PDA

View Full Version : Safety threat in L. A. Schools

barbara
12-15-2015, 12:31 PM
That's a whole lotta schools to close down. Must have been a credible threat.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-all-lausd-schools-closed-threat-20151215-story.html

Tom Joad
12-15-2015, 12:54 PM
That's a whole lotta schools to close down. Must have been a credible threat.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-all-lausd-schools-closed-threat-20151215-story.html

What is a "Unified" school?

Sounds like some kind of religious cult.

Boreas
12-15-2015, 01:29 PM
What is a "Unified" school?

Sounds like some kind of religious cult.

You put the adjective next to the wrong noun. It's a unified district where both primary and secondary schools are "unified" under a single administration.

Tom Joad
12-15-2015, 03:12 PM
New Yorkers are tough.

Not like those Southern California wimps.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/15/new-york-schools-terror-threat/

All schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District were ordered closed Tuesday due to the threat. NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton said the email received in New York was similar to the one received in Los Angeles.

“We do believe, a preliminary investigation, that this is in fact a hoax and we will investigate it as such,” Bratton said.

He added that the school system in Los Angeles shut down schools without consulting with the Los Angeles Police Department. Bratton called the move a “significant overreaction.”

“We cannot allow ourselves to raise levels of fear,” he said.

barbara
12-15-2015, 03:21 PM
Two different circumstances....

In the New York case they had the time to sort out how credible or not the threat was. That wasn't the case in L. A.
Also, considering the closeness of the San Bernardino incident in time and geography, it's understandable why extra caution was taken.

Dondilion
12-15-2015, 03:48 PM
New Yorkers are tough.

Not like those Southern California wimps.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/15/new-york-schools-terror-threat/

NYPD has a very large, experienced intelligence and counter terrorism unit.

They are not easily spooked.

HarmanKardon
12-16-2015, 06:59 AM
The threat came probably from Germany, according to an analysis of the IP address from the Frankfurt area.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 07:12 AM
Obviously nobody's going to take a chance on it but....when was the last time any subhuman Islamist terrorist vermin warned anybody that a bomb was going to be going off, or that they would be opening up on innocent real human beings with their AR-15's and Kalashnikovs, or that they would be kidnapping, raping, and selling into sexual slavery 275 underage schoolgirls, or that they would be flying fucking jetliners into crowded office buildings full of innocent American workers?

They want as many of anybody who isn't them as possible to be maimed, or preferably dead. For christ's sake people, it wasn't a bunch of blue haired old Hadassah Jew ladies on a break from their Tuesday morning mahjongg club who took down the WTC.

But, I understand that the attitude on forums like this is...let's not go off all half-cocked over any sociopathic religious fanatics and be tagged as anti-Muslim bigots. So let's sit down with them and try to talk this out...and hope when the negotiations are over at least a few of us are able to get out of the room with our heads still on.

Un-fucking-believable.

barbara
12-16-2015, 07:36 AM
Obviously nobody's going to take a chance on it but....when was the last time any subhuman Islamist terrorist vermin warned anybody that a bomb was going to be going off, or that they would be opening up on innocent real human beings with their AR-15's and Kalashnikovs, or that they would be kidnapping, raping, and selling into sexual slavery 275 underage schoolgirls, or that they would be flying fucking jetliners into crowded office buildings full of innocent American workers?

They want as many of anybody who isn't them as possible to be maimed, or preferably dead. For christ's sake people, it wasn't a bunch of blue haired old Hadassah Jew ladies on a break from their Tuesday morning mahjongg club who took down the WTC.

But, I understand that the attitude on forums like this is...let's not go off all half-cocked over any sociopathic religious fanatics and be tagged as anti-Muslim bigots. So let's sit down with them and try to talk this out...and hope when the negotiations are over at least a few of us are able to get out of the room with our heads still on.

Un-fucking-believable.

So who says it was some Islamic terrorists?

Tom Joad
12-16-2015, 07:37 AM

Un-fucking-believable.

So we should close down all the schools in L.A. every time some 14 year old nerd sends a threatening e-mail from the computer in his parents basement?

Dude we had bomb threats back when I was in school.

Never traumatized me.

They were a big ho-hum.

HarmanKardon
12-16-2015, 07:38 AM
Ike we have such threats from time to time here in Germany (not from terrorists, though). Threats against schools via email or phone happen from time to time, launched by guys who should better jerk off a bit more often instead of threatening the public.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 07:41 AM
So we should close down all the schools in L.A. because some 14 year old nerd sends an e-mail from his laptop in his parents basement?

Dude we had bomb threats back when I was in school.

Never traumatized me.

They were a big ho-hum.

Where did I say anything about shutting down a school district. Keep your own ignorant utterances in your mouth and out of mine TJ.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 07:50 AM
Ike we have such threats from time to time here in Germany (not from terrorists, though). Threats against schools via email or phone happen from time to time, launched by guys who should better jerk off a bit more often instead of threatening the public.

Of course. All I was attempting to point out is that it's a tough call. We know what the vermin's behavior patterns are...but it's always going to be difficult not to act. And when they realize that we're not taking full measures when there is a threat anymore is when there will actually be a device, all necessary action isn't taken, and local authorities find themselves in court for the rest of their lives for ignoring the warning. Because what Americans do best is point their gnarly fingers of blame at somebody else and hook up with the most accessible shyster lawyer around to make a buck off their "suffering."

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 07:50 AM
So who says it was some Islamic terrorists?

Not me.

barbara
12-16-2015, 08:30 AM
Not me.

Right..... You were just the only one who brought it to the conversation.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Right..... You were just the only one who brought it to the conversation.

It's really too bad I have to take the time to help you understand my comment like you're a six-year old.

The point is it could have been a terrorist threat...and the question is, how seriously are authorities supposed to take it. How disruptive to everybody's life should those interventions be? And what would the consequences have been if the threat have been treated as a hoax and turned out not to be a hoax.

Read my post for christ's sake. I said that the Islamists typically don't drop leaflets or post on fucking twitter to let everybody know they've planted a bomb somewhere. And you interpret that as me saying it was Islamists? Very creative thinking babs.

It was probably just some kid, born in the EU, who's pissed off that it's so much worse there than back in the paradise in the ME that his parents escaped from. I never said it was Islamic terrorists.

barbara
12-16-2015, 11:17 AM
It's really too bad I have to take the time to help you understand my comment like you're a six-year old.

The point is it could have been a terrorist threat...and the question is, how seriously are authorities supposed to take it. How disruptive to everybody's life should those interventions be? And what would the consequences have been if the threat have been treated as a hoax and turned out not to be a hoax.

Read my post for christ's sake. I said that the Islamists typically don't drop leaflets or post on fucking twitter to let everybody know they've planted a bomb somewhere. And you interpret that as me saying it was Islamists? Very creative thinking babs.

It was probably just some kid, born in the EU, who's pissed off that it's so much worse there than back in the paradise in the ME that his parents escaped from. I never said it was Islamic terrorists.

More spewing from our resident discontent.

Who ever is pissing in Ike's cornflakes needs to stop right now! 😉

Every post he has contributed this morning is hate filled and down right crabby!!

Poor guy......😏

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 12:51 PM
More spewing from our resident discontent.

Who ever is pissing in Ike's cornflakes needs to stop right now! 😉

Every post he has contributed this morning is hate filled and down right crabby!!

Poor guy......😏

Always the personal comments from babe when she's been shown to have screwed up.

barbara
12-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Always the personal comments from babe when she's been shown to have screwed up.

Yep..... Angry and constantly on the defense.
I'm pretty sure there is a clinical diagnosis for your behavior. 😉.

Have a good day!

Boreas
12-16-2015, 12:55 PM

Now, that's really funny!

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Now, that's really funny!

I'm on my smartphone with the spellchecker that knows better than I what I'm trying to say. It was supposed to say babs...I have no idea as to babs' babe factor.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 02:09 PM
I don't understand what the BFD is? This was posted yesterday on another lefty forum where I hang out.

The current generation of jihadists don't give advance warning of specific times and locations, so from that aspect it seemed a hoax.

But I don't blame them for one instant for closing the schools. If anything had happened, even if it had been unrelated to the original threat, there'd have been no end to the criticism.

Says pretty much what I was trying to say. Nobody's having a cow over there regarding a suggestion that terrorists don't generally advertise upcoming acts.:rolleyes:

Boreas
12-16-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm on my smartphone with the spellchecker that knows better than I what I'm trying to say. It was supposed to say babs...I have no idea as to babs' babe factor.

Oh, that wasn't the funny part! Not by a country mile.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Oh, that wasn't the funny part! Not by a country mile.

Who said it was?

Boreas
12-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Says pretty much what I was trying to say. Nobody's having a cow over there regarding a suggestion that terrorists don't generally advertise upcoming acts.:rolleyes:

This is what you said.

http://politicalchat.org/showpost.php?p=295689&postcount=8

That post is so vituperative, so full of hatred, venom, bile, false equivalencies and just plain nastiness that I'm astonished that you're surprised by the reaction it got. And how you can equate it with the calm, reasoned and hate-free post from that other forum is equally astonishing.

Ike, you're only getting the reactions you're asking for here and only doing what you've admitted to doing all along. That's being the biggest hate-filled asshole you can manage to be here in an effort to cope better in the "real world". Accordingly, you have no right at all to play the victim here, none... at... all.

donquixote99
12-16-2015, 03:53 PM
That's just your opinion, John.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 03:55 PM
That's just your opinion, John.

You betcha.

donquixote99
12-16-2015, 04:00 PM
ghiiounaiower'aa

finnbow
12-16-2015, 04:00 PM
...Ike, you're only getting the reactions you're asking for here and only doing what you've admitted to doing all along. That's being the biggest hate-filled asshole you can manage to be here in an effort to cope better in the "real world". Accordingly, you have no right at all to play the victim here, none... at... all.

He seems to have bought into the Ted Cruz formula for interpersonal relations (quote from Cruz's freshman roommate at Princeton).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVZ2cjBWUAI6O_l.png

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 04:02 PM
This is what you said.

http://politicalchat.org/showpost.php?p=295689&postcount=8

That post is so vituperative, so full of hatred, venom, bile, false equivalencies and just plain nastiness that I'm astonished that you're surprised by the reaction it got. And how you can equate it with the calm, reasoned and hate-free post from that other forum is equally astonishing.

Ike, you're only getting the reactions you're asking for here and only doing what you've admitted to doing all along. That's being the biggest hate-filled asshole you can manage to be here in an effort to cope better in the "real world". Accordingly, you have no right at all to play the victim here, none... at... all.

I fucking know what I said. IMO my post is as accurate of the situation as it gets. The Islamists are subhuman scum. It's like you forgot about 9/11. Are you for fucking real? They're vermin. You want to sit down with them and work it all out. It's like sitting down with a honey badger. That's the Islamists. The honey badger of humankind.

The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg)

Go on john...you go ahead on and walk into a room to negotiate a happy ending with ISIS and Hamas leaders. Better just hope they left their suicide vests out in the car.

donquixote99
12-16-2015, 04:13 PM
Speaking just for myself, I endorse the plan where you sit down with the Islamists any time, but you don't expect a quick settlement, or any settlement, until conditions are right. Meanwhile, you have to do things other than talk, probably for a good long while, before conditions become right.

But you do look forward to achieving peace someday, and you recognize that talking is instrumental to achieving peace.

All this assumes the Islamists are human beings, not honey badgers. Metaphors are among the most unreal of all opinions.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Speaking just for myself, I endorse the plan where you sit down with the Islamists any time, but you don't expect a quick settlement, or any settlement, until conditions are right. Meanwhile, you have to do things other than talk, probably for a good long while, before conditions become right.

But you do look forward to achieving peace someday, and you recognize that talking is instrumental to achieving peace.

All this assumes the Islamists are human beings, not honey badgers. Metaphors are among the most unreal of all opinions.

ISIS, human beings? Really? I say ISIS members have by their membership and complicity in every inhuman ISIS act, disqualified themselves as human beings deserving of human consideration. There's no peace with Islamist ISIS fanatics, or Al Qaeda fanatics, or Hamas fanatics, or fucking vile goddamn Boko Haram little girl rapist fanatics. You really think they're ever not going to want you dead? Fuckin' really?

Maybe we can negotiate a peace. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywX3suZIjw)

Boreas
12-16-2015, 04:28 PM
ISIS, human beings? Really? I say ISIS members have by their membership and complicity in every inhuman ISIS act, disqualified themselves as human beings deserving of human consideration. There's no peace with Islamist ISIS fanatics, or Al Qaeda fanatics, or Hamas fanatics, or fucking vile goddamn Boko Haram little girl rapist fanatics. You really think they're ever not going to want you dead? Fuckin' really?

Maybe we can negotiate a peace. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywX3suZIjw)

Endless war, eh? There's no way to kill them all because, the more jihadists that we kill, the more that are created thereby. The only hope of peace is a negotiated peace. We just have to create a situation for the jihadists in which the realities of a peace are less odious than the realities of continued conflict.

Difficult? Certainly. Impossible? Maybe but it has to be what we strive for. Otherwise, we'll be killing them and they'll be killing us forever.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Endless war, eh? There's no way to kill them all because, the more jihadists that we kill, the more that are created thereby. The only hope of peace is a negotiated peace. We just have to create a situation for the jihadists in which the realities of a peace are less odious than the realities of continued conflict.

Difficult? Certainly. Impossible? Maybe but it has to be what we strive for. Otherwise, we'll be killing them and they'll be killing us forever.

The Nazis would have killed us forever. Particularly all of us Jews. What stopped them. We crushed them into dust. And hung the worst of them that we caught. They're sociopaths john. You know any? Ever run into one? I did forensic work for 5 years...sat in rooms with them. I'm still disturbed by it. Because with a sociopath, it never ends. It doesn't matter how much understanding you give them, how much kindness, how much consideration. They want to hurt you. What do you love, john? Because they want to hurt you like you want the lovely things you want in life. Hurting you temporarily welds the excruciating split in their object relations, in their ambivalent attachment to any other human being. Jeff Dahmer would have never stopped. Andrei Chikatilo would have never stopped. Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Wayne Williams, Larry Eyler, Richard "The Mad Biter" Macek (only 3 murders, but somehow, maybe the worst of them all)...none of them would have ever stopped. Not a one of them was psychotic...it was built into their character.

They're intractable.

PS - way, way, way too many Japanese never paid for the tens of thousands of crimes against humanity that they committed.

finnbow
12-16-2015, 04:43 PM
ISIS, human beings?

As despicable as they may be, if they can procreate with other human beings, they are, by definition, human beings. In an insurgent war (i.e., a war for hearts and minds), it's profoundly ignorant to simply dismiss one's enemy as subhuman (does the word untermensch ring any bells?) rather than try to understand what motivates them and use this information tactically in your battle plans.

FWIW, we helped create conditions in Iraq whereby many Sunnis in the north would rather live under ISIS than the national Shia government that we installed. By your reckoning, our "allies" in the Iraqi government are even lower than subhuman.

Boreas
12-16-2015, 04:47 PM
The Nazis would have killed us forever. Particularly all of us Jews. What stopped them. We crushed them into dust. And hung the worst of them that we caught. They're sociopaths john. You know any? Ever run into one? I did forensic work for 5 years...sat in rooms with them. I'm still disturbed by it. Because with a sociopath, it never ends. It doesn't matter how much understanding you give them, how much kindness, how much consideration. They want to hurt you. What do you love, john? Because they want to hurt you like you want the lovely things you want in life. Hurting you temporarily welds the excruciating split in their object relations, in their ambivalent attachment to any other human being. Jeff Dahmer would have never stopped. Andrei Chikatilo would have never stopped. Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Wayne Williams, Larry Eyler (maybe the worst of them all)...none of them would have ever stopped.

They're intractable.

PS - way, way, way too many Japanese never paid for the tens of thousands of crimes against humanity that they committed.

None of what you say, even the true parts, negates the reality of what I said. They can never be stopped by just killing. At some point some ISIS mullah will have to issue a fatwah ending jihad. There is no other way to stop them.

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 05:07 PM
None of what you say, even the true parts, negates the reality of what I said. They can never be stopped by just killing. At some point some ISIS mullah will have to issue a fatwah ending jihad. There is no other way to stop them.

They're not human beings. They're monsters.

donquixote99
12-16-2015, 05:47 PM
How human wars work, in pseudocode:

REPEAT
The bosses of group A say "Minions, kill group B."
The minions do it.
The bosses of group B say "Minions, kill group A."
The minions do it.
UNTIL The bosses say "Minions, stop."
THEN Minions stop.

Negotiating is the bosses (generally through mouthpiece minions) dickering and getting around to saying "Minions, stop." Minions mostly stop when they are told, and mostly don't if they aren't.

War, peace, victory, defeat, are basically events that happen in the minds of the bosses.

donquixote99
12-16-2015, 05:49 PM

sdlgkjo;dsirewellfiirtr!

donquixote99
12-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Add to the 'how wars work' post:

Minions generally think killing other minions is right, good, and the necessary way to end the war. But minion-level thinking misses how the program actually works.

Boreas
12-16-2015, 06:25 PM

Of course, the reason that they're monsters is precisely because they are human beings.

But, be that as it may, it doesn't alter the truth of what I said. It only gives us permission to become monsters ourselves.

Tom Joad
12-16-2015, 06:48 PM

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz359/Dog_of_the_Earth/creature3.jpg (http://s843.photobucket.com/user/Dog_of_the_Earth/media/creature3.jpg.html)

Ike Bana
12-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Add to the 'how wars work' post:

Minions generally think killing other minions is right, good, and the necessary way to end the war. But minion-level thinking misses how the program actually works.

It's not a war. It's a gang of sociopaths in charge...not all that dissimilar from how the sociopaths took charge of Germany in the 1930's. The nazis had their ethnic superiority ideology, the islamists have their religious superiority ideology. It gives both the sociopathic right to treat lesser beings with righteous barbarism. And...in reality they become what they beheld. They are the flawed beings.

But it has nothing to do with minions. To sociopaths like nazis and Islamists, killing others isn't rationalized to become right and necessary...it's intrinsically righteous and emotionally fulfilling to a flawed character. In my fucking opinion.

Boreas
12-16-2015, 09:08 PM
It's not a war. It's a gang of sociopaths in charge...not all that dissimilar from how the sociopaths took charge of Germany in the 1930's. The nazis had their ethnic superiority ideology, the islamists have their religious superiority ideology. It gives both the sociopathic right to treat lesser beings with righteous barbarism. And...in reality they become what they beheld. They are the flawed beings.

But it has nothing to do with minions. Killing others isn't right and necessary...it's righteous and emotionally fulfilling. In my fucking opinion.

The above is, of course, complete anti-historical nonsense.

donquixote99
12-16-2015, 10:00 PM

But it has nothing to do with minions. To sociopaths like nazis and Islamists, killing others isn't rationalized to become right and necessary...it's intrinsically righteous and emotionally fulfilling to a flawed character. In my fucking opinion.

Of course it's a war. How can you say it isn't?

The point is, when the bosses say war, there is war, until the bosses say stop, then it stops. That's the take-away. Focus on what makes them say 'go' and 'stop.'

One way to get a 'stop,' of course, is to sub in different bosses. People aren't really 'minions,' that's a metphore, like honey badgers. It's important to remember that Operation Valkyrie was tried, and might have succeeded, and that was with the stupid 'unconditional surrender' demand hanging over Germany.

HarmanKardon
12-17-2015, 02:17 AM
As despicable as they may be, if they can procreate with other human beings, they are, by definition, human beings. In an insurgent war (i.e., a war for hearts and minds), it's profoundly ignorant to simply dismiss one's enemy as subhuman (does the word untermensch ring any bells?) rather than try to understand what motivates them and use this information tactically in your battle plans.

The "Totenkopf-SS" had been the Barking Monster's most evil, most cruel henchmen division.

Each of them, and each member of the ISIS, started their life as a totally innocent human being. And they always remained human beings, at least physically. But there was a period in their life that corrupted their psyche and made these guys perverse. For me, the term "monster" is okay. I never used the actual name of the Barking Monster here. Creatures who gave up anything that makes a human being human...

Ike Bana
12-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Of course it's a war. How can you say it isn't?

How quickly lib ideology shifts when it's convenient. Twelve years ago we're screaming at the Bush people about calling it the "war on terra" and we're insisting that it's criminal acts by crazed individuals...but now when it's our guy in charge who can't extract his head from out of his ass...now it's a "war." Hypocrisy rears it's ugly, zit-covered head.

Make up your fucking mind.

Ike Bana
12-17-2015, 07:54 AM
The above is, of course, complete anti-historical nonsense.

The above is, of course, complete arrogant pompous asswipe drivel. Opinions...opinions...what a bloody rectal pain in the ass, eh john-boy?

donquixote99
12-17-2015, 08:24 AM
How quickly lib ideology shifts when it's convenient. Twelve years ago we're screaming at the Bush people about calling it the "war on terra" and we're insisting that it's criminal acts by crazed individuals...but now when it's our guy in charge who can't extract his head from out of his ass...now it's a "war." Hypocrisy rears it's ugly, zit-covered head.

Make up your fucking mind.

Who are you talking to?

;oaisefgo;nlkf;d! And ioejropgjepree[ too!

JJIII
12-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Who are you talking to?

;oaisefgo;nlkf;d! And ioejropgjepree[ too!

OK, I'll bite. What is that? :confused:

donquixote99
12-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Based on Ike's philosophy that there is no truth and one opinion is as good as another, it strikes me that one string of letters is as good as another.

Random can even be better than some, in my opinion..... :)

JJIII
12-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Based on Ike's philosophy that there is no truth and one opinion is as good as another, it strikes me that one string of letters is as good as another.

Random can even be better than some, in my opinion..... :)

Thanks.

donquixote99
12-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks.

Thanks for asking!

Boreas
12-17-2015, 11:06 AM

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12373356_10154412363017908_398176926010792920_n.pn g?oh=607b6865464fbacae3b81ae70597ec42&oe=56D69ED9