Political Forums

Political Forums (http://www.politicalchat.org/index.php)
-   Current events (http://www.politicalchat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Happy Labor Day (http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=4551)

Twodogs 09-03-2012 05:41 PM

Happy Labor Day

I'm getting ready to build a white hot fire and burn some Ribeyes. This is kind of a special Labor Day, with the highest gas prices in the history of Labor Day. I need to put some diesel in my old Chevy, but maybe I should wait. The only gas I'll be using this week is in my mower and string trimmer. :)

Oerets 09-03-2012 05:47 PM

Sounds like you are going after a relaxing day and enjoying the time off. We just hung around the house today getting things done that have been put off. With all the rain the last few days my grass will need mowing soon also.

Or gas went up just about every day last week it seemed.

Barney

BlueStreak 09-03-2012 05:53 PM

Looks like efforts to make you conserve are working beautifully.:p

Enjoy your holiday, and try to reflect on what it's all about.

(I have the thread posted in the History Forum.;))

Dave

Twodogs 09-03-2012 06:08 PM

Yep, I took the whole week off. I figured I labor so hard and so much that one day just wouldn't cover it. :) I'm going to spend most of the week hunched over a couple integrated tube amps; one Scott 222C and one Eico HF81. Integrated amps are a pita and I simply refuse to work on receivers at all. I think God wants everyone to have separates, with lots of room under the hoods. :p

mpholland 09-03-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 121381)
Yep, I took the whole week off. I figured I labor so hard and so much that one day just wouldn't cover it. :) I'm going to spend most of the week hunched over a couple integrated tube amps; one Scott 222C and one Eico HF81. Integrated amps are a pita and I simply refuse to work on receivers at all. I think God wants everyone to have separates, with lots of room under the hoods. :p

One of these days I am going to send you an HK A500 to work some magic on. :D

bobabode 09-03-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twodogs (Post 121374)
I'm getting ready to build a white hot fire and burn some Ribeyes. This is kind of a special Labor Day, with the highest gas prices in the history of Labor Day. I need to put some diesel in my old Chevy, but maybe I should wait. The only gas I'll be using this week is in my mower and string trimmer. :)

Quote:

You have a good one too Jay.
Patty and I went down to the Wedge in Newport Beach to watch the young crazies surf yesterday afternoon. Heh, maybe surf isn't the right word - get punished is more like it. It's a crazy place.

BlueStreak 09-03-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

The 222c is a sweet unit. I had one many years ago during my drunk days. Don't even remember what happened to it.

merrylander 09-04-2012 07:00 AM

Did almost nothing yesterday and plan on matching that today.

Twodogs 09-04-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStreak (Post 121400)
The 222c is a sweet unit. I had one many years ago during my drunk days. Don't even remember what happened to it.

Aaack! We agreed twice in one morning. Now I must do a clorox enema too.;)

Thisun's for Cableguy over at AK. I'm adding a few "upgrades", like regulated screens and such. These old integrateds always surprise me on how good they sound with the right speakers. :)

BlueStreak 09-04-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobabode (Post 121397)
You have a good one too Jay.
Patty and I went down to the Wedge in Newport Beach to watch the young crazies surf yesterday afternoon. Heh, maybe surf isn't the right word - get punished is more like it. It's a crazy place.

I saw a film clip of some guys surfing in California back in the '60s. The place was rocky as hell. It looked very dangerous---As in smashed on the rocks dangerous. Is that the place?

Dave