PDA

View Full Version : Like fishing? Do it while you can!

OvenMaster
03-09-2010, 09:47 AM
"The Obama administration will accept no more public input for a federal strategy that could prohibit U.S. citizens from fishing the nation's oceans, coastal areas, Great Lakes, and even inland waters. "

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/news/story?id=4975762

Just thought I'd pop in and warn people.

finnbow
03-09-2010, 10:28 AM
As an avid fisherman, I'll keep my eye on this. However, I'm a bit skeptical about the implied intent of the Obama administration to shut down recreational fishing.

Boreas
03-09-2010, 10:44 AM
As an avid fisherman, I'll keep my eye on this. However, I'm a bit skeptical about the implied intent of the Obama administration to shut down recreational fishing.

Agreed. I see this as analogous to the NRA claiming the Gummint wants yer shootin' arns.

John

hillbilly
03-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Wonder who'll shoot me for fishin' on the family farm? The one that has two good size ponds and a larger third one that is about 10 acres in size and is spring fed and well stocked? Why ask who'll shoot me? Because on private property, thats exactly what they'd have to do when they trespass, and tell me what I can and cannot do deep in the woods on private property. I doubt they'll bann fishing anyways, at least no time soon. To many people will not stand for it, and this is America .. where folks have been known to rise up .. and tell the powers that thought they'd rule us .. to stick it. I think about this, and July 4, 1776 comes to mind.

The people will only take so much shit before they come un-glued.

merrylander
03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
It is probably more concerned with preserving fish stock, such as when fishing for rockfish (stripped bass) was halted for a period here. Of course the government can ignore fish stocks such as when the Europeans over-fished the Grand Banks and now all the cod fishermen are on unemployment insurance.

Charles
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
It'll never happen, unless the government figures out a way to piss away another trillion by doing so.

Chas

Grumpy
03-10-2010, 05:44 AM
It'll never happen, unless the government figures out a way to piss away another trillion by doing so.

Chas

Never underestimate what those boobs are capable of.