PDA

View Full Version : Napa Valley wine train

noonereal
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Seems the GOP placed the Napa Valley wine train on their "wasted money" from the stimulus list.

Read the truth.

The GOP is just a dirt anti american gang.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/28/kaye.wine.train/?hpt=C1

Fast_Eddie
01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Good Lord. The Wine train is really cool. I used it in a promo once when I lived in San Francisco. Our host asked the engineer if he could drive the train which elicited the exasperated response "YOU DON'T DRIVE A TRAIN!" It was really cute.

Boreas
01-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Good Lord. The Wine train is really cool. I used it in a promo once when I lived in San Francisco. Our host asked the engineer if he could drive the train which elicited the exasperated response "YOU DON'T DRIVE A TRAIN!" It was really cute.

I live in the Russian River wine district, one valley west of the Napa Valley. These floods are no joke when you live out here. They're devastating to the local economy. There's so much adobe in the soil out here that it won't perk worth a shit. The flood water just ponds and the land stays inundated for months.

The Napa, Sonoma and Russian River Valleys make up the most productive and valuable wine district in the country and one of the best in the world. (And I don't even drink. ;)) Protecting it should be a national priority.

As for that SOB Tom Coburn, our own Dr. Mengele, he doesn't even have the decency to revise his position when confronted with the facts. And McCain's just a senile old curmudgeon. The engineer probably wouldn't let him blow the whistle once.

John

finnbow
01-29-2010, 08:09 PM
This happens to fit the GOP narrative real well. They can appear fiscally responsible while taking on Chardonnay sipping, Bay Area liberal elites. Facts be damned.

noonereal
01-30-2010, 06:14 AM
I live in the Russian River wine district, one valley west of the Napa Valley. These floods are no joke when you live out here. They're devastating to the local economy. There's so much adobe in the soil out here that it won't perk worth a shit. The flood water just ponds and the land stays inundated for months.

The Napa, Sonoma and Russian River Valleys make up the most productive and valuable wine district in the country and one of the best in the world. (And I don't even drink. ;)) Protecting it should be a national priority.

As for that SOB Tom Coburn, our own Dr. Mengele, he doesn't even have the decency to revise his position when confronted with the facts. And McCain's just a senile old curmudgeon. The engineer probably wouldn't let him blow the whistle once.

John

I was thinking of you when I p[osted this John, I agree.

Save our wine country! ;)

merrylander
01-30-2010, 07:12 AM
So when has Coburn or McCain ever let the facts get in the way?