PDA

View Full Version : Spam.

Combwork
02-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Do any of those leeches trying to steal money from people maybe too naive for their own good ever get caught?

merrylander
02-04-2010, 07:21 AM
If any ever were it received damn little publicity.

Sandy G
02-04-2010, 09:01 AM
No, but I wish they could be caught. And given the death penalty, slowly, painfully, horribly on TV...In ways that would make even Himmler blush...

rickr15
02-04-2010, 10:20 AM
They have spam laws here and are cracking down on the ones based in the states.
Spammers merely moved their operations offshore most notably Nigeria and Russia who could care less if their citizens spam other countries as any money collected is a part of their GNP.

d-ray657
02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
But, but, but . . .I'm planning to meet the Nigerian prince tomorrow. Don't tell me he's not a real prince. You guys spoil all the fun.

Regards,

D-Ray

BlueStreak
02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
It amazes me that people are stupid and greedy enough to fall for it.

Dave

noonereal
02-04-2010, 11:40 AM
It amazes me that people are stupid and greedy enough to fall for it.

Dave

I think 5 out of 10 times desperation makes people fall for it.

then you have the greedy that can't think straight when the lure of monies arises
then you have the poor folks who don't know any better

I used to work on 34th and 5th and on Saturday the 3 card monty guys would come out and fleece folks who were no different than you and I

Some folks blew all there big apple vacation money and would just sit on the curb and cry

piece-itpete
02-04-2010, 11:57 AM
There's private groups that mess with the spammers.

Ever hear of the Church of the Painted Breast?

http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm

Pete

BlueStreak
02-05-2010, 12:21 AM
I think 5 out of 10 times desperation makes people fall for it.

then you have the greedy that can't think straight when the lure of monies arises
then you have the poor folks who don't know any better

I used to work on 34th and 5th and on Saturday the 3 card monty guys would come out and fleece folks who were no different than you and I

Some folks blew all there big apple vacation money and would just sit on the curb and cry

There was a segment on CNN several years ago about people who were duped into this nonsense. One of them was a wealthy businessman who sent over a million bucks to some faux lawyer in Nigeria. He received an e-mail telling him he had to fly to Switzerland to pick up his "Inheritence Check for $15,000,000.". When he arrived at the airport in Switzerland, of course there was no one there to greet him with the check. This imbecile then looks into the camera and says, "That's when I realized I had never had an uncle who lived in Africa."

No shit? Goes to prove you can be a nipplehead and still get rich, I guess.

Regards,
Dave

noonereal
02-05-2010, 07:46 AM
No shit? Goes to prove you can be a nipplehead and still get rich, I guess.

Regards,
Dave

Absolutely.

I have seldom seen a correlation between intelligence and wealth. What I have found is a correction between birth and wealth.