PDA

View Full Version : Latest episode of the Wasilly Hillbillies...

noonereal
02-05-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35238034/ns/politics/

"The governor coached her staff on how to disguise the amount of electrical work needed at the mansion to hook up her new tanning bed."

And many more laughs..

noonereal
02-07-2010, 09:36 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/07/palin-willing-obama/

The show was a grad success!

Sarah for KIng!

d-ray657
02-07-2010, 12:05 PM
I wonder who's writing her stuff these days. The photo of her on that link makes her look like she just smelled a fart.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
02-07-2010, 12:23 PM
The photo of her on that link makes her look like she just smelled a fart.

You know, Don, I get something very different from that expression. I see a very smirky and conspiratorial look as if she were sharing some secret with the person she's looking at, or maybe just with her self. for instance, "I've got these rube's eating out of the palm of my hand (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)."

John

merrylander
02-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Maybe she just farted.

Boreas
02-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Maybe she just farted.

Ah, that would explain it!

John

BlueStreak
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35238034/ns/politics/

"The governor coached her staff on how to disguise the amount of electrical work needed at the mansion to hook up her new tanning bed."

And many more laughs..

So, has Boehner been hanging out at the Palin residence?

Just had to ask.

Dave

BlueStreak
02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/07/palin-willing-obama/

The show was a grad success!

Sarah for KIng!

One can only hope....................

Dave

merrylander
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
But then we would have to send her to Denmark for surgery.:rolleyes:

Boreas
02-07-2010, 03:41 PM
But then we would have to send her to Denmark for surgery.:rolleyes:

Nah, they do it in B'more now, at JHH. Maybe Todd could stay with you. ;)

John

noonereal
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
JHH = Johns Hopkins Hospital?

Boreas
02-07-2010, 05:29 PM
JHH = Johns Hopkins Hospital?

10-4!

John

noonereal
02-07-2010, 08:34 PM
10-4!

John

Those folks down there are way smart.;)

westgate
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
whilst flipping thru the channels, when i came to fnc, about 1 min ago; they're running sarah belles speech from last night apparently instead of geraldos show.

nope, just excerpts i guess. with some woman guest hosting for geraldo.

merrylander
02-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Fat chance. (Of any Palin crossing our threshold, in fact they would be given 30 seconds to get off the property.)

noonereal
02-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Since Sarah first appeared on the scene I have always though of her rise and position on the national scene as an Eward Albee play from the Theater Of The Absurd genre.

This just continues:

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2010/02/did-sarah-palin-use-tea-party-crib-notes-on-her-hand-and-what-did-they-say.html

Here is a women sitting on stage in front of thousands of people explaining world and national issues who is a certifiable idiot.To top it all off she has cheater notes on her hand like a child.

What is wrong with this country?

How can anyone not see the absurdity of this?

How can so many rationalize that being stupid is fine because they are?

Honest, I am disgusted beyond words.

Time to take our country back before these morons take us under.

finnbow
02-08-2010, 08:38 AM
To top it all off she has cheater notes on her hand like a child.

Hey, it's only cheating if you get caught. Oops. When is this dumb b_tch's star gonna fade? Somehow, I'm not sure it will because her followers seem to be the types that revel in their own ignorance. The stupider she appears, the more she becomes like her followers. Remember they don't want elites (i.e., educated people) as leaders.:confused: The dumber, the better.

noonereal
02-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey, it's only cheating if you get caught. Oops. When is this dumb b_tch's star gonna fade? Somehow, I'm not sure it will because her followers seem to be the types that revel in their own ignorance. The stupider she appears, the more she becomes like her followers. Remember they don't want elites (i.e., educated people) as leaders.:confused: The dumber, the better.

But why are there so many of them?

Sarah is proof that we have failed as a country and we had better take education much more seriously.

finnbow
02-08-2010, 08:48 AM
But why are there so many of them?

Any fringe movement can attract 5-10%, particularly whey have their own news network and radio station to spew their silliness. With the evenly split electorate we have, the party that aligns most closely with a particular group of miscreants has to kowtow to them lest they stay at home on election day or form their own splinter party.

piece-itpete
02-08-2010, 09:06 AM
"How'z that hope-y change-y thing workin' out for ya?" ;)

Pete

noonereal
02-08-2010, 09:08 AM

Pete

No change but at least we are not being dragged backwards.

finnbow
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Pete

Better than the 8 preceding years, FWIW. I'm not exactly a full-fledged Obama fanboy, but he was the best choice of the 2 provided and way better than the confused chimp that occupied 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

BlueStreak
02-08-2010, 11:05 AM

Pete

Actually, it would seem things are beginning to ease a bit. Not much, granted. But considering how far and how fast we were falling a couple years ago..................................

Dave

Boreas
02-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Actually, it would seem things are beginning to ease a bit. Not much, granted. But considering how far and how fast we were falling a couple years ago..................................

Dave

I agree, Dave. I'm tellin' ya, this is an "instant gratification society" and the Cons are playing their base like a fiddle on this one.

BushCo absolutely wrecked this country's economy. Anybody who is in any doubt about this needs to take Tancredo's literacy test. Sorry, but them's the facks. Now, Bush's enablers are trying to hang everything on Obama and saying in effect, "Oh, yeah? Well, it yer such a clever little darkie how come you ain't fixed nuthin' yet?"

John

piece-itpete
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
The FACT is that the whistle on derivatives was blown during Clintons watch.

Sorry....

Pete

Boreas
02-08-2010, 11:56 AM

Sorry....

Pete

Want to expand on that a little bit? One liners don't do much to advance our understanding.

And if you think that derivatives are the whole story you're dreaming.

John

piece-itpete
02-08-2010, 12:02 PM
A-1 reason, housing market collapsed.

http://dailybail.com/home/pbs-frontline-the-warning-how-greenspan-summers-rubin-conspi.html

But they're intellegent oneliners John :D

Pete

piece-itpete
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
intellegent

Lmao!!

Pete

Fast_Eddie
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM

I guess it was a good line for the audience, but really, for everyone else, is that effective?

I'm not talking about us hopeless liberal shills. I know I'm not objective. But wouldn't a lot of people say "well, it's working okay I guess. Nothing terrible has happened. Just hoped they'd get more done." ??

I could be wrong. But I would use a line like that after some terrible gaff. You could have said somthing like that after the economy went to hell and we found ourselves in two wars under Bush's watch. But what horrible thing has Obama done that would make that line work?

Boreas
02-08-2010, 12:22 PM

Agreed but, again, that ain't the whole reason we're in the tiolet.

John

Boreas
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I guess it was a good line for the audience, but really, for everyone else, is that effective?

I'm not talking about us hopeless liberal shills. I know I'm not objective. But wouldn't a lot of people say "well, it's working okay I guess. Nothing terrible has happened. Just hoped they'd get more done." ??

I could be wrong. But I would use a line like that after some terrible gaff. You could have said somthing like that after the economy went to hell and we found ourselves in two wars under Bush's watch. But what horrible thing has Obama done that would make that line work?

Her entire speech was a barely coherent string of talking points and sound bytes. Sadly, that's what works now, why Palin gets heard and Obama doesn't. Reasoned and persuasive exposition loses out to the easily portable one liner every time these days.

We've lost the faculty for listening. Sarah Palin is the latest most convincing proof of that. at any other time in our history she'd be laughed off the stage.

John

piece-itpete
02-08-2010, 12:40 PM

I'm not a big fan of Palin. But I'm a big fan of a good line and it was funny!

We'll see what the common man believes come November ;)

Pete

Btw, can't resist:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/z/8/2/hopenosis.gif

Boreas
02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of Palin. But I'm a big fan of a good line and it was funny!

Relevance and an element of truth are pretty essential ingredients for humor.

John

piece-itpete
02-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Relevance and an element of truth are pretty essential ingredients for humor.

John

We agree on something!! :)

Pete

merrylander
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM

Sorry....

Pete

By Phil Gramm, and Rubin was cunning enough to tell Clinton it was a good idea, and look where he wound up.:rolleyes:

piece-itpete
02-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Heck Rob the whole thing stinks. But change was coming ;)

Pete

merrylander
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Pete

No it was not, it was our mortgage laws, designed by thieves for thieves. Some crooked Mortgage Broker recommends a client for a mortgage loan knowing the client could not meet the payments. He collected his one or two points and ran. Wells Fargo (one of the chief offenders) granted the mortgage took their one or two pints and bundled it with other equally fraudulent mortgages into a derivative, sold it and ran.

Had the brokers and banks been honest it probably would have not happened. Hell one broker got a $115,000 mortgage for a woman on welfare for a home that was worth $16,000 at most.
:rolleyes:

noonereal
02-08-2010, 02:38 PM
No it was not, it was our mortgage laws, designed by thieves for thieves. Some crooked Mortgage Broker recommends a client for a mortgage loan knowing the client could not meet the payments. He collected his one or two points and ran. Wells Fargo (one of the chief offenders) granted the mortgage took their one or two pints and bundled it with other equally fraudulent mortgages into a derivative, sold it and ran.

Had the brokers and banks been honest it probably would have not happened. Hell one broker got a $115,000 mortgage for a woman on welfare for a home that was worth $16,000 at most.
:rolleyes:

Brokers falsified credit apps, kicked back money to dirty appraisers, submitted fraudulent documentations.........

and I know of no case where even one has been charged

why?

merrylander
02-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Probably all those loyal Republican attornies Rove stuck us with.

noonereal
02-11-2010, 12:07 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/02/09/msnbcs_matthews_palin_has_nothing_going_on_mentall y.html

I think Chris is right on the money with his appraisal of Sarah.

Boreas
02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/02/09/msnbcs_matthews_palin_has_nothing_going_on_mentall y.html

I think Chris is right on the money with his appraisal of Sarah.

Yeah, saw that. The funny thing is he likened her to Bush as an "empty vessel". Matthews used to sorta like Bush, loved his package in that flight suit.

If you want to see something truly disgusting, watch this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxnNE8hofJg

Even people who are aligned with the Right ought to find this offensive. I sure do.

John

merrylander
02-11-2010, 12:48 PM
John, anyone who has a blog "atlashrugs.com" you must know is a wing-nut par excellence.

Boreas
02-11-2010, 12:49 PM
John, anyone who has a blog "atlashrugs.com" you must know is a wing-nut par excellence.

Oh, I thought she sold Persian carpets.

John

BlueStreak
02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Good videos.

Thanks,
Dave

BlueStreak
02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh, I thought she sold Persian carpets.

John

She does. Well, "magic carpets" anyhow.

Dave

BlueStreak
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Well, guys, it's time for my do nothing, welfare check collecting liberal no-load ass to go to work.

Talk to ya later,
Dave

merrylander
02-11-2010, 02:08 PM
This do nothing lazy assed senior is having a Sam Adams after clearing snow from various parts of the estate. They have yet to plow the effing road so I guess tomorrow It will mean get out the blower and unplug the driveway. I have see enough snow to last me for the next 30 years, thank you very much.

noonereal
02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah, saw that. The funny thing is he likened her to Bush as an "empty vessel". Matthews used to sorta like Bush, loved his package in that flight suit.

If you want to see something truly disgusting, watch this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxnNE8hofJg

Even people who are aligned with the Right ought to find this offensive. I sure do.

John

Yes, Matthews was very supportive of Bush when he was first appointed President.