PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan tangle with Hannity over Iran.

Dondilion
04-05-2015, 01:52 PM
It is pretty rare on Fox to get a strong opposing view on Iran. This occurred despite Hannity's attempt to interrupt and over ride.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/when-conservatives-tangle-pat-buchanan-and-sean-hannity-spar-over-iran.

Boreas
04-05-2015, 02:17 PM
It is pretty rare on Fox to get a strong opposing view on Iran. This occurred despite Hannity's attempt to interrupt and over ride.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/when-conservatives-tangle-pat-buchanan-and-sean-hannity-spar-over-iran.

Buchannan has always been pretty clear-headed about Iraq and it seems that he's on target regarding Iran too. I think he's right about Netanyahu too but his infamous anti-Semitism makes it difficult to credit his views as a whole.

John

Dondilion
04-05-2015, 02:29 PM
but his infamous anti-Semitism makes it difficult to credit his views as a whole.

John

You are right.

bobabode
04-05-2015, 03:32 PM
"What about Iran's ambitions to "build a huge power for themselves in the region," Hannity asked.
"Sean, the reason Iran's going to be a power in the Gulf is because your president, George W. Bush, invaded Iraq and turned it into a (satellite) of Iran...The reason we're in this position is because Saddam Hussein, a thug, was overthrown. His state was destroyed. His army was broken up. Elections were held by Bush -- democracy crusades...and the Shia won. And we lost Iraq!"
"You believe that we can make a deal with the Iranians. You believe peace with the Iranians in our time! Is that what you're saying?" Hannity asked.
"No, I'm not scared of Iran, for God's sakes. They don't have an atomic bomb."
"Now you sound like Obama! Iran is a tiny country. They're not a threat. You believe that?" Hannity asked.
"Bibi's sitting on 200 atom bombs and he's fretting over Iran, which hasn't even produced weapons-grade uranium," Buchanan replied.
"And this is going to create...an arms race that the likes of which the world has never seen," Hannity responded.
"Oh, cut it out, Sean...The United States could finish off Iran in an afternoon. What are you frightened of, Sean?"
"Just like we finished off North Korea in an afternoon, right, Pat? I think you're dreaming."
"I think you're hysterical, Sean."

Sean, hysterical? Say it ain't so...:rolleyes:

Boreas
04-05-2015, 03:43 PM
I think the Republican Old Guard may have finally had enough of these assholes.... the Foxes, the Palins, the Cruzes and the Tea Party. They've damn near destroyed the party

John

finnbow
04-05-2015, 04:58 PM
I think the Republican Old Guard may have finally had enough of these assholes.... the Foxes, the Palins, the Cruzes and the Tea Party. They've damn near destroyed the party

John

However, much to the chagrin of the Old Guard, they have become the party.

Boreas
04-05-2015, 05:11 PM

Yes, and they're not so much an opposition party as they are an insurgency, even against the saner voices in their own party..... even against some of the crazies if they don't adhere to established orthodoxy.

Suddenly Mike Pence.... Mike Pence! is a "RINO" because he caved on the Indiana RFRA.

John

Tom Joad
04-05-2015, 06:13 PM

I agree with that.

There isn't a lot of the old guard left.

The crazies far outnumber them.

Tom Joad
04-05-2015, 06:20 PM
"What about Iran's ambitions to "build a huge power for themselves in the region," Hannity asked.
"Sean, the reason Iran's going to be a power in the Gulf is because your president, George W. Bush, invaded Iraq and turned it into a (satellite) of Iran...The reason we're in this position is because Saddam Hussein, a thug, was overthrown. His state was destroyed. His army was broken up. Elections were held by Bush -- democracy crusades...and the Shia won. And we lost Iraq!"
"You believe that we can make a deal with the Iranians. You believe peace with the Iranians in our time! Is that what you're saying?" Hannity asked.
"No, I'm not scared of Iran, for God's sakes. They don't have an atomic bomb."
"Now you sound like Obama! Iran is a tiny country. They're not a threat. You believe that?" Hannity asked.
"Bibi's sitting on 200 atom bombs and he's fretting over Iran, which hasn't even produced weapons-grade uranium," Buchanan replied.
"And this is going to create...an arms race that the likes of which the world has never seen," Hannity responded.
"Oh, cut it out, Sean...The United States could finish off Iran in an afternoon. What are you frightened of, Sean?"
"Just like we finished off North Korea in an afternoon, right, Pat? I think you're dreaming."
"I think you're hysterical, Sean."

Sean, hysterical? Say it ain't so...:rolleyes:

Buchanan sounds sensible on this.

Hard to believe this is coming from a Republican.

bobabode
04-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Yes, and they're not so much an opposition party as they are an insurgency, even against the saner voices in their own party..... even against some of the crazies if they don't adhere to established orthodoxy.

Suddenly Mike Pence.... Mike Pence! is a "RINO" because he caved on the Indiana RFRA.

John

It's like watching some low budget 'end times' zombie sci fi flick :rolleyes:

It would be funny to watch if the country wasn't awash in guns.

djv8ga
04-05-2015, 07:07 PM

John
Pat is as pro Tea Party as it gets. It was the "Old Guard" that ripped & disowned him because of his tough stance against NAFTA and his support for tariffs to even the playing field.

Boreas
04-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Pat is as pro Tea Party as it gets.

A quick Google would seem to suggest you're right. Or it suggests he's sympathetic to many of the Tea Party's aims.

It was the "Old Guard" that ripped & disowned him because of his tough stance against NAFTA and his support for tariffs to even the playing field.

So, the Tea Party's pro tariff? I wasn't aware of that. (I'm pro-tariff.) I thought they were knee-jerk free traders.

As for NAFTA, pretty much everyone's opposed to that and anything else that smells like it.

That won't stop the passage of the TPP though.

BlueStreak
04-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Sean Hannity is the Pied Piper of Simpleminded Twits.

djv8ga
04-05-2015, 08:44 PM
That won't stop the passage of the TPP though.
I hear very little discussion about it.

Boreas
04-05-2015, 09:03 PM
I hear very little discussion about it.

If you like NAFTA, you'll love TPP!

donquixote99
04-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Buchanan sounds sensible on this.

Hard to believe this is coming from a Republican.

There you have it. Yesterday's 'right wing fringe' is now sensible compared to the new baseline.