View Full Version : Walk Away....Great Article On ISIS and US Foreign Policy

icenine
05-20-2015, 10:35 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-ritter/the-blame-game_7_b_7338700.html

Dondilion
05-20-2015, 10:57 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-ritter/the-blame-game_7_b_7338700.html

This blame game is going no where.

I have come to agree with some of our Political Chat member Ike's positions...that the barbarism is inherent to the culture of the area.

merrylander
05-20-2015, 11:11 AM
If two groups of people who claim the same God can keep on hating each other for this long one wonders what we can do.

Apparently the police in Ramadi (Sunnis) were begging money from towns people to buy guns and ammunition. The Baghdad government (Shia) had not paid them for months. Even with al-Malaki out it is still as corrupt as ever.

Boreas
05-20-2015, 01:53 PM
If two groups of people who claim the same God can keep on hating each other for this long one wonders what we can do.

The Muslims worship the same god as Christians and Jews. All religions have demonstrated an alarming capacity for shedding blood in the service of their god. Look at the Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland.

merrylander
05-20-2015, 02:05 PM
The Muslims worship the same god as Christians and Jews. All religions have demonstrated an alarming capacity for shedding blood in the service of their god. Look at the Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland.

Pretty much an isolated example. Earlier Protestants and Catholics were quite actively antagonistic but by and large we get along. Just as well or Bob and I would be in trouble.:)

nailer
05-20-2015, 02:13 PM
Pretty much an isolated example. Earlier Protestants and Catholics were quite actively antagonistic but by and large we get along. Just as well or Bob and I would be in trouble.:)

Tell that to all the Germans who died after Luther stirred things up.

donquixote99
05-20-2015, 02:19 PM
It was the Thirty Years War that convinced everyone left standing in Europe that religious war was a looser. But every year millions of people are born knowing no history at all....

merrylander
05-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Tell that to all the Germans who died after Luther stirred things up.

Damn it you both are dragging us back to the 17th or 18th century, I am referring to today. Sure we were stupid in the past but we did manage to learn.