PDA

View Full Version : Thin Skinned Protesters

d-ray657
02-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Apparently it's OK to ridicule the president and other public officials, but the Tea partiers get bent out of shape if it appears that Captain America is critical of the movement.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1129

Regards,

D-Ray

Charles
02-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Who'da thunk it...Captain America is a faggot kissin' commie!!!

Chas

Boreas
02-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Who'da thunk it...Captain America is a faggot kissin' commie!!!

Chas

I thought that was commie kissin' fagot.

John

noonereal
02-11-2010, 10:14 PM

John

:rolleyes:who cares what a commie kisses?

:D

Charles
02-11-2010, 11:52 PM

John

Never could get it right the first time.

Chas

BlueStreak
02-12-2010, 03:07 AM
I dunno, I would think opposing Anarchists would be a very American thing?:p

"Commie kissing faggot"?

I prefer the term "commie pinko fag"-----it has a retro feel to it.

Dave

Sandy G
02-12-2010, 06:55 AM
"Long-haired hippie-type pinko fag..."

merrylander
02-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Dear Tea Partyers please don't go away mad - just go away.:rolleyes:

CarlV
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I liked tea baggers better, very fitting and it makes me chuckle every time I read it in print. :)

Carl

Boreas
02-12-2010, 01:12 PM
I liked tea baggers better, very fitting and it makes me chuckle every time I read it in print. :)

I've been criticized for referring to these folks as Teabaggers because it's an "insulting" label. Only thing is it's actually what they called themselves until they figured out what it meant in "certain circles".

Now they want to be called "Tea Party Activists" or something. Somehow, it just doesn't "sing" for me. As far as I'm concerned, they're stuck with their "birth name. ;)

John

piece-itpete
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
"Long-haired hippie-type pinko fag..."

Where you been drivin'? :)

Marvel is sure full of crap, talk about dblspeak!

Pete

d-ray657
02-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Where you been drivin'? :)

Marvel is sure full of crap, talk about dblspeak!

Pete

It's sad how they instantly Marvel caved to the baggers. I guess they figure a large number of the baggers are in Captain America's target audience.

Been awhile since I've seen Andy Capp. Nice Avatar.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
02-12-2010, 02:42 PM
It's sad how they instantly Marvel caved to the baggers. I guess they figure a large number of the baggers are in Captain America's target audience.

Been awhile since I've seen Andy Capp. Nice Avatar.

Regards,

D-Ray

The joke is pretty in keeping with the comics too, decent one liner.

Yeah, spousal fistfighting, smoking and drinking are pretty passe' these days!

They just put a statue of Andy Capp down the street were my mother grew up, 'me gran' knew the lady 'Flo' was modeled on.

Many of us think of Europe as extremely cultured and while it can be the rough edge is VERY rough. My grandmother lived a life very similar to the Capps.

Pete

Sandy G
02-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Actually, I cribbed that line from Charlie Daniels' 1973 hit "Uneasy Rider"...

merrylander
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM

Boreas
02-12-2010, 03:51 PM
They just put a statue of Andy Capp down the street were my mother grew up, 'me gran' knew the lady 'Flo' was modeled on.

Hartlepool? Really? Cool!

Johnhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0b/Andy_Capp_statue.jpg/800px-Andy_Capp_statue.jpg

BlueStreak
02-13-2010, 04:48 PM
I've been criticized for referring to these folks as Teabaggers because it's an "insulting" label. Only thing is it's actually what they called themselves until they figured out what it meant in "certain circles".

Now they want to be called "Tea Party Activists" or something. Somehow, it just doesn't "sing" for me. As far as I'm concerned, they're stuck with their "birth name. ;)

John

Next, it'll be "Tea Party-Americans".:D

Dave

westgate
02-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Next, it'll be "Tea Party-Americans".:D

Dave

or in sarah belle-ese, 'real americans'. :eek:

noonereal
02-13-2010, 10:03 PM

John

they will always be tea-baggers to me

piece-itpete
02-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Hartlepool? Really? Cool!

That last time I went, you know how the customs guy doesn't look right at you while he asks questions: 'Length of stay? Work or pleasure? Destination?'

When I said Hartlepool, he stopped, looked right at me, and said 'why on earth are you going there?' lol.

I love it though.

Pete

merrylander
02-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Here is to all those angry citizens.:rolleyes:

epifanatic
02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but, doesn't everything the TEA party stands for sound like sedition?

merrylander
02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Apparently in our rush to be politically correct and bend over backwards to ensure everyone's First Amendment rights we are willing to allow any and all outrageous speech no matter which end it comes from.

Boreas
02-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Apparently in our rush to be politically correct and bend over backwards to ensure everyone's First Amendment rights we are willing to allow any and all outrageous speech no matter which end it comes from.

It does matter which end it comes from. Remember the "free speech zones" at the 2004 conventions, surrounded with razor wire and patrolled by armed policemen and National Guardsmen? Remember people being arrested for wearing the wrong T-shirts to Bush rallies?

There are only two people I'd like to see lose their free speech rights. That would be Dick Cheney and his little deferment Liz.

John

piece-itpete
02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
When I was in the paddock at a Cheney stop in 04 the Dems there absolutely tried to restrict my free speech.

Pete

Boreas
02-15-2010, 01:45 PM
When I was in the paddock at a Cheney stop in 04 the Dems there absolutely tried to restrict my free speech.

Pete

You're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that, Pete.

I take it you're talking about individuals being disruptive, right? How did you know they were Democrats and not anarchists, communists or even Republican dirty tricksters, maybe some of those trained at the Leadership Institute?

Regardless of who they actually were, it's a far cry from systematic efforts on the part of the authorities to restrict free speech and even to penalize its expression.

John

piece-itpete
02-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Let's see how many anti-Obama signs are at his next appearance.

Pete

Boreas
02-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Let's see how many anti-Obama signs are at his next appearance.

Pete

Shit, Pete, have you forgotten his appearance in New Hampshire last summer? There were protesters everywhere. Some were armed, for Christ's sake!

John

piece-itpete
02-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Inside or outside the auditorium?

Pete

merrylander
02-16-2010, 07:56 AM
What does it matter? Incidentally Heinliein was a good writer but a lousy philosopher, an armed society is rarely polite.

Boreas
02-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Inside or outside the auditorium?

Pete

Outside. Not just in NH either. There were others in AZ.

John

piece-itpete
02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
And Bush had the protesters arrested outside?

Pete

Boreas
02-16-2010, 11:20 AM
And Bush had the protesters arrested outside?

Pete

Yes, but you're going to have to do the homework on that. ;)

Oh, hell, alright.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-07-23-bush-protesters_x.htm
http://www.aclu.org/free-speech/secret-service-and-white-house-charged-violating-free-speech-rights-aclu-lawsuithttp://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0715-07.htm

There were even instances when Secret Service or just Bush goon squads monitored the cars arriving at Bush rallyies and wouldn't let anyone into the event whose car had an anti Bush or pro Kerry bumper sticker. That one you will have to check for yourself.

John

merrylander
02-16-2010, 12:23 PM
There was also the case where the SS arrested a photographer because he took a picture of the building where Cheney was speaking. They were not satisfied with taking the film they took his $525 SLR as well and never returned it, guess Dick has a new camera now.

piece-itpete
02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
OK, he took it farther than it had been done. But, big but :), I'm assuming you've never been to a rally.

Next time Obama is in town, I'll go. And report :D

Pete

piece-itpete
02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I ran this:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLD_enUS341US341&q=obama+rally+arrest

Plenty of arrests. The first hit is the funniest though :D

Pete

Boreas
02-16-2010, 02:22 PM
OK, he took it farther than it had been done. But, big but :), I'm assuming you've never been to a rally.

Next time Obama is in town, I'll go. And report :D

Pete

You know what happens when you assume, don't you?

And you really don't need to report. The evidence is there for anyone with the eyes to see.

John

piece-itpete
02-16-2010, 02:29 PM
I have seen - the Dems in the paddock tried to give me the bums rush.

Pete

Boreas
02-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I have seen - the Dems in the paddock tried to give me the bums rush.

Pete

Who specifically were these people? Were they Secret Service, security personnel or just assholes giving you a hard time?

Face it, Pete, you've got nothing on this.

John

piece-itpete
02-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Although I realise Democrats would never play dirty politics, being the saintly folks they are, particularly in Cleveland :rolleyes:, here's the story, believe it or not as you will:

Cheney spoke in Parma Ohio in the 04 election cycle, right down the street from me.

I didn't get tickets but thought it would be fun to head down there and I wasn't disappointed. The right has their kind of nuts but this was a circus.

I'm standing there with my Bush/Cheney sign and the secret service direct me into a 'paddock' across the street from the location (a church).

I was immediately accosted by 4 big union guys - your guys, Democrats, the 'leadership' of the protests in the paddock trying to make it a unified Dem-only zone, like it or not.

Being from around here myself I held my ground. Finally in desperation the leader pulls me aside and says 'I can't guarantee your safety' lol. I told him I'll stand right there (pointing) and if anything happens it's on you.

After about 5 minutes there is a concerted chorus of folks yelling for the s.s. and pointing at me. Unknown to me no sticks were allowed, and I had my sign on a stick. So they get their way, I'm down the street aways on the sidewalk.

Many details left out, some very embarrassing to polite Dems.

Epilogue - As things were winding up, the guy who led the thug brigade in the paddock drove by - flipping me off.

I strongly urge everyone to go to one of these things. See for yourself.

Pete

Boreas
02-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Although I realise Democrats would never play dirty politics, being the saintly folks they are, particularly in Cleveland :rolleyes:, here's the story, believe it or not as you will:

Cheney spoke in Parma Ohio in the 04 election cycle, right down the street from me.

I didn't get tickets but thought it would be fun to head down there and I wasn't disappointed. The right has their kind of nuts but this was a circus.

I'm standing there with my Bush/Cheney sign and the secret service direct me into a 'paddock' across the street from the location (a church).

I was immediately accosted by 4 big union guys - your guys, Democrats, the 'leadership' of the protests in the paddock trying to make it a unified Dem-only zone, like it or not.

Being from around here myself I held my ground. Finally in desperation the leader pulls me aside and says 'I can't guarantee your safety' lol. I told him I'll stand right there (pointing) and if anything happens it's on you.

After about 5 minutes there is a concerted chorus of folks yelling for the s.s. and pointing at me. Unknown to me no sticks were allowed, and I had my sign on a stick. So they get their way, I'm down the street aways on the sidewalk.

Many details left out, some very embarrassing to polite Dems.

Epilogue - As things were winding up, the guy who led the thug brigade in the paddock drove by - flipping me off.

I strongly urge everyone to go to one of these things. See for yourself.

Pete

So, you've got some union protesters and you've got a rule against sticks as potential weapons. Then, because the thugs pointed out that you were violating the rule about sticks, you were asked to leave by some form of authority.

Yeah, that's exactly the same as being arrested for wearing the wrong T-shirt.

Oh, and those union guys? They were packin' heat, right?

John