PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Policies in the Face of the Latest Intifada

Boreas
10-17-2015, 01:28 PM
The unrest that has engulfed Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank, the most serious in years, has claimed the lives of 32 Palestinians and seven Israelis. “They were very angry and wanted to attack the soldiers”, he said of the stone-throwers, majority teens. A few of these measures included sealing off and imposing a curfew on Palestinian East Jerusalem neighborhoods if needed – already which have been implemented overnight on the Mount of Olives, Sur Baher, Jabal al Mukabber, with others on the way including Shuafat and Beit Hanina to the north. The withdrawal of residency status of any individual involved in attacks (whether proven or not) and their family members; confiscating all of the family’s properties and assets, demolishing their family’s homes and confiscating the land and deeming it government property.

http://www.ifreepress.com/6123-two-palestinians-killed-in-gaza-by-israeli-army-fire/

The Israeli security cabinet on Tuesday approved Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan's proposal to refuse to return the bodies of Palestinians who are killed by security forces after carrying out violent assaults against Jewish civilians.

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Israel-wont-return-bodies-of-dead-Palestinian-assailants-423911

Does anyone believe these policy decisions to be justified?

Do you believe that their implementation will quell the violence or intensify it?

Which of these two possibilities do you believe the Netanyahu government hopes for?

Pio1980
10-17-2015, 02:03 PM
I doubt that retaliation on the families is justified or a deterrent, tho I have no sympathy for the attackers and no objection to the anonymous disposal of their corpses.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Boreas
10-17-2015, 08:53 PM
I doubt that retaliation on the families is justified or a deterrent, tho I have no sympathy for the attackers and no objection to the anonymous disposal of their corpses.

The dead don't care. It's the bereaved who suffer from this.

This is adding insult to the injury the families have sustained, families who may in fact be innocent of harboring any anti-Israel sentiments, taking or condoning any anti-Israel actions. First they endure the death of one of their own and second they lose all they own and are expelled from the country.

All on suspicion alone!

Pio1980
10-17-2015, 09:36 PM
I should have made it clear that the families shouldn't suffer retaliation for the actions of a rogue member, but retaliation on the perpetrator is another matter altogether.

donquixote99
10-17-2015, 09:44 PM
I understand not wanting 'martyr funerals' which could lead to more violence. But don't go to anonymous disposal. Bury the dead attackers, then give immediate family access to the grave to mourn. Some level of humanity in this business can't be bad.

Retaliation against the families is just wrong. Not quite as wrong as when the Nazis shot 'hostages,' but too much along the same lines.

BlueStreak
10-17-2015, 10:09 PM
No! The Israeli government cruel? Never! Why they're wonderful people.