PDA

View Full Version : John Boehner speaks the truth, I think (for a change)

finnbow
02-05-2010, 08:15 AM
"There really is no difference between what Republicans believe in and what the tea party activists believe in." I'm trying to unpack this statement from the House Minority Leader a bit. Of course, he's sucking up to the Teabaggers because he doesn't want the wingnuts to bail, but will this drive the GOP moderates away (both of them)?:confused:

noonereal
02-05-2010, 09:06 AM
"There really is no difference between what Republicans believe in and what the tea party activists believe in." I'm trying to unpack this statement from the House Minority Leader a bit. Of course, he's sucking up to the Teabaggers because he doesn't want the wingnuts to bail, but will this drive the GOP moderates away (both of them)?:confused:

no

there are no gop moderates anymore

even the ones that think they are moderate identify with the radicals views as long as someone with a jacket and tie mouth them

Fast_Eddie
02-05-2010, 10:01 AM

It's intersting. The Republicans have a brand crisis that is outdone only by the Tea Party folks. At one time, the Tea gang tried to make themselves out to be the unrepresented middle. But just last night I saw someone on a facebook post self identify as a Tea Party member and then go on to explain that they are ultra conservative. Hum.

I believe that's what this thing is turning into. A far right spin off of the Republican party. Kind of like the Green party off to the left of the Democrats. If they coordinate and work together they could be a big political force. But if they just push the Republicans further right it will benefit the Democrats.

BlueStreak
02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Well, Mr. "Suntan in a Bottle" speaks. Good, let the mysteriously copper colored denizen of wintery Ohio claim the Anarchis......ooops, my bad.......Tea Party for his own. You know, I caught a glimps of something the other day.
In a video clip of some "Teabaggers" there was this fat woman holding a picket that said something like; "Stop spending my childs future!!!" Someone needs to tell that gelatinous blob to stop EATING her kids future. Although the rotten little piglet is probably obese too, and has no future.

Anyhow, I work with one of these "Tea Partiers", although I usually refer to him as "the plant wingnut". He was telling me (angrily) how the time has come for a "revolution". I said, "Ya know, I read somewhere once that every revolution eventually ends up in the same place, with abuse of power.". His response? "That's when we kill the motherfuckers and replace them."

Yeah, that'll work.

Idiot.

Regards,
Dave

merrylander
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM

And what they believe in is nada, nothing, rien,so this does not surprise me in the least.:p