PDA

View Full Version : Just once id like to go to the docs

Grumpy
03-05-2010, 07:40 PM
and not leave with another fucking new prescription.

djv8ga
03-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Lol...:)

finnbow
03-05-2010, 09:43 PM
and not leave with another fucking new prescription.

They think it's their job writing a prescription for the newest, most expensive drug that money can buy. You leave with a miracle drug and they keep that sweet looking drug company rep happy while receiving some sort of interesting perk in the process. What a system.:(

Fast_Eddie
03-05-2010, 09:45 PM
You okay buddy? What meds they got you on?

Fast_Eddie
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
They think it's their job writing a prescription for the newest, most expensive drug that money can buy. You leave with a miracle drug and they keep that sweet looking drug company rep happy while receiving some sort of interesting perk in the process. What a system.:(

Man, not mine. Doesn't matter what's wrong with you, same "prescription". Exercise more and eat better.

Hell of it is he's always right.

finnbow
03-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Man, not mine. Doesn't matter what's wrong with you, same "prescription". Exercise more and eat better.

Damn. Popping some sort of magic pill sure seems a lot easier.:cool:

Grumpy
03-06-2010, 04:08 AM
You okay buddy? What meds they got you on?

Question should be what meds aint a I on..

noonereal
03-06-2010, 04:53 AM
I my case it's a catch 22. I need the meds to stay alive but the meds are killing me. I hope they are doing better for you Grumpy.

Charles
03-06-2010, 05:48 AM
I do feel sorry for anyone who is so ill that they're forced to go to the doctor. From what I've seen, they have a problem diagnosing anything short of a bone sticking out of your arm.

Chas

noonereal
03-06-2010, 05:53 AM
This statement is so true Chas it's frightening.

I often think that part of becoming a doctor is to rid themselves of common sense.

Charles
03-06-2010, 06:14 AM
This statement is so true Chas it's frightening.

I often think that part of becoming a doctor is to ride themselves of common sense.

You're up and kicking early for a Saturday. I have a couple of apointments this AM, otherwise I would have tried to sleep in.

I hate to say it, but a lot of doctors are incompetent, or they simply want a new Beemer. They also can be an arrogant lot. Then again, some of them are quite good at what they do.

I've drawn my conclusions from watching them deal with my wife. And listening to her. As a RN she deals with them daily, and she has a very low opinion of more than a few.

Myself, I pretty much avoid them at all costs. While they can be arrogant, I can be quite blunt, and this doesn't make for a good combination.

Besides, I'm not of a habit to pay someone to piss me off.

Chas

d-ray657
03-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Sometimes the doctors can be extremely accurate. They sent me for a brain scan and said the results came back negative.

Regards,

D-Ray

finnbow
03-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Keep in mind that they're just "practicing" medicine.

JJIII
03-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Besides, I'm not of a habit to pay someone to piss me off.

Chas

I've got more of those people than I need. Wanna borrow some? :)

merrylander
03-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Guess we lucked out, mine does not even send me for tests anymore, just checks me out and says "Get out of here, you're bad for business"

Sandy G
03-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Aww, shit...Don't get me started...Well, ya kinda did, so here goes..I'd just like a straight answer, IN ENGLISH, from these fools...When I had my stroke, I never could get ANYONE in the "Health Care Profession" to slow down long enuff to tell me whathehell was happenin'..."You've had a stroke.." was about all I could cadge from 'em. Well, whadda I do now ? Go dance a jig, call the undertaker 'n' tell him to bring his prettiest Big Tulip, go 'n' jack off on a flat rock, WHAT ?!? Quit actin' like EVERY situation is a potential life & liberty-ending lawsuit waitin' to happen...Same thing when you go see yr GP...5 minutes & you're out the door, after waitin' to see him for 45 minutes-hour & a half...Shit, I can't even remember half the questions I wanna ask...Give me some stuff that'll make me FEEL BETTER, like something that'll stop the itching this time of the year...And Grump, only ONE new scrip ? Shit, you got off EASY...

Fast_Eddie
03-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Sounds like I'm lucky. I have a doctor named McCoy. No joke. I call him Bones. Maybe be brought some technology from Star Trek with him. He had me on meds for BP and Cholesterol a few years ago, but told me all I really needed was more exercise and better diet.

I just had spaghetti for breakfast and I'm running eight miles today. Hope to stay out of sick bay for a while.

merrylander
03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Don't mention diet, in the morning I get coffee then a bowl of raisi bran flake. A bowl of fruit for lunch then a regular dinner. So far this week it has been rack of lamb, coq au vin, lobster tails and last night stuffed pasta (forget the name). Real tough being married to a cordon bleu chef.:rolleyes: