

Then there's the Einstein corollary involved here. :rolleyes:

donquixote99
10-25-2014, 12:44 PM

http://open.salon.com/blog/terry_mckenna/2013/06/23/can_we_hear_from_intelligent_conservatives_are_the re_any

Interesting, and also with a comments section that one could stand to read! Thanx for link.

hillbilly
10-25-2014, 01:44 PM

Yep. But with offshore tools becoming better than our USA very best at a fraction of the price it's getting harder for folks to spend all that extra cash for the USA name.

For example, the ratchet in the video is probably under 40.00 and is offshore. Where a Snap-On would run 150 or so. Both have a lifetime warranty. Check out how much it took to break this offshore ratchet from Harbor Freight using a vice and cheater pipe. I've broken USA tools without using a cheater pipe. We aren't going to be the best much longer if we keep fading like this. China and Taiwan can and are making 'some' of their tools good as or better than ours now but at a fraction of the cost. Many auto techs are leaving the USA tool bandwagon. Sad but true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfCDCtm2Uf0

That being said, my own toolbox is full of USA tools, but today I could fill it with same quality offshore for under 7k. I have nearly half as much in my USA tools as I do my house. A-lot less people are willing to do that in todays world.

Rajoo
10-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Excellent article Beam On.

In today's environment wouldn't it be political suicide for an intelligent conservative to speak out?

Or a conservative liberal. Here is a quote from the comments section in the Salon article. Condenses the prevailing political atmosphere.

"It's a shame that the conservatives and liberals both have polarized their points of view to the point where everything liberal is anathema to conservatives and always wrong, while everything conservative is seen by liberals as pro big business and anti people." by R.

merrylander
10-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Yep. But with offshore tools becoming better than our USA very best at a fraction of the price it's getting harder for folks to spend all that extra cash for the USA name.

For example, the ratchet in the video is probably under 40.00 and is offshore. Where a Snap-On would run 150 or so. Both have a lifetime warranty. Check out how much it took to break this offshore ratchet from Harbor Freight using a vice and cheater pipe. I've broken USA tools without using a cheater pipe. We aren't going to be the best much longer if we keep fading like this. China and Taiwan can and are making 'some' of their tools good as or better than ours now but at a fraction of the cost. Many auto techs are leaving the USA tool bandwagon. Sad but true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfCDCtm2Uf0

That being said, my own toolbox is full of USA tools, but today I could fill it with same quality offshore for under 7k. I have nearly half as much in my USA tools as I do my house. A-lot less people are willing to do that in todays world.

Mine are USA, Canada or UK and mostly inherited from my Dad so that might give uou an idea when the were made. I have found Ryobi and Makita portable tools to be pretty good but the last two 18v Ryobi batteries were made in China and don't hold a charge worth chit.

nailer
10-25-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm the one who pegged you as a Bagger in disguise before your post count got to double figures. (Fixed that for you.)

Alas, I've never worked in a grocery store nor been a caddy.

BlueStreak
10-25-2014, 11:24 PM
When are you going to figure it out, moron? "You didn't build that." wasn't a reference to anybodies precious small business. It was a reference to infrastructure, highways, dams and the like. And, no one individual DID build that. ALL of it was the result of collective, concerted effort.

This is why your neo-conservative ideology is such worthless shit. How in the hell can you build a strong nation with no concerted effort, everyone refusing to contribute anything because they don't see how it benefits them directly?

Answer; You can't.

Stuff your crybaby small businessman bullshit back up the hole it came out of.

Dave

BlueStreak
10-25-2014, 11:28 PM
Not well stated. But the point that trickle-down doesn't work is totally true. You can (and we have) arranged for corporations and business owners to be rolling in wealth, and that hasn't motivated them to create jobs.

Yep. they just squirrel away the money for themselves an sneer at us as they demand more. Who's the blind fool who hasn't seen that? There is NO POINT in trying to satisfy these little pigs. There is no end to it, it is a fools errand.

Dave

whell
10-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Actually, I'd forgotten about this. But now that Elizabeth Warren is starting to be courted for a potential run in 2016, maybe Hilly is just trying out out-liberal Lizzy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-P-CoSNYaI

Rajoo
10-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Actually, I'd forgotten about this. But now that Elizabeth Warren is starting to be courted for a potential run in 2016, maybe Hilly is just trying out out-liberal Lizzy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-P-CoSNYaI

Maybe Hilly is trying hard to disqualify herself. The expectations are sky high and she probably does not want to, nor do I think she should run. She has a very divisive personality.

merrylander
10-27-2014, 02:48 PM
When are you going to figure it out, moron? "You didn't build that." wasn't a reference to anybodies precious small business. It was a reference to infrastructure, highways, dams and the like. And, no one individual DID build that. ALL of it was the result of collective, concerted effort.

This is why your neo-conservative ideology is such worthless shit. How in the hell can you build a strong nation with no concerted effort, everyone refusing to contribute anything because they don't see how it benefits them directly?

Answer; You can't.

Stuff your crybaby small businessman bullshit back up the hole it came out of.

Dave

If you think about it very few if any of the wunderkind they praise still did not do it all on their own, they had a support team that aided them.

bobabode
10-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Maybe Hilly is trying hard to disqualify herself. The expectations are sky high and she probably does not want to, nor do I think she should run. She has a very divisive personality.

After eight years of Obama the Appeaser to Tea-bumlican Party? I'm ready for a candidate who'll take it to the hard right. Hillary is the one for me.

whell
10-27-2014, 05:31 PM
As they say,bro. If you don't get it right the first time?

As they say, bro. If you don't want to answer the question, then avoid it. :rolleyes:

bobabode
10-27-2014, 05:36 PM
As they say, bro. If you don't want to answer the question, then avoid it. :rolleyes:

There was a question in there? I must've mistook it for your customary snark. I'll defer to post #32 for a direct answer to your question. Happy now?:rolleyes:

Go back to Breitbarts Mike. :rolleyes:

whell
10-27-2014, 08:45 PM
If you think about it very few if any of the wunderkind they praise still did not do it all on their own, they had a support team that aided them.

You mean the support team that they hired and paid for their services, right? The support team that could not have been hired without some initial level of success?

finnbow
10-27-2014, 08:46 PM
You mean the support team that they hired and paid for their services, right? The support team that could not have been hired without some initial level of success?

Nah, their support team in Congress paid for by their lobbyists.:D

BlueStreak
10-27-2014, 09:24 PM

Infrastructure was funded by the government, with tax money. Mine, yours and everyone elses. Not by any one schmuck who built it because he was feeling philanthropic. Not even by any collection of local businesses who just wanted us to have roads to get to work on.

It was funded by US, through our government. The "support group" are the businesses hired by US, through our government, to build it.

Your argument is nothing but a bunch of half-assed fairytales that have little to no basis in reality.

Dave

finnbow
10-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Infrastructure was funded by the government, with tax money. Mine, yours and everyone elses.

Moreover, schools and universities are largely paid for with tax money, as are the laws and courts that even allow for companies to exist. The whole "you didn't build that" meme is used to appeal to the conservative base who loves hearing how they're rugged individualists who need nothing from anybody (as they collect their Social Security checks and Medicare benefits). Idjits.

BlueStreak
10-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Moreover, schools and universities are largely paid for with tax money, as are the laws and courts that even allow for companies to exist. The whole "you didn't build that" meme is used to appeal to the conservative base who loves hearing how they're rugged individualists who need nothing from anybody (as they collect their Social Security checks and Medicare benefits). Idjits.

And always claim, loudly, that they are somehow even more deserving of their government benefits than anyone else, even those who've worked directly for the government/military. As if you and I have never supported ourselves at all and they deserve everything because they are, supposedly "hard working".:confused: (Not from what I've seen.:rolleyes:)

Pat, I struggle to see what in the hell these people are shouting about >90% of the time. What's really bizarre is that they not only say these absurd things but say it with gnashing teeth and clenched fists. It's kind of like they are enraged at their own cognitive dissonance.

Dave

merrylander
10-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Busy reading C.S. Lewis' 'The Four Loves' and if I was not so busy I would quote a few of the paragraphs. He had some very intelligent things to say about people feeling that their country is 'the best in the world'.

BlueStreak
10-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Busy reading C.S. Lewis' 'The Four Loves' and if I was not so busy I would quote a few of paragraphs. He had some very intelligent things to say about people feeling that their country is 'the best in the world'.

Please do, when you get a chance.

From what I've seen, it's mostly people who've never been anywhere else, unless they were there to fight a war. And, of course, under those conditions their impression is going to be negative of a country they were at war with and it's military that was shooting at them.

For instance; I hear Vietnam is actually a very beautiful place and I've never met a Vietnamese person I didn't like.

Dave

finnbow
10-28-2014, 07:57 AM

From what I've seen, it's mostly people who've never been anywhere else, unless they were there to fight a war. And, of course, under those conditions their impression is going to be negative of a country they were at war with and it's military that was shooting at them.

For instance; I hear Vietnam is actually a very beautiful place and I've never met a Vietnamese person I didn't like.

Dave

Here's a good one:

Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.

GEORGE BERNARD SHAW, The Public: A Journal of Democracy, 1910

merrylander
10-28-2014, 10:38 AM

Dave

I actually got Lewis' The Four Loves simply for another person's viewpoint. As you might imagine in writing a 'Love Story' the subject does come up in the novel. Having put my own* views down I guess I was seeking confirmation from someone better qualified than myself. I was aware of the four Greek words for love and set about explaining them. Finding that of late glaucoma and MD having hurt one eye and arthritis not being kind to my hands I got an idea. If you will Google or Bing 'c.s. lewis on patriotism' without the single quotes you will have plenty of reading material.

* In writing this novel I have been startled more than once by seeing words appear on the screen seemingly of their own volition yet re-reading them they do express my beliefs. It is turning out to be as much a morality story as love story. To say the very least it has been interesting.

whell
10-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Infrastructure was funded by the government, with tax money. Mine, yours and everyone elses. Not by any one schmuck who built it because he was feeling philanthropic. Not even by any collection of local businesses who just wanted us to have roads to get to work on.

It was funded by US, through our government. The "support group" are the businesses hired by US, through our government, to build it.

Your argument is nothing but a bunch of half-assed fairytales that have little to no basis in reality.

Dave

And your argument is populist clap-trap.

To put "my argument" in motion, let's say that I'm an evil capitalist that decides to start a trucking company hauling inter-state freight. My tax payments that would go to supporting infrastructure like roads and bridges would be disproportionally great than "one schmuck who built it" or might travel on it, given the taxes and fees that I'd pay for fuel, tolls, etc.

Therefore without high levels of commerce on roads, rail, waterways, etc., there would be substantially less money for the gummint to use to build or maintain the infrastructure. You might recall hearing about this recently during the depths of recession. There was substantially less funding available for road repairs, primarily at the state and local level (because they can't print more money like the Feds can) due to the reduction in commerce.

merrylander
10-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Here's a good one:

Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.

Ha! one of the things Lewis wrote was when he was speaking to an elderly clergyman and asked "Do not people in other countries believe their men the bravest and their women the fairest?". To which the clergyman replied with the utmost gravity, "Yes but about England it is true.":rolleyes:

whell
10-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Here's a good one:

Interesting that you'd pull a quote from a supporter of Communism...:p

merrylander
10-28-2014, 10:48 AM

To put "my argument" in motion, let's say that I'm an evil capitalist that decides to start a trucking company hauling inter-state freight. My tax payments that would go to supporting infrastructure like roads and bridges would be disproportionally great than "one schmuck who built it" or might travel on it, given the taxes and fees that I'd pay for fuel, tolls, etc.

Therefore without high levels of commerce on roads, rail, waterways, etc., there would be substantially less money for the gummint to use to build or maintain the infrastructure. You might recall hearing about this recently during the depths of recession. There was substantially less funding available for road repairs, primarily at the state and local level (because they can't print more money like the Feds can) due to the reduction in commerce.

And those of us whose driving is only local still pay the Federal tax on gasoline. We still pay the taxes that build and maintain airports. The only people who might fit your description AFAIK would be the freight railroads as there are no taxes that provide the rails.

merrylander
10-28-2014, 10:50 AM

Proof?

BlueStreak
10-28-2014, 12:29 PM

Proof?

Even if Shaw was a Communist.....So what?

Truth spoken is truth spoken, no matter who speaks it.

Dave

BlueStreak
10-28-2014, 12:44 PM

A "chicken or egg" argument. In truth, they facilitate each other. A healthy business climate increases tax revenue, this is true. However, commerce is restricted to the local economy if it can't access transport to the rest of the world. And, how was that done? Did the businessmen take up a collection out of their own pockets and hire contractors to build it themselves? Did each build a section of public road with his own money?

No, they did not.

I'm pretty sure there may have even been some who resented the government taxing them to pay for it, then as now and always. They did not "build it (infrastructure)". It is not their personal property. We all paid into it and we all use it. The nations infrastructure is indeed an example of collectivism.

So, no, my comment was not "populist clap-trap". It is the truth. Whether they, or you, can handle it or not.

Dave

whell
10-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Proof?

Yes, I'll do your homework for you. :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Bernard_Shaw

whell
10-28-2014, 12:54 PM

Dave

That's right. What difference, at this point, does it make? :p

whell
10-28-2014, 12:55 PM
In truth, they facilitate each other. A healthy business climate increases tax revenue, this is true.
Dave

Correct. And a healthy business climate CREATES JOBS. Thank you very much.

donquixote99
10-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Shaw of course was a famous and prominent Fabian So************************t. Calling that 'communist' is somewhat less accurate than calling investment banking 'piracy.'

But there's a ton of rightist gnosticism out there now that sees the Fabians as a powerful tentacle of the Secret Menace.

All that said, Shaw's iconoclastic and contrarian tendencies did lead him to adopt Soviet apologist positions in the 1930's.

nailer
10-28-2014, 12:59 PM

Truth spoken is truth spoken, no matter who speaks it.

Dave

Shaw saw Soci@lism, Communism and Facism as much the same thing.

BlueStreak
10-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Shaw saw So************************m, Communism and Facism as the same thing.

So what? If a Fascist tells you, "Water is wet.", does the fact that he's a Fascist make it any less so?

BlueStreak
10-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Correct. And a healthy business climate CREATES JOBS. Thank you very much.

Stop diverting and cherry picking. I know you understand the point I'm making.:p

nailer
10-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Here's a good one:

Damn right dude, America is the greatest empre (oops, meant country) ever and there are legions of patriots out there who will put a boot up the ass of anyone who disagrees.

merrylander
10-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Shaw saw Soci@lism, Communism and Facism as the same thing.

I would truly believe that GBS was far too intelligent to confuse soci@lism and communism (very left) with Fascism (very right).

finnbow
10-28-2014, 02:19 PM

That doesn't make it any less true. Nazi Germany used the first stanza of the Deutschlandlied (Song of Germany) proclaiming "Deutschland über alles" as their national anthem. In other words, patriotic exceptionalism was their creed (just as it seems to be with the far right, BTW).

Here's another one for you:

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

- Samuel Johnson, 1775

merrylander
10-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Yes, I'll do your homework for you. :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Bernard_Shaw

An "ardent soci@list" is not the same thing as a communist, but you knew that.:p

Whell I am quite open to new ideas and will judge them on their merits, but it will be a cold day in hell when you can do "my homework".

Have a nice day.

nailer
10-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Here's another one for you:

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

- Samuel Johnson, 1775

Prayer, the last refuge of a scoundrel. - Lisa Simpson

BlueStreak
10-29-2014, 10:49 AM

That too.

Or one of my personal favorites;

(In response to "I'm gonna pray for you.")

"Of course you will. I doesn't cost anything."

Forgot where I heard that.

Dave

Rajoo
10-29-2014, 11:55 AM

I saw this bumper sticker on a car couple of days ago. :D

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/336348885/nothing_fails_like_prayer_bumper_sticker.jpg?color =White&height=460&width=460&qv=90

piece-itpete
10-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Haterz gonna hate.

Didn't Marx despise religion and patriotism too?

Not that either haven't been used for shenanigans.

Pete

whell
10-29-2014, 05:53 PM
An "ardent soci@list" is not the same thing as a communist, but you knew that.:p

Whell I am quite open to new ideas and will judge them on their merits, but it will be a cold day in hell when you can do "my homework".

Have a nice day.

Must be getting damn cold in Hell these days... :p

merrylander
10-30-2014, 07:12 AM
Must be getting damn cold in Hell these days... :p

Really? Then that probably accounts for the fact that I have yet to see a new idea on this board as yet.

nailer
10-30-2014, 09:39 AM
You might try reading posts other than your own. ;)

merrylander
10-30-2014, 10:22 AM
You might try reading posts other than your own. ;)

I have and it has not changed my opinion. Lots of links to other people's ideas though.

donquixote99
10-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Really? Then that probably accounts for the fact that I have yet to see a new idea on this board as yet.

Harumph.

JJIII
10-30-2014, 10:38 AM
When a person has lived as long and traveled as much as Rob has, new ideas are probably few and far between.:)

piece-itpete
10-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Harumph.

LOL!

Pete

merrylander
10-30-2014, 11:56 AM
When a person has lived as long and traveled as much as Rob has, new ideas are probably few and far between.:)

Maybe that is the problem it might just have been too long.:rolleyes:

piece-itpete
10-30-2014, 12:07 PM
:o Surely you can't be serious Rob!

Pete

Dondilion
10-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Harumph.

I am full of new ideas.

However one should protect ones intellectual property. :D

merrylander
10-30-2014, 01:52 PM
:o Surely you can't be serious Rob!

Pete

Pete if it was not for Florence I really do not find much in this world that I really wish to bother with. She is truly all that makes living worthwhile.

merrylander
10-30-2014, 01:53 PM
I am full of new ideas.

However one should protect ones intellectual protect. :D

Then how will society ever move forward if we all guard the output of our intellects? :confused:

piece-itpete
10-30-2014, 01:57 PM
As much as its obviously good for you, I hope me and my better half feel the same way some years from now. I'd say you're a very lucky man.

But a Yamaha isn't calling your name anymore at all? :)

Pete

bobabode
10-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Ooops, economy posts a 3.5% bump. :) Damn that mooslem, Kenyan, pothed soshulistic, Mau mau-ing anti colonialist democrat...:rolleyes:
http://www.latimes.com/business/jobs/la-fi-gdp-third-quarter--20141030-story.html

Rajoo
10-30-2014, 02:21 PM
And here is the youth support for Obama.

Majority Of Millennials Turn On Obama, Favor a GOP-Led Congress
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/majority-millennials-turn-obama-favor-gop-led-congress/story?id=26553815

merrylander
10-30-2014, 02:43 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/majority-millennials-turn-obama-favor-gop-led-congress/story?id=26553815

"Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it."

bobabode
10-30-2014, 02:45 PM

Obomba lost the OWS vote? ;)

merrylander
10-30-2014, 02:46 PM
As much as its obviously good for you, I hope me and my better half feel the same way some years from now. I'd say you're a very lucky man.

I am well aware of that.

But a Yamaha isn't calling your name anymore at all? :)

The ones here sing to me but they know better than to allow these hands inside them.

Pete

Here have six characters

Rajoo
10-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Obomba lost the OWS vote? ;)

Yes and as most politicians know, negative pounding of lies and half truths takes it's toll. This last bit of news I did find a bit surprising that the youth of America is becoming tea sippers, or they soon will. Guess that we are seeing the effect of social media.

http://aattp.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/aattplogo.png

piece-itpete
10-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Rob I'm sorry to hear that.

Beam, you sure they're not just disillusioned after being promised the moon?

Pete

Rajoo
10-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Rob I'm sorry to hear that.

Beam, you sure they're not just disillusioned after being promised the moon?

Pete

I am lamenting the fact that the youth of today are too wrapped up in themselves and not curious to read or disseminate information. Easy victims to TV and especially social media. OWS was an anomaly driven by youth joblessness and not any deep understanding of economy.. How do you create jobs if the economy won't support it?

merrylander
10-31-2014, 06:27 AM
I am lamenting the fact that the youth of today are too wrapped up in themselves and not curious to read or disseminate information. Easy victims to TV and especially social media. OWS was an anomaly driven by youth joblessness and not any deep understanding of economy.. How do you create jobs if the economy won't support it?

That same sort of BS is permeating our elections here in Maryland. We have out performed Virginia and Pennsylvania in job creations but that a**hole Hogan is running ads saying the opposite. Companies come here not for tax breaks but because of the educated workforce.

Big article in The Atlantic about sexting. Any boy or young man who asks his girl friend to email him an intimate selfie is not worth keeping. Don't parents teach them proper behaviour any more? If we had a daughter I would simply tell her that if a boy does not show her proper respect he is the one with the problem - lose him.

whell
10-31-2014, 06:54 AM

Since most of this board is populated by lefties, that comes as no surprise to me! :p

whell
10-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Ooops, economy posts a 3.5% bump. :) Damn that mooslem, Kenyan, pothed soshulistic, Mau mau-ing anti colonialist democrat...:rolleyes:
http://www.latimes.com/business/jobs/la-fi-gdp-third-quarter--20141030-story.html

Yup, in spite the mooslem, Kenyan, pothed soshulistic, Mau mau-ing anti colonialist democrats, the resilient US economy doth find a way....

merrylander
10-31-2014, 08:15 AM
Since most of this board is populated by lefties, that comes as no surprise to me! :p

Well chum you have not exactly been a fount of wisdom. ;)

Pio1980
10-31-2014, 09:35 AM
That same sort of BS is permeating our elections here in Maryland. We have out performed Virginia and Pennsylvania in job creations but that a**hole Hogan is running ads saying the opposite. Companies come here not for tax breaks but because of the educated workforce.

Big article in The Atlantic about sexting. Any boy or young man who asks his girl friend to email him an intimate selfie is not worth keeping. Don't parents teach them proper behaviour any more? If we had a daughter I would simply tell her that if a boy does not show her proper respect he is the one with the problem - lose him.

The answer to "if you love me you would" is always "if you love me you wouldn't".

merrylander
10-31-2014, 10:09 AM
The answer to "if you love me you would" is always "if you love me you wouldn't".

or "if you love me you will marry me first.":)

piece-itpete
10-31-2014, 10:28 AM
.. How do you create jobs if the economy won't support it?

It's good to agree now and then Beam :)

Pete

bobabode
10-31-2014, 12:19 PM
yup, in spite the mooslem, kenyan, pothed soshulistic, mau mau-ing anti colonialist democrats, the resilient us economy doth find a way....

well chum you have not exactly been a fount of wisdom. ;)

bam! :d

merrylander
10-31-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm feeling kinder and gentler this week, Wednesday was our 31st Anniversary.

barbara
10-31-2014, 02:30 PM

Congrats!!

bobabode
10-31-2014, 02:37 PM

Happy Anniversary Florence and Rob. :)

nailer
10-31-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm feeling kinder and gentler this week ...

I hadn't noticed. ;)

piece-itpete
10-31-2014, 02:47 PM
X3!

Pete

Rajoo
10-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Congrats Mr. Yamaha. :)

whell
11-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Congrats, and high hopes for many more!

merrylander
11-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Thank you all and yes we do hope for more. Every year we would give thanks and ask 'Lord since we met so late in life, may we please have thirty more years" One of these days He is going to catch on. :)

JJIII
11-01-2014, 09:13 AM
A belated Happy Anniversary!

(You and Florence did build that!):)

Rajoo
11-01-2014, 12:39 PM
(You and Florence did build that!):)

So true and a great way of putting it.

BlueStreak
11-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Haterz gonna hate.

Didn't Marx despise religion and patriotism too?

Not that either haven't been used for shenanigans.

Pete

Pete, Pete, Pete.............

It's not a matter of hating religion and patriotism.

It's a matter of pointing out how it's used to manipulate gullible people.

Dave

BlueStreak
11-01-2014, 01:51 PM

Oh!

Rock on, Rob and Florence!

Here's to a Happy 31st and more to follow!:)

Dave

Ike Bana
11-03-2014, 02:50 PM
There hasn't been any job creation in this country in over 15 years. But profits are way up. Guess how that works.

Pio1980
11-03-2014, 05:32 PM
There hasn't been any job creation in this country in over 15 years. But profits are way up. Guess how that works.

BOHICA!

piece-itpete
11-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Dave, Dave, Dave....

:D

Pete

BlueStreak
11-05-2014, 07:45 AM
Pete, Pete, Pete....

It's the truth.:D

Dave