PDA

View Full Version : The Saints ain't Aints no more

d-ray657
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
I guess is was worth it to triple my television viewing for the year. That was an entertaining game. It was fun to watch it with a few friends.

Dave, I'm afraid I might have let you down. One of the attendees (employed in the coal industry) made a comment about Obama being better at predicting football games than elections. I said that New Orleans was democratic territory after Katrina, so it was natural to go that way. His response was "sure it is, that's where the democrats get their vote because it is all black." I decided at that time that I didn't want to ruin things for my friend who was hosting the party, so I held off doing anything more to expose his prejudices. It would have been fun to say, however, that it's too bad for McCain that there are more African Americans than there are bankers, but I remained the diplomat. Sorry.

Regards,

D-Ray

Boreas
02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I decided at that time that I didn't want to ruin things for my friend who was hosting the party, so I held off doing anything more to expose his prejudices.

Incredible self control, Don. I don't know whether I could have kept my trap shut.

With that exception, glad you enjoyed the game. It was a good one.

John

BlueStreak
02-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I think you done the right thing. There is a time and a place, my Friend.

I turned the game on. Watched it for a while, got bored and turned on some music. Left the T.V. on so I could see the game, but dropped an LP (Led Zep) onto the B&O and began polishing the Luxman dustcover. I dunno, sports just aren't my thing. I'd rather just jam and futz around with my gear. I'm just wired that way.

I did, however call a lady friend of mine after the game to console her. (BIG Colts fan.)

Dave

d-ray657
02-08-2010, 12:04 AM
I think you done the right thing. There is a time and a place, my Friend.

I turned the game on. Watched it for a while, got bored and turned on some music. Left the T.V. on so I could see the game, but dropped an LP (Led Zep) onto the B&O and began polishing the Luxman dustcover. I dunno, sports just aren't my thing. I'd rather just jam and futz around with my gear. I'm just wired that way.

I did, however call a lady friend of mine after the game to console her. (BIG Colts fan.)

Dave

If I hadn't been invited over for the game, I doubt I would have thought to turn it on. I am just out of the habit. I would have liked to fiddled with a Tascam DAT 30 that I picked up, but friends are friends, and that was more important than the game and the Tascam.

Regards,

D-Ray

Sandy G
02-08-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm glad the Ain'ts won, Chocolate Ray, Katrina, Negro City & all that other "Race Card" hogwash notwithstanding. Peyton ain't done yet, maybe next year.

Charles
02-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Halftime show stunk, almost as bad as when they had the Stones.

Should have had Tom Petty back.

Chas

merrylander
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Never watch the game, but nice to hear the Colts lost, what did they do, sneak off in the fourth quarter?