PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith Entering Politics?

Twodogs
12-04-2015, 06:50 PM
I was at my Docs the other day for a knee injury, and he said he heard Will Smith (Fresh Prince) was getting into politics. We came to the agreement that if it was between Hillary, Trump, or Slick Willy, we'd both be going Slick Willy Style. Anyone else heard this? Sorry if there is already a thread, I couldn't find one.

bobabode
12-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Every Republican I've talked to hates T'Rump with Cruz a close second.

BlueStreak
12-04-2015, 10:53 PM
I'd have to hear what he has to say of course. But, I don't recall ever not liking him, so...............Why not?

I hate the sight of Trump. Everything about that crass panderer grates my sack. I've never really liked Hillary. Her husband, yes, but her...........No. Forget Cruz......... He needs to get himself a big tent and go into fleecing the faithful like his old man. He'd be great at it.

I like Bernie for his honesty, his pluck and I really do think he means well. But do I think he has what it takes to run this giant Ship o' Fools? I'm not so sure about that.

donquixote99
12-05-2015, 06:55 AM
We did the 'let's try an actor as president' experiment. Don't need to do again.

HarmanKardon
12-05-2015, 07:36 AM
I like him, in this case I wish I was queer... :cool:

:D

Boreas
12-05-2015, 08:08 AM
I like him, in this case I wish I was queer... :cool:

:D

Well, the Christian Taliban does insist that being gay is a choice, so.....;)

Ike Bana
12-05-2015, 08:10 AM
It's a crapshoot. The problem with politics has always been too many politicians and not enough statesmen (with apologies in advance to any stateswomen). And you never know who might be one, or if there actually are any of these creatures out there anywhere.

catswiththum
12-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Smith/Jones '16. I can dig it.

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Men-In-Black-psd71564.png

Tom Joad
12-05-2015, 11:40 AM
We did the 'let's try an actor as president' experiment. Don't need to do again.

I dunno.

I guess it depends.

I know he was a comedian, not an actor, but Al Franken is a damned good senator. I guess it just depends.

I don't have a clue as to what Will Smith's political views are.

Loved him in "Enemy of the State" though.

"Ever beat off in the shower Brian?"

"Ever have any homosexual thoughts"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WikPtKdffJ0

Dondilion
12-05-2015, 03:03 PM

That actor was effective.

Probably we should try another. :D

MrPots
12-05-2015, 04:44 PM

Although the first one was a trade "D" actor.....

Will Smith, I like him, and he's already saved the world once.....

d-ray657
12-06-2015, 03:14 AM
If he enters politics, Will Smith will be facing all sorts of questions about his relationship with the Church of Scientology.

Regards,

D-Ray

barbara
12-06-2015, 09:28 AM
A president who is a scientologist!
That's almost as bad as a president who is a Muslim 😉

What is this world coming to?! 😱

Dondilion
12-06-2015, 09:37 AM
A president who is a scientologist!
That's almost as bad as a president who is a Muslim 😉

What is this world coming to?! 😱

President Kennedy was Catholic.

donquixote99
12-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Of the three, Scientology has been the most sharply exploitative of it's adherents.

JJIII
12-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Of the three, Scientology has been the most sharply exploitative of it's adherents.

Tell that to some young boys.

donquixote99
12-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Tell that to some young boys.

Could also tell it to some suicide bombers. But percentage-of-adherents-wise, I stand by my statement.

catswiththum
12-06-2015, 10:48 AM
A world of stark contrasts we inhabit.

Amish - try to live peacefully, eschew automotive travel, make furniture.

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/files/2013/10/amish1.jpg

ISIS - try to impose their view forcefully, slaughter those who disagree, make nothing useful.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/files/2015/04/isis-video-320.jpg

Pio1980
12-06-2015, 10:51 AM
President Kennedy was Catholic.

Catholicism is an actual recognised religion, regardless of it's centuries long track record of self-aggrandising exploitation. Scientology is a devious racket specifically crafted to fleece it's emotionally vulnerable members, the wealthier and more famous, the better.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MrPots
12-06-2015, 10:52 AM
If he enters politics, Will Smith will be facing all sorts of questions about his relationship with the Church of Scientology.

Regards,

D-Ray

Gosh, that would be almost as bad as being' a Muslim wooden it?

MrPots
12-06-2015, 10:53 AM
ISIS - try to impose their view forcefully, slaughter those who disagree, make nothing useful.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/files/2015/04/isis-video-320.jpg

Christians - try to impose their view forcefully, slaughter those who disagree, make useful things.....

Pio1980
12-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Gosh, that would be almost as bad as being' a Muslim wooden it?

I would much prefer a Muslim.

catswiththum
12-06-2015, 10:56 AM
Christians - try to impose their view forcefully, slaughter those who disagree, make useful things.....

Recent examples?

Boreas
12-06-2015, 10:57 AM
A world of stark contrasts we inhabit.

Amish - try to live peacefully, eschew automotive travel, make meth.

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/files/2013/10/amish1.jpg

Fixed it for you.

Boreas
12-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Recent examples?

Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood.

Pio1980
12-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood.

And American evangelical Jesus weasels radicalizing American and African Christians.

Boreas
12-06-2015, 11:08 AM
And American evangelical Jesus weasels radicalizing American and African Christians.

Right! The American Evangelical Christian-authored "Kill the Gays" legislation in Uganda for instance.

catswiththum
12-06-2015, 11:16 AM

There are plenty - more than plenty - of unstable, murderous assholes warping their religion of choice; lashing out selfishly to vent frustration at their own pathetic lives or spewing hate to gain power and money.

I don't equate them with the ideals or tenets of the major religions of the world, which, I believe, were written by well meaning, thinking people concerned about the state of humanity and groping for a way to live in peace with other humans.

Whether you are a believer or not, the teachings of Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, etc. do not advocate the slaughters, propaganda, and fear instigated by the small, selfish, and power hungry who twist the words to suit their own sad purposes.

Pio1980
12-06-2015, 11:34 AM
There are plenty - more than plenty - of unstable, murderous assholes warping their religion of choice; lashing out selfishly to vent frustration at their own pathetic lives or spewing hate to gain power and money.

I don't equate them with the ideals or tenets of the major religions of the world, which, I believe, were written by well meaning, thinking people concerned about the state of humanity and groping for a way to live in peace with other humans.

Whether you are a believer or not, the teachings of Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, etc. do not advocate the slaughters, propaganda, and fear instigated by the small, selfish, and power hungry who twist the words to suit their own sad purposes.

I quite agree with this.

catswiththum
12-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Nowdays it seems everyone claims a religion and does the exact opposite of it's teachings to make whatever point - shoot, bomb, yell, assault.

Whatever happened to the sit-in? Occupy a space peacefully, have a seat, and hold hands.

Works pretty well, if I recall.

Dondilion
12-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Fixed it for you.

I guess they have a thing for Chemistry.

I notice that in many of the schools in NY City Chemistry like an afterthought.

I wonder if this has anything to do with this Meth plague.

BTW the Meth addiction is a really awful one.

Boreas
12-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Nowdays it seems everyone claims a religion and does the exact opposite of it's teachings to make whatever point - shoot, bomb, yell, assault.

Whatever happened to the sit-in? Occupy a space peacefully, have a seat, and hold hands.

Works pretty well, if I recall.

The sit-in and other forms of non-violent protest has never been a favorite tool of religions or religious movements. They have always preferred violence, even the Buddhists.

HarmanKardon
12-06-2015, 12:31 PM
The Buddhists preferred violence?????

Boreas
12-06-2015, 12:42 PM
The Buddhists preferred violence?????

Buddhists have a tradition of self-directed violence, notably self-immolation. Lately, however, they have begun to target others with murderous violence. The recent killings of Muslim Rohingyas by Buddhist mobs in Myanmar, even by Buddhist monks, is a new wrinkle and an indication that no religion truly eschews violence.

You can also look at the Samurai culture in Japan. Samurai were both profoundly religious and profoundly violent.

blustreakfan
12-07-2015, 09:50 AM
I'd have to hear what he has to say of course. But, I don't recall ever not liking him, so...............Why not?

I hate the sight of Trump. Everything about that crass panderer grates my sack. I've never really liked Hillary. Her husband, yes, but her...........No. Forget Cruz......... He needs to get himself a big tent and go into fleecing the faithful like his old man. He'd be great at it.

I like Bernie for his honesty, his pluck and I really do think he means well. But do I think he has what it takes to run this giant Ship o' Fools? I'm not so sure about that.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Boreas
12-07-2015, 10:25 AM
I wholeheartedly agree.

Well, you would, wouldn't you?:D

donquixote99
12-07-2015, 11:07 AM
What's this? Did bluestreak's significant other get an account?

Rajoo
12-07-2015, 11:34 AM
What's this? Did bluestreak's significant other get an account?

It's a BS fan club in the making. :D