PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley on Trump and His Followers

finnbow
12-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Sir Charles, never one to hold back, said the following during a sports show covering the NBA on TNT:

"This Donald Trump thing has been fascinating, sad, funny ... it's all over the place. It's been sad to watch him insult people and then see his numbers go up. He started out by insulting Hispanics ... now to lump all the Muslims together, that's even more insulting."

"Then you have these losers who love that because they're afraid to look in the mirror and see why their life sucks. So they have to blame other people. Your life sucks for reasons because of you, not because of Hispanics.

"To be honest with you, CNN has done an awful job this election. They have followed ratings and sound bites this entire cycle. Think about it. I love CNN. They're part of our company, but they've been kissing butt chasing ratings. They've become like Fox News for the Republicans, to be honest for you. They follow every single sound bite just to get ratings for these debates. And it's been sad and frustrating that our company has sold its soul for ratings."

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2015/12/charles_barkley_says_donald_trump_backers_are_lose .html

Nailed it.

bobabode
12-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Sir Charles, never one to hold back, said the following during a sports show covering the NBA on TNT:

"This Donald Trump thing has been fascinating, sad, funny ... it's all over the place. It's been sad to watch him insult people and then see his numbers go up. He started out by insulting Hispanics ... now to lump all the Muslims together, that's even more insulting."

"Then you have these losers who love that because they're afraid to look in the mirror and see why their life sucks. So they have to blame other people. Your life sucks for reasons because of you, not because of Hispanics.

"To be honest with you, CNN has done an awful job this election. They have followed ratings and sound bites this entire cycle. Think about it. I love CNN. They're part of our company, but they've been kissing butt chasing ratings. They've become like Fox News for the Republicans, to be honest for you. They follow every single sound bite just to get ratings for these debates. And it's been sad and frustrating that our company has sold its soul for ratings."

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2015/12/charles_barkley_says_donald_trump_backers_are_lose .html

Nailed it.

Gotta agree. We sat in my docs office the other day watching CNN for a bit and it was friggin' pitiful. Faux News Lite.

icenine
12-11-2015, 10:14 PM
I don't understand why white non-college educated males like Trump...I can see frustration with the post-Great Recession economy and the decline of the middle class as fears that motivate segments of America...but wouldn't it make more sense to support Sanders or Clinton? Do people really think that Trump is serious about taxing Ford or GM when they re-import cars made in other countries like Canada and Mexico to the USA? Trump is going to wave a magic wand and all of a sudden outsourcing will be reversed?

merrylander
12-12-2015, 08:16 AM
I don't understand why white non-college educated males like Trump...I can see frustration with the post-Great Recession economy and the decline of the middle class as fears that motivate segments of America...but wouldn't it make more sense to support Sanders or Clinton? Do people really think that Trump is serious about taxing Ford or GM when they re-import cars made in other countries like Canada and Mexico to the USA? Trump is going to wave a magic wand and all of a sudden outsourcing will be reversed?

Automobile manufacturing was never outsourced to Canada, The big three bought up Canada's existing manufacturers.

BTW as a white non-college educated male I think Trump is a horse's arse.

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Would Clinton or Sanders even touch on the impact of illegal immigration on certain communities?

donquixote99
12-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Would Clinton or Saunders even touch on the impact of illegal immigration on certain communities?

Can you point us at facts about this impact you mention?

Tom Joad
12-12-2015, 10:48 AM

Nailed it.

Charles Barkley is a Bigot, a 'Bagger and a KKK Sympathizer ...

http://politicalchat.org/showpost.php?p=250849&postcount=1

icenine
12-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Automobile manufacturing was never outsourced to Canada, The big three bought up Canada's existing manufacturers.

BTW as a white non-college educated male I think Trump is a horse's arse.

Yes but I think Trump wants to tax any Ford or Honda made there and sent here...I know Honda assembles some American market cars there, or has in the past.

BlueStreak
12-12-2015, 10:50 AM
He's right and Trump knows it. He knows the Republican base these days blames everyone but themselves for whatever problems they have, no different than what they accuse Liberals of. It's never "me", it's always "them".

"I can't make a higher wage, because the minimum wage.........."

Makes no sense.

"I can't feed my family because the union chased my job away."

Unions need working members to collect dues.

"I can't run a business because the regulations and taxes make it too hard."

That's funny, I see people doing it everywhere I look.

"I can't leave the house unarmed because of the Muslims and the Mexicans and........."

And other non-Mexican or Muslim criminals and lunatics.

"I can't_______ because of_______________."

Yeah, yeah, I know YOU can't succeed at anything............

"I can't... I can't...." All over the place.

It truly is pathetic.

Trump knows how to feed into this and use it as a marketing tool. That's all he's doing.

Vote for Trump or Bernie Sanders will seize your home. Vote for Trump or Hillary will seize your guns.

The only thing these people have right is this;

"Vote for Trump because he knows how to manage..........."

Yep, he sure does.....the way he's managing their minds through fear and bigotry.

It would be hilarious, if it weren't so sad.

Love,
Dave

icenine
12-12-2015, 10:54 AM
Would Clinton or Saunders even touch on the impact of illegal immigration on certain communities?

Most immigration is positive. I am sure your ancestors where immigrants too, unless you are Native American, which I am pretty sure you are not. If you are so afraid of immigrants just keep your self locked in your house until you die. That is the theme I get from most of your posts lately.

Tom Joad
12-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Sir Charles, never one to hold back,

"Sir Charles" my ass.

This guy is a fucken pig.

http://deadspin.com/5121873/charles-barkley-i-was-gonna-drive-around-the-corner-and-get-a-blow-job-

Boreas
12-12-2015, 10:58 AM

Jennifer Saunders?

finnbow
12-12-2015, 11:19 AM
"Sir Charles" my ass.

http://deadspin.com/5121873/charles-barkley-i-was-gonna-drive-around-the-corner-and-get-a-blow-job-

To each his own. I like Chuck.

bobabode
12-12-2015, 11:28 AM

Colonel Saunders is in the race? :rolleyes:

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Most immigration is positive. I am sure your ancestors where immigrants too, unless you are Native American, which I am pretty sure you are not. If you are so afraid of immigrants just keep your self locked in your house until you die. That is the theme I get from most of your posts lately.

You have evaded the question. Entirely!

BlueStreak
12-12-2015, 12:35 PM
"Sir Charles" my ass.

It's not a matter of whether I like him or not. He spoke the truth and I like it.:)

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Colonel Saunders is in the race? :rolleyes:

At least Clinton is. The question is still reasonable.

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 12:40 PM
"Sir Charles" my ass.

I always wonder about that 'title'. :D

bobabode
12-12-2015, 12:44 PM
At least Clinton is. The question is still reasonable.

She voiced support for the Gang of Eight plan that Boehner wouldn't bring to the House floor in the last congress.

Have you heard or read differently? If so, provide a link.

Here (https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/immigration-reform/) is a link to Hillary's position on immigration, FYI.

Tom Joad
12-12-2015, 12:58 PM

That's obvious by the way you're always throwing his name around.

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 02:58 PM
She voiced support for the Gang of Eight plan that Boehner wouldn't bring to the House floor in the last congress.

Have you heard or read differently? If so, provide a link.

Here (https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/immigration-reform/) is a link to Hillary's position on immigration, FYI.

Excellent! But after reading all that pandering (undocumented, instead of illegal) a non college educated white whose community is under siege would just see it as a repeat of Reagan.

bobabode
12-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Excellent! But after reading all that pandering (undocumented, instead of illegal) a non college educated white whose community is under siege sees it as a repeat of Reagan.

"Under siege"? :rolleyes:

As a non college educated (GED) white guy born and raised in Southern California - I find your position ridiculous and narrowminded. Are you white?

Tom Joad
12-12-2015, 04:09 PM

As a non college educated (GED) white guy born and raised in Southern California - I find your position ridiculous and narrowminded. Are you white?

I don't know about "under siege" but there certainly are a lot of Mexicans doing construction work in Florida and that has to have lowered the wages of white construction workers. As a roofer in Southern Cal. are you telling me you haven't been affected in that way?

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 04:30 PM

Besides the point whether I am white pink or blue.

The white working class joe's interest has been sidelined, put behind that of those who have just jumped the border.

The border jumpers have more politicians (especially Democrats) working for them than even the Saudis have.

Boreas
12-12-2015, 04:31 PM
You have evaded the question. Entirely!

The question is entirely too vague. What are the "impacts" you speak of and which communities are affected by them?

Also, what would you have the candidates say? Both have spoken at length about immigration issues so I can't help thinking what really motivates your question is your dissatisfaction with their answers. I also can't help thinking that your dissatisfaction is due to the fact that neither has attempted to demonize immigrants in the way Trump and the rest of the Klown Kar Kandidates have.

Boreas
12-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Excellent! But after reading all that pandering (undocumented, instead of illegal) a non college educated white whose community is under siege would just see it as a repeat of Reagan.

Why is it necessary that she use the most pejorative of terminology to describe these immigrants? Is it that, by not doing so, she's "pandering" to the wrong people? Would it be better if she called them "illegals" or even "wet backs" and, thereby, pandered to you and others of your persuasion?

Also, please describe this siege you allude to. And why is it only the plight of non-college educated whites which alarms you?

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 04:40 PM
The question is entirely too vague. What are the "impacts" you speak of and which communities are affected by them?

Also, what would you have the candidates say? Both have spoken at length about immigration issues so I can't help thinking what really motivates your question is your dissatisfaction with their answers. I also can't help thinking that your dissatisfaction is due to the fact that neither has attempted to demonize immigrants in the way Trump and the rest of the Klown Kar Kandidates have.

Yeah! Impacts of illegals are really vague.

Boreas
12-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Yeah! Impacts of illegals are really vague.

Then it shouldn't be all that difficult for you to answer the questions I asked.

donquixote99
12-12-2015, 04:50 PM
He's waved his hands in the direction of his perceptions. What more do you want?

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Why is it necessary that she use the most pejorative of terminology to describe these immigrants? Is it that, by not doing so, she's "pandering" to the wrong people? Would it be better if she called them "illegals" or even "wet backs" and, thereby, pandered to you and others of your persuasion?

Also, please describe this siege you allude to. And why is it only the plight of non-college educated whites which alarms you?

What is pejorative about illegal alien? Moreover is it is forbidden by the illegal constituency and therefore some politicians genuflect.

"non college educated whites" referenced post #3.

bobabode
12-12-2015, 05:13 PM

The white working class joe's interest has been sidelined, put behind that of those who have just jumped the border.

The border jumpers have more politicians (especially Democrats) working for them than even the Saudis have.

It was you who brought up non-college educated whites, that's why I asked Don but hey, I get it if you don't want to answer, tovarich. ;)

bobabode
12-12-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't know about "under siege" but there certainly are a lot of Mexicans doing construction work in Florida and that has to have lowered the wages of white construction workers. As a roofer in Southern Cal. are you telling me you haven't been affected in that way?

I haven't swung a roofing axe in 30+ years, TJ. :rolleyes: Anyone with more than a few leetle gray cells doesn't make a career out of it.

Dondilion
12-12-2015, 05:28 PM
It was you who brought up non-college educated whites, that's why I asked Don but hey, I get it if you don't want to answer, tovarich. ;)

reference post #3

merrylander
12-13-2015, 10:05 AM

It is not the politicians who are employing all the border jumpers. And K Street makes sure that these businesses will not be prosecuted.

Ike Bana
12-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Both parties love the distraction of the "illegals" destroying the lives of American workers, issue.

As it provides never ending cover for the actual issue of big business and corporatists destroying the lives of American workers. Which both parties have enthusiastically participated in since the 1970's. A money fueled big business makeover of government through corporate control of the media, academia, the pulpit, arts and sciences and destruction of organized labor and consumer protection groups. In full cooperation with both political parties who's pockets are stuffed with cash from the corporatists, and through the machinations of all three branches of the government.

Illegals...isn't that convenient.

Boreas
12-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Both parties love the distraction of the "illegals" destroying the lives of American workers, issue.

Really? Which of the Democrats has made such a claim?

Ike Bana
12-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Really? Which of the Democrats has made such a claim?

You're in a stupid fucking question rut.

Boreas
12-15-2015, 11:37 AM
You're in a stupid fucking question rut.

You know what they say: there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Howsabout trying to answer my question without teh stoopid?

Zeke
12-16-2015, 02:27 PM
...The white working class joe's interest has been sidelined, put behind that of those who have just jumped the border...

If "white, working class, Joe" wasn't an entitled racist -- with no superior skills to someone who doesn't speak the language and who "just jumped the border" -- then this wouldn't be an issue.

1. A job is worth what someone will pay you to do it.
2. That someone else will do it better for less is not the employer's issue.
3. It's only the issue of an employee who feels entitled to more because he's "Joe."

Besides, metaphorically, nobody in this country is a bigger border jumper than "white, middle class, Joe."

Compete or fuck off, I say. Lee Iacocca got a loan and built better cars, he didn't campaign for huge tariffs so foreign autos would be so expensive that people had to buy previously produced Chrysler crap: just as I'm not buying this "under siege" drivel. :rolleyes:

"Joe" wants a better deal? Be a better Joe. This land doesn't owe anyone shit.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 02:35 PM
You know what they say: there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Howsabout trying to answer my question without teh stoopid?

Who's "they?" Your mamma? That's your opinion.

Teh stoopid is your question. That's my opinion.

bobabode
12-16-2015, 02:45 PM
If "white, working class, Joe" wasn't an entitled racist -- with no superior skills to someone who doesn't speak the language and who "just jumped the border" -- then this wouldn't be an issue.

3. It's only the issue of an employee who feels entitled to more because he's "Joe."

Besides, metaphorically, nobody in this country is a bigger border jumper than "white, middle class, Joe."

Compete or fuck off, I say. Lee Iacocca got a loan and built better cars, he didn't campaign for huge tariffs so foreign autos would be so expensive that people had to buy previously produced Chrysler crap: just as I'm not buying this "under siege" drivel. :rolleyes:

A touch harsher than I would've put it but no real argument here. Hueros are rarer than hen's teeth in the construction trades in California.

Zeke
12-16-2015, 02:46 PM
A touch harsher than I would've put it but no real argument here. Hueros are rarer than hen's teeth in the construction trades in California.

I can be a dick, admittedly.

I just despise this red herring. ;)

Dondilion
12-16-2015, 03:11 PM

Ronald Reagan is the greatest politician of modern times.

bobabode
12-16-2015, 03:15 PM

Snort! :rolleyes:

Pio1980
12-16-2015, 03:30 PM

Mebbe FDR, Reagan wasn't bad for an amateur surrounded by opportunists.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dondilion
12-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Mebbe FDR, Reagan wasn't bad for an amateur surrounded by opportunists.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ronald, communicated, promulgated and installed the "Low Wage Social Contract" and his influence is alive and expanding.

People, especially Democrats have always underestimated the "Great Communicator".