PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz wants pastors to read Sunday service he wrote.

Tom Joad
08-30-2015, 03:04 PM
The American Taliban.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08/29/ted-cruz-urges-pastors-join-war-women.html

Proverbs provides clear insight into God’s character. He has a personal hatred for seven things. God judges them to be so odious that they are an abomination to Him. His character will never allow His hatred of an abomination to evolve into a toleration of it. His children should be resolved to reflect His character, not to redefine it.

The Wise give shape to their personal and national character by loving what God loves and hating what God hates. Fools worship gods created by their vain imagination. They drift from the compass of God’s character. Their ears become deaf to His voice and their hearts become calloused to the touch of His hand. Any accumulative error of moral judgment is disastrous on a personal and a national level.

The abomination of any individual or any nation begins with the first act of disobedience to God. He finds rebellion disgusting, abhorrent and repugnant because it leads to a separation from Him and a loss of intimacy with Him.

When an individual or a nation stiff arms the character of God and embraces an abomination as the law of the land, it ends in disaster. When rebellious people disregard the compass of the most powerful, it is a very short step to dismembering the bodies of the most vulnerable. Like other nations, America has taken that step. It is time for a turnaround.

Pio1980
08-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Cruz is a sanctimonious asshole. So, what else is new.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Boreas
08-30-2015, 04:47 PM
"Ted Cruz wants pastors to read Sunday service he wrote."

President Ted Cruz would require it. And his father would occupy a newly created cabinet post, Secretary of the Faith.

bobabode
08-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Sounds like he's calling for a Holy War and a theocracy. There's something mentally deficient about these crackpots.

donquixote99
08-30-2015, 05:55 PM
He's seeking to co-opt religious authority, becoming a religious leader as well as a political one. Dangerous. Religion justifies anything. Religion claims to trump all other authority and law.

finnbow
08-30-2015, 06:04 PM
Same ol' Elmer Gantry stuff. There has always been and there will always be Americans who buy into that shit. If the GOP didn't sell that silliness, their base would dwindle to nothing but callous millionaires.

donquixote99
08-30-2015, 06:08 PM
It's not the same-old same-old, in that we have a presidential candidate attempting to do more than make a show of faith. I see Cruz attempting to establish personal authority as a religious leader. Haven't had that since Pat Robertson ran, and i think it crossed a dangerous line, both times.

Boreas
08-30-2015, 06:19 PM
He's seeking to co-opt religious authority, becoming a religious leader as well as a political one. Dangerous. Religion justifies anything. Religion claims to trump all other authority and law.

I think this has always been the plan, a duopoly between him and his papi muy loco.

Pio1980
08-30-2015, 06:35 PM
It's not the same-old same-old, in that we have a presidential candidate attempting to do more than make a show of faith. I see Cruz attempting to establish personal authority as a religious leader. Haven't had that since Pat Robertson ran, and i think it crossed a dangerous line, both times.

Pat Robertson as virtual chaplain was one of my major gripes with the Reagan admin.

finnbow
08-30-2015, 07:52 PM

Indeed it did (as it did every time it's been used), but there's a receptive audience to this malarkey. Hell, Trump is polling best among Evangelicals because he claims to love the Bible. This sort of silly shit is as American as apple pie.

MrPots
08-31-2015, 10:02 AM
"The Wise give shape to their personal and national character by loving what God loves and hating what God hates."

In order to practice this wouldn't one have to presume to know the mind of God? WTF does one do if God likes boiled okra?

IMO God likes trees and animals, grass, mountains, woods, rivers and such. No drama there, no special favors...just a nice relaxing tan. God didn't bring the great flood to get rid of the animals...God brought the great flood to get rid of man. So it seems God does not like man...who would blame him..... yet man keeps breeding like roaches no matter what plagues God throws at him.

If I were to presume the mind of God I would presume that God does not like mankind.

And FWIW, Cruze seems like an inbred disaster to me......

MrPots
08-31-2015, 10:06 AM

I'm still trying to figure out under what authority it trumps everything else.... what authority besides a deluded mind.....:rolleyes:

donquixote99
08-31-2015, 10:22 AM
The authority of God and Country! And it's to the stake with you if they hear you talking like that!

donquixote99
08-31-2015, 10:23 AM
"The Wise give shape to their personal and national character by loving what God loves and hating what God hates."

In order to practice this wouldn't one have to presume to know the mind of God? WTF does one do if God likes boiled okra?

IMO God likes trees and animals, grass, mountains, woods, rivers and such. No drama there, no special favors...just a nice relaxing tan. God didn't bring the great flood to get rid of the animals...God brought the great flood to get rid of man. So it seems God does not like man...who would blame him..... yet man keeps breeding like roaches no matter what plagues God throws at him.

If I were to presume the mind of God I would presume that God does not like mankind.

God loves little black beetles. The proof is he made so many different kinds of them.

Pio1980
08-31-2015, 10:56 AM
God loves little black beetles. The proof is he made so many different kinds of them.

I only know the white ones from Liverpool, were the Jacksons the little black Beatles?

Rajoo
08-31-2015, 11:45 AM

Didn't God make mankind in his own image, so what are you saying? :D

donquixote99
08-31-2015, 11:47 AM
I only know the white ones from Liverpool, were the Jacksons the little black Beatles?

no no no. Beetles! Beetles!

https://www.nature-watch.com/images/products/large/506b.jpg

merrylander
09-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Teddy seems to have forgotten that the Old Testament only reflects the hatreds and abominations of the religious leaders and prophets of those days. It may come as a shock to him but all of that text was not fax'd down from Heaven. Keep this up pastors and your churches will lose their tax exempt status, as well they should. Teddy really needs to read 1 John 4:8, but then he no more believes the crap he spouts, it is just a bid for personal power.

BlueStreak
09-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Look everyone, a Republican preaching hate!

BlueStreak
09-01-2015, 08:29 AM
"He has a personal hatred for seven things."

Right, and one of them is "Greed", another is "Wrath".

So, how does this Republican live with himself?

Pio1980
09-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Anyone else seen John Oliver On Televangelists? Check youtube for it and the followup.

Boreas
09-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Look everyone, a Republican preaching hate!

Going for the "Fred Phelps vote".

merrylander
09-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Didn't God make mankind in his own image, so what are you saying? :D

Bad translation Rajoo, He created man as he imagined we should look. :)

Pio1980
09-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Bad translation Rajoo, He created man as he imagined we should look. :)

Thot man created God in his own image, cthluhlu excepted and all those bloodthirsty Central American horrors.

Pio1980
09-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Anyone else seen John Oliver On Televangelists? Check youtube for it and the followup.

After watching these, check out Pastor Gas.
Then Wiki for some info on Robert Tilton.