PDA

View Full Version : The "Market"?

BlueStreak
02-28-2010, 01:54 AM
A question, or two, for ya.

Does the market just magically adjust itself up and down whilst everyone stands at it's mercy? Or, do you think there are people who deliberately manipulate it to acheive economic and/or political ends?

Regards,
Dave

Grumpy
02-28-2010, 05:02 AM
There is a couple of ways to take your question. Do you mean, can private business manipulate it ? the gooberment ? The answer imo would be yes on both counts. But not always to predicted results.

merrylander
02-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Of course it is manipulated, you must have heard the comment in newscasts "Well the market dropped today due to profit taking". In other words share prices have diddley to do with the corporations worth, just what the Wall Streeters want it to be at.

BlueStreak
03-01-2010, 09:10 AM
There is a couple of ways to take your question. Do you mean, can private business manipulate it ? the gooberment ? The answer imo would be yes on both counts. But not always to predicted results.

Anyone at all. And I'm not so sure about the "predicted results" thing.

Dave

BlueStreak
03-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Of course it is manipulated, you must have heard the comment in newscasts "Well the market dropped today due to profit taking". In other words share prices have diddley to do with the corporations worth, just what the Wall Streeters want it to be at.

Precisely.

Dave

noonereal
03-01-2010, 10:35 AM
A question, or two, for ya.

Does the market just magically adjust itself up and down whilst everyone stands at it's mercy? Or, do you think there are people who deliberately manipulate it to acheive economic and/or political ends?

Regards,
Dave

Is this a serious question?

BlueStreak
03-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Is this a serious question?

Kinda.

Just wanted to see if there was anyone among us dumb enough to believe that the market follows the mysterious "market forces" as some would have us believe.

Dave

merrylander
03-01-2010, 11:36 AM
It does, those mysterious market forces are commonly known as Goldman Sachs and others of their ilk.

Charles
03-02-2010, 08:35 AM
I've noticed that I have a profound effect of the market.

All I have to do is put some funds in it and it drops like a stone.

Chas

piece-itpete
03-02-2010, 09:09 AM
LMAO!!!

Pete