PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Prez admits we're broke!

OvenMaster
05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashocs.htm

"'WE'RE OUT OF MONEY'
Sat May 23 2009 10:32:18 ET

In a sobering holiday interview with C-SPAN, President Obama boldly told Americans: "We are out of money."

C-SPAN host Steve Scully broke from a meek Washington press corps with probing questions for the new president.

SCULLY: You know the numbers, $1.7 trillion debt, a national deficit of $11 trillion. At what point do we run out of money?

OBAMA: Well, we are out of money now. We are operating in deep deficits, not caused by any decisions we've made on health care so far. This is a consequence of the crisis that we've seen and in fact our failure to make some good decisions on health care over the last several decades."

Sandy G
05-24-2009, 06:45 AM
Don't worry, Barry, old sock; First of the month's comin' soon, you'll get yr Check then as always...

merrylander
05-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Sure we have a huge deficit, and guess who we can thank for that. Wall Street, Phil Gramm killing Glass Stegal, Drug companies - are you aware that 65% of personal bankruptcies are caused by medical bills? The cost of the wars in Iraq (WMD = Whoppers of Mass Deception) and Afghanistan.

We seem to have forgotten our own history, we foolishly think we can give people democracy; really? so who was it that 'gave' it to us?

They had a chance to get Bin Laden and blew it badly. Saddam was a real POS but he was the Iraqui's problem, not ours. Despite what Cheney would have us believe there never was a connection between Saddam and Al Queda.

noonereal
05-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Despite what Cheney would have us believe there never was a connection between Saddam and Al Queda.

he backed off that years ago, the sad part is they sold it so well many, many people still belive this.

merrylander
05-24-2009, 02:34 PM
he backed off that years ago, the sad part is they sold it so well many, many people still belive this.

Yeah, but what really gets me is the history part - you damn well cannot "give" people representative government, if they want it then they bloody well have to find the cojones to "take" it.

Or the alternative, as demonstrated by my Canadian brothers, peacefully take over.

Charles
05-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Sure we have a huge deficit, and guess who we can thank for that. Wall Street, Phil Gramm killing Glass Stegal, Drug companies - are you aware that 65% of personal bankruptcies are caused by medical bills? The cost of the wars in Iraq (WMD = Whoppers of Mass Deception) and Afghanistan.

We seem to have forgotten our own history, we foolishly think we can give people democracy; really? so who was it that 'gave' it to us?

They had a chance to get Bin Laden and blew it badly. Saddam was a real POS but he was the Iraqui's problem, not ours. Despite what Cheney would have us believe there never was a connection between Saddam and Al Queda.

I believe there was a connection between Saddam & Al Quida, but it WAS pretty thin. Personally, I don't think that the was in Iraq had that much to do with Al Quida.

My personal assumption is that the was in Iraq was a calculated response to the last 20 yrs of attacks on the USA by Muslim extremists. Start with the Marine barracks, World Trade Center #1, the Cole, WTC #2, plus some others that are slipping my mind. The time had come to do something.

Now, if we were to attack those who attacked us, we should have hit Saudia Arabia. But that wasn't the reason for the War in Iraq, either.

IMHO, the War in Iraq was to:

A: Apply pressure to Iran. If you look at a map, you will see that by occupying Iraq, the US now has Iran surrounded by countries that are at least somewhat friendly to us.

B: Get rid of Saddam. This guy had been a turd in the punch bowel for some time.

C: A very ambitious attempt to remake the order of things in the Middle East. Machavelli warned of such things.

I've yet to pass judgment on what has happened. Time will tell, and I don't feel as though enough time has passed at the moment.

Then again, it may have been nothing more than another money making operation for the big boys. Wouldn't have been the 1st time.

But this thread was about Oboma pointing out that the country is broke.

Like my buddy say's, "He's just now figgerin' that out?"

Chas

noonereal
05-25-2009, 05:33 PM
I believe there was a connection between Saddam & Al Quida, but it WAS pretty thin.

Chas, there is/was no connection between 911 and Iraq.

This is exactly why I think Cheney and the gang should be in jail. Far to many American's have been intentionally mislead and now believe this.

We were not attacked by Saudi Arabia either.

We were not attacked by a country but rather by a group.
We responded appropriately to that group although not as completely as we should have.

It is unimaginable that a president would allow the active misdirection of responsibility in order to achieve a personal goal of war. But Bush allowed it.

Grumpy
05-25-2009, 09:21 PM
None of the middle east is innocent.

soundhound
05-25-2009, 11:32 PM
geez, when i saw the title, i figured obama inhaled...

Ozmoid
05-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Sure we have a huge deficit, and guess who we can thank for that...
We can thank all the folks who have run our Country like a charity for the powerful and wealthy, instead of a business. Our children's children will still be recovering from the burdens placed on our economy by the past administration.

What boggles my mind is how ready the government is to give away my tax dollars (and a whole lot of future tax dollars) to companies that have failed. This is tantamount to graduating students who have flunked their coursework. :mad:

geez, when i saw the title, i figured obama inhaled...We would all be better off if he had. :cool:

OvenMaster
05-26-2009, 10:00 AM
geez, when i saw the title, i figured obama inhaled...
With all the money being printed and handed over to our failing banks, I'm assuming he did inhale.

Charles
05-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Chas, there is/was no connection between 911 and Iraq.

This is exactly why I think Cheney and the gang should be in jail. Far to many American's have been intentionally mislead and now believe this.

We were not attacked by Saudi Arabia either.

We were not attacked by a country but rather by a group.
We responded appropriately to that group although not as completely as we should have.

It is unimaginable that a president would allow the active misdirection of responsibility in order to achieve a personal goal of war. But Bush allowed it.

Perhaps not, but I have seen a certain amount of information connecting Saddam and Al Qaeda. Unfortunately, this issue has become so politicalized that it is hard to determine the truth.

Kind of like the Joe Wilson, Valerie Plame, yellowcake scandal. No doubt Scooter went to jail, although after the fact is was revealed that the leak came from Richard Armitridge...think I have the right guy.

Personally, if I were as concerned as Ms Plame about protecting my identity, I doubt that I would have allowed my mug to be plastered on the cover of Vanity Fair, even after the fact. Politics as usual.

As a side note, about a year ago it was revealed that app 600 tons of yellowcake had been moved to Canada, actually sold to Canada, by Iraq. The existence of the yellowcake had been kept secret for years by the Bush administration for security reasons.

No doubt, we were not attacked by Saudia Arabia, but by a group primarily of their citizens.

But as I said, the Iraq War was not about any Saddam/Al Qaeda connection.

Saddam had been in violation of the UN Sanctions for years. Which allowed the US the veil of legality to remove him, insert our armed forces into that area, and begin to put pressure on the governments in the region to clean up the radical factions in their countries. I did point out that this was a most ambitious policy, and one with no guarantee of success.

As far as the Bush Administration misleading the country in order to start his own personal war. He couldn't very well go on the 6:00 news and say, "Well, the 1st thing we're gonna do is go to Iraq and kick Saddam's ass right out in the street, just because we can. They we're gonna move in and start twisting everybody' tit until they clean all of the troublemakers out of their own respective countries. It's do it now, or do it later, and it ain't gonna get any easier later."

Personally, I think the Bush Admistration finally, after at least 20 years, came to the conclusion that we had a real problem on our hands. And instead of kicking the can down the road, like the previous administrations, they made the hard choices necessary to dealing with it.

At least this is my opinion,
Chas

noonereal
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
There is no information connecting Saddam and Al-Qaeda.
This is a fact. What you are referring to are the inferences made by Cheney that were made purposeful to have you and millions of other Americans believe it, yet not technically make him a liar. This is all well documented and it is not hard to determine the truth. Cheney himself has since said that there was no connection.
Here are his words: “pretty well confirmed” that a 9/11 hijacker met with Iraqi intelligence officials before 9/11.
Over the past six years, numerous intelligence reports have conclusively proved that there was no Iraq/al Qaeda relationship.
As I said before, your well intend belief is wrong because you were purposely mislead by Cheney.

Yes Iraq was in violation of UN sanctions but these sanctions were placed on him by the UN, the world community but we the United states decided to invade him, not the UN, world community.
Iraq was officially listed as, "contained" by our military at the time. What was the reason for war? Safety was not one of them unless you doubt our own military.

Why would you bring up "yellow cake Uranium?" That is not a weapon. It is used for nuclear reactors which Saddam had started to build before it was removed by Israel. More importantly, Saddam had biological weapons at the time of the first Gulf war (remember who gave them to him?) and he did not use them. Why? He was scared that we would wipe his country off the map if he did. He was told we would if he dared. Why then in 2003 were you scared he was now going to use them? Ridiculous.

Bush not only kicked the can down the road but he opened it first.

I doubt Al-Qaeda would still be in the mountains if Bush had not taken his eye off the ball.

Not sure what how or why you brought up Valerie Plame but what was done to her again was just short of illegal and Cheney knew exactly where the line was.

As a footnote, although I did not vote for Bush Jr I did vote for his Dad, twice. Ray-gun, twice and Jerry Ford. My point is, I am not a left loony, but I am certainly not a right wing nut either. I will not swallow either sides lies and manipulations and that includes the Clintons. The reason I volunteer this is that in todays political climate if you are unhappy with an administration people automatically assume you are pro the other side. I myself am a republican who has not had a republican candidate I could support since the old Bush. I could possibly have supported MCcain but once he put the dim witted Sarah on the ticket there was no way.

Charles
05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
The reason that I brought Wilson/Plame was to point out that this particular affair was nothing but politics. IMHO.

I am also aware that yellow cake is not a weapon. Once again, only brought up to point out politics as usual.

As to my line of reasoning concerning the Iraq War, I thought that I had laid that out.

By the way, I have followed the post 911 era rather closely. I've read a lot of opinions, both for and against, and several books concerning the issue. And from this I have drawn my own conclusions. BTW, I have paid little attention to what Bush, Cheney, or the media have to say on this matter.

I doubt that I am as misinformed as you suspect. And you have made two absolute statements, one that there was no connection between Al Qaeda and Saddam, and two, that I am wrong.

Now I doubt that I am completely right on my assumptions, but I also doubt that I am totally wrong.

Anyway, this is turning into a real pissing contest, and I for one intend to let it go. Other than to point out that just because I disagree with you is no indication that I'm a dolt who goes about preaching the party line. And I still like Cheney.

Have to go to work now,
Chas

noonereal
05-26-2009, 08:09 PM
sorry you took my post so personal. (Often happens in politics)

My only absolute statement is that Al Qaeda and Saddam have nothing in common.

merrylander
05-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Saddam had a mosaic made of Bush the Elder's face done on one of the floors so he could walk on it every day, I think that pissed off wee Geordie. That and Wolfowitz who had been pushing for us to attacke Iraq for years. I recall the photo of Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld walking down the Whitehouse steps smiling from ear to ear after they made the decision to invade, why not, they had no sons or daughters in the fight. I have over 4000 good reasons to hate their guts and to damn their nasty pale green souls.