PDA

View Full Version : FU congress !

Grumpy
02-25-2010, 07:16 AM
For not giving us a public option. Shows they don't give two shits about us.

noonereal
02-25-2010, 07:39 AM
not only did they not give us a public option, they did not give us a single payer

merrylander
02-25-2010, 08:54 AM
What did you expect after the health insurance and drug companies spen all those millions on Congress.

Grumpy
02-25-2010, 09:23 AM
I expected change.

All I got was another does of the status quo and some more bending over to grab my ankles.

Fast_Eddie
02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
It's clear as a bell what needs to be done. Democrats tried to pass health care, and Republicans stopped them. So the answer, clearly, is to vote for more Republicans.

American logic. Wonder why we can't move forward.

Fast_Eddie
02-25-2010, 09:44 AM
I can't stand it. I really can't.

Those bastards sitting there on TV telling stories about how bad things are. The very bastards who killed the one bill that would help. Oh, they want to do something. But we have to throw this out and "start over" so we can claim a political win. Fuckers. Doing all they can to keep things exactly the way they are while pretending to care and then offering "solutions" that don't solve anything.

Where the hell were they when they had the White House and both houses of Congress? Why didn't they do anything then? Fuckers yakcing about "it has to be bi-partisan". Well if you wanted a bi-partisan health care reform bill you could have gotten a slam dunk when you were in power. Why didn't they do it? Because they are gready ass holes who don't give two shits about American pain and suffering.

If you're against it have the balls to say so. Don't give me sob stories about how bad things are and then block any progress after pissing away a decade of power. Why the hell should ANY American listen to anyone with an (R) after their name after what they did and failed to do for this country.

Bastards.

Boreas
02-25-2010, 10:30 AM
CNN just poisoned the well for all their viewers. They broke away from the debate to a "roundtable" where they all chimed in to tell us that the Republicans were making substantive arguments, the Democrats were playing politics and the poor President was forced to take on the Republicans by himself. These "pundits" were so unanimous, not a single dissent, that it had to have been scripted by the health care industry.

And you should see the commercials they're running!

Fecking arseholes!

John

Boreas
02-25-2010, 10:42 AM
And..... and..... why do they only cut away when a Democrat is responding to Republican bullshit?

John

davidb
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Send them ALL home!

Boreas
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
C-SPAN radio stream! No interruptions, no spin.

John

merrylander
02-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Re CNN was Lucretia Borgia one of the talking heads? I think she goes by Gloria Borgers these days.

Boreas
02-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Man, is anyone watching/listening to this "summit"? McCain really embarrassed himself. What a nasty bitter old man he is!

John

Boreas
02-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Re CNN was Lucretia Borgia one of the talking heads? I think she goes by Gloria Borgers these days.

I don't know. David Gergen and John King were there and a few others. They're all interchangeable.

John

Fast_Eddie
02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
CNN just poisoned the well for all their viewers. They broke away from the debate to a "roundtable" where they all chimed in to tell us that the Republicans were making substantive arguments, the Democrats were playing politics and the poor President was forced to take on the Republicans by himself. These "pundits" were so unanimous, not a single dissent, that it had to have been scripted by the health care industry.

And you should see the commercials they're running!

Fecking arseholes!

John

And..... and..... why do they only cut away when a Democrat is responding to Republican bullshit?

John

It's the "chilling effect" of the "Liberal Media" myth. They know that if they don't pander to the right there will be a landslide of protest. So they screw the left to show people how unbiased they are.

Boreas
02-25-2010, 12:02 PM
It's the "chilling effect" of the "Liberal Media" myth. They know that if they don't pander to the right there will be a landslide of protest. So they screw the left to show people how unbiased they are.

I know. It's pathetic.

John

BlueStreak
02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I've been watching it on C-Span---it's the Republicans who have offered absolutely nothing but partisan arguments. McCain has been the most blatant. This country is fucked. The biggest hinderence to our competetivesness in the global market-place will run unabated and it's the Republican Party that's doing it. Cantor going on and on about "We can't afford it, we can't afford it......", Why can't these imbeciles see that we can't afford to do NOTHING?

It's so damned frustrating, it really is.

Regards,
Dave

noonereal
02-25-2010, 12:37 PM

John

but do you feel strongly?;)

Boreas
02-25-2010, 04:45 PM
"Get Of My Lawn" McCain needs to go to a home. During the back and forth at the Health Care Summit today McCain was citing some examples to make some point or other and he opened by saying, "I'm not going to mention California. We Arizonans hate California because they've stolen our water."

His earlier comments weren't much better. Mostly it was clear that he pretty much despises Obama for winning the election.

Man, that is one hateful SOB!

John

westgate
02-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Man, that is one hateful SOB!

John

gee, you must be talking about a republican. never woulda guessed.

Fast_Eddie
02-25-2010, 05:14 PM
I just can't find a position from the Republicans. We want to fix things but we don't like any of the solutions. So we're going to tell you how bad everything is and offer no actual solution to the American people. You know, the ones who elected us and the ones we just got finished explaining really need help with this.

I'm so angry at the Republicans right now I can't see straight. Same solution to health care they've always offered- you're SOL.

Grumpy
02-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Man, is anyone watching/listening to this "summit"? McCain really embarrassed himself. What a nasty bitter old man he is!

John

Nope. I have better things to do like run head first in to brick walls.

Fast_Eddie
02-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Nope. I have better things to do like run head first in to brick walls.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Grumpy
02-25-2010, 05:28 PM
I just can't find a position from the Republicans. We want to fix things but we don't like any of the solutions. So we're going to tell you how bad everything is and offer no actual solution to the American people. You know, the ones who elected us and the ones we just got finished explaining really need help with this.

I'm so angry at the Republicans right now I can't see straight. Same solution to health care they've always offered- you're SOL.

Now I didn't watch one second of that farce on TV but have a question. Would the dems have listened or changed anything if the pubs asked ? We all know the answer is this bill was set in stone a week ago. Prob is the dems are too much a puss to carry out their work with out the dog and pony show.

I am ashamed to call myself an american....

Boreas
02-25-2010, 05:32 PM

Ed, you gotta figure that, when the Repubs come out of the meeting, walk up to the microphones and all they can come up with is Obama talked more than anyone else, they know they just got their asses whipped.

Agent Orange even said he thought it was a waste of time.

John

Boreas
02-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Now I didn't watch one second of that farce on TV but have a question. Would the dems have listened or changed anything if the pubs asked ? We all know the answer is this bill was set in stone a week ago. Prob is the dems are too much a puss to carry out their work with out the dog and pony show.

I am ashamed to call myself an american....

The Senate bill is already loaded with stuff that came from the Republicans and Obama agreed to consider anything they offered.

John

Fast_Eddie
02-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Now I didn't watch one second of that farce on TV but have a question. Would the dems have listened or changed anything if the pubs asked ?

How many amendments from the Republicans were indeed included in the bill? I don't actually know, but hundreds I believe. And yet they voted no on their own ideas. Why even propose an amendment if you have no intention of voting for the bill anyway.

Again, where is *their* plan. Not this bull shit tort reform crap that will have nothing to do with any of us. Actual reform plan. They don't have one. The didn't have one when they were in power. The don't give a crap about changing anything. The current system is making money just fine. Why should they care? They have insurance. And, hey, we all know, it's only those poor people, you know, the ones that don't look like us, that really need health care reform.

Fast_Eddie
02-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Ed, you gotta figure that, when the Repubs come out of the meeting, walk up to the microphones and all they can come up with is Obama talked more than anyone else, they know they just got their asses whipped.

Agent Orange even said he thought it was a waste of time.

John

Yeah, who the hell does he think he is, the Presiden.... well. It *was* his meeting.

Charles
02-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Damn, I hope I don't live a long as Rob, much less maintaining my wits.

I do feel sorry for the younger folks...they've got a tough roe to hoe.

Chas

Grumpy
02-25-2010, 08:32 PM
The Senate bill is already loaded with stuff that came from the Republicans and Obama agreed to consider anything they offered.

John

Your barking up the wrong tree. I don't like either party.

Boreas
02-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Your barking up the wrong tree. I don't like either party.

Well okay, but I was just answering your question.

Sheesh! ;)

John

merrylander
02-26-2010, 08:03 AM
Well Chas I hope you do and also enjoy the same degree of health. Growing old is not for sissies but it beats the hell out of the alternative.

OK, so far Obama's bill is just an outline, going for reconciliation means they can tell Nelson, Stupak, et.al. to buzz off, re-insert the public option and then come up with a cleaner, more straightforward bill. The ones that sit in the House and Senate are to all intents and purposes dead.

Grumpy
02-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Well Chas I hope you do and also enjoy the same degree of health. Growing old is not for sissies but it beats the hell out of the alternative.

OK, so far Obama's bill is just an outline, going for reconciliation means they can tell Nelson, Stupak, et.al. to buzz off, re-insert the public option and then come up with a cleaner, more straightforward bill. The ones that sit in the House and Senate are to all intents and purposes dead.

I would love to see the public option added. Problem is why in the world would the dems do something to benefit the working man ???

It aint gonna happen but I hope I have to eat those words..

Fast_Eddie
02-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Problem is why in the world would the dems do something to benefit the working man ???

Especially when the "working man" has gone so far out of his way to kill it. Why would the Dems do it? They were the ones who wanted it in the first place. Never seen a Tea Party rally with "Universal Health Care Now" signs flying. They killed it in an effort to be bi-partisan. The "working man" thanked them by telling them they're being partisan and voting for a guy with a pick-up truck.

Grumpy
02-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Especially when the "working man" has gone so far out of his way to kill it. Why would the Dems do it? They were the ones who wanted it in the first place. Never seen a Tea Party rally with "Universal Health Care Now" signs flying. They killed it in an effort to be bi-partisan. The "working man" thanked them by telling them they're being partisan and voting for a guy with a pick-up truck.

Not really. Saying those asswipe repubs in congress are working men is like saying every CEO in America is worth what they get paid.

They do not represent me as im sure the entire dem congress do not you.

merrylander
02-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Got to agree with you there.

Fast_Eddie
02-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Not really. Saying those asswipe repubs in congress are working men is like saying every CEO in America is worth what they get paid.

Yeah, I guess I was trying to back into a point there- that being the Democrats are a lot closer to representing the "working man" than the Republicans. And I find it frustraiting that so many people who claim to be the "working man" tend to allign with the Republicans even though they screw them over time and time again. Why? The great tax lie.

Boreas
02-26-2010, 01:37 PM

Yeah, but who said that? They don't even say that.

I think there are individual members of Congress who represent the values I hold. For sure, not a single one is a Republican. As a party, the only game in town for me is the Democratic Party. Am I thrilled by that? Hell, no but there is no alternative.

John

Charles
02-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah, but who said that? They don't even say that.

I think there are individual members of Congress who represent the values I hold. For sure, not a single one is a Republican. As a party, the only game in town for me is the Democratic Party. Am I thrilled by that? Hell, no but there is no alternative.

John

I think there are individual members of Congress who tell me what I want to hear...when they smell an election coming.

Chas

Boreas
02-27-2010, 01:38 PM
I think there are individual members of Congress who tell me what I want to hear...when they smell an election coming.

Chas

For sure, that's the typical pattern of behavior but I think there are a precious few who are very principled and take their responsibility to the people quite seriously. On the left I'm thinking of Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich and Russ Feingold.

For the life of me I can't think of a single one on the right. Maybe that explains your cynicism. ;)

John

Twodogs
03-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Well there's 5 minutes I'll never get back. Is there any cheese to go with this whine?:D

BlueStreak
03-01-2010, 12:34 PM
For the life of me I can't think of a single one on the right. Maybe that explains your cynicism. ;)

John

Well, doe's it?

Dave

Charles
03-01-2010, 09:05 PM
For sure, that's the typical pattern of behavior but I think there are a precious few who are very principled and take their responsibility to the people quite seriously. On the left I'm thinking of Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich and Russ Feingold.

John

Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.

Chas

Fast_Eddie
03-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act.

Chas

I have a lot of respect for Ron Paul.

BlueStreak
03-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I have a lot of respect for Ron Paul.

He had the stones to appear in "Bruno". That took guts!

Dave

finnbow
03-02-2010, 09:51 AM
He had the stones to appear in "Bruno". That took guts!

Dave

He must have regretted that after seeing that movie. I liked Borat, but Bruno was just a bit over the line of good taste methinks.:eek: