PDA

View Full Version : Changing of posts.

Tom Joad
01-16-2015, 12:23 PM
On every other forum I have been on it has been a violation of the rules for one poster to quote another and deliberately change the wording of the post. If that's not a rule here it should be IMO. This is about as cheap a shot as anyone can take.

finnbow
01-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Says the fellow who has made a habit of mischaracterizing others' posts and sticking words in their mouths.:confused:

Tom Joad
01-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Says the fellow who has made a habit of mischaracterizing others' posts and sticking words in their mouths.:confused:

I have never changed the words of anyone's post.

However if your buddy Whell persists in changing mine I will demonstrate how two can play that game.

finnbow
01-16-2015, 01:39 PM
However if your buddy Whell persists in changing mine I will demonstrate how two can play house.

Fixed that for ya.;)

JBS...
01-16-2015, 01:51 PM

However if your buddy Whell persists in changing mine I will demonstrate how two can play that game.

Ohhh Nooo, watch out Whell the king is coming for ya :eek:

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/jbstemp/sandbox_zpsb6a8cc6a.jpg (http://s825.photobucket.com/user/jbstemp/media/sandbox_zpsb6a8cc6a.jpg.html)

Dondilion
01-16-2015, 01:58 PM
There is nothing wrong with the existing changing a post since it is announced as such.

Additionally it often makes for biting commentary. :D

Tom Joad
01-16-2015, 02:03 PM
There is nothing wrong with the existing changing a post since it is announced as such.

Additionally it often makes for biting commentary. :D

I think it's a cheap trick myself.

However I am not going to unilaterally disarm.

Since there is no rule against it, I'll put it in my arsenal to be used in self defense.

d-ray657
01-16-2015, 05:50 PM
I think it's a cheap trick myself.

However I am not going to unilaterally disarm.

Since there is no rule against it, I'll put it in my arsenal to be used in self defense.

I really don't see this forum as a battlefield. Yes, we have heated discussions and we have deeply held views, but we do not come here to look for enemies to destroy. If that is your view of the purpose for this forum, it will diminish the value of the forum for you and for others.

Regards,

D-Ray

ebacon
01-16-2015, 05:59 PM
fixed that for ya.;)

lol! :d

JBS...
01-16-2015, 06:32 PM
I really don't see this forum as a battlefield. Yes, we have heated discussions and we have deeply held views, but we do not come here to look for enemies to destroy. If that is your view of the purpose for this forum, it will diminish the value of the forum for you and for others.

Regards,

D-Ray

Thank you :cool:

Tom Joad
01-16-2015, 07:41 PM

Regards,

D-Ray

Whatever Dude.

I don't care about this anymore.

Caring is for weaklings.

Rajoo
01-16-2015, 07:50 PM
With adults, best rule is no rules and we should police ourselves.

Tom Joad
01-16-2015, 07:54 PM

Works for me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_q-aL4xQDI

donquixote99
01-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Why does everyone get mixed up with that one? I mean, look what happens to the guy who says 'no rules!' I say that thing should teach you to like rules, but no one gets that.

bobabode
01-16-2015, 10:37 PM

Ditto.

Zeke
01-16-2015, 11:21 PM
Whatever Dude.

I don't care about this anymore.

Caring is for weaklings.

Meh.

You only "cared" in the first place because you -- regularly -- get your ass kicked, intellectually.

Now that it's happened in this whiner thread you, suddenly, "don't care."

Get a life.

d-ray657
01-16-2015, 11:51 PM
Meh.

You only "cared" in the first place because you -- regularly -- get your ass kicked, intellectually.

Now that it's happened in this whiner thread you, suddenly, "don't care."

Get a life.

As I said, I don't think that this forum is about enemies to destroy - or asses to kick for that matter.

Regards,

D-Ray

Zeke
01-16-2015, 11:55 PM
As I said, I don't think that this forum is about enemies to destroy - or asses to kick for that matter.

Regards,

D-Ray

Concur in all respects.

That said, the Joadian motive is (ahem) questionable.

JJIII
01-17-2015, 07:49 AM

Regards,

D-Ray

Regards,

D-Ray

Good luck, Don.

(Look out, you may earn the moniker "Sister Mary DJ".):D

whell
01-17-2015, 08:15 AM

Good Lord. Get over yourself and have a bit of fun once in a while. Whenever folks around here "change posts", its usually a good-natured poke in the ribs. At least that's how I see it. Usually such "changed posts" are accompanied by a smiley icon, like this: :p

whell
01-17-2015, 08:16 AM
Ohhh Nooo, watch out Whell the king is coming for ya :eek:

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/jbstemp/sandbox_zpsb6a8cc6a.jpg (http://s825.photobucket.com/user/jbstemp/media/sandbox_zpsb6a8cc6a.jpg.html)

Perfect!