Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Audiokarma Temp (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Looks like there's an unexpected problem (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=10252)

vinyl1 02-21-2016 01:11 PM

Looks like there's an unexpected problem

I went on early this morning, and a number of forums were missing.

I hope they are able to recover everything and get running again.

Boreas 02-21-2016 01:15 PM

Completely down now.

"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later. "

vinyl1 02-21-2016 01:35 PM

Yeah, that's what I see. Probably the database has to be recovered and restarted.

CarlV 02-21-2016 01:44 PM

Some of the stuff is going to be gone permanently maybe including D&S. There was an announcement Grumpy put on AK for all to read and the affected forums disappeared yesterday actually. Luther has been online past couple of days and since this is Sunday and he has a real job my money is he is doing other work on the site.

Carl

vinyl1 02-21-2016 02:04 PM

Er, they don't have database backups and journaling?

CarlV 02-21-2016 02:06 PM

Sure, of course.

Carl

donquixote99 02-21-2016 02:28 PM

Meh. I just uploaded a dozen pics to an album today....

Boreas 02-21-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donquixote99 (Post 302937)
Meh. I just uploaded a dozen pics to an album today....

Farz I know, they never did get around to migrating everyone's attachments/photos over to the new site. I wonder if they've somehow lost all of that.

CarlV 02-21-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreas (Post 302943)
Farz I know, they never did get around to migrating everyone's attachments/photos over to the new site. I wonder if they've somehow lost all of that.

migrating everyone's attachments/photos:confused:

My Member's Gallery pics are accessed off my Contol Panel with the new software and my attachments always were. Maybe Luther wrote a new Member's Gallery into the "new" software. It would make sense that's what he is doing today as he sure loves tricking things out. :)

Carl

Boreas 02-21-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlV (Post 302950)
migrating everyone's attachments/photos:confused:

My Member's Gallery pics are accessed off my Contol Panel with the new software and my attachments always were. Maybe Luther wrote a new Member's Gallery into the "new" software. It would make sense that's what he is doing today as he sure loves tricking things out. :)

Carl

In the old software there was a category for the gallery and another for attachments (photos or documents you had attached to posts). I had been unable to locate the attachments from Day One so I looked in the thread where everyone bitched about the new software and read that it hadn't yet been moved over to the new site but that it was on the "to do" list. More recent posts to the thread were complaining that it still hadn't happened.

And what's the "Control Panel" you speak of? I don't have one.