PDA

View Full Version : Bob Woodword is freaking out on Morning Joe.

noonereal
08-17-2015, 06:34 AM
Too funny. Trump has scared the hell out of many. Woodword was asked about Iran and he launched into a fearful cautionary warning to Joe about Donald.

Seems to me lots of folks just don't get Trump.

He thinks in macro and leaves micro for later... as it should be. But this seems to frighten many who demand a detail of ideas that will never come to fruition.

Very very interesting.

icenine
08-17-2015, 09:19 AM
He was very clear to Chuck Todd: he wants troops in Iraq to take over oil wells; at the same time he wants to cut our close ties to Saudia Arabia since we are drilling for oil here in the US. Very shallow and inconsistent intellectually and his nativism will be a huge turn off for Latinos. The longer he runs the better off for the Democrats but it is sad that he is evidence of how far the GOP has fallen.

Dondilion
08-17-2015, 10:50 AM
He was very clear to Chuck Todd: he wants troops in Iraq to take over oil wells; at the same time he wants to cut our close ties to Saudia Arabia since we are drilling for oil here in the US. Very shallow and inconsistent intellectually and his nativism will be a huge turn off for Latinos. The longer he runs the better off for the Democrats but it is sad that he is evidence of how far the GOP has fallen.

The guy is mouthing nationalism. And this sounds good to people who believe the powers that be have consistently sold us out...E.g. Nafta, Open Borders, Iraqi
Oil did not pay for War, Neglect of Iraqi/Afghan vets, Our taking on European
load from Germany.

Whether he has the answer or not the important thing he is voicing points of views in areas where the safe leaders are afraid to go.

In certain crucial issues there is hardly any difference between Democrats and Republican powers.

icenine
08-17-2015, 11:00 AM
The guy is mouthing nationalism. And this sounds good to people who believe the powers that be have consistently sold us out...E.g. Nafta, Open Borders, Iraqi
Oil did not pay for War, Neglect of Iraqi/Afghan vets, Our taking on European
load from Germany.

Whether he has the answer or not the important thing he is voicing points of views in areas where the safe leaders are afraid to go.

In certain crucial issues there is hardly any difference between Democrats and Republican powers.

I guess since Trump and Putin are similar he may be a bit more to your liking.
I mean have you actually listened to his "voicing points of views in areas where the safe leaders are afraid to go"?.

noonereal
08-17-2015, 11:10 AM

I promise you, he's no Sarah

not sure why so many want to think this

noonereal
08-17-2015, 11:14 AM
The guy is mouthing nationalism. And this sounds good to people who believe ...

Trump has made it clear, he is all about the deal.

His extreme rhetoric is pleasing to the base and sets a great opening position in negotiations should he become the President.

Not sure why so many can't understand what is going on with him.

catswiththum
08-17-2015, 11:17 AM
I guess since Trump and Putin are similar .

I don't think Trump has had any reporters assassinated yet.
Or poisoned any defectors with polonium.
Or blown up an apartment building full of citizens to justify a Chechen war.
Or fomented and armed a civil war in two nations.

I know you are a die hard Hillary fan, but comparisons such as that make you seem uninformed and unreasonable.

noonereal
08-17-2015, 11:23 AM

I know you are a die hard Hillary fan, but comparisons such as that make you seem uninformed and unreasonable.

There is an absolute fear and confusion from many regarding Trump.

"How can someone say such unconventional things and be reasoned?"

Well, they can.

bobabode
08-17-2015, 11:29 AM

How's Megyn Kelly's career going these days? ;)

catswiththum
08-17-2015, 11:32 AM
How's Megyn Kelly's career going these days? ;)

I'm pretty sure she's still alive with no bullet holes.

More than you can say for the 20+ who had the temerity to report the truth about Putin.

bobabode
08-17-2015, 11:35 AM
There is an absolute fear and confusion from many regarding Trump.

"How can someone say such unconventional things and be reasoned?"

Well, they can.

T-Rump is that moldy 'birther' fruitcake that makes the rounds every year. :D

noonereal
08-17-2015, 11:35 AM

More than you can say for the 20+ who had the temerity to report the truth about Putin.

I can tell you she's no better off as a result.

She was a smug little thing afterward. As if her attack was good journalism. It wasn't and that's why Fox threw in the towel.

noonereal
08-17-2015, 11:36 AM
T-Rump is that moldy 'birther' fruitcake that makes the rounds every year. :D

Do you think he really believed that? Like Sarah did?

icenine
08-17-2015, 11:57 AM

He uses his tough guy image in the same way Putin does.

catswiththum
08-17-2015, 12:00 PM
He uses his tough guy image in the same way Putin does.

No he doesn't - not at all, nothing similar.

When Putin talks, his words carry the implicit and very real threat of death or imprisonment to those who dare to have an alternate viewpoint.

bobabode
08-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Do you think he really believed that? Like Sarah did?

I don't think T-Rump believes in anything but himself and what's good for his bottom line.

I'm getting a 'huge' kick out of what he's doing to GOP, though.;)

Tom Joad
08-17-2015, 12:05 PM

She's finished career wise.

She'll be doing BJ's in the Motel 6 parking lot to make her rent by the time Trump gets through with her.

Boreas
08-17-2015, 12:27 PM
I can tell you she's no better off as a result.

She was a smug little thing afterward. As if her attack was good journalism. It wasn't and that's why Fox threw in the towel.

Why wasn't it?

catswiththum
08-17-2015, 12:59 PM
She's finished career wise.

She'll be doing BJ's in the Motel 6 parking lot to make her rent by the time Trump gets through with her.

She gets the ratings - a hot property now - hell, Trump will prob. hire her if she decides to leave Fox - she will cash in.

donquixote99
08-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Why wasn't it?

Because she was besmirching noone's new hero.