PDA

View Full Version : Attack in Mali

catswiththum
11-20-2015, 07:13 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/20/reports-gunmen-attack-luxury-hotel-in-mali-capital-take-hostages/

They can't just bang on your door and inundate you with literature like the Jehovah's Witnesses? Bicycle around town in pairs like the Mormons spreading the word?

At this point, I am ready to accommodate their wish for apocalypse and bring their world to a swift and ignominious end.

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 07:33 AM
The first thing that happens is one imagines, and wishes, the violent obliteration of the enemy. That's whether it's ISIS doing bad stuff somewhere, or the asshole who just insulted you and threatened to sue.

catswiththum
11-20-2015, 07:38 AM
Speak for yourself.

I would just like them to stop killing poor motherf*&kers trying to go to work or scratch out a living in some already pestilent corner of the world.

If you have a more immediate and efficient way to accomplish the above than eliminating them with all due haste, I wish you would let the powers that be in on it.

Oerets
11-20-2015, 07:41 AM
If this is indeed Muslin Extremist as suspected, one should wounder. If their women and children were to be allowed the freedoms enjoyed in modern societies. This would then have a calming effect on the Testosterone fueling the hateful males?

Barney

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 07:58 AM
Speak for yourself.

I would just like them to stop killing poor motherf*&kers trying to go to work or scratch out a living in some already pestilent corner of the world.

If you have a more immediate and efficient way to accomplish the above than eliminating them with all due haste, I wish you would let the powers that be in on it.

I of course am speaking for myself. But I have ample evidence that I am not unique.

I know of no way to 'elimiate them all with all dues haste' without at least hundreds of thousands of collateral bodies. I'm more than half sure it will come to that. No one needs me to urge this policy, or to tell them how.

catswiththum
11-20-2015, 08:01 AM
Do you have another solution to the immediate problem?

finnbow
11-20-2015, 08:30 AM

Unfortunately, there is no immediate solution to the problem. In fact, the more immediate the "solution," the less likely it is to succeed.:(

BlueStreak
11-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Unfortunately, there is no immediate solution to the problem. In fact, the more immediate the "solution," the less likely it is to succeed.:(

Right. The best way to make the situation worse is to take the quick and sloppy route.

BlueStreak
11-20-2015, 08:50 AM
I don't see any "immediate problem". The problem we have is anything but sudden or unexpected. Christians, Jews and Muslims have been murdering each other and innocent bystanders for over 1,300 years now. If anything each bloodfest is just another day of religion bringing peace and brotherhood to the human race.:rolleyes:

I see what problem needs to be dealt with, but sadly I think it's here to stay.

MrPots
11-20-2015, 09:01 AM
Right. The best way to make the situation worse is to take the quick and sloppy route.

We should use that here in the US. Chicago has a murder problem...so lets nuke chicago.....

Tom Joad
11-20-2015, 10:43 AM
ISIS is now basically a Republican Super-Pac.:(

Rajoo
11-20-2015, 11:26 AM
ISIS is now the enemy within for Europe.

Bombing Syria Won’t Make Paris Safer
For Europe, the terrorists are already “over here”: They are among the children and grandchildren of the immigrants of the 1980s and 1990s, now endowed with the rights and liberties of citizens. For jihadists, would-be jihadists, and their sympathizers, Islam has evolved from a religion into a group identity and a system of belief that legitimates violence against state and society.
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/11/europe-muslims-paris-terrorism/416964/

Dondilion
11-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Post removed.

Mr. Lin
11-20-2015, 12:10 PM
I know of no way to 'elimiate them all with all dues haste' without at least hundreds of thousands of collateral bodies. I'm more than half sure it will come to that. No one needs me to urge this policy, or to tell them how.

So true - it's the uncontrolled, impulsive emotional reaction much of the world is predictably having right now, and it's going to lead to so much more misery and death of innocents on a massive scale if we don't get our collective act together and realize: this is exactly what ISIS wants.

Tom Joad
11-20-2015, 12:11 PM
We should use that here in the US. Chicago has a murder problem...so lets nuke chicago.....

You could probably get Republican support for that.

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 12:50 PM
You could probably get Republican support for that.

You're not kidding.

HarmanKardon
11-20-2015, 12:52 PM
The islamist terror is everywhere. ISIS will conquer the world. Unless we actually do not guess what is happening right now. Unless we do not realize how threateninig this cancer is...

You remember 1924? This little bunch of damned ARSCHLÖCHER called Nazis?

One should take ISIS much more seriously.

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 01:15 PM

The immediate problem being terror attacks? That kill hundreds?

The physical solution is to obliterate people until you've gotten rid of everyone who wants to do stuff like that. I fear you could kill millions and never reach the end of it--because you'd make more, as you went.

I think we need to approach the thing totally differently. We must start by asking what makes people see blowing others up, even blowing themselves up, as a good idea, as the thing to do? I mean, most of the time, most people aren't into that. There's something pretty extreme going on. We need to understand what that is, before we can come up with a strategy.

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 01:18 PM
The islamist terror is everywhere. ISIS will conquer the world. Unless we actually do not guess what is happening right now. Unless we do not realize how threateninig this cancer is...

You remember 1924? This little bunch of damned ARSCHLÖCHER called Nazis?

One should take ISIS much more seriously.

ISIS are not Nazis, and cannot conquer the world. They are no great power, and never will be. In a military sense, the terror attacks are pin-pricks.

WE might make ourselves into Nazis in reaction, though.

HarmanKardon
11-20-2015, 01:27 PM
It is my deep deep concern that ISIS' threat is underestimated. "They are no great power" - Beware the Ides of March even when it is November!

Making ourselves into Nazis in reaction is very unrealistically, in my opinion, but I respect your attitude.

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 01:34 PM
On the contrary, i think they are trying and succeeding in being way way overestimated.

What do you think, a few bombs are going to bring down Europe?

HarmanKardon
11-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Resist the beginnings!

Dondilion
11-20-2015, 01:41 PM
ISIS is now the enemy within for Europe.

Bombing Syria Won’t Make Paris Safer

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/11/europe-muslims-paris-terrorism/416964/

6)
From the linked article:Europe is coping poorly with its large population of alienated,under employed, and in some cases radicalized Muslim immigrants and their children.
It seems the zenith of recklessness to make that population larger still. Yet this is what been happening over the past three years.
The migration is not only Syrian, it comes from the greater Muslim world, extending from Senegal to Pakistan.
This summer, Europe's border controls collapsed under the pressure of this migration.

Dondilion
11-20-2015, 01:51 PM
In a military sense, the terror attacks are pin-pricks.

With a huge fear factor - creating the the fear of public spaces...travelling, working, entertainment etc.

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Resist the beginnings!

Oh yes, sooner is better and don't avoid doing hard things as necessary. But don't panic, take the time to understand what we want to do. Other than 'kill them all,' that is....:rolleyes:

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 01:57 PM
With a huge fear factor - creating the the fear of public spaces...travelling, working, entertainment etc.

A big shock factor, but it doesn't not have to turn into the troublesome pervasive fear of which you speak. The British can show other Europeans how to react. You'll recall how the underground in London was pointedly not shunned after the July 2005 attacks?

Boreas
11-20-2015, 02:10 PM
On the contrary, i think they are trying and succeeding in being way way overestimated.

What do you think, a few bombs are going to bring down Europe?

A single act, the Reichstag Fire, tipped Germany over the edge.

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 02:30 PM

Leaving aside the matter of who actually set it, it's as I said. The reaction is far more dangerous than the attacks.

catswiththum
11-20-2015, 03:00 PM
I am contemplating the proper reaction.

Having not been (yet) attacked by terrorists personally, probably a fruitless endeavor.

I do not imagine I would be sympathetic. But that's just me.

Tom Joad
11-20-2015, 03:16 PM
The islamist terror is everywhere. ISIS will conquer the world.

Are you kidding?

They're pathetic.

All they have proven with these attacks is that they can kill unarmed civilians.

As soon as the cavalry arrives they fold up like a cheap suit.

We'll knock their dicks in the dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

Pio1980
11-20-2015, 03:21 PM

A planned premeditated act to get just that result.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

donquixote99
11-20-2015, 04:14 PM
I am contemplating the proper reaction.

Having not been (yet) attacked by terrorists personally, probably a fruitless endeavor.

You'll be fine I'm sure. Let me know if you hear of anyone suggesting 'sympathy.'

Oerets
11-20-2015, 05:15 PM
ISIS plays this with a "long game "strategy" to victory. Where the rest of the world looks for a quick easy and cheap fix. Without any losses of personnel. Until the rest of the world sees this for the long bloody costly war it is, we will be losing. There will be a tipping point and I fear it will be in the shape of a mushroom or a dirty bomb cloud to change the momentum.

For one until the local neighboring countries and the effected populace should be doing more. But are sitting back letting others do the heavy lifting. If they had been from the start putting the hammer down I feel it would never had spread.

The area seems to do the best with a heavy hand to control the extremist. The USA when they took out Saddam started this current mess. Never finished the job of starting a working government. Made the mistake of thinking they were ready for a Western style of governance.

Barney

Tom Joad
11-20-2015, 05:25 PM
For one until the local neighboring countries and the effected populace should be doing more. But are sitting back letting others do the heavy lifting. If they had been from the start putting the hammer down I feel it would never had spread.

No shit.

Why doesn't Israel get off their asses and do something about ISIS?

finnbow
11-20-2015, 08:36 PM
No shit.

They're content to have their enemies (Assad, Iran, Hezbollah, and various Sunni misfits) fighting each other to the death over their northern border. Why interrupt your enemies if they're in the middle of destroying each other?

Oerets
11-20-2015, 08:59 PM
No shit.

In my opinion if Israel were to become involved in any way this would become uncontrollable. The Palestinians and Hamas would be filling ISIS ranks and the power keg would explode.

The countries I was thinking about were Turkey Saudi Arabia Pakistan just to name a few. With trooops on the ground, these countries have a large standing armies trained and fluent in the customs languages of the area.

Barney

Boreas
11-20-2015, 09:11 PM
A planned premeditated act to get just that result.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Of course. So was 9/11.

Boreas
11-20-2015, 09:13 PM

Being unsympathetic doesn't have to mean being foolish.

Blowing the shit out of Syria in an orgy of revenge is foolish.

Boreas
11-20-2015, 09:20 PM

Are you shitting me? Having Israeli jets bombing Muslims beyond their own borders would ignite a conflagration the likes of which you can't even imagine. It would put a quick end to the involvement of every single Muslim nation currently participating and the stream of volunteers for IS would grow into a flood. It would end up being Israel and the US against the Arab world.