Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Religion & Politics (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Fundimentalists (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=2919)

finnbow 08-24-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 70800)
Fo sho.

:p

In the US we are supposed to be free men (and women ;)) Toss freedom of religion in the trash and you can kiss free speech goodbye.

Pete

This has nothing to do with freedom of religion. You are free to believe in anything you wish. However, I'm also free to criticize your beliefs if you maintain that the moon is made of green cheese and you want to direct NASA's mission on that basis.

finnbow 08-24-2011 12:32 PM

VIRGINIA BEACH (The Borowitz Report) – Evangelist Pat Robertson sparked controversy in today’s broadcast of his 700 Club program by saying that yesterday’s mild East Coast earthquake was God’s revenge on people “who act kind of gay.”

“All across the Eastern seaboard, there are men who get manicures, wear designer eyewear and know about thread counts,” Rev. Robertson. “God finds this somewhat gay-like behavior confusing, and He responded by getting mildly peeved.”

The televangelist warned that if Americans persist in their “seemingly sort-of-gay behavior,” the country should brace itself for additional ambiguous acts of retaliation from the Almighty.

“God will strike back at people who act sort of gay with all kinds of mild responses,” he said. “If you keep getting pedicures and facials, you can expect two to three inches of rain and some really hot humid days in your future.”

Rev. Robertson said that New Yorkers who reacted in an over-the-top way to yesterday’s temblor “run the risk of moderately annoying the Heavenly Father yet again.”

“God looks at people who get their panties in a twist after a little shaking, and He says to Himself, ‘Wow, that’s really kind of gay,’” he said.

BlueStreak 08-24-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Fo sho.

In the US we are supposed to be free men (and women ;)) Toss freedom of religion in the trash and you can kiss free speech goodbye.

Pete

So, why do you support Dominionists then? I can't think of a single thing more menacing to Freedom of Religion than introducing Theocratic Dominionism into government. Nothing. Secularism supports the right to have diverse religious beliefs, dominionism seeks to bring everyone under the same (revival) tent---like it, or not.

Oh, that's right, Christians are somehow "different". They would never dream of such a thing...................

Dave

epifanatic 08-24-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Fo sho.

Pete

Feel free to practice any religion you want, just keep it out of my face and my gubmint.

piece-itpete 08-24-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finnbow (Post 70803)
This has nothing to do with freedom of religion. You are free to believe in anything you wish. However, I'm also free to criticize your beliefs if you maintain that the moon is made of green cheese and you want to direct NASA's mission on that basis.

Finn, when I point out flaws and adustments in various popularly held theories I'm told that's how science works (well duh). On the flip side, these fine ivory tower masters believe in science and are therefore smarter and more right than regular folks.

It's a great argument.

To direct NASAs next moon shot (I haven't been asked yet, but I expect the call soon) I would use direct observable verifiable data. I wouldn't worry too much about who wants to sleep with their mother et al.

Pete

BlueStreak 08-24-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epifanatic (Post 70806)
Feel free to practice any religion you want, just keep it out of my face and my gubmint.

+1.

Dave

epifanatic 08-24-2011 12:43 PM

Holy crap!!!! I just became a "Senior Member"!!!!! what's next? AARP card??

piece-itpete 08-24-2011 12:49 PM

LMAO! Or in light of your new condition perhaps I need to speak up:

LMAO!!

Pete

epifanatic 08-24-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piece-itpete (Post 70814)
LMAO! Or in light of your new condition perhaps I need to speak up:

LMAO!!

Pete

Thanks Pete, are "senior moments" far behind??

piece-itpete 08-24-2011 01:24 PM

Depends: how many brain cells you fry in school? :)

Pete