PDA

View Full Version : Take me with ya, Jesus!!!!

BlueStreak
04-20-2015, 10:29 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/20/michele-bachmann-obama-rapture_n_7104136.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013

I thought "The Rapture" was something whacko-freaks like Bachmann and her obviously-gay-but-deeply-in-denial-quasi-husband look forward to? Shouldn't she be thanking Obama for triggering Armageddon, thus clearing the way for the sandal wearing hippies return?:rolleyes:

Dave

finnbow
04-21-2015, 06:57 AM
From the article:

“Any nation that accepts God and his principles is blessed, and those who push away are cursed."

It sounds like she may be going off to join ISIS. Lots of Minnesota folks seem to be doing it nowadays.

nailer
04-21-2015, 11:57 AM
The blessed/cursed thing has gotten me since I was a kid and at 60 I still don't get it.

Tom Joad
04-21-2015, 12:05 PM
The blessed/cursed thing has gotten me since I was a kid and at 60 I still don't get it.

The one that gets me is how The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost can all be the same thing. :confused:

I mean WTF?

donquixote99
04-21-2015, 01:34 PM
The one that gets me is how The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost can all be the same thing. :confused:

I mean WTF?

Big Daddy and the Kid are obvious enough. Holy Ghost, I think, is the female mother goddess faded-out and de-sexified because the church fathers were giant MCPs. That made space for the Mary deification, of course. But as goddesses go, Mary is totally restricted in status and role. Like, she's not really god-level, she's human, and her portfolio is childbearing and sympathy, period. She doesn't get to have any ambition, or actual independent power. She can only ask Big Daddy for stuff.

Thinking about it, I can sure see why the New Age ladies went gaga for the Goddess for a while there. Haven't had a real goddess in this culture forever. Mary is a total mouse compared to the Greek pantheon ladies.

As for all being the same thing? Why not? There are no rules in supernatural reality.

Boreas
04-21-2015, 02:06 PM

I mean WTF?

It's magic!

And Certs could only manage a twofer!Q

Tom Joad
04-22-2015, 06:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw0MripVxss