Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Food for thought in forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=13099)

Chicks 10-14-2020 12:02 PM

If you think clean laundry looks dirty because of an unclean window, you aren't terribly bright...

donquixote99 10-14-2020 01:23 PM

It's just a folksie tale type defense of dirty laundry.

Not Insane 10-15-2020 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 392861)
Without the person there is no activity and actions speak louder than words.

Absolutely true. It's why James said "Faith without works is dead".

Howver, since nobody is perfect, and we have all done wrong things, it's kinda difficult to judge another person for doing a wrong thing. That's why courts judge actions and meet out penalties for actions - what a person does - not for who the person is. That's why Christians are told to judge the sin, rather than the sinner, since all have sinned.

Not Insane 10-15-2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailer (Post 392862)
The point of this story is its conclusion which I've addressed above. The story itself is about a young woman who doesn't know what a dirty window looks like.

The story is an analogy or parable - about someone judging something else when it is their perception, rather than the thing, that creates their opinion.

I was going to explain it further, but I don't think you are a stupid person. I think you understand the concept of an analogy. This one is not about laundry and dirty windows. It uses a simple thing that everyone can understand to illustrate the point it intends to in a very clear way.

Not Insane 10-15-2020 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicks (Post 392863)
If you think clean laundry looks dirty because of an unclean window, you aren't terribly bright...

I completely agree. That is the secondary point of the analogy.

Not Insane 10-15-2020 07:21 AM

Looking at the responses here, I'm getting the feeling it was a very slow news day. I get the feeling I could have said the sun sets in the west and I'd have gotten a lecture on the earth's rotation around the sun and that it doesn't "set". :)

JCricket 10-15-2020 07:31 AM

I feel, in todays world, we are looking at filthy laundry through filthy windows.

JCricket 10-15-2020 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not Insane (Post 392898)
Looking at the responses here, I'm getting the feeling it was a very slow news day. I get the feeling I could have said the sun sets in the west and I'd have gotten a lecture on the earth's rotation around the sun and that it doesn't "set". :)

The earth does not rotate around the sun. We are the center of the universe. Everything rotates around us. And, BTW, the earth is flat too.

JCricket 10-15-2020 07:49 AM

More food for thought.
Whenever you get angry, it is because things are not going your way or are happening that you do not agree with. So, why is your measurement of the right and wrong, the correct and incorrect, more accurate than the person doing what makes you mad?

Chicks 10-15-2020 08:02 AM

Amusing watching the Insane clown trying to be "deep". He's about as deep as a mud puddle. :rolleyes: