PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church to Protest at Beau Biden's Funeral

finnbow
06-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Because Joe Biden has the nerve to pray with a rosary.:eek:

From their website:

WBC to picket the funeral of Beau Biden, son of Joe Biden who holds a position of power in today’s Doomed America with a very public platform with which he could give the glory to God for this event. Rather, news reports indicate the elder Biden will be praying the rosary. The Lord Jesus Christ plainly said to keep yourselves from idols at 1 John 5:21. Yo, Joe! Start reading the Bible and OBEY and get rid of the goofy beads. They are an idol made with hands and cannot save you, Beau or anyone!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/westboro-baptist-church-to-picket-beau-bidens-funeral-rosary-prayers/2015/06/05/36f3d66e-0bbc-11e5-951e-8e15090d64ae_story.html

Pio1980
06-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Calling Freedom Riders----.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bobabode
06-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Calling Freedom Riders----.

Yep. :mad:

Boreas
06-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Utterly disgusting attention whores. I'd say that they'll give Christianity a bad name but that ship has sailed.

Tom Joad
06-05-2015, 08:03 PM
The Westboro Baptist Church are attention seeking Trolls, just like Lawdog.

The best way to deal with them is to ignore them and let them rot on the vine.

bobabode
06-05-2015, 10:04 PM
For anyone interested, here's Beau's Wikipage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beau_Biden

Army JAG officer and Iraq War veteran.

BlueStreak
06-06-2015, 01:21 AM
For anyone interested, here's Beau's Wikipage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beau_Biden

Army JAG officer and Iraq War veteran.

War veteran? That's not possible. Everyone knows only wingnuts serve in the military. They're also the only people that work and love their country. I'm told such True Patriots can fart the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Contemplate the differences between the WBC and your extreme religious right whack job. Aside from WBCs hatred of the military, there isn't much difference at all. Seriously, think about it.

Tremble in the presence of He Who Walks Behind the Rows!

Dave

merrylander
06-06-2015, 06:45 AM
What is in the water in this country? What is it that perverts the gospel so much? Do you wonder that we left the Church or perhaps it would be more accurate to say the Church left us.

Tom Joad
06-06-2015, 10:03 AM
What is in the water in this country? What is it the perverts the gospel so much?

Because Religion is a very effective way for a few people to control and manipulate a substantial proportion of the population.

merrylander
06-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Because Religion is a very effective way for a few people to control and manipulate a substantial proportion of the population.

Only if you let them, it does not take an over abundance of grey cells to see through their lies. Before my parents married Mom taught Sunday School. My Bible is inscribed 'for perfect attendance at Sunday School' yet I can see through the masquerade (not that my parents were religious fanatics as they certainly were not). Perhaps they are simply used to letting someone else make all their decisions? What a sad way to live one's life.

donquixote99
06-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Religion is the biggest of the big lies.

Tom Joad
06-06-2015, 11:10 AM

Amen to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

Boreas
06-06-2015, 12:04 PM

Because it has the power to propel its followers to the most heinous and barbarous acts humans are capable of, all in the name of some imaginary wizard in the sky.

djv8ga
06-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Because it has the power to propel its followers to the most heinous and barbarous acts humans are capable of, all in the name of some imaginary wizard in the sky.
Kinda like beautiful women...

Boreas
06-06-2015, 01:01 PM

Not even remotely like beautiful women, except maybe Helen of Troy.:rolleyes:

djv8ga
06-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Not even remotely like beautiful women, except maybe Helen of Troy.:rolleyes:
I'm gonna go eat an apple :)

merrylander
06-06-2015, 03:05 PM

Then they are being lied to and could easily prove it to themselves should they wish to do so. 1 John 4:8 :rolleyes:

Boreas
06-06-2015, 05:27 PM
"As for Beau Biden, his life was cut short by the will of God to whom all glory is given and he has an eternity of answering to the Lord for his own words, thoughts, actions and sins."

And this.

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2015/06/06/28604449/

merrylander
06-07-2015, 06:21 AM
One day those sick bastards will find out whether there is a Heaven or a Hell, although people of their ilk make earth a Hell.

Tom Joad
06-07-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't see them as all that much worse that your more "mainstream" Pat Robertson type Christians. They are all cut from the same cloth.

Boreas
06-07-2015, 12:23 PM
I don't see them as all that much worse that your more "mainstream" Pat Robertson type Christians. They are all cut from the same cloth.

In a way, Robertson is worse because, while he puts out the same hateful things, he does so in a way which has a veneer of gentility, gentleness and its own internal logic. WBC is so hateful, so crazed and so over the top that most people are turned off in the first 30 seconds.

BlueStreak
06-07-2015, 01:19 PM

Ummm, with the beautiful women it's not a "wizard in the sky". It's something a little lower than that.........:p

BlueStreak
06-07-2015, 01:24 PM
In a way, Robertson is worse because, while he puts out the same hateful things, he does so in a way which has a veneer of gentility, gentleness and its own internal logic. WBC is so hateful, so crazed and so over the top that most people are turned off in the first 30 seconds.

Yep. Similar message, more savvy delivery. "GOD HATES FAGS!!!" vs. "....we now turn to the Book of Leviticus, Chapter 18......".

Tom Joad
06-07-2015, 02:26 PM

Never thought of it that way, but you're right.

They both have the same agenda of hate.

The Pat Robertson types just have a slicker sales pitch for it.

finnbow
06-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Never thought of it that way, but you're right.

They both have the same agenda of hate.

The Pat Robertson types just have a slicker sales pitch for it.

And hence more followers.:(

djv8ga
06-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Ummm, with the beautiful women it's not a "wizard in the sky". It's something a little lower than that.........:pBeen Dazed and Confused for so long it's not true.
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you.
Lots of people talkin', few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below. ;)

BorisTAnimal
06-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Whilst we see the usual suspects knocking people of faith, let me clue you in on something. The WBC does Biblical Christians no favors whatsoever.

bobabode
06-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Whilst we see the usual suspects knocking people of faith, let me clue you in on something. The WBC does Biblical Christians no favors whatsoever.

WTF is a "Biblical Christian"? Are they any more Christian than say...Methodists? How about Catholics?

BorisTAnimal
06-07-2015, 08:17 PM
WTF is a "Biblical Christian"? Are they any more Christian than say...Methodists? How about Catholics?Glad you asked. Biblical (aka Evangelical) Christians are those who recognize that religion, good works, philosophy, etc. will never save mankind from their sinful, damaged nature. Only through a living vital relationship with Christ can do that.

bobabode
06-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Glad you asked. Biblical (aka Evangelical) Christians are those who recognize that religion, good works, philosophy, etc. will never save mankind from their sinful, damaged nature. Only through a living vital relationship with Christ can do that.

I know very well what 'evengelistas' are, usually narrow minded, holier than thou types, in my experience. Looks like you are dodging the question. So, once again, no heaven for Methodists and Catholics?

LawDawg
06-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Glad you asked. Biblical (aka Evangelical) Christians are those who recognize that religion, good works, philosophy, etc. will never save mankind from their sinful, damaged nature. Only through a living vital relationship with Christ can do that.

The "Westboros" are about as Baptist as ISIS.....A cat can have kittens in the oven, but, THAT DON'T MAKE EM BISCUITS!!!

BlueStreak
06-08-2015, 12:39 AM

Ha, Ha, Ha!

BlueStreak
06-08-2015, 12:46 AM
The "Westboros" are about as Baptist as ISIS.....A cat can have kittens in the oven, but, THAT DON'T MAKE EM BISCUITS!!!

Ha, Ha, Ha!, +1.

Really? Aside from WBCs hated of the military, what exactly would the differences be?

I remind you that they only claim America is doomed because of same sex marriage, abortion and our military adventures. So, again, aside from the hating on the military thing, what are the differences?

Hmmmmmm?

merrylander
06-08-2015, 07:45 AM

And you expect to find such people in Churches? Good luck with that.

Tom Joad
06-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Does anyone else find it ironic that a pair of haters like Boris and the Dog are the most outspoken about their claims to be "Good Christians"?

BorisTAnimal
06-08-2015, 08:05 AM
And you expect to find such people in Churches? Good luck with that.Yes! I do in fact. This is why the church exists in the first place.

merrylander
06-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Yes! I do in fact. This is why the church exists in the first place.

Funny thing that - if someone can show me where in the Gospels Christ asked us to build these towering edifices I will concede that there was a point (other than self glorification) in building them. It would possibly make some sense if they actually taught His message in them as well.:rolleyes:

MrPots
06-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Does anyone else find it ironic that a pair of haters like Boris and the Dog are the most outspoken about their claims to be "Good Christians"?

Isn't that what Christianity is all about, now and historically? Hate and intolerance?

MrPots
06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Funny thing that - if someone can show me where in the Gospels Christ asked us to build these towering edifices I will concede that there was a point (other than self glorification) in building them. It would possibly make some sense if they actually taught His message in them as well.:rolleyes:

Indeed. The biggest buildings here in Kansas are churches. If the money spent to build those monstrosities were used to help the poor, homeless, sick and indigent, there would be NO poor, homeless, sick and indigent.

But the christian's concerns about those folks only goes so far....

BlueStreak
06-08-2015, 10:12 AM
I believe God is everywhere, within us and all around us.

That organized religion is a creation of man, meant to divide and control us. Catholic vs. Protestant, Muslim vs. Jew vs. Christian vs. Atheist vs. Shia vs. Sunni......................

Mind control everywhere you look, indoctrination in the Sunday Schools and Madrassas, T.V. preachers marketing Jesus like used car salesmen, politicians pimping God for votes, pie-eyed zealots blaming "immorality" for earthquakes and hurricanes.........

People who use church for a dating service.

People who use church for business hook-ups.

People who use church as a fashion show.

People who use church to spread gossip.

People who use church as a political tool.

Murdering innocents in the name of Allah,

Indiscriminately bombing cities in the name of Jesus Christ,

Is it any wonder so many have had enough of it?

I know I have.

I'm pretty sure it annoys God as well.

Dave

Boreas
06-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Indeed. The biggest buildings here in Kansas are churches. If the money spent to build those monstrosities were used to help the poor, homeless, sick and indigent, there would be NO poor, homeless, sick and indigent.

But the christian's concerns about those folks only goes so far....

The biggest buildings in Kansas are grain elevators. :)

Boreas
06-08-2015, 10:56 AM
That organized religion is a creation of man, meant to divide and control us. Catholic vs. Protestant, Muslim vs. Jew vs. Christian vs. Atheist vs. Shia vs. Sunni......................

We are humans. Humans are tribal, just as our primate ancestors were and other living primates are. (Okay, they're "troupal".) We will always invent ways to distinguish "us" from "them". It's one of the survival strategies that has, after a fashion, worked for us. Evolving beyond that will be difficult, probably impossible

donquixote99
06-08-2015, 11:16 AM
In the lifetime of people now living, the human race will 'evolve' into whatever the Powers That Be want it to be. And they won't be asking if anyone wants to.

Boreas
06-08-2015, 11:20 AM
In the lifetime of people now living, the human race will 'evolve' into whatever the Powers That Be want it to be. And they won't be asking if anyone wants to.

The effort here and elsewhere to establish theocratic regimes is devolutionary.

Tom Joad
06-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Isn't that what Christianity is all about, now and historically? Hate and intolerance?

Potter, I can remember you saying you were a Christian on another forum we were both on.

And I gotta tell ya man you are one of the few that I have encountered that actually walks the walk.

Most of the ones I have encountered on the net do nothing but spew hate all over the place like a teenager popping zits in front of the bathroom mirror.

merrylander
06-08-2015, 12:56 PM
I believe God is everywhere, within us and all around us.

Mind control everywhere you look, indoctrination in the Sunday Schools and Madrassas, T.V. preachers marketing Jesus like used car salesmen, politicians pimping God for votes, pie-eyed zealots blaming "immorality" for earthquakes and hurricanes.........

People who use church for a dating service.

People who use church for business hook-ups.

People who use church as a fashion show.

People who use church to spread gossip.

People who use church as a political tool.

Murdering innocents in the name of Allah,

Indiscriminately bombing cities in the name of Jesus Christ,

Is it any wonder so many have had enough of it?

I know I have.

I'm pretty sure it annoys God as well.

Dave

John 11:35

Pio1980
06-08-2015, 05:11 PM

It's fine with me that any member here of faith in their respective theology intelligently, sincerely, and respectfully defends their faith, but, please understand that the 1st Amendment is intended to support freedom of worship as a right of individual liberty, and that efforts to coerce involuntary participation in/of a personally alien theology under color of law at the expense of anothers' full lawful liberty will be resented and resisted.

merrylander
06-09-2015, 06:42 AM
The biggest buildings in Kansas are rain elevators. :)

At the moment I would suggest that the biggest thing in Kansas is the governor's fat head.

BlueStreak
06-09-2015, 10:20 AM
It's fine with me that any member here of faith in their respective theology intelligently, sincerely, and respectfully defends their faith, but, please understand that the 1st Amendment is intended to support freedom of worship as a right of individual liberty, and that efforts to coerce involuntary participation in/of a personally alien theology under color of law at the expense of anothers' full lawful liberty will be resented and resisted.

Precisely.

merrylander
06-10-2015, 06:05 AM

What we call Christianity with a capital C is just that. Mere christianity is trying to follow His teachings (With apologies to C. S. Lewis).

sheltiedave
06-13-2015, 02:15 PM
The Westboro Church is comprised of over 50% lawyers, so it isn't too hard to figure out how they make a living. Go protest and picket, get roughed up, sue. Repeat.