PDA

View Full Version : flipping the bird to tobacco companies and Michigan

Grumpy
02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I ordered my first E smoke today. Looking forward to getting it.

Boreas
02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
I ordered my first E smoke today. Looking forward to getting it.

Good luck, Grumpy. Hope you kick the habit.

John

Grumpy
02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Ya know it is to help me with the habbit but its not meant to help people kick it.

More of a semi healthier way of smoking while saving a crap load of taxes, I mean dollars :)

Charles
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Ya know it is to help me with the habbit but its not meant to help people kick it.

More of a semi healthier way of smoking while saving a crap load of taxes, I mean dollars :)

I wish you the best of luck.

Chas

Grumpy
02-23-2010, 05:24 AM
A good friend of mine made the change to E smokes. According to him its costing 1/4 of what tobacco cost and the atomizer makes him feel 10 times better then smoke.

Mine should be here in a couple of days, i'll report my findings in the coming weeks.

merrylander
02-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Good luck.

BlueStreak
02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Hope it works for ya Grumpy! Good luck with that, Bud!

Dave

finnbow
02-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Good luck, Grumpy. Hopefully, you can save some shekels and feel better in the process.

piece-itpete
02-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Can't wait to get your take on it!

Pete

Grumpy
02-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Should have em tomorrow and will post once i figure out how to use the dang things.

Charles
02-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Should have em tomorrow and will post once i figure out how to use the dang things.

Damn, Grump, I'm waiting on a heads up!!!

Quit for five years, to help my wife, then she started again...and guess what dumb ass thought he could smoke a couple.

Bought a meerschaum when they raised the taxes, but I never could stand a pipe.

It's a nasty habit, the most addictive substance I've ever encountered, and I've encountered most all of 'em. Guess I need to buck up and go cold turkey again.

But I'm running short on willpower, old age creeping up on me.

Chas

merrylander
02-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Chas I did it at 68 so go for it.

Grumpy
02-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Got mine yesterday and its pretty simple to use. The nic juice is pretty cheap and last for a long time. You do get a rush from these and if you keep smoking reg smokes and using the machine it will make you sick, like the patches do.

Its all about weening yourself off smokes and I am still trying to figure that one out. Will post more in the near future.

piece-itpete
02-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Damn, Grump, I'm waiting on a heads up!!!

Quit for five years, to help my wife, then she started again...and guess what dumb ass thought he could smoke a couple.

Bought a meerschaum when they raised the taxes, but I never could stand a pipe.

It's a nasty habit, the most addictive substance I've ever encountered, and I've encountered most all of 'em. Guess I need to buck up and go cold turkey again.

But I'm running short on willpower, old age creeping up on me.

Chas

I've quit 2 times in teh past 8 years. 1st time, after a year, got silly in a bar, thought I could have one or two. 2nd time, to head that off (I'm not much of a bar person but head up occasionally with coworkers) I'd get a cigar when I knew I was going, a good one I justified because I was saving so much :).

Well then started with cigars pretty steadily, ran out, smoked the SOs cigarettes. D'oh.

Got mine yesterday and its pretty simple to use. The nic juice is pretty cheap and last for a long time. You do get a rush from these and if you keep smoking reg smokes and using the machine it will make you sick, like the patches do.

Its all about weening yourself off smokes and I am still trying to figure that one out. Will post more in the near future.

Excellent! Good luck Grump, you could use some!

Pete

Charles
03-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Say Grump, I've been waiting on an update. That damn thing didn't kill you, did it?

Chas

Grumpy
03-04-2010, 04:20 AM
Nope, I actually like it. Is it as good as a real smoke ? Nope but its cheaper and healthier by a mile. I will post some more about it later.

d-ray657
03-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Being a cheapskate, I had switched to the little filtered cigars - Captain Black - instead of cigarettes. They were taxed at a different rate I think. Cheaper, but they packed a pretty good punch of nicotine. A few years back, after getting whopped upside the head with a pretty bad case of depression, my doc put me on Wellbutrin, which had the positive side effect of shutting down the desire for nicotine. I can still have a cigar on the golf course or out camping without any inkling of a desire to start up smoking again.

Demonstrating the backwards thinking of insurance companies, my insurer didn't want to pay for it as a smoking cessation aid, but covered it as an anti-depressive. Seems to me that they stood to save a lot more money by permitting it for smoking cessation but denying it for depression. If I stayed depressed and offed myself, they would have saved lots of money, but if I wasn't depressed, they would save money on future medical costs by helping me quit smoking. As is stands, neither of those are now risk factors. Now if there was something to keep me away from chocolate shakes and on the treadmill, I could save them even more money.

Regards,

D-Ray

piece-itpete
03-04-2010, 08:04 AM
... If I stayed depressed and offed myself, they would have saved lots of money, ....

Lmao!!

Pete

d-ray657
03-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Lmao!!

Pete

It always warms my heart when I can add your daily entertainment.:D

Regards,

D-ray

Grumpy
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
It always warms my heart when I can add your daily entertainment.:D

Regards,

D-ray

Pete's easily amused :D

rickr15
03-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I quit when they hit 3 bucks a pack. Hard to believe its been 11 years. AZ taxes smokers for everything including day care of all things. I think they are about 7 bucks now.